This is BX @ Boxden.com

(video) Charles Barkley reaction to Jason Collins coming out

(video) Charles Barkley reaction to Jason Collins coming out
topic by Dolphin King - 04-30-2013, 04:54 AM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

Video inside Charles Barkley's Take on Jason Collins | April 29, 2013 | 4/29/2013 | NBA Playoffs 2013 - YouTube

> (video) Charles Barkley reaction to Jason Collins coming out - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

119 comments for "(video) Charles Barkley reaction to Jason Collins coming out"

04-30-2013, 05:05 AMaway - #2
Left Hook 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$11,915 | POWERFUL
Good reaction, IMHO. That last bit is especially true.
 04-30-2013, 05:14 AMaway - #3
slipnslide85 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$3,787 | POWERFUL
I'm really dissappointed in Chuck and in Kenny: the "struggle" of being gay is NO WHERE close to what black people in America have had to deal with ( and STILL deal with today)

- gay people weren't dragged into this country to work as slaves and to be treated less than human
- gay people arnt disrespected every day in the media, brainwashed and trained to hate themselves
- gay people havnt been economically blocked & hindered in this country from getting ahead as entire communities
- gay people arnt systematically targeted by the police force to be locked up or k!lled
- (do we need to go on?)

I'm not going to pretend like gay people are immune to bad things, because there are still random idiots that pick on and harass them JUST because they are gay, but gay people have PLENTY of luxuries and support groups that black people do not have

STOP comparing the two
 04-30-2013, 05:14 AMaway - #4
CM Punk 51 heat pts51

d 
space
$3,860 | POWERFUL
agree 100 percent, even the last part
 04-30-2013, 05:16 AMaway - #5
MannyAces 7 heat pts

d 
space
$1,156 | 7279725
I agree with how he feels and it was well expressed
 04-30-2013, 05:19 AMaway - #6
Dee Grande 837 heat pts837

d 
space
$17,037 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by slipnslide85
I'm really dissappointed in Chuck and in Kenny: the "struggle" of being gay is NO WHERE close to what black people in America have had to deal with ( and STILL deal with today)

- gay people weren't dragged into this country to work as slaves and to be treated less than human
- gay people arnt disrespected every day in the media, brainwashed and trained to hate themselves
- gay people havnt been economically blocked & hindered in this country from getting ahead as entire communities
- gay people arnt systematically targeted by the police force to be locked up or k!lled
- (do we need to go on?)

I'm not going to pretend like gay people are immune to bad things, because there are still random idiots that pick on and harass them JUST because they are gay, but gay people have PLENTY of luxuries and support groups that black people do not have

STOP comparing the two
inb4pinkdenial
 04-30-2013, 05:23 AMaway - #7
Blkboipurp 

d 
space
$9,324 | POWERFUL

- (do we need to go on?)

STOP comparing the two
 04-30-2013, 05:38 AMaway - #8
Left Hook 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$11,915 | POWERFUL

- (do we need to go on?)

STOP comparing the two
He's not comparing every aspect of the struggle, though, rather that black people were and are discriminated just as gays can be as well in our current world. It's the element of discrimination existing, not to what extent they have been discriminated against. He never compared the gay struggle with the black struggle. He said discrimination exists and we should look to empathise to those being subjected to it.

Hone in on the one point that Chuck makes that empathy should start with black people, because out of everyone in America, they've been subjected to most of the domestic travesties the country has experienced in the past two centuries.
 04-30-2013, 05:39 AMaway - #9
tnice 

d 
space
$99 | 819814
racism and discrimination two different things
 04-30-2013, 05:44 AMaway - #10
servesurite 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$8,277 | POWERFUL

- (do we need to go on?)

STOP comparing the two
you interpreted that wrong, he wasnt comparing the two, basically they said being black and knowing our history we should be the 1st people to be preaching tolerance and acceptance, strictly based on our past and history
 04-30-2013, 05:50 AMaway - #11
Tha Problum 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$14,035 | POWERFUL

- (do we need to go on?)

STOP comparing the two
Clearly you didn't comprehend what they were saying, but someone else already broek it down to you. & Yes, gay people are disrespected in the media and brainwashed to hate themselves and to be "normal". I'm sure there are cases of someone not getting a job because of there open orientation, just like there are cases of someone getting a high profile job despite being a person of color. They aren't systematically targetted by police, but they are by society and ridiculed. & I'm surprised that you said black people don't have support groups, are you a moron? We probably have the most support groups out of any ethnicity in the world, you can go to college for free just by being black. Stop being ignorant, if you're indifferent to the plight against homosecksuality then so be it, but if you're going to be a problem that continues to hold our society back then go back to africa. Everybody deserves equality and peace of mind.
 04-30-2013, 05:57 AMaway - #12
Dee Grande 837 heat pts837

d 
space
$17,037 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Tha Problum
you can go to college for free just by being black. Stop being ignorant

We
 04-30-2013, 06:28 AMaway - #13
Maddog345 3 heat pts

d 
space
$7,300 | 18481971
Great words from Barkley
 04-30-2013, 06:32 AMaway - #14
Tha Problum 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$14,035 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dee Grande

Black is beautiful
 04-30-2013, 06:38 AMaway - #15
Left Hook 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$11,915 | POWERFUL
Black is beautiful
I'm Asian and I accept people of all colour, creeds and religion
 04-30-2013, 06:59 AMaway - #16

d 
space
$3,787 | POWERFUL
Maybe I didn't comment on the majority of what they were saying: I literally agree with all of their points (especially "I didn't care who JC was sleeping with last night and I'm not going to care from
Now on") EXCEPT with acting like black people especially should sympathize with anti-gay-bashing

My own main point is just dont bring being black into this at all. Don't be tolerant just because you are black.. Be tolerant because its the human thing to do

Last edited by slipnslide85; 04-30-2013 at 07:02 AM..
 04-30-2013, 07:06 AMaway - #17
Kingpin 313 47 heat pts47

d 
space
$12,269 | POWERFUL
You can hide being gay you can't hide being black

Edit: after watching the video

Last edited by Kingpin 313; 04-30-2013 at 07:11 AM..
 04-30-2013, 07:17 AMaway - #18

d 
space
$3,787 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by tnice
someone gets it!
 04-30-2013, 07:22 AMaway - #19
Killamike79 4 heat pts

d 
space
$18,686 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by tnice
/thread
 04-30-2013, 07:22 AMaway - #20
lboog1423 172 heat pts172

d 
space
$16,584 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by servesurite
you interpreted that wrong, he wasnt comparing the two, basically they said being black and knowing our history we should be the 1st people to be preaching tolerance and acceptance, strictly based on our past and history
^^^this

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Xbox One surpassed 5 million sold
121 comments
March NPD: PS4 tops hardware, Titanfall tops software.
110 comments
OT What 30 for 30s Do You Want To See Next?
128 comments
 Image(s) inside Rocsi Diaz Blasts August Alsina For Shutting Down ’106...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 115 comments - by Carlton Black
 Video inside Diamond At The Breakfast Club: Gucci Mane Slapped Lil ...
New reply 23 minutes ago - 71 comments - by BreakfastClub
 Image(s) inside Troy Ave Doesn’t Like Nas: Calls Him A Swagerles...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 95 comments - by A.Dot789
 Image(s) inside Chris Brown Mug Shot
New reply 33 minutes ago - 53 comments - by ogballer32
 Image(s) inside Doctors Unable To Re-attach Severed Pen1s Of Wu-tang C...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 NBA Skip Bayless Says Russell Westbrook Is The Only Player...
New reply 34 minutes ago - 53 comments - by SeaJaiye
 Video inside Is This The Most Underrated Chappelle Show Sketch?
New reply 12 minutes ago - 68 comments - by Unattached
 Image(s) inside Family Portrait Gone Wrong
New reply 38 minutes ago - 52 comments - by MGz

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,701 fans of BX and 2 new today 4,653 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.