This is BX @ Boxden.com

Ufc's chael sonnen takes shot at boxer juan manuel marquez over peds

Ufc's chael sonnen takes shot at boxer juan manuel marquez over peds
topic by thehammer - 12-27-2012, 04:01 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

Chael Sonnen appears to be in Boxing Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach's corner on Juan Manuel Marquez's physique.

Sonnen on Wednesday took aim at the WBO light-welterweight champion, who earlier this month knocked out star Manny Pacquiao, saying he "miraculously went through puberty a second time" before the f!ght.

The UFC light-heavyweight contender never directly accused Marquez of taking a performance-enhancing drug, but he cast suspicion on the f!ghter given a "visual test."

"The guy's got a six-pack that he never had before," Sonnen said on Showtime's "Jim Rome: Live." "There are two tests that you have. You've got the pee test, but you've also got the visual test.

"When you take your robe off and you get in the ring, that's the first test. And to act as though all of us didn't go, 'Something's going on, there.'"

As backup, Sonnen, who's skills as a raconteur have won him a commentating job with FUEL TV, cited Roach's comment to USA TODAY Sports in which he said if Marquez was clean, he would "kiss his a$s."

"Did he take something? Sure, he did," Sonnen said. "Did he take something illegal? Well, according to the (drug) test, no."

"The Ultimate f!ghter 17" coach, who's set to face opposing coach and light-heavyweight champ Jon Jones in April, knows quite a bit about that subject. He ran afoul of the California State Athletic Commission in 2010 over his use of prescribed testosterone, for which he was suspended following a failed title bid against Anderson Silva at UFC 117. (He appealed separate punishments for the infraction, claiming he properly disclosed his use.) Prior to a rematch with Silva at UFC 148, he applied for and received a therapeutic-use exemption to use the hormone, which opened him to regular out-of-competition testing.

Marquez, who avenged a pair of losses and a draw to Pacquiao with his brutal sixth-round KO, sternly denied Roach's implication in interviews prior to the Dec. 8 f!ght and said he was open to extra testing. Pacquiao, who once settled out of court with star Floyd Mayweather Jr. over unproven steroid allegations, echoed that willingness but sidestepped accusations. (Both f!ghters passed post-f!ght drug tests the Nevada State Athletic Commission oversaw.)

Angel Hernandez, the strength and conditioning coach who once testified about his role in the BALCO scandal and later took a role as Marquez's strength and conditioning coach for the third Pacquiao bout, suggested his f!ghter's accusers might be scared of a fourth meeting. He said f!ghters working with him were required to undergo random drug testing.

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

13 comments for "Ufc's chael sonnen takes shot at boxer juan manuel marquez over peds"

12-27-2012, 04:18 PMaway - #2
all3rd 297 heat pts297

d 
space
$41,409 | POWERFUL
I will say I never saw Juan Manuel Marquez arms that big ever in a f!ght.
 12-27-2012, 04:22 PMaway - #3
I'm The Dan 5 heat pts

d 
space
$10,227 | POWERFUL
He may have. I don't really care anymore. One single punch k!lled any hope of me getting back into Boxing.

I truly wonder if Floyd wishes that Manny would have won. We all know Manny got screwed against Bradley, but he got knocked out against Marquez. There's no coming back from that and Floyd missed out on a huge payday in a f!ght he probably would have easily won (and I'm a pacroid fan).
 12-27-2012, 08:52 PMonline - #4
dehdeh23 6 heat pts

d 
space
$896 | 5811484
Memo Heredia, Marquez's trainer, said this in an interview a few years ago:

SPIEGEL: Do you have any other secrets?

Heredia: Oh yes, of course. There are tablets for the kidneys that block the metabolites of steroids, so when athletes give a urine sample, they don’t excrete the metabolites and thus test negative. Or there is an enzyme that slowly consumes proteins - epo has protein structures, and the enzyme thus ensures that the B sample of the doping test has a completely different value than the A sample. Then there are chemicals that you take a couple of hours before the race that prevent acidification in the muscles. Together with epo they are an absolute miracle. I’ve created 20 different drugs that are still undetectable for the doping testers.

!! this dude jmm
 12-27-2012, 10:55 PMaway - #5
Ldogg310 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$9,394 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dehdeh23
Memo Heredia, Marquez's trainer, said this in an interview a few years ago:

!! this dude jmm
 12-27-2012, 11:12 PMaway - #6
SoFresh170 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$9,213 | POWERFUL
I'm starting to think both of Pac's f!ghts are rigged for the people who bet on the sport. How could a guy like Pacquiao go through such a downfall ? I'm not saying JMM didn't skillfully knocked him out but maybe he did take some drugs and went undetected. Its whatever though, I'd much prefer UFC>boxing for this very same reason.
 12-27-2012, 11:17 PMaway - #7
Blah 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$18,317 | POWERFUL
go back to the mayweather vs JMM f!ght
he was already building up muscle since then, its not like he grew bigger overnight

niccas hero got put to sleep and now everyone is a cheater
 12-27-2012, 11:19 PMaway - #8
CarlozRossi 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$3,499 | POWERFUL
I dont think it matters anymore .. All anyone is gonna remember is pacman getting KO'd
 12-27-2012, 11:24 PMaway - #9
Black Samurai 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$2,070 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SoFresh170
I'm starting to think both of Pac's f!ghts are rigged for the people who bet on the sport. How could a guy like Pacquiao go through such a downfall ? I'm not saying JMM didn't skillfully knocked him out but maybe he did take some drugs and went undetected. Its whatever though, I'd much prefer UFC>boxing for this very same reason.
There's this thing called aging that happens to everyone...
 12-28-2012, 03:00 AMaway - #10
thugged 9 heat pts

d 
space
$1,256 | 8366544
Says the dude who had elevated testosterone levels and still lost to a f!ghter with busted ribs in the biggest f!ght of his career
 12-28-2012, 07:37 AMonline - #11
killadre 171 heat pts171

d 
space
$10,190 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Blah
go back to the mayweather vs JMM f!ght
he was already building up muscle since then, its not like he grew bigger overnight

niccas hero got put to sleep and now everyone is a cheater

That's truly what all this is about.

12-28-2012, 07:42 AMaway - #12
JohnDoe B1 

d 
space
$5,319 | 12243860
Originally Posted by p00rky

UFC isn't a sport. Its a mixed martial arts organization
Originally Posted by thugged
Says the dude who had elevated testosterone levels and still lost to a f!ghter with busted ribs in the biggest f!ght of his career
 12-28-2012, 01:49 PMonline - #13
dehdeh23 6 heat pts

d 
space
$896 | 5811484
Originally Posted by Ldogg310
Marquez trainer is not only a trainer, admitted steroid dealer. he's a chemist that can actually make his own tailored PED for athletes willing to pay. Crazy !!.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Actual Iggy Azalea
112 comments
Image inside  Thick Vietnamese chick named Kandy...
60 comments
Image inside  Dave Chappelle Reveals Shockingly Buff New Look
66 comments
  Worst Movie Endings
New reply 2 minutes ago - 89 comments - by tre0624
 NBA Nba-who Is The Most Overrated All Time Great?
New reply 24 minutes ago - 253 comments - by JordanWest86
 Video inside Dr. Dre Or Pharrell??
New reply 4 minutes ago - 93 comments - by AngOmusic93
 Image(s) inside This Girls Dad Came Out Of Nowhere (gif)
New reply 30 minutes ago - 59 comments - by Aleandroid
 Video inside Rita Ora At The Breakfast Club: Jayz, Rihanna Clone, R...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 106 comments - by BreakfastClub
  If They Rebooted "white Men Can't Jump"
New reply 33 minutes ago - 73 comments - by -ThE~DoN~LoN-
 Video inside Video Of Bleached Up Dancehall Dj Vybz Kartel’s Allege...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 51 comments - by ajeana
 NBA Tim Donaghy: Nba Has Told Refs To Give Nets Calls Over...
New reply 33 minutes ago - 70 comments - by ogballer32

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,710 fans of BX | none new today 4,649 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.