This is BX @ Boxden.com


UFC 148 f!ghter Purse/Win Payouts...


 UFC 148 f!ghter Purse/Win Payouts...
topic by FukWitDreDay - 07-10-2012, 04:23 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter


http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/81...e-win-pay-275k

The Nevada State Athletic Commission on Monday revealed the purse and win bonus for f!ghters who competed Saturday night at UFC 148 in Las Vegas.

Former light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin topped the list with $275,000 ($125,000 purse, $150,000 win).



The man Griffin defeated by unanimous decision, Tito Ortiz, walked away with a purse of $250,000. It was Ortiz's final professional f!ght. He was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame on Saturday afternoon hours before his bout.

Griffin and Ortiz were each handed an additional $75,000 from UFC for "f!ght of the Night" honors.

Middleweight champion Anderson Silva received a purse of $200,000 for his second-round TKO of Chael Sonnen. Silva did not receive a win bonus but picked up an additional $75,000 for "Knockout of the Night."

However, sources told ESPN.com that Silva is expected to earn several million dollars from UFC after pay-per-view and other event-related revenues have been tallied.

Sonnen earned $50,000 for his effort.

Former Strikeforce middleweight champion Cung Le pocketed a $150,000 purse for his unanimous decision over Patrick Cote, who earned $21,000. Le did not get a win bonus.

Demian Maia, in his welterweight debut, got $96,000 ($48,000 purse, $48,000 win) after registering a first-round TKO of Dong Hyun Kim ($44,000).

Featherweight contender Chad Mendes received a $36,000 check ($18,000 purse, $18,000 win) for his first-round TKO of Cody McKenzie ($10,000).

Fast-rising bantamweight Mike Easton went home with $20,000 ($10,000 purse, $10,000 win) after improving to 3-0 inside the Octagon -- defeating Ivan Menjivar ($13,000) by unanimous decision.

Lightweight Melvin Guillard was the highest-paid undercard f!ghter, receiving $72,000 ($36,000 purse, $36,000 win) for his unanimous decision over Fabricio Camoes ($8,000).



Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

44 comments for "UFC 148 f!ghter Purse/Win Payouts..."


 07-10-2012, 04:40 PMaway - #2
IceMan 28 heat pts28

  d 
space
$3,377 | 20873950
Originally Posted by FukWitDreDay
Sonnen earned $50,000 for his effort.
wow!! How you main event a f!ght and make less than everybody else?
 07-10-2012, 04:42 PMaway - #3
PotheadFocker 92 heat pts92

  d 
space
$19,397 | POWERFUL
Salaries seem legit if you can put 4 of these good performances together a year you can get by.... add in sponsorships and whatever else you can hustle in life, property etc...

If you can win a championship you get into the real money.

Might be the lowest paid sport, but its also the newest
 07-10-2012, 04:46 PMaway - #4
Dee352 163 heat pts163

  d 
space
$9,440 | POWERFUL
$50,000


 07-10-2012, 04:50 PMaway - #5
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28

  d 
space
$12,718 | POWERFUL
here we go...
 07-10-2012, 05:00 PMaway - #6
DesertEagle 41 heat pts41

  d 
space
$7,159 | POWERFUL
Dana White laughing all the way to the bank...
 07-10-2012, 05:04 PMaway - #7
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$25,197 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by FukWitDreDay
The Nevada State Athletic Commission on Monday revealed the purse and win bonus for f!ghters who competed Saturday night at UFC 148 in Las Vegas.

Former light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin topped the list with $275,000 ($125,000 purse, $150,000 win).



The man Griffin defeated by unanimous decision, Tito Ortiz, walked away with a purse of $250,000. It was Ortiz's final professional f!ght. He was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame on Saturday afternoon hours before his bout.

Griffin and Ortiz were each handed an additional $75,000 from UFC for "f!ght of the Night" honors.

Middleweight champion Anderson Silva received a purse of $200,000 for his second-round TKO of Chael Sonnen. Silva did not receive a win bonus but picked up an additional $75,000 for "Knockout of the Night."

However, sources told ESPN.com that Silva is expected to earn several million dollars from UFC after pay-per-view and other event-related revenues have been tallied.

Sonnen earned $50,000 for his effort.

Former Strikeforce middleweight champion Cung Le pocketed a $150,000 purse for his unanimous decision over Patrick Cote, who earned $21,000. Le did not get a win bonus.

Demian Maia, in his welterweight debut, got $96,000 ($48,000 purse, $48,000 win) after registering a first-round TKO of Dong Hyun Kim ($44,000).

Featherweight contender Chad Mendes received a $36,000 check ($18,000 purse, $18,000 win) for his first-round TKO of Cody McKenzie ($10,000).

Fast-rising bantamweight Mike Easton went home with $20,000 ($10,000 purse, $10,000 win) after improving to 3-0 inside the Octagon -- defeating Ivan Menjivar ($13,000) by unanimous decision.

Lightweight Melvin Guillard was the highest-paid undercard f!ghter, receiving $72,000 ($36,000 purse, $36,000 win) for his unanimous decision over Fabricio Camoes ($8,000).

Forrest Griffin with the 3rd-highest base pay on the pay-per-view?

Anderson Silva not even having the highest base pay?

Chael Sonnen only getting a base pay of $50k?
 07-10-2012, 05:20 PMaway - #8
PotheadFocker 92 heat pts92

  d 
space
$19,397 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DesertEagle
Dana White laughing all the way to the bank...
You don't know how much of the money is invested back into the company to try and grow the brand gtfo
 07-10-2012, 05:30 PMaway - #9
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39

  d 
space
$6,626 | POWERFUL
Silva along with Sonnen get a piece of the PPV thats why the base is low for their standards. Why do you think Sonnen went on his #### brazil campaign for nearly 2 years? $$$

Nobody knows the exact amount these two made but it is a lot of money.
 07-10-2012, 05:44 PMaway - #10
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$25,197 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by AnyGiven
Silva along with Sonnen get a piece of the PPV thats why the base is low for their standards. Why do you think Sonnen went on his #### brazil campaign for nearly 2 years? $$$

Nobody knows the exact amount these two made but it is a lot of money.
That ain't no reason for their base pay to be low fool. Especially $50k low.
 07-10-2012, 05:48 PMaway - #11
billieskeet 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$13,024 | 16339381
Originally Posted by Y.G.
That ain't no reason for their base pay to be low fool. Especially $50k low.
stop thinking in pennies and start thinking in dollars. who really gives a #### what the base pay is if I get a ppv cut. that's where the money is. not base pay.
 07-10-2012, 06:10 PMaway - #12
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39

  d 
space
$6,626 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
That ain't no reason for their base pay to be low fool. Especially $50k low.
Please no you can't be this stupid. It's not possible.
 07-10-2012, 06:14 PMaway - #13
jwindigo2k4 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$3,837 | POWERFUL
dude walks in and f!ghts wearing burger king thofree whoppers

maybe we will see him move up to light heavyweight soon lol
 07-10-2012, 06:24 PMaway - #14
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39

  d 
space
$6,626 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jwindigo2k4
dude walks in and f!ghts wearing burger king thofree whoppers

maybe we will see him move up to light heavyweight soon lol
And Nike..... At the same damn time
 07-10-2012, 06:28 PMaway - #15
ReggieA 187 heat pts187

  d 
space
$32,302 | POWERFUL
$50K for the main event despite he lost? #### Floyd makes $200K just to walk to the damn ring
 07-10-2012, 06:37 PMaway - #16
white-chocolate 108 heat pts108

  d 
space
$9,620 | POWERFUL
#### all that training and hard work for a 50k.. di$gusting

 07-10-2012, 06:49 PMaway - #17
jwindigo2k4 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$3,837 | POWERFUL
this thread is full of blind hate
 07-10-2012, 06:53 PMaway - #18
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$25,197 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by billieskeet
stop thinking in pennies and start thinking in dollars. who really gives a #### what the base pay is if I get a ppv cut. that's where the money is. not base pay.
Now you're thinking in pennies fool. This ni##as could easily get the same pay per view cut and a bigger base pay. Instead, they settle for $50k in the biggest MMA pay per view of the year.
 07-10-2012, 06:58 PMaway - #19
jwindigo2k4 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$3,837 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by p00rky
Silva got paid $300k just to have Burger King on his shorts lol

i wonder if he got paid more for using the leg with the bk logo to win the f!ght

 07-10-2012, 07:25 PMaway - #20
PotheadFocker 92 heat pts92

  d 
space
$19,397 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
Now you're thinking in pennies fool. This ni##as could easily get the same pay per view cut and a bigger base pay. Instead, they settle for $50k in the biggest MMA pay per view of the year.
ESPN reported 7 million for Silva, this is just what he got off the UFC base pay not even including PPV cuts. You are the biggest ####-stirrer out here, #### am I doing even replying to you at this point
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Whats the BX "Player" verdict for Destiny?
66 comments
Article inside  Destiny is Bungie’s Worst Reviewed Game Ever
76 comments
NFL SHOTS FIRED: Chargers Keenan Allen on Richard Sherman "H..
73 comments
 Video inside The Official Destiny Thread
New reply 16 minutes ago - 677 comments - by BX HD
 NBA Charles Barkley On Adrian Peterson: 'every Black Paren...
New reply 52 minutes ago - 175 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Article inside Rick Ross Announces "hood Billionaire" Album...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 107 comments - by Steve
 audio inside Rick Ross - Elvis Presley Blvd (feat Project Pat) (fir...
New reply 1 hour ago - 64 comments - by Steve
 Video inside In Honor Of Bobby Shmurda: 10 Hip Hop Classics With No...
New reply 36 minutes ago - 98 comments - by Scan
 NFL The Official Chicago Bears @ San Francisco 49ers Game ...
New reply 2 hours ago - 1101 comments - by biscuit
 Image(s) inside Mother And Daughter Come Out As A Lesbian Couple...
New reply 43 minutes ago - 62 comments - by Andrefrbk
 Image(s) inside 50 Cent Disses Tony Yayo Over Instagram Post About Flo...
New reply 2 hours ago - 126 comments - by PyrexVisionary

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.