This is BX @ Boxden.com

The Sacramento Kings p#ss off Fans With Recent Trade.

The Sacramento Kings p#ss off Fans With Recent Trade.
topic by illmatic826 - 02-21-2013, 08:00 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

The current Sacramento Kings owners have proven time and time again that they do not care about the squad’s fans, the community that surrounds the team, and the product on the court. The Sacramento Kings owners are sniveling, conniving front-runners that do not understand the game of basketball, much less the ideals that help buttress attempts at tact, poise and reason. Also, they just traded a rookie lottery pick in order to save a few hundred thousand bucks as their final miserable season as Kings owners nears its end.

Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski was the first to report on Wednesday that the Kings have shipped rookie Thomas Robinson – the fifth overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft – to the Houston Rockets as part of a three-team deal. The Rockets will send center Cole Aldrich, impressive power forward Patrick Patterson, and Toney Douglas to Sacramento for Robinson, Francisco Garcia, and Tyler Honeycutt. The Rockets also sent Marcus Morris to Phoenix in the transaction for a second round pick.

In terms of pure production, Patterson has far outplayed Robinson this season. Patrick is a terrible rebounder but sound scorer whose range at times extends beyond the three-point line. He wields a polished face-up game, and at age 23 the Kentucky product will only get better.
This isn’t why the Kings made the move, though. Don’t give the team that much credit.

Sacramento is now in the business of fretting over minimally-priced rookie contracts. Robinson is set to make over $3.5 million next year, with team options that go for over $3.6 and $4.6 million in the years after 2013-14. Honeycutt and Garcia are set to make over $9.2 million next season on team options, but these were options the Kings (and, presumably, the Rockets) could decline. This was all about the Kings sending out over $10 million in salary and receiving just over $6.5 million back.

Of course, the season is nearly two-thirds over, and those full-year salaries are nearly two-thirds paid. The savings aren’t even that significant. The Kings just dealt Thomas Robinson to save 27 games worth of salary on a player that they selected eight months ago as a top five pick. These are the Sacramento Kings owners. They frost their tips, they fail at business, and they dislike Sacramento Kings fans.

They’re also attempting to sell the team to owners that will immediately relocate the franchise. They know what they’re doing, and they don’t care. They also probably don’t use turn signals, and I bet they call appetizers “apps.”
Again, in terms of pure 2012-13 production, this deal is a step back for the Houston Rockets. Patterson is a smooth scorer and Robinson has yet to distinguish himself in his rookie year. Garcia is a sound minutes sopper that has to be guarded on the perimeter, but with Chandler Parsons’ excellent play this season Garcia’s role might be limited.

Y! SPORTS

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

31 comments for "The Sacramento Kings p#ss off Fans With Recent Trade."

02-21-2013, 09:15 PMaway - #2
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$16,795 | POWERFUL
if they stay i'm outraged....

if they move i don't give a ####
 02-21-2013, 09:16 PMaway - #3
SeattleWon 616 heat pts616

d 
space
$49,254 | POWERFUL
 02-21-2013, 09:17 PMaway - #4
Tha Problum 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$18,211 | POWERFUL
Probably did it to spite seattle when the team leaves
 02-21-2013, 09:18 PMaway - #5
sigNN 9 heat pts

d 
space
$3,957 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Tha Problum
exactly what i was thinking
 02-21-2013, 09:19 PMaway - #6
Cheeze 490 heat pts490

d 
space
$30,833 | POWERFUL
They’re also attempting to sell the team to owners that will immediately relocate the franchise. They know what they’re doing, and they don’t care. They also probably don’t use turn signals, and I bet they call appetizers “apps.”
 02-21-2013, 09:42 PMonline - #7
Clyde 450 heat pts450

d 
space
$17,314 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by LAZARO
exactly what i was thinking
Should have trade Demarcus and Tyreke
 02-21-2013, 09:45 PMaway - #8
aMa 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,113 | 4028610
 02-21-2013, 10:33 PMaway - #9
dtf12 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$2,815 | POWERFUL
Haha. Keep the kings on sac town!!!
 02-21-2013, 10:40 PMonline - #10
theFREAK 854 heat pts854

d 
space
$27,867 | POWERFUL
 02-22-2013, 06:25 PMaway - #11
bezzle 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$583 | 7927696
Hilarious reactions on the Kings forum
 02-22-2013, 06:28 PMaway - #12
Tecnique 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$10,483 | POWERFUL
This is exactly what happened with the Hornets before they moved.

City declined building a new stadium
Shinn traded the best players on the team
Jordan tried to get involved in the Franchise but Shinn wouldn't let him
Fans stopped supporting the team(went from 1st to 11th in attendance for the season)
Team moves to N.O

I feel bad for Kings fans, #### sucks to lose your team
 02-22-2013, 07:13 PMaway - #13
MiseryCityTexas 7 heat pts

d 
space
$13,469 | POWERFUL
yep and you know the rockets can't stand seattle nor utah.
 02-22-2013, 07:16 PMaway - #14
O Nasty 86 heat pts86

d 
space
$18,427 | POWERFUL
at least t rob won

Sacramento been a graveyard for some years now
 02-22-2013, 07:19 PMaway - #15
Tha Problum 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$18,211 | POWERFUL
damn I was working ni##as with t rob on 2k just now with lin on that pick n roll
 02-22-2013, 11:47 PMaway - #16
NoMenace 70 heat pts70

d 
space
$5,755 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Tecnique
This is exactly what happened with the Hornets before they moved.

City declined building a new stadium
Shinn traded the best players on the team
Jordan tried to get involved in the Franchise but Shinn wouldn't let him
Fans stopped supporting the team(went from 1st to 11th in attendance for the season)
Team moves to N.O

I feel bad for Kings fans, #### sucks to lose your team
Shinn was a bum, The Coliseum was only about 14 years old at that time and he wanted a brand new arena
And were still feeling the effects of the Hornets leaving
Maybe the Bobcats can become the Hornets again next season since NO are changing to the Pelicans

Last edited by NoMenace; 02-22-2013 at 11:58 PM..
 02-22-2013, 11:59 PMaway - #17
Rubix 

d 
space
$8,064 | POWERFUL
the seattle ownership group were the ones that signed off on the deal.

i think they did it to save some money and to pocket the cash considerations before selling off the team. its a significant chunk of change for the maloofs to pocket.
 02-23-2013, 06:40 AMaway - #18
rkelley6045 1 heat pts

d 
space
$414 | 1047595
Originally Posted by bezzle
Hilarious reactions on the Kings forum
Comedic gold!

Entity: "Aldrich has the potential to be a blob of crap sitting on his couch once his rookie contract has expired"

Last edited by rkelley6045; 02-23-2013 at 06:42 AM..
 02-23-2013, 06:40 AMaway - #19
Franchise08 66 heat pts66

d 
space
$3,611 | POWERFUL
HAHA! Any true bball fan, and any fan of the Kings that actually watch games knows this trade is a good trade for NOW....depending on TRobs upside..which will be VERY limited. Dude has 0 offense, is way too small for a 4 and has no offense or enough speed for a swing 3..he's a tweener. Maybe he will develop but right now, and probably with the next 2-3 seasons Pat Pat is the better player, in almost every aspect, especially offense. T-Rob could easily be a bust, his game is not trailored for the NBA scouts were saying that from Kansas before the draft. Shoulda went with Lillard obviously the team was very interested in him. #### should have went with Drummond, or Barnes, or anyone else really..

Overall I have no problems with the trade we got good pieces and got rid of Cisco and Honeycutt....offcourse it's another MaGoof money saving trade but overall can't be too upset at all...

Good luck to T-Rob and esp Cisco in Houston, hope Cisco makes the playoffs with them..
 02-23-2013, 06:43 AMaway - #20
rkelley6045 1 heat pts

d 
space
$414 | 1047595
Originally Posted by Franchise08
HAHA! Any true bball fan, and any fan of the Kings that actually watch games knows this trade is a good trade for NOW....depending on TRobs upside..which will be VERY limited. Dude has 0 offense, is way too small for a 4 and has no offense or enough speed for a swing 3..he's a tweener. Maybe he will develop but right now, and probably with the next 2-3 seasons Pat Pat is the better player, in almost every aspect, especially offense. T-Rob could easily be a bust, his game is not trailored for the NBA scouts were saying that from Kansas before the draft. Shoulda went with Lillard obviously the team was very interested in him. #### should have went with Drummond, or Barnes, or anyone else really..

Overall I have no problems with the trade we got good pieces and got rid of Cisco and Honeycutt....offcourse it's another MaGoof money saving trade but overall can't be too upset at all...

Good luck to T-Rob and esp Cisco in Houston, hope Cisco makes the playoffs with them..
Why all the PG's? I don't watch the Kings much but that roster is stacked with them..

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Sunset Overdrive Embargo Lifted early review
74 comments
TDE Is Doing Jay Rock Dirty Yo...
132 comments
Video inside  Rick Ross "The Truth is more Sinister" appreciation th..
76 comments
 Image(s) inside Jaime Fox's Hairline Has A Taper Implant
New reply 2 minutes ago - 158 comments - by foshomoney
 Image(s) inside Wealthy Woman Ask "must I Give Out Halloween Cand...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 NCAAF Week 9 Cfb Thread(top 25 Only)
New reply 2 minutes ago - 66 comments - by JBoogie
 Image(s) inside Troy Ave's Goon Id'd As Ilovemakonnen's Attacker On Tw...
New reply 23 minutes ago - 206 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 NBA Espn First Take: Nash Or Iverson: Who's The Better Pla...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 217 comments - by JNumbaNC
  Oct 24 - Teacher Ashley Zehnder Faces Sex Charge After...
New reply 25 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Frasier
  Gucci Mane Stories
New reply 13 minutes ago - 101 comments - by pojo18
 Image(s) inside Alfie From Old Nick Show "my Brother & Me&quo...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 104 comments - by KleanKutt100

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following and 3 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.