The OFFICIAL Boxden Sports Betting Discussion

The OFFICIAL Boxden Sports Betting Discussion
 09-20-2011, 06:44 PMaway - #101
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,464 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Section80
Hmm...when I 1st saw the odds on that ND/Pitt, I immediately thought about Notre Dame beating them in a shootout. But just off basic research, I may have to lean toward Pitt (Not placing but in general). They commit fewer turnovers and they average even MORE yrds through the air than ND, and we all see how Michigan's D. Rob did their secondary. Plus, the last 7 times at home, Pitt has covered the spread all but ONCE...I don't know if I'll place on that game but I definitely will need to some more extensive looking into it before I made a decision. That's a close call.

And nah, I wouldn't never pay for those pro cappers. I look at some of their free picks from the previous weeks just to get a good handle on their percentage and half the time, most of em be horrible. They probably don't even do half the research that some of us on here do. Plus, it's too many resources on this World Wide Web to not be able to get a good handle on things yourself. And that's even increased when you got a thread like this. Though I do like to hear others opinions just to make sure I'm looking at every game from various angles.

PARLAY (6 TEAMS)
[304] BYU -2˝-115
[322] MIAMI FLORIDA -12˝-110
[341] LSU -6-105
[344] MICHIGAN -10-105
[349] NOTRE DAME -6˝-110
[383] USC +2˝-105

Could you point out the weaknesses? I've est@blished the doubt about the ND pick.
 09-20-2011, 06:45 PMaway - #102
NJallD 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$3,128 | POWERFUL
risking:$65.00 to win:$416.32
3 Team Parlay
395 San Francisco 49ers +1˝ +105* vs Cincinnati Bengals
397 New England Patriots -9˝ +100* vs Buffalo Bills
413 New York Jets -3˝ +100* vs Oakland Raiders
 09-20-2011, 06:47 PMaway - #103
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,464 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NJallD
risking:$65.00 to win:$416.32
3 Team Parlay
395 San Francisco 49ers +1˝ +105* vs Cincinnati Bengals
397 New England Patriots -9˝ +100* vs Buffalo Bills
413 New York Jets -3˝ +100* vs Oakland Raiders
Everybody online thinks the 49ers will win, most of the people I speak to offline are leaning Bengals. What gives?
 09-20-2011, 06:50 PMaway - #104
NJallD 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$3,128 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by thatruest
Everybody online thinks the 49ers will win, most of the people I speak to offline are leaning Bengals. What gives?
I just think the niners have too much talent to lose to a team with as little talent as the bengals. imo 9ers should be 2-0, they have the number 1 rush D in the league..not sure just a gut feeling
 09-20-2011, 07:06 PMaway - #105
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,464 | POWERFUL
I'm confident in this. How does this look to you?

Sep 25
NFL [397] NE PATRIOTS -9EV
NFL [410] CAR PANTHERS -3˝-110
NFL [412] SD CHARGERS -14˝-110
NFL [419] ARI CARDINALS -3˝-105
NFL [422] TOTAL u45˝-110 (GB PACKERS vrs CHI BEARS )
Risking 8 USD To Win 209 USD
 09-20-2011, 07:09 PMaway - #106
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,464 | POWERFUL
Hmm...when I 1st saw the odds on that ND/Pitt, I immediately thought about Notre Dame beating them in a shootout. But just off basic research, I may have to lean toward Pitt (Not placing but in general). They commit fewer turnovers and they average even MORE yrds through the air than ND, and we all see how Michigan's D. Rob did their secondary. Plus, the last 7 times at home, Pitt has covered the spread all but ONCE...I don't know if I'll place on that game but I definitely will need to some more extensive looking into it before I made a decision. That's a close call.

And nah, I wouldn't never pay for those pro cappers. I look at some of their free picks from the previous weeks just to get a good handle on their percentage and half the time, most of em be horrible. They probably don't even do half the research that some of us on here do. Plus, it's too many resources on this World Wide Web to not be able to get a good handle on things yourself. And that's even increased when you got a thread like this. Though I do like to hear others opinions just to make sure I'm looking at every game from various angles.
NCAA Good Bets: LSU, Michigan, & USC.

Does anybody have any more?
 09-20-2011, 07:14 PMaway - #107
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,464 | POWERFUL
NFL Good Bets:
Patriots, -9 &/or Over
Ravens, -4.5
Jets, -3.5 *Want to hear why everyone's CONVINCED about the Jets*
Panthers, -3.5
Packers/Bears - Under
Cardinals, -3.5
Chargers, -14.5
Steelers, -10.5 (Some are unsure)

Haven't heard enough about 49ers @Bengals. Dolphins @Browns.
Does that sound about right?
 09-20-2011, 07:20 PMaway - #108
TraV 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$17,727 | POWERFUL
PARLAY (6 TEAMS)
[304] BYU -2˝-115
[322] MIAMI FLORIDA -12˝-110
[341] LSU -6-105
[344] MICHIGAN -10-105
[349] NOTRE DAME -6˝-110
[383] USC +2˝-105

Could you point out the weaknesses? I've est@blished the doubt about the ND pick.

Well me personally, I'm a defensive dude. I feel like if you can stop the opposing teams bread & butter and keep it simple on your side then you have a high chance of winning. It's why I love going with LSU b/c they have some of the most PROFESSIONAL defense I've seen. So I have nothing to say about that pick.

I like the USC pick. I think they will be too much for Ari State.

I'll be surprised if Robinson & Michigan don't close out San Diego. Just don't know if it will be 10 or more.

I already told you about ND. On the flipside for that though, Pitt ain't got too much of a defense themselves so ND can easily cover that given the circumstances. Like I said, that one is close.

I bet on UTAH last week vs BYU b/c they don't score a lot (13.0 per game) and they don't have the DEF to keep themselves in games like that. On the other hand, Central Florida scores A LOT and doesn't allow over 100 yrds rushing OR passing. The impressive for anybody. And they beat Boston out of the ACC confere4nce. Plus, in the last 6 games as an underdog, UCF has covered each time. I just can't get with BYU right now.

I can't call that Miami right now.

Remember though, this is just MY PERSONAL insight. These are just some of the things I look at it when making picks. Maybe somebody else feel different.
 09-20-2011, 07:22 PMaway - #109
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,464 | POWERFUL
Well me personally, I'm a defensive dude. I feel like if you can stop the opposing teams bread & butter and keep it simple on your side then you have a high chance of winning. It's why I love going with LSU b/c they have some of the most PROFESSIONAL defense I've seen. So I have nothing to say about that pick.

I like the USC pick. I think they will be too much for Ari State.

I'll be surprised if Robinson & Michigan don't close out San Diego. Just don't know if it will be 10 or more.

I already told you about ND. On the flipside for that though, Pitt ain't got too much of a defense themselves so ND can easily cover that given the circumstances. Like I said, that one is close.

I bet on UTAH last week vs BYU b/c they don't score a lot (13.0 per game) and they don't have the DEF to keep themselves in games like that. On the other hand, Central Florida scores A LOT and doesn't allow over 100 yrds rushing OR passing. The impressive for anybody. And they beat Boston out of the ACC confere4nce. Plus, in the last 6 games as an underdog, UCF has covered each time. I just can't get with BYU right now.

I can't call that Miami right now.

Remember though, this is just MY PERSONAL insight. These are just some of the things I look at it when making picks. Maybe somebody else feel different.
Good ####. I'll do a secondary worth $8 & drop BYU & Miami (being that if they do win, I'd have them covered in this one). I'll look into the Michigan game though.
 09-20-2011, 07:25 PMaway - #110
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,464 | POWERFUL
We should start rating the group of tiers. So the 3-4 games in which you're MOST confident in are in Tier 1 & etc. It would serve as a confidence rating, or so to speak. Keep bringing in your ideas. One day we'll be on the same page & this thread will be on some serious ####. Great stuff so far.
 09-20-2011, 07:26 PMaway - #111
TraV 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$17,727 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NJallD
I just think the niners have too much talent to lose to a team with as little talent as the bengals. imo 9ers should be 2-0, they have the number 1 rush D in the league..not sure just a gut feeling

I think that 49ers as underdog gonna be a sleeper pick this week. Might have to roll with it myself. From what I've seen, everybody likes the Bengals though. But I don't think they pull it off.
 09-20-2011, 09:09 PMaway - #112
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,464 | POWERFUL
I think that 49ers as underdog gonna be a sleeper pick this week. Might have to roll with it myself. From what I've seen, everybody likes the Bengals though. But I don't think they pull it off.
Cincy's rush defense vs. Gore
SF's rush defense vs. Benson

Is that how you're looking at it? That's how I am.
 09-20-2011, 09:32 PMaway - #113
TraV 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$17,727 | POWERFUL
Cincy's rush defense vs. Gore
SF's rush defense vs. Benson

Is that how you're looking at it? That's how I am.

That's exactly how I'm looking at it.
 09-20-2011, 09:38 PMaway - #114
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,464 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Perplexity
Yep, the only game I bet on that legitimately concerns me is the packers/bears. On paper the Pack should shred them but that's why they play the games, Bears seem to always rise to the occasion when the Packers are involved. I treated that game like that Steelers game and didn't put much down on it.

I made 9 damn bets already, very unlike me but I had to do it. Week 4 is lookin as far as match ups go, really only a couple stand out games for week 4. Of course the Lions are gonna shred the cowboys a$s most likely but idk if I can bring myself to bet against my boys...

Betting the Under might be a good idea in that Packers vs. Bears game.
 09-20-2011, 09:39 PMaway - #115
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,464 | POWERFUL
That's exactly how I'm looking at it.
I feel pretty good about the knowledge most of you have on the game of football. I had my doubts going into this thread. But this is getting pretty dope.

I'm feeling that I'm on my low risk, big reward parlay. Putting $8 dollars into. This is a rough draft:

Jets, -3.5
Panthers, -3.5
Chargers, -14.5
Lions, -3.5
49ers, +2.5
Patriots, -9
Cardinals, -3.5
GB/CHI -Under
Falcons, +1.5 (still thinking about this, need help)
Ravens, -4.5

Last edited by thatruest; 09-20-2011 at 09:47 PM..
 09-20-2011, 09:59 PMaway - #116
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,464 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Spiffy
New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills

This game is going to be a shoot out, jump on the over while you can, I got big $$ on that
Hell yeah. Which ones the better over/under: Pats @Bills. (over), Packers @Bears (under)

Last edited by thatruest; 09-20-2011 at 10:36 PM..
 09-20-2011, 10:02 PMaway - #117
Cowboys All Day 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$8,426 | POWERFUL
Found this on a different forum I check out for betting... pretty interesting find here, tell me what you think :

this system has a winning record in all weeks 1 to 17 in last 20 years.

what it means is that if you break it down by weeks, it has a winning record over 20 years in weeks 1, 2, 3, ...

not that it wins every week for 20 years (340 weeks would be too much)

now i will try to capp the system by choosing a play or two every week.

this week the plays should be oakland +4, cards +3.5 and rams +6...

but i will only go with oakland +4 and arizona +3.5

those are the official plays...rams are not a play...there are some system reasons to avoid the rams.

almost forgot to say what the system is lol...its simple...

fade favorites of more than 3 pts if they have a divisional game with line pk or dog the following week. its safe to a$sume that buffalo, washington (and giants) will be underdogs next week.

overall record if we faded these faves since 1990: 307-173 ATS
^ As we can see, ram's didn't beat the spread but the poster also said they are not official... I'll be keeping an eye on this throughout the weeks.
 09-20-2011, 10:18 PMaway - #118
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,464 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Perplexity
Found this on a different forum I check out for betting... pretty interesting find here, tell me what you think :

^ As we can see, ram's didn't beat the spread but the poster also said they are not official... I'll be keeping an eye on this throughout the weeks.
I'm too high for this ####. That blew my mind.
 09-20-2011, 10:22 PMaway - #119
Cowboys All Day 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$8,426 | POWERFUL
I'm too high for this ####. That blew my mind.
I know I was like

but if that record is for real then it's still just 56% overall, nothin to bet the house on.
 09-20-2011, 10:26 PMaway - #120
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,464 | POWERFUL
NFL [395] SF 49ERS +2˝EV
NFL [397] NE PATRIOTS -9EV
NFL [407] DET LIONS -3˝EV
NFL [410] CAR PANTHERS -3˝-110
NFL [412] SD CHARGERS -14˝-110
NFL [413] NY JETS -3˝EV
NFL [419] ARI CARDINALS -3˝-105
NFL [422] TOTAL u45˝-110 (GB PACKERS vrs CHI BEARS )

Risking 8 USD To Win 800 USD
Ticket#: 40364561

Another $8. What do y'all think?

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Microsoft Investigating Xbox Owners for Fraudulently Refunding ..
72 comments
NBA Carmelo Anthony busts a nut in Lebron's eye (video)
83 comments
NFL Dallas Cowboys fans are losing their minds
50 comments
 Image(s) inside Hov. Migos. Rowdy Rebel
New reply 16 seconds ago - 52 comments - by chrismb
 Image(s) inside Nas Gettin Sucked Off By Madonna In The Studio (pic)
New reply 6 minutes ago - 111 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 Video inside Throwback: Iggy Azalea Refuses To Freestyle On Sway In...
New reply 51 seconds ago - 131 comments - by The Bully
 audio inside Nas - The Season (full Version)
New reply 8 minutes ago - 106 comments - by MANNYSOSA
 Image(s) inside Oct 28 - Life Under Obama Sucks. And These Numbers Pro...
New reply 1 minute ago - 92 comments - by KFrizzle
 NFL Week 9- Tnf- New Orleans Saints Vs. Carolina Panthers
New reply 11 minutes ago - 461 comments - by Frasier
 Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj's Boyfriend Responds To Drake & Wayne ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 76 comments - by Frankybaby
 Video inside Before Dej Loaf Would Get Your Whole "fombily&quo...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 138 comments - by lilbeast

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,832 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.