b o x d e n     |     hiphop     sports     wild'ish     games     movies     news     eyecandy     tech     gear     rides  
trending now     hot topics today     all sections     videos     pics     tracks     headlines  

The OFFICIAL Boxden Sports Betting Discussion

The OFFICIAL Boxden Sports Betting Discussion
 09-20-2011, 03:50 PMaway - #81
Spiffy 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$20,022 | POWERFUL
Chi - GB first QT under is a good bet
 09-20-2011, 03:55 PMonline - #82
TraV 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$17,930 | POWERFUL
The under for Chi/GB is a better pick than try to figure who will cover.
 09-20-2011, 03:57 PMaway - #83
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,497 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Section80
The under for Chi/GB is a better pick than try to figure who will cover.
Very good point. Good looks.
 09-20-2011, 04:02 PMaway - #84
Cowboys All Day 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$8,426 | POWERFUL
Am I the only one who saw bears vs saints...

I dont think Chicago is about that life this season
 09-20-2011, 04:03 PMaway - #85
super vILLain 4 heat pts

d 
space
$3,596 | 12143055
am I the only one tempted by that NO - HOU game? Idk if I would include it in a big a$s parlay but I think it could very well come down to 3 points.

to the people who do the online betting thing, what do yall use to make your deposits? I'm thinking about switching to a VISA prepaid instead of my personal debit.
 09-20-2011, 04:04 PMaway - #86
TriniSoldier 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$40,696 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by super vILLain
am I the only one tempted by that NO - HOU game? Idk if I would include it in a big a$s parlay but I think it could very well come down to 3 points.

to the people who do the online betting thing, what do yall use to make your deposits? I'm thinking about switching to a VISA prepaid instead of my personal debit.
i put on the saints for my big parlay. its a snowballs chance but #### it
 09-20-2011, 04:06 PMonline - #87
TraV 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$17,930 | POWERFUL
The last time a Packers/Bears game went 40 or over was back in 2008. And it still didn't cover the over/under.

Never know though wiith this seemingly new "league" that got people putting up outrageous passing yards and Arena Football points. And another similar series (Baltimore/Pittsburgh) that ususally is a smashmout low scoring game was out of control in the 1st week.
 09-20-2011, 04:07 PMonline - #88
TraV 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$17,930 | POWERFUL

I just use my debit but I'm thinking about switching to a prepaid VISA just for precautions. I really don't like having anything linked to my bank account out "there" like that. I haven't had any problems though.
 09-20-2011, 04:11 PMonline - #89
TraV 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$17,930 | POWERFUL

I really like the Texans defense this year and thier offense can score with the best of them (though not at will like some teams).

I don't know if I like them over the Saints though. The saints basically went up against what was suppose be 2 of the best defenses (Packers, Bears) and shredded them through the air. And I like the Texans run defense more than I like their secondary's (not that it's bad). I think its almost like with the Patriots where you can't stop them from scoring with all them WR they spread out, then interchanging 3-4 backs. It's crazy. You gotta wonder if Houston can keep up.
 09-20-2011, 04:15 PMaway - #90

d 
space
$8,426 | POWERFUL

I just use personal debit
 09-20-2011, 06:35 PMaway - #91

d 
space
$8,426 | POWERFUL
How do you guys feel about paying for handicapper services? Personally I think it's a big a$s waste of money, however I've been listening to Bobby Esposito on the radio the last few Sundays for kicks, this dude has went something like 9-2 on his FREE NFL picks he does every week... not gonna lie, he has made me some good bread. He said he loved the falcons to beat the spread vs the eagles... I was like at the time... but after that game I was like ....lol

So how do you guys feel about it? Personally I think if we just participate in a thread like this and collectively a$sess the games and ####, we can help eachother out a lot more than some "pro" handicapper, but Bobby going 9-2 on his FREE ####s got me like

I'll continue to listen to him on sundays, but pay for his "private pro service"? Naaaah, don't think so.
 09-20-2011, 06:48 PMaway - #92
Spiffy 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$20,022 | POWERFUL
^Jim Feist is on point most of the time, he is the only one I can think of
 09-20-2011, 07:15 PMaway - #93
NJallD 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$3,140 | POWERFUL
Am I the only one who thinks the ravens over the rams is an easy pick next week? The rams looked shaky against a depleted giants team and I think the ravens are gonna come out strong especially after last weeks disappointing performance. Regardless, I'm not touching this game until last minute and see whether or not stephen jackson is playing
 09-20-2011, 07:20 PMaway - #94
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,497 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Perplexity
How do you guys feel about paying for handicapper services? Personally I think it's a big a$s waste of money, however I've been listening to Bobby Esposito on the radio the last few Sundays for kicks, this dude has went something like 9-2 on his FREE NFL picks he does every week... not gonna lie, he has made me some good bread. He said he loved the falcons to beat the spread vs the eagles... I was like at the time... but after that game I was like ....lol

So how do you guys feel about it? Personally I think if we just participate in a thread like this and collectively a$sess the games and ####, we can help eachother out a lot more than some "pro" handicapper, but Bobby going 9-2 on his FREE ####s got me like

I'll continue to listen to him on sundays, but pay for his "private pro service"? Naaaah, don't think so.
So we wouldn't know as to what he has to say about the games until Sunday morning? I'm pretty good at the Pick 'Em, haven't gone below 73% for an entire season in all of my six years staying with it. Once again, I learned everything about betting just last week. We'll all help each other in this thread. This is why it was created. Anything to help others.
 09-20-2011, 07:23 PMaway - #95
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,497 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NJallD
Am I the only one who thinks the ravens over the rams is an easy pick next week? The rams looked shaky against a depleted giants team and I think the ravens are gonna come out strong especially after last weeks disappointing performance. Regardless, I'm not touching this game until last minute and see whether or not stephen jackson is playing
Not the only one. They're actually one of my locks. Don't know why I keep talking myself out of the Jets this week.
 09-20-2011, 07:25 PMaway - #96
NJallD 41 heat pts41

d 
space
$3,140 | POWERFUL
Also i am really tempted by to take pitt +7.5

Notre Dame hasn't beaten a Big East team in what feels like forever and to be honest I think Notre Dame beat an overrated MSU team last week.

The game is at pittsburgh, who only has one loss on the season and it was a close game on the road against Iowa.

This game is gonna be close and i think pitt might even pull the upset..
 09-20-2011, 07:26 PMaway - #97

d 
space
$8,426 | POWERFUL
Even with S.Jax that's a pretty good pick but I'm with you on waiting to see whether or not he's getting action. Vegas will know way before either of us lol, so expect the odds to change during the week most likely.

Originally Posted by thatruest
So we wouldn't know as to what he has to say about the games until Sunday morning? I'm pretty good at the Pick 'Em, haven't gone below 73% for an entire season in all of my six years staying with it. Once again, I learned everything about betting just last week. We'll all help each other in this thread. This is why it was created. Anything to help others.
I think sundays on radio are the only times he's given his free picks. I called one of his toll free numbers for the monday night parlay "guarantee" lol, he "guaranteed" giants -7 + under 44 total score. Well I had the game under 44.5 already so I came out a winner regardless, but now he's supposedly going to give me 2 weeks of free picks since he pushed on the under. So if I get an email or a call with those picks I will let everyone on this thread know what he says and we can go through his picks and see what we think.

Just a little info, most of these "pro" handicappers never gamble. That should tell you enough right there, the best usually go 60-65%. They don't bet because they aren't 100% confident in themselves. Honestly I think the only thing that separates a "pro" handicapper and any one of us is just a SMALL bit of research, but even then sports are so random that anything can happen on any day.
 09-20-2011, 07:29 PMaway - #98
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,497 | POWERFUL
Risking 25 to Win 669
PARLAY (5 TEAMS)
[410] CAR PANTHERS -3˝-105
[413] NY JETS -3˝EV
[417] ATL FALCONS +1˝-110
[419] ARI CARDINALS -3˝-105
[423] PIT STEELERS -10.5-110

Risking 8 to Win 397
PARLAY (6 TEAMS)
[304] BYU -2˝-115
[322] MIAMI FLORIDA -12˝-110
[341] LSU -6-105
[344] MICHIGAN -10-105
[349] NOTRE DAME -6˝-110
[383] USC +2˝-105

Are my bets so far. But my next two look like this:

Panthers
Patriots (spread & OVER)
Jets
Chargers
Ravens

Patriots
Panthers
Ravens
Cardinals

Trying to cover my a$s. What do you guys think?
 09-20-2011, 07:31 PMaway - #99
thatruest 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,497 | POWERFUL
Also i am really tempted by to take pitt +7.5

Notre Dame hasn't beaten a Big East team in what feels like forever and to be honest I think Notre Dame beat an overrated MSU team last week.

The game is at pittsburgh, who only has one loss on the season and it was a close game on the road against Iowa.

This game is gonna be close and i think pitt might even pull the upset..

I've got ND, -6.5
 09-20-2011, 07:42 PMonline - #100
TraV 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$17,930 | POWERFUL
Hmm...when I 1st saw the odds on that ND/Pitt, I immediately thought about Notre Dame beating them in a shootout. But just off basic research, I may have to lean toward Pitt (Not placing but in general). They commit fewer turnovers and they average even MORE yrds through the air than ND, and we all see how Michigan's D. Rob did their secondary. Plus, the last 7 times at home, Pitt has covered the spread all but ONCE...I don't know if I'll place on that game but I definitely will need to some more extensive looking into it before I made a decision. That's a close call.

And nah, I wouldn't never pay for those pro cappers. I look at some of their free picks from the previous weeks just to get a good handle on their percentage and half the time, most of em be horrible. They probably don't even do half the research that some of us on here do. Plus, it's too many resources on this World Wide Web to not be able to get a good handle on things yourself. And that's even increased when you got a thread like this. Though I do like to hear others opinions just to make sure I'm looking at every game from various angles.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Best Buy Black Friday online started, Gamestops too
74 comments
NFL Ray Rice Has Won His Appeal
50 comments
NCAAF CFB Week 14 Thread #RivalryWeekAndPlayoffs
79 comments
 Image(s) inside Bizzy Bone Posts Pic Of "notorious Thugs" St...
New reply 47 seconds ago - 52 comments - by The Bully
 Video inside Star Wars: Episode Vii - The Force Awakens (official T...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 80 comments - by Grimm
 Image(s) inside Tyler The Creator Disses Eminem/shadyxv
New reply 59 seconds ago - 57 comments - by mdemaz
 Image(s) inside Congrats To Young Thug And His New Fiancé @yeahlano!
New reply 16 minutes ago - 76 comments - by keejee
 NBA Melo Feeling Regretful : "chicago Was The Perfect...
New reply 1 minute ago - 56 comments - by theFREAK
  Q-tip Announces Lil Wayne Has Joined The Zulu Nation
New reply 21 minutes ago - 77 comments - by Danny M
 Video inside Nov 27 - New Video Footage Of Darrien Hunt, 22 Yr Old ...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 64 comments - by Ham Rove
 Video inside Nov 26 - Cleveland Police Officer Shot Tamir Rice Imme...
New reply 31 minutes ago - 130 comments - by CrunchTime CDN

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,865 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,815 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.