This is BX @ Boxden.com

Stephen Jackson not exactly complimentary of Bucks organization

Stephen Jackson not exactly complimentary of Bucks organization
33 topic by T.O.N.Y. - 01-02-2013, 02:21 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

Saying that Stephen Jackson didn’t enjoy his brief time in Milwaukee a season ago would be an understatement.

He appeared in just 26 games, before a falling out with Bucks head coach Scott Skiles had him riding the bench and not traveling with the team while a trade to send him out of town was being actively pursued.

With his San Antonio Spurs rolling into town on Wednesday, Jackson was asked to revisit the reasons for his discontent.

From Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio Express-News:

“I just wanted to be around a positive organization that’s used to winning and plays the game the right way,” Jackson says now. “Milwaukee, they’re not used to winning. I just wasn’t going to go for it at the end of my career.”

“It just wasn’t a good situation for me,” said Jackson, who still keeps in touch with former Bucks teammates Drew Gooden and Brandon Jennings. “I didn’t want to be a part of no rebuilding team.”

The old guy in me says that Jackson, then in his 12th NBA season, should have handled this more professionally, and could have used the opportunity to mentor some of the younger players and help create the winning attitude and atmosphere he claimed was missing.

Then again, you can’t fault the guy for being honest in wanting to play for a winner at this late stage of his career — even if the way he went about leaving might not have been the most amicable for both parties.

Stephen Jackson not exactly complimentary of Bucks organization | ProBasketballTalk

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

19 comments for "Stephen Jackson not exactly complimentary of Bucks organization"

01-02-2013, 02:42 PMonline - #2
Vincent Vega 

d 
space
$5,231 | POWERFUL
captain jack the goon
 01-02-2013, 03:01 PMaway - #3
Based_One 62 heat pts62

d 
space
$6,999 | POWERFUL
Please we didnt want you anyway thanks for helping us get Monta tho
 01-02-2013, 03:16 PMaway - #4
Dray 457 heat pts457

d 
space
$30,481 | POWERFUL
the coach hated him for no reason @ all

I think he believes jackson/the black players on buck are his slaves or something

Amazing how he was riding the bench with this idiot of a coach and then comes to the spurs and he gets put right back into his groove for a strong end of the season with highlights being the only player on the spurs who could guard durant very well in the playoffs
 01-02-2013, 03:42 PMaway - #5
That Guy Fly 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$44,576 | POWERFUL
He ain't lying. Bucks organization these days is some ####. But the bigger joke is the head coach they have. He must have pics or some info on Kohl or somebody.
 01-02-2013, 05:48 PMaway - #6
JRHernandez88 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,237 | 8637071
My boy just spitting that real ####
 01-02-2013, 05:51 PMaway - #7
jj01 

d 
space
$36,649 | POWERFUL
what a ####ty franchise

bums didnt deserve him anyway.
 01-02-2013, 11:39 PMaway - #8
sho 2010 59 heat pts59

d 
space
$16,781 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Based_One
Please we didnt want you anyway thanks for helping us get Monta tho
bucks fan here
 01-02-2013, 11:59 PMaway - #9
ginobili 20|m 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$10,056 | POWERFUL
what vet wants to play on a team going nowhere? Why does he deserve a cookie? S jack had issues with EVERY team he played on outside of the spurs though He thought he got low balled by the spurs after the 03 season, despite getting bounced around and playing overseas before.. lots of kids don't even know about that #### #### was kind of sad, cause him and manu were so close and had a special bond... I'll post the vid in a second... S jack tended to over value himself though tbh

I said it before, I wouldn't want him on my team, being the 1st or 2nd best player.... He failed to set a good example for young bucks constantly... no pun intended...

spurs fans remember this ####

Last edited by ginobili 20; 01-03-2013 at 01:19 AM..
 01-03-2013, 01:15 AMaway - #10
royman04 5 heat pts

d 
space
$5,765 | 11864320
I know jack is at the end of his career and u want to use a losing season to develop your younger players, but they shoulda played jack more he didn't deserve to ride pine
 01-03-2013, 01:27 AMaway - #11
Dray 457 heat pts457

d 
space
$30,481 | POWERFUL
if you can't respect stephen jackson I can't respect you

this is coming from a man who jordan offered a Jordan shoe contract to but he said Nah chill Mike let me earn that first and guess what..he got the bobcats far that year (compared to now dam..) and Mike gave him that contract right after $$$
 01-03-2013, 01:28 AMaway - #12
ginobili 20|m 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$10,056 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by royman04
I know jack is at the end of his career and u want to use a losing season to develop your younger players, but they shoulda played jack more he didn't deserve to ride pine
jack refused to be captain of the warriors also.....let alone his issue in 3 other cities, besides the bucks... dude gives his heart to the spurs.... great for him, spurs could of used him more in the roger mason/ finley days lol.....he hit some clutch shots against okc in the playoffs.. but cat isn't that valuable anymore tbh... he can't put the ball on the floor anymore and can't play d like he used 2..... I love his desire and tough guy act kinda... but he isn't much of a grab for the spurs... they were a few years late picking him up.... what spurs fans think he is gonna get real burn over leonard?..... if he does, shows pop either favoring the vet, or not having confidence in the young buck.....#### if your gonna play small ball at least have him guarding durant that #### didn't happen a lot for whatever reason before...

Last edited by ginobili 20; 01-03-2013 at 01:30 AM..
 01-03-2013, 01:57 AMaway - #13
ColeWorld 23 heat pts23

d 
space
$7,996 | POWERFUL
I was at the game and bucks fans were booing Jackson everytime he had the ball or shot free throws

Coach Pop>>>>>>

Seeing him in person really showed me how great he is and how passionate he is about the game after 4 titles
 01-03-2013, 02:16 AMaway - #14
Dray 457 heat pts457

d 
space
$30,481 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ginobili 20
jack refused to be captain of the warriors also.....let alone his issue in 3 other cities, besides the bucks... dude gives his heart to the spurs.... great for him, spurs could of used him more in the roger mason/ finley days lol.....he hit some clutch shots against okc in the playoffs.. but cat isn't that valuable anymore tbh... he can't put the ball on the floor anymore and can't play d like he used 2..... I love his desire and tough guy act kinda... but he isn't much of a grab for the spurs... they were a few years late picking him up.... what spurs fans think he is gonna get real burn over leonard?..... if he does, shows pop either favoring the vet, or not having confidence in the young buck.....#### if your gonna play small ball at least have him guarding durant that #### didn't happen a lot for whatever reason before...
Dam get off his di#k you made 3-4 posts hating on him

so he could play 1v1 D on one of the best players in KD in a series but can't play D now?
 01-03-2013, 08:13 AMaway - #15
ChickBoss414 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$1,304 | POWERFUL
-- As much as I thought Stephen Jackson would've helped bring some "toughness" to the Bucks all he did was try to prove he was still some goon-ass affiliated street ni##a that was supposedly still in touch with his "ghettoness" and had money to blow and throw around cause he was some so-called "boss".

When he first got to this city, his first priority was to find the best weed and a recording studio-- and the reason I know is because he reached out to a close friend of mine. He was more focused on building his name as a (wack) rapper than trying to do anything the Bucks could have asked for him to do in honoring his contract as a basketball player.

Nobody remembers the game against New York where he got ejected (while with the Bucks). That game was during a road trip the same weekend he was trying to host a party in Milwaukee with Jim Jones and Fabolous (among other notable entertainers). For us in the know, he purposefully got ejected from that game. That was one of the last things that put it all over the top for Skiles and management. He did indeed host/attend the party.

All those so-called "back problems" and DNP's/Coach Decision were because the dude didn't want to be here and management was trying to get this jackass out of town. I am not a big Bucks fan, but the organization was given a cubic zirconia instead of an unpolished diamond. For those that know, he was ####ing and complaining about coming here and the main reason it did take place is because Skiles was his a$sistant coach during his rookie time in Phoenix (amongst the notion that at that time there weren't many suitors that were going to take him and his near team-cancerous attitude.)

There are many other stories about this dude that could be told about his time here in this city, but unfortunately it will just sound like he is a bigger jackass than most people know...or that the person telling the stories are haters. All I can say is that I became less of a fan of this dude as a professional basketball player for how he faked out and quit on the Bucks organization because he felt the world, the league, or life owed him something more than he already received .

Last edited by ChickBoss414; 01-03-2013 at 08:19 AM..
 01-03-2013, 01:59 PMaway - #16
2DaySports 

d 
space
$158 | 22975
Bucks know nothing about winning. They did a good job back in the days putting together a team with Sam Cassell, Glenn Robinson, Tim Thomas and Ray Ray on the same team. They haven't done #### since
 01-03-2013, 02:56 PMaway - #17
Capimp 

d 
space
$973 | 3697522
If i recall correctly even before Jackson went back to the Spurs Tim Duncan said that Jackson was the best teammate he ever had. Im a W's fan and he obviously fell out with the organization cuz Baron didnt get resigned and Jackson felt W's management didnt make any good moves in the offseason which he was correct. I have nothing but respect for him cuz he was great for the Warriors for 2 in a half seasons (was traded midseason to the Warriors)

Last edited by Capimp; 01-03-2013 at 02:59 PM..
 01-03-2013, 03:04 PMaway - #18
Piccolo 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,885 | 8792752
Originally Posted by ginobili 20
what vet wants to play on a team going nowhere? Why does he deserve a cookie? S jack had issues with EVERY team he played on outside of the spurs though He thought he got low balled by the spurs after the 03 season, despite getting bounced around and playing overseas before.. lots of kids don't even know about that #### #### was kind of sad, cause him and manu were so close and had a special bond... I'll post the vid in a second... S jack tended to over value himself though tbh

I said it before, I wouldn't want him on my team, being the 1st or 2nd best player.... He failed to set a good example for young bucks constantly... no pun intended...

spurs fans remember this ####

So what issues were in Indianna? Every vet had an issue with how GSW wouldnt spend money after that run they had in 07/08. You got an agenda against every player in this league it seems. Like i've told you many times they meda will twist words, they will portray players as bad guys. use your head.
 01-03-2013, 03:05 PMaway - #19
Piccolo 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,885 | 8792752
Originally Posted by Capimp
If i recall correctly even before Jackson went back to the Spurs Tim Duncan said that Jackson was the best teammate he ever had. Im a W's fan and he obviously fell out with the organization cuz Baron didnt get resigned and Jackson felt W's management didnt make any good moves in the offseason which he was correct. I have nothing but respect for him cuz he was great for the Warriors for 2 in a half seasons (was traded midseason to the Warriors)
mannn dont tell that to ginobli over here. Kid got an issue with man african american players.
 01-03-2013, 03:12 PMaway - #20
KING JAYY 290 heat pts290

d 
space
$29,379 | POWERFUL
We in LA but you can die in a New York Minute

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Kobe ethers stat protecting betas
55 comments
BOX Floyd mayweather sr: "the mayweater-pacquiao fight is..
61 comments
NFL Suspended WR Josh Gordon considering playing the rest of..
53 comments
 NCAAF Ole Miss Vs Bosie State And Texas A&m Vs. Sc State.
New reply 23 seconds ago - 167 comments - by JBoogie
 Image(s) inside Aug 27 - North Korea Says Ferguson Response Made U.s. ...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 101 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Beyonce's Father Confirms Solange-jay Z Lift Attack Wa...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 68 comments - by Sniggit
 Image(s) inside Aug 26 - Isis Developing 'sophisticated Drones To Laun...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 60 comments - by Sniggit
 NCAAF Breaking : Usc Db Shaw Admitted To Lying About Ankle I...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 80 comments - by drama_kiNg
 Image(s) inside Chiwire Season 7?: Opps Shot At Bosstop 16 Times
New reply 8 minutes ago - 54 comments - by NoLastName
 Image(s) inside Aug 27 - Single Men Step Forward! Beautiful Brazilian ...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 70 comments - by Sniggit
 NFL Nfl Giving Lifetime Ban For 2nd Domestic Violence Offe...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 89 comments - by prettyklever

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.