b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Stephen Jackson not exactly complimentary of Bucks organization


People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter
  
    
          join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Stephen Jackson not exactly complimentary of Bucks organization
33 topic by T.O.N.Y. - 01-02-2013, 03:21 PM


Saying that Stephen Jackson didn’t enjoy his brief time in Milwaukee a season ago would be an understatement.

He appeared in just 26 games, before a falling out with Bucks head coach Scott Skiles had him riding the bench and not traveling with the team while a trade to send him out of town was being actively pursued.

With his San Antonio Spurs rolling into town on Wednesday, Jackson was asked to revisit the reasons for his discontent.

From Jeff McDonald of the San Antonio Express-News:

“I just wanted to be around a positive organization that’s used to winning and plays the game the right way,” Jackson says now. “Milwaukee, they’re not used to winning. I just wasn’t going to go for it at the end of my career.”

“It just wasn’t a good situation for me,” said Jackson, who still keeps in touch with former Bucks teammates Drew Gooden and Brandon Jennings. “I didn’t want to be a part of no rebuilding team.”

The old guy in me says that Jackson, then in his 12th NBA season, should have handled this more professionally, and could have used the opportunity to mentor some of the younger players and help create the winning attitude and atmosphere he claimed was missing.

Then again, you can’t fault the guy for being honest in wanting to play for a winner at this late stage of his career — even if the way he went about leaving might not have been the most amicable for both parties.


Stephen Jackson not exactly complimentary of Bucks organization | ProBasketballTalk


19 comments for "Stephen Jackson not exactly complimentary of Bucks organization"


 01-02-2013, 03:42 PMaway - #2
Vincent Vega 

  d 
space
$5,502 | POWERFUL
captain jack the goon
 01-02-2013, 04:01 PMaway - #3
Based_One 62 heat pts62

  d 
space
$7,320 | POWERFUL
Please we didnt want you anyway thanks for helping us get Monta tho
 01-02-2013, 04:16 PMaway - #4
Dray 631 heat pts631

  d 
space
$36,034 | POWERFUL
the coach hated him for no reason @ all

I think he believes jackson/the black players on buck are his slaves or something

Amazing how he was riding the bench with this idiot of a coach and then comes to the spurs and he gets put right back into his groove for a strong end of the season with highlights being the only player on the spurs who could guard durant very well in the playoffs
 01-02-2013, 04:42 PMaway - #5
That Guy Fly 17 heat pts17

  d 
space
$47,571 | POWERFUL
He ain't lying. Bucks organization these days is some ####. But the bigger joke is the head coach they have. He must have pics or some info on Kohl or somebody.
 01-02-2013, 06:48 PMaway - #6
JRHernandez88 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$3,312 | 11558116
My boy just spitting that real ####
 01-02-2013, 06:51 PMaway - #7
jj01 

  d 
space
$38,634 | POWERFUL
what a ####ty franchise

bums didnt deserve him anyway.
 01-03-2013, 12:39 AMaway - #8
sho 2010 75 heat pts75

  d 
space
$20,232 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Based_One
Please we didnt want you anyway thanks for helping us get Monta tho
bucks fan here
 01-03-2013, 12:59 AMaway - #9
ginobili 20|m 26 heat pts26

  d 
space
$10,255 | POWERFUL
what vet wants to play on a team going nowhere? Why does he deserve a cookie? S jack had issues with EVERY team he played on outside of the spurs though He thought he got low balled by the spurs after the 03 season, despite getting bounced around and playing overseas before.. lots of kids don't even know about that #### #### was kind of sad, cause him and manu were so close and had a special bond... I'll post the vid in a second... S jack tended to over value himself though tbh

I said it before, I wouldn't want him on my team, being the 1st or 2nd best player.... He failed to set a good example for young bucks constantly... no pun intended...






spurs fans remember this ####

Last edited by ginobili 20; 01-03-2013 at 02:19 AM..
 01-03-2013, 02:15 AMonline - #10
royman04 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$5,982 | 11932818
I know jack is at the end of his career and u want to use a losing season to develop your younger players, but they shoulda played jack more he didn't deserve to ride pine
 01-03-2013, 02:27 AMaway - #11
Dray 631 heat pts631

  d 
space
$36,034 | POWERFUL
if you can't respect stephen jackson I can't respect you

this is coming from a man who jordan offered a Jordan shoe contract to but he said Nah chill Mike let me earn that first and guess what..he got the bobcats far that year (compared to now dam..) and Mike gave him that contract right after $$$
 01-03-2013, 02:28 AMaway - #12
ginobili 20|m 26 heat pts26

  d 
space
$10,255 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by royman04
I know jack is at the end of his career and u want to use a losing season to develop your younger players, but they shoulda played jack more he didn't deserve to ride pine
jack refused to be captain of the warriors also.....let alone his issue in 3 other cities, besides the bucks... dude gives his heart to the spurs.... great for him, spurs could of used him more in the roger mason/ finley days lol.....he hit some clutch shots against okc in the playoffs.. but cat isn't that valuable anymore tbh... he can't put the ball on the floor anymore and can't play d like he used 2..... I love his desire and tough guy act kinda... but he isn't much of a grab for the spurs... they were a few years late picking him up.... what spurs fans think he is gonna get real burn over leonard?..... if he does, shows pop either favoring the vet, or not having confidence in the young buck.....#### if your gonna play small ball at least have him guarding durant that #### didn't happen a lot for whatever reason before...

Last edited by ginobili 20; 01-03-2013 at 02:30 AM..
 01-03-2013, 02:57 AMaway - #13
ColeWorld 29 heat pts29

  d 
space
$8,766 | POWERFUL
I was at the game and bucks fans were booing Jackson everytime he had the ball or shot free throws

Coach Pop>>>>>>

Seeing him in person really showed me how great he is and how passionate he is about the game after 4 titles
 01-03-2013, 03:16 AMaway - #14
Dray 631 heat pts631

  d 
space
$36,034 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ginobili 20
jack refused to be captain of the warriors also.....let alone his issue in 3 other cities, besides the bucks... dude gives his heart to the spurs.... great for him, spurs could of used him more in the roger mason/ finley days lol.....he hit some clutch shots against okc in the playoffs.. but cat isn't that valuable anymore tbh... he can't put the ball on the floor anymore and can't play d like he used 2..... I love his desire and tough guy act kinda... but he isn't much of a grab for the spurs... they were a few years late picking him up.... what spurs fans think he is gonna get real burn over leonard?..... if he does, shows pop either favoring the vet, or not having confidence in the young buck.....#### if your gonna play small ball at least have him guarding durant that #### didn't happen a lot for whatever reason before...
Dam get off his di#k you made 3-4 posts hating on him

so he could play 1v1 D on one of the best players in KD in a series but can't play D now?
 01-03-2013, 09:13 AMaway - #15
ChickBoss414 18 heat pts18

  d 
space
$1,357 | POWERFUL
-- As much as I thought Stephen Jackson would've helped bring some "toughness" to the Bucks all he did was try to prove he was still some goon-ass affiliated street ni##a that was supposedly still in touch with his "ghettoness" and had money to blow and throw around cause he was some so-called "boss".

When he first got to this city, his first priority was to find the best weed and a recording studio-- and the reason I know is because he reached out to a close friend of mine. He was more focused on building his name as a (wack) rapper than trying to do anything the Bucks could have asked for him to do in honoring his contract as a basketball player.

Nobody remembers the game against New York where he got ejected (while with the Bucks). That game was during a road trip the same weekend he was trying to host a party in Milwaukee with Jim Jones and Fabolous (among other notable entertainers). For us in the know, he purposefully got ejected from that game. That was one of the last things that put it all over the top for Skiles and management. He did indeed host/attend the party.

All those so-called "back problems" and DNP's/Coach Decision were because the dude didn't want to be here and management was trying to get this jackass out of town. I am not a big Bucks fan, but the organization was given a cubic zirconia instead of an unpolished diamond. For those that know, he was ####ing and complaining about coming here and the main reason it did take place is because Skiles was his a$sistant coach during his rookie time in Phoenix (amongst the notion that at that time there weren't many suitors that were going to take him and his near team-cancerous attitude.)

There are many other stories about this dude that could be told about his time here in this city, but unfortunately it will just sound like he is a bigger jackass than most people know...or that the person telling the stories are haters. All I can say is that I became less of a fan of this dude as a professional basketball player for how he faked out and quit on the Bucks organization because he felt the world, the league, or life owed him something more than he already received .

Last edited by ChickBoss414; 01-03-2013 at 09:19 AM..
 01-03-2013, 02:59 PMaway - #16
2DaySports 

  d 
space
$158 | 22975
Bucks know nothing about winning. They did a good job back in the days putting together a team with Sam Cassell, Glenn Robinson, Tim Thomas and Ray Ray on the same team. They haven't done #### since
 01-03-2013, 03:56 PMaway - #17
Capimp 

  d 
space
$1,233 | 4325069
If i recall correctly even before Jackson went back to the Spurs Tim Duncan said that Jackson was the best teammate he ever had. Im a W's fan and he obviously fell out with the organization cuz Baron didnt get resigned and Jackson felt W's management didnt make any good moves in the offseason which he was correct. I have nothing but respect for him cuz he was great for the Warriors for 2 in a half seasons (was traded midseason to the Warriors)

Last edited by Capimp; 01-03-2013 at 03:59 PM..
 01-03-2013, 04:04 PMaway - #18
Piccolo 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,947 | 8846422
Originally Posted by ginobili 20
what vet wants to play on a team going nowhere? Why does he deserve a cookie? S jack had issues with EVERY team he played on outside of the spurs though He thought he got low balled by the spurs after the 03 season, despite getting bounced around and playing overseas before.. lots of kids don't even know about that #### #### was kind of sad, cause him and manu were so close and had a special bond... I'll post the vid in a second... S jack tended to over value himself though tbh

I said it before, I wouldn't want him on my team, being the 1st or 2nd best player.... He failed to set a good example for young bucks constantly... no pun intended...




spurs fans remember this ####

So what issues were in Indianna? Every vet had an issue with how GSW wouldnt spend money after that run they had in 07/08. You got an agenda against every player in this league it seems. Like i've told you many times they meda will twist words, they will portray players as bad guys. use your head.
 01-03-2013, 04:05 PMaway - #19
Piccolo 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,947 | 8846422
Originally Posted by Capimp
If i recall correctly even before Jackson went back to the Spurs Tim Duncan said that Jackson was the best teammate he ever had. Im a W's fan and he obviously fell out with the organization cuz Baron didnt get resigned and Jackson felt W's management didnt make any good moves in the offseason which he was correct. I have nothing but respect for him cuz he was great for the Warriors for 2 in a half seasons (was traded midseason to the Warriors)
mannn dont tell that to ginobli over here. Kid got an issue with man african american players.
 01-03-2013, 04:12 PMaway - #20
KING JAYY 312 heat pts312

  d 
space
$32,429 | POWERFUL
We in LA but you can die in a New York Minute
 

 



Video inside  Dec 21 - Police officer shot & killed in Florida
109 comments
Dec 21 - Police dispatch audio of two nypd officer shot
64 comments
What's Quentin Tarantino's best film in your opinion
103 comments
 Article inside Bobby Shmurda Facing A Total Of 71 Years In Prison
New reply 54 seconds ago - 189 comments - by sdot216
 Image(s) inside Godfather Fif Reacts To News Of 2 Police Officers Bein...
New reply 2 hours ago - 138 comments - by Carlton Black
 NFL Espn Has To Do Something.
New reply 5 minutes ago - 89 comments - by The Boat
 Image(s) inside Meek Mill On Bobby Shmurda Situation. (might Be Too Mu...
New reply 2 hours ago - 68 comments - by FreeBigga
 Image(s) inside "i Guess Ya'll Can't Breathe Either"-the Gam...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 297 comments - by Bkjj11
 Image(s) inside Q-tip Throwin Knowledge Darts At Iggy On Twitter
New reply 2 hours ago - 150 comments - by ralph lauren
 Image(s) inside Azealia Banks Ethers Action Bronson
New reply 1 hour ago - 213 comments - by Frankybaby
 Image(s) inside Get Ready Fellas! Our Prayers Being Answered? Nicki Mi...
New reply 2 hours ago - 150 comments - by 187Proof

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX | none new today 4,850 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.