Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Starting Lineups for Lakers 2013-2014 Season

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
178 viewing
 NFL Redskins GMs Wife Tweets ESPN Reporter Used Oral Sex to Get Scoops
83 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
110 viewing
 Lloyd Banks / Tony Yayo Stories
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
100 viewing
Video inside 80k dislikes in 48hrs
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
73 viewing
Image inside Lets not get on the new school too much when Busta was lookin like this
131 comments
@hiphop
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Starting Lineups for Lakers 2013-2014 Season
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #1
3559 pageviews
39 comments

T.O.N.Y. 3424 heat pts3424 space
100% Brooklyn
space
$61,785 | POWERFUL
With key departures in starters Dwight Howard and Metta World Peace, the Lakers starting line up is a mystery. We know 3 positions will be locked, the point guard in Steve Nash, Shooting guard Kobe Bryant and either Center/Power Forward Pau Gasol. The two positions up for grabs will be the small forward and power forward positions. In Coach Mike D’Antoni system, you sometimes just don’t know what to expect. Will D’Antoni run and gun or will we see a slower pace offense like towards the end of the year when Kobe got hurt. Until then, we can play around with different scenarios for starting line ups and take a couple shots at who we think might start. Lets take a look at the two highlighted positions on the Lakers roster, the power forward and small forward.

Power Forward:

Jordan Hill and Chris Kaman will be the lead candidates for the starting power forward/center job. We know what Jordan brings, toughness, great rebounding and defense. This summer Hill asked Coach D’Antoni how he can improve his game and has reportedly been working on his 15-18 foot jump shot. Kaman on the other hand is veteran thats been in the league for a while. Chris too can pick and pop and play down low. I personally would love to see Jordan start and Kaman off the bench because that would give us a solid center off the bench. Pau Gasol is an extremely gifted player and many fans forgot how talented he is in the post with both hands. Critiques will say he’s soft and can never bang down low, thats a false statement. Gasol wont give us breathe taking dunks but he’ll get the job done. If Pau Gasol can go back to his 09-10 season, in which he was dropping close to 19 points and grabbing 11 rebound, he will be feared again.

Small Forward:

The small forward position for the Lakers is very tricky. We’ve had many good players in the past like Trevor Ariza, Metta World Peace, Rick Fox and “Big Game” James Worthy. If the Lakers went up against Carmelo, Lebron, Kevin Durant we knew we had that stopper on defense, that would be able to somewhat slow them down and take the load off Kobe and company defensively. This position should have more of a scoring punch with Wesley Johnson and Nick Young, but there are definite questions on the defensive end. Wesley is long and can shoot the 3 ball, and should fit well in D’Antoni’s system. Nick Young can score in bunches from almost anywhere on the floor and he loves attacking the rim. I personally think who ever stands out defensively from the two will be grab the most playing time.

Projected Starting Line up:

Point Guard: Steve Nash will control the rock at the point guard, he’s getting old but his shooting off Kobe double teams and intelligence at the position is rare and what the Lakers need. Nash needs to be more aggressive this upcoming season, more scoring than facilitating.

With key departures in starters Dwight Howard and Metta World Peace, the Lakers starting line up is a mystery. We know 3 positions will be locked, the point guard in Steve Nash, Shooting guard Kobe Bryant and either Center/Power Forward Pau Gasol. The two positions up for grabs will be the small forward and power forward positions. In Coach Mike D’Antoni system, you sometimes just don’t know what to expect. Will D’Antoni run and gun or will we see a slower pace offense like towards the end of the year when Kobe got hurt. Until then, we can play around with different scenarios for starting line ups and take a couple shots at who we think might start. Lets take a look at the two highlighted positions on the Lakers roster, the power forward and small forward.

Power Forward:

Jordan Hill and Chris Kaman will be the lead candidates for the starting power forward/center job. We know what Jordan brings, toughness, great rebounding and defense. This summer Hill asked Coach D’Antoni how he can improve his game and has reportedly been working on his 15-18 foot jump shot. Kaman on the other hand is veteran thats been in the league for a while. Chris too can pick and pop and play down low. I personally would love to see Jordan start and Kaman off the bench because that would give us a solid center off the bench. Pau Gasol is an extremely gifted player and many fans forgot how talented he is in the post with both hands. Critiques will say he’s soft and can never bang down low, thats a false statement. Gasol wont give us breathe taking dunks but he’ll get the job done. If Pau Gasol can go back to his 09-10 season, in which he was dropping close to 19 points and grabbing 11 rebound, he will be feared again.

Small Forward:

The small forward position for the Lakers is very tricky. We’ve had many good players in the past like Trevor Ariza, Metta World Peace, Rick Fox and “Big Game” James Worthy. If the Lakers went up against Carmelo, Lebron, Kevin Durant we knew we had that stopper on defense, that would be able to somewhat slow them down and take the load off Kobe and company defensively. This position should have more of a scoring punch with Wesley Johnson and Nick Young, but there are definite questions on the defensive end. Wesley is long and can shoot the 3 ball, and should fit well in D’Antoni’s system. Nick Young can score in bunches from almost anywhere on the floor and he loves attacking the rim. I personally think who ever stands out defensively from the two will be grab the most playing time.

Projected Starting Line up:

Point Guard: Steve Nash will control the rock at the point guard, he’s getting old but his shooting off Kobe double teams and intelligence at the position is rare and what the Lakers need. Nash needs to be more aggressive this upcoming season, more scoring than facilitating.

Shooting Guard: If Kobe is a no go season opener, Jodie Meeks will get the start untill the Mamba comes back.(Get Ready)

Small Forward:NBA: Phoenix Suns-Media Day The small forward position will go to Wesley Johnson, he’s a sniper from outside and plays good perimeter defense. I won’t be suprised if Nick Young gets a couple starts this year or even ends up starting. Nick Youngs offensive explosions would be much appreciated off the bench either subbing in for Kobe or Wesley

Power Forward: The Power Forward position is a toss up, I want to see Jordan hill start so Chris Kaman can give us a solid punch off the bench but wouldn’t be surprised to see it work out the other way. Kaman might just start to help Gasol spread the floor and give him space inside to dominate.

Center: Pau Gasol period. This is his year to dominate, the paint belongs to him. I am extremly eager to watch Gasol this year who I think will have one of his more dominant seasons, and needs to. If Kobe is a no go season opener, Gasol you are the best player on this roster and need to carry this team. I expect more touches for Pau and more Pick and roll situations with Nash and Kobe. With the departure of Dwight, we have to feed the spaniard down low. Laker fans get ready for a great 2013-2014 Season.

Starting Lineups for Lakers 2013-2014 Season - Laker Nation
3 peeps gave props to T.O.N.Y. JucoLegend (08-24-2013) , hot topic  (08-24-2013) , Sin (08-24-2013)

top in section
37 viewing
 Video inside NBA 2K16 Gameplay Improvements Video
58 comments
top in games/24hrs
top in section
21 viewing
 Image inside Bought me a 2012 Matte Black Camaro (Pics)
32 comments
top in rides/24hrs

Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #2
steeLTown 129 heat pts129 space
MVP
space
$21,599 | POWERFUL
11th seed at best
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #3
100% Brooklyn
space
$61,785 | POWERFUL
best center in the league playing power forward
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - on now - #4
Sin 623 heat pts623 space
young black & gifted
space
$8,886 | POWERFUL
i think jordan hill gonna surprise people with a breakout year
Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - away - #5
The Bully 236 heat pts236 space
space
$37,408 | POWERFUL
42-40

another precious year shaved off kobe's career
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #6
steeLTown 129 heat pts129 space
MVP
space
$21,599 | POWERFUL
lo life dun said:
best center in the league playing power forward
if it don't work out Omer and Lin will get traded for Kyrie
Unread 2 years agoclass of '05 - away - #7
100% Brooklyn
space
$61,785 | POWERFUL
sincerethought said:
i think jordan hill gonna surprise people with a breakout year
14 and 12 as a starter....
Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - away - #8
The Bully 236 heat pts236 space
space
$37,408 | POWERFUL
ThatDude0824 said:
Just wait n*gga
I was just like u last summer, my n*gga we got Dwight!
Then the season started and he made me dislike my all time favorite sports team
I bet u change that avy by the Xmas game
n*ggas a buster . Ur squad is corny . Harden a weirdo , parsons a sissy boy , and Lin is like the typical Asian balling at the park
Y'all paying 14 mil for a backup center and signed 56 year old Camby
i'm not a rockets fan tho

you wrote all that for nothing
[pic - click to view]

Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #9
DSmith93 427 heat pts427 space
THE GREATEST.. ON MY MAMA
space
$12,506 | POWERFUL
The Bully said:

[pic - click to view]

Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #10
CosbySweater 233 heat pts233 space
Rally Banana
space
$28,728 | POWERFUL
#RoadToTheLottery
Unread 2 years agoclass of '06 - away - #11
jj01  space
Game Over
space
$40,954 | POWERFUL
nash is fu*kin garbage
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #12
Chad09 160 heat pts160 space
People's Republic of Cali
space
$10,121 | POWERFUL

[pic - click to view]

Unread 2 years agoclass of '04 - away - #13
LovinPavan  space
space
$4,792 | 15047262
lakers always have rose-colored glasses on...
Unread 2 years agoclass of '08 - away - #14
Solitary Genius 46 heat pts46 space
South Ward, Jeruz
space
$5,731 | POWERFUL
The Bully said:
42-40

another precious year shaved off kobe's career
thats MUCH better than 12th seed, I see u keepin it hood bully
Unread 2 years agoclass of '13 - away - #15
pierredaire  space
space
$2,052 | 5813109
Mitch allready said Nick Young is starting sf
Unread 2 years agoclass of '09 - away - #16
ReggieA 196 heat pts196 space
^HE GOT NEXT!^
space
$36,654 | POWERFUL
6th seed at best, 1st round exit.
Unread 2 years agoclass of '12 - away - #17
StickyTubeSocks 23 heat pts23 space
#RTTL
space
$3,375 | POWERFUL
The Bully said:

[pic - click to view]

Same f*ggot in every Laker thread gobbling that massive laker d!ck
Unread 2 years agoclass of '11 - away - #18
Xyrax  space
Decatur stand up!
space
$1,420 | 10140868
The Bully said:

[pic - click to view]

Unread 2 years agoclass of '10 - away - #19
smokinthe420 3 heat pts space
Living the dream...
space
$9,007 | 18234621
The Bully said:

[pic - click to view]

Unread 2 years agoclass of '07 - away - #20
Cartel-Clipz 22 heat pts22 space
tell him be quiet please?
space
$21,147 | POWERFUL
The Bully said:

[pic - click to view]

Home > all sections > BX SportsCenter

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
56 viewing
Image inside HBCU Confessions Twitter Page :DeadThots:
135 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
36 viewing
Article inside Oscar Isaac Says Portraying X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Villain Is "Basically P..
58 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Video inside 18-Year-Old Victim Kicked By Rapper Kevin Gates Shares Frightening Orde..
205 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Video inside Ex-Couple sit down for an honest face-to-face talk 2 years after their ..
83 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
17 viewing
NBA SI.com's Top 100 NBA Players of 2016
108 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Aug 31 - Rise of the bizarre 'cannabis vomiting syndrome
76 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside Returning In 2016
55 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
13 viewing
Image inside 50 Says Ross' Belaire Rose Is Law Enforecment Approved
45 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time