This is BX @ Boxden.com

Starting Lineups for Lakers 2013-2014 Season

Starting Lineups for Lakers 2013-2014 Season
33 topic by T.O.N.Y. - 08-24-2013, 01:36 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

With key departures in starters Dwight Howard and Metta World Peace, the Lakers starting line up is a mystery. We know 3 positions will be locked, the point guard in Steve Nash, Shooting guard Kobe Bryant and either Center/Power Forward Pau Gasol. The two positions up for grabs will be the small forward and power forward positions. In Coach Mike D’Antoni system, you sometimes just don’t know what to expect. Will D’Antoni run and gun or will we see a slower pace offense like towards the end of the year when Kobe got hurt. Until then, we can play around with different scenarios for starting line ups and take a couple shots at who we think might start. Lets take a look at the two highlighted positions on the Lakers roster, the power forward and small forward.

Power Forward:

Jordan Hill and Chris Kaman will be the lead candidates for the starting power forward/center job. We know what Jordan brings, toughness, great rebounding and defense. This summer Hill asked Coach D’Antoni how he can improve his game and has reportedly been working on his 15-18 foot jump shot. Kaman on the other hand is veteran thats been in the league for a while. Chris too can pick and pop and play down low. I personally would love to see Jordan start and Kaman off the bench because that would give us a solid center off the bench. Pau Gasol is an extremely gifted player and many fans forgot how talented he is in the post with both hands. Critiques will say he’s soft and can never bang down low, thats a false statement. Gasol wont give us breathe taking dunks but he’ll get the job done. If Pau Gasol can go back to his 09-10 season, in which he was dropping close to 19 points and grabbing 11 rebound, he will be feared again.

Small Forward:

The small forward position for the Lakers is very tricky. We’ve had many good players in the past like Trevor Ariza, Metta World Peace, Rick Fox and “Big Game” James Worthy. If the Lakers went up against Carmelo, Lebron, Kevin Durant we knew we had that stopper on defense, that would be able to somewhat slow them down and take the load off Kobe and company defensively. This position should have more of a scoring punch with Wesley Johnson and Nick Young, but there are definite questions on the defensive end. Wesley is long and can shoot the 3 ball, and should fit well in D’Antoni’s system. Nick Young can score in bunches from almost anywhere on the floor and he loves attacking the rim. I personally think who ever stands out defensively from the two will be grab the most playing time.

Projected Starting Line up:

Point Guard: Steve Nash will control the rock at the point guard, he’s getting old but his shooting off Kobe double teams and intelligence at the position is rare and what the Lakers need. Nash needs to be more aggressive this upcoming season, more scoring than facilitating.

> Starting Lineups for Lakers 2013-2014 Season - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

With key departures in starters Dwight Howard and Metta World Peace, the Lakers starting line up is a mystery. We know 3 positions will be locked, the point guard in Steve Nash, Shooting guard Kobe Bryant and either Center/Power Forward Pau Gasol. The two positions up for grabs will be the small forward and power forward positions. In Coach Mike D’Antoni system, you sometimes just don’t know what to expect. Will D’Antoni run and gun or will we see a slower pace offense like towards the end of the year when Kobe got hurt. Until then, we can play around with different scenarios for starting line ups and take a couple shots at who we think might start. Lets take a look at the two highlighted positions on the Lakers roster, the power forward and small forward.

Power Forward:

Jordan Hill and Chris Kaman will be the lead candidates for the starting power forward/center job. We know what Jordan brings, toughness, great rebounding and defense. This summer Hill asked Coach D’Antoni how he can improve his game and has reportedly been working on his 15-18 foot jump shot. Kaman on the other hand is veteran thats been in the league for a while. Chris too can pick and pop and play down low. I personally would love to see Jordan start and Kaman off the bench because that would give us a solid center off the bench. Pau Gasol is an extremely gifted player and many fans forgot how talented he is in the post with both hands. Critiques will say he’s soft and can never bang down low, thats a false statement. Gasol wont give us breathe taking dunks but he’ll get the job done. If Pau Gasol can go back to his 09-10 season, in which he was dropping close to 19 points and grabbing 11 rebound, he will be feared again.

Small Forward:

The small forward position for the Lakers is very tricky. We’ve had many good players in the past like Trevor Ariza, Metta World Peace, Rick Fox and “Big Game” James Worthy. If the Lakers went up against Carmelo, Lebron, Kevin Durant we knew we had that stopper on defense, that would be able to somewhat slow them down and take the load off Kobe and company defensively. This position should have more of a scoring punch with Wesley Johnson and Nick Young, but there are definite questions on the defensive end. Wesley is long and can shoot the 3 ball, and should fit well in D’Antoni’s system. Nick Young can score in bunches from almost anywhere on the floor and he loves attacking the rim. I personally think who ever stands out defensively from the two will be grab the most playing time.

Projected Starting Line up:

Point Guard: Steve Nash will control the rock at the point guard, he’s getting old but his shooting off Kobe double teams and intelligence at the position is rare and what the Lakers need. Nash needs to be more aggressive this upcoming season, more scoring than facilitating.

Shooting Guard: If Kobe is a no go season opener, Jodie Meeks will get the start untill the Mamba comes back.(Get Ready)

> Starting Lineups for Lakers 2013-2014 Season - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Small Forward:NBA: Phoenix Suns-Media Day The small forward position will go to Wesley Johnson, he’s a sniper from outside and plays good perimeter defense. I won’t be suprised if Nick Young gets a couple starts this year or even ends up starting. Nick Youngs offensive explosions would be much appreciated off the bench either subbing in for Kobe or Wesley

Power Forward: The Power Forward position is a toss up, I want to see Jordan hill start so Chris Kaman can give us a solid punch off the bench but wouldn’t be surprised to see it work out the other way. Kaman might just start to help Gasol spread the floor and give him space inside to dominate.

Center: Pau Gasol period. This is his year to dominate, the paint belongs to him. I am extremly eager to watch Gasol this year who I think will have one of his more dominant seasons, and needs to. If Kobe is a no go season opener, Gasol you are the best player on this roster and need to carry this team. I expect more touches for Pau and more Pick and roll situations with Nash and Kobe. With the departure of Dwight, we have to feed the spaniard down low. Laker fans get ready for a great 2013-2014 Season.

Starting Lineups for Lakers 2013-2014 Season - Laker Nation

Latest Sports Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

39 comments for "Starting Lineups for Lakers 2013-2014 Season"

08-24-2013, 01:37 PMonline - #2
steeLTown 108 heat pts108

d 
space
$18,571 | POWERFUL
11th seed at best
 08-24-2013, 01:39 PMaway - #3
T.O.N.Y. 2289 heat pts2289

d 
space
$44,656 | POWERFUL
best center in the league playing power forward
 08-24-2013, 01:41 PMaway - #4
Sin 475 heat pts475

d 
space
$4,360 | POWERFUL
i think jordan hill gonna surprise people with a breakout year
 08-24-2013, 01:42 PMaway - #5
The Bully 170 heat pts170

d 
space
$30,633 | POWERFUL
42-40

another precious year shaved off kobe's career
 08-24-2013, 01:44 PMaway - #6
ThatDude0824 6 heat pts

d 
space
$2,968 | 14310491
Nash
Kobe
Swaggy
Hill
Gasol

Blake
Meeks
Johnson
Odom on Coke
Kaman

Def better than last years squad
 08-24-2013, 01:47 PMaway - #7
ThatDude0824 6 heat pts

d 
space
$2,968 | 14310491
Originally Posted by The Bully
42-40

Just wait ni##a
I was just like u last summer, my ni##a we got Dwight!
Then the season started and he made me dislike my all time favorite sports team
I bet u change that avy by the Xmas game
ni##as a buster . Ur squad is corny . Harden a weirdo , parsons a sissy boy , and Lin is like the typical Asian balling at the park
Y'all paying 14 mil for a backup center and signed 56 year old Camby
 08-24-2013, 01:49 PMonline - #8
steeLTown 108 heat pts108

d 
space
$18,571 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by lo life dun
best center in the league playing power forward
if it don't work out Omer and Lin will get traded for Kyrie
 08-24-2013, 01:50 PMaway - #9
T.O.N.Y. 2289 heat pts2289

d 
space
$44,656 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by sincerethought
i think jordan hill gonna surprise people with a breakout year
14 and 12 as a starter....
 08-24-2013, 01:51 PMaway - #10
The Bully 170 heat pts170

d 
space
$30,633 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ThatDude0824
Just wait ni##a
I was just like u last summer, my ni##a we got Dwight!
Then the season started and he made me dislike my all time favorite sports team
I bet u change that avy by the Xmas game
ni##as a buster . Ur squad is corny . Harden a weirdo , parsons a sissy boy , and Lin is like the typical Asian balling at the park
Y'all paying 14 mil for a backup center and signed 56 year old Camby
i'm not a rockets fan tho

you wrote all that for nothing
 08-24-2013, 02:24 PMaway - #11
DSmith93 372 heat pts372

d 
space
$9,046 | POWERFUL

08-24-2013, 02:29 PMaway - #12
CosbySweater 175 heat pts175

d 
space
$21,506 | POWERFUL
#RoadToTheLottery
 08-24-2013, 02:30 PMaway - #13
jj01 

d 
space
$36,602 | POWERFUL
nash is ####in garbage
 08-24-2013, 02:39 PMaway - #14
Chad09 159 heat pts159

d 
space
$9,288 | POWERFUL
 08-24-2013, 02:39 PMaway - #15
LovinPavan 

d 
space
$3,961 | 11100255
lakers always have rose-colored glasses on...
 08-24-2013, 03:52 PMaway - #16
Solitary Genius 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$3,535 | POWERFUL
42-40

thats MUCH better than 12th seed, I see u keepin it hood bully
 08-24-2013, 04:45 PMaway - #17
pierredaire 

d 
space
$1,890 | 5095217
Mitch allready said Nick Young is starting sf
 08-24-2013, 04:54 PMaway - #18
ReggieA 186 heat pts186

d 
space
$31,822 | POWERFUL
6th seed at best, 1st round exit.
 08-24-2013, 05:11 PMonline - #19
StickyTubeSocks 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$2,341 | 14952916

Same #### in every Laker thread gobbling that massive laker di#k
 08-24-2013, 06:22 PMaway - #20
Xyrax 

d 
space
$919 | 6931267

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Aug 20 - Darren Wilson Brutally beaten... (according to Fox News)
84 comments
NBA James Harden: I'm the Best Basketball Player Alive
72 comments
NFL Team With The Best Uniforms That IS NOT YOUR SQUAD?
85 comments
 NBA Name One Player That You Wish Wasn't On Your Team Anym...
New reply 56 seconds ago - 80 comments - by Chaq34
 Image(s) inside Fredo Santana X Farrakhan
New reply 3 minutes ago - 56 comments - by BasedWavyBaby
 Image(s) inside Aug 19 - Report: Isis Beheads U.s. Journalist
New reply 1 minute ago - 148 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Aug 19 - Jesse Jackson Asking Protesters For Donations...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 64 comments - by ZeusSlaps
 Image(s) inside Aug 19 - Breaking: Another Suspect Dead In St. Louis O...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 62 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Nelly Embarrasses Himself & Crowd Gets At Him
New reply 23 minutes ago - 138 comments - by Shiva Hysteria
  Rapper Gucci Mane Sentenced On Federal Gun Charge To 3...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 112 comments - by GameTheory
 Video inside Lupe Fiasco's Contract Issues Explained (finally With ...
New reply 25 minutes ago - 55 comments - by lexdaghost

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.