This is BX @ Boxden.com

Spike Lee is wearing Jeremy Lin's high school jersey at tomorrow nights game

Spike Lee is wearing Jeremy Lin's high school jersey at tomorrow nights game
topic by jlandryst - 02-16-2012, 06:11 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

Before the Linsanity, Peter Diepenbrock was leading a rather tranquil and domestic life, teaching four P.E. classes at Palo Alto (Calif.) High School and devoting the rest of his days to wife Janet and 6-year-old son John.

"Peaceful," was how he summed things up.

These days, the 48-year-old is frantically juggling national media spots, jet-setting across country and hobnobbing with Spike Lee.

"Out of control," is how he described his life Wednesday. "One thing after another. Completely turned upside down."

What do you expect when you're a confidant, friend and former high school basketball coach of the world's most talked-about athlete, Jeremy Lin?

Oh, Diepenbrock expected the interview requests when the undrafted and twice-cut Lin began his head-spinning transformation of the New York Knicks and NBA.

But front-row seats at Madison Square Garden the proclaimed World's Most Famous Arena?

Sitting next to New York's biggest fan Lee?

Both cheering on Diepenbrock's prized pupil?

"No, that's definitely not something I ever envisioned in my lifetime," Diepenbrock said.

But it's going to happen.

On Saturday, Diepenbrock is scheduled to fly to New York City and sit courtside for Sunday's nationally-televised game with Dallas.

Lin's Palo Alto high school teammates Kheaton Scott, Kevin Trimble and Brian Baskauskas will also make the cross-country trip but can't afford the $7,000 price tag for a front-row seat.

"We're not sitting nose-bleed either," Scott said. "We're coming too far for that."

Diepenbrock said it wasn't Lin who set him up with the seats, but rather "a friend of a friend of a friend."

He's already made connections with Lee, however, through Michael Kay's ESPN radio show out of New York. It was one of more than a dozen interviews Diepenbrock gave Wednesday.

"I told (Kay) I had only one goal going back to New York and that was to see Spike Lee wear Jeremy Lin's high school jersey," Diepenbrock said. "Five minutes after I finished the segment, (ESPN producers) called me back and said it's a done deal."

Lee evidently called the show and set it up. He'll wear it Friday night when the Knicks host New Orleans, meaning Diepenbrock will have to courier the jersey before he gets there.

"I'm just worried it's going to leave the country and someone will sell it on eBay for $100,000," Diepenbrock joked.

Diepenbrock has been one of Lin's closest friends and staunchest supporters since the two led Palo Alto to a 2006 state championship. The two spoke almost daily, Diepenbrock said, before Lin burst into the national scene on Feb. 4.

As of the last week, however, as Lin's star reached Zenith proportions, the two communicate by text daily.

Though worried the media onslaught will take its toll, Diepenbrock said Lin is in very good hands those of Lin's mother Shirley.

"She makes sure he's getting his rest, eating right," Diepenbrock said.

Nutrition and sleep are helping for sure. But nothing can explain Lin's unfathomable run of scoring and clutch play, capped Tuesday with a 3-pointer to beat Toronto.

"I honest don't think I've ever screamed louder for a made shot," said Diepenbrock, known for his impassioned sideline antics as a coach. "Obviously those who know Jeremy best knew he always had a lot of guts. He showed in every tough game we were ever in."

Jeremy Lin's high school coach to join Spike Lee courtside at MSG - MaxPreps News

Latest Sports Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

14 comments for "Spike Lee is wearing Jeremy Lin's high school jersey at tomorrow nights game"

02-16-2012, 07:01 PMaway - #2
DEDOS 97 heat pts97

d 
space
$41,762 | POWERFUL
who cares
 02-16-2012, 11:07 PMaway - #3
chirpflare 169 heat pts169

d 
space
$3,956 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jlandryst

02-16-2012, 11:20 PMaway - #4
DrX 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$34,926 | POWERFUL
spike is a lame
 02-16-2012, 11:21 PMonline - #5
0ddJoB 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$16,534 | POWERFUL
cause he BEEN a Lin fan
 02-16-2012, 11:25 PMaway - #6
cheguevara 47 heat pts47

d 
space
$13,423 | POWERFUL
lame a$s ni##a
 02-16-2012, 11:42 PMonline - #7
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts

d 
space
$13,449 | POWERFUL
this is getting out of hand now lol
 02-17-2012, 06:26 AMaway - #8
The_Future_09 1 heat pts

d 
space
$563 | 1550634
Always gonna be somebody gettin hype... I see you hibachi
 02-17-2012, 06:56 AMaway - #9
darulersback 

d 
space
$2,185 | 2802744
Originally Posted by chirpflare
 02-17-2012, 07:05 AMaway - #10
ddubb21 

d 
space
$2,139 | 4101584
cool story bro
 02-17-2012, 07:20 AMaway - #11
Alldn666 5 heat pts

d 
space
$1,029 | 4300569
 02-17-2012, 08:34 AMaway - #12
Mike Nitty 6 heat pts

d 
space
$18,502 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Hood_Rich
this is getting out of hand now lol
actually it got outta hand 2 weeks ago...it can't be stopped now unless he dates Kim K in which she will still his shine...ask Reggie how it works.
 02-17-2012, 10:16 AMaway - #13
DaViLLe726 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,648 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mike Nitty
actually it got outta hand 2 weeks ago...it can't be stopped now unless he dates Kim K in which she will still his shine...ask Reggie how it works.
gurenteed if he dates kim k the knicks will lose every game while they are dating. proven fact she is a mush..
 02-17-2012, 10:22 AMonline - #14
LaRy BLanco 437 heat pts437

d 
space
$34,964 | POWERFUL
He Got Game 2, Starring Jeremy Lin & Kim Kardashian coming soon...
 02-17-2012, 11:15 AMaway - #15
beantown 74 heat pts74

d 
space
$23,355 | POWERFUL
Then as soon as his production tails off he'll throw it in the bottom of the closet and go back to the orange ear muffs

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL Falcons Vs Bucs week 3
763 comments
Name a comic book character you'd wanna see a movie made out of?
58 comments
Image inside  Love & Basketball 2 Coming February 2015
53 comments
 Image(s) inside Sep 18 - Magic Johnson Donates Blood To Leukemia And L...
New reply 40 seconds ago - 101 comments - by davilla24c
 Image(s) inside Stunning New Screenshots Of Halo: The Master Chief Col...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Cool Story
 BOX Floyd Mayweather Vs Marcos Maidana 2(mayhem) Ppv Reach...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 96 comments - by ant30ant33
 Image(s) inside Who The Hell Is Holding The Umbrella?
New reply 10 minutes ago - 67 comments - by Mr Harrow
 Article inside 2014 Bet Hip-hop Awards Cypher Lineup Announced
New reply 3 minutes ago - 139 comments - by Steve
 NBA As An Nba Gm, Who Are You Taking And Why?
New reply 11 minutes ago - 91 comments - by tygamann1
 Image(s) inside Iconic Photo Taken Of ( G-unit ) Right After Laying 50...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 100 comments - by ajeana
 NFL Adrian Peterson Is Most Likely Done In Minnesota
New reply 13 minutes ago - 136 comments - by Steve

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.