This is BX @ Boxden.com

Soccer vs. Football

Soccer vs. Football
topic by s4s - 06-28-2010, 11:51 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

A bit funny although i'm a$suming a lot of you will catch offense to this. I'm in canada and we call it soccer as well. so > Soccer vs. Football - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!. Reply with some real feedback, lately boxdens been filled with retards who don't have any opinions, stop ruining the forums.

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

86 comments for "Soccer vs. Football"

06-28-2010, 11:59 PMaway - #2
Storchaveli 79 heat pts79

d 
space
$25,664 | POWERFUL
I've stopped watching football. The Super Bowl is more about the commercials than the actual game anyway. Not to mention, there's only 11 minutes of TOTAL action in a game (just found out). Coming from someone who used to HATE soccer a few years back (ask Rancid), soccer is the ultimate test for an athlete. They run for 90+ minutes and they still have to master the ability to control the ball with their FEET. Nuff said.

Soccer (and basketball) >>>

06-29-2010, 12:10 AMaway - #3
Archie Bunker 

d 
space
$489 | 0
#### you clease and any f#g who thinks like him!!!!!

Reggie Bush returning a punt with 11 200+ lbs dudes on the other side ready to knock his goofy smile off his face >>>>>>>>>> Pretty boy Ronaldo dribbling a ball waiting to take a dive against 10 guys in short shorts.........

Last edited by Archie Bunker; 06-29-2010 at 12:13 AM..
 06-29-2010, 12:12 AMaway - #4
Archie Bunker 

d 
space
$489 | 0
Athletes you wanna talk athletes!!!!

I can find linebackers and probably afew linemen with faster 40 times than soccer players!!!!!!!!!

#### outta here with that sissy bull####!!!!

Make me sick "look at me i wanna be european so i carry a man purse" f#gavelli!!!!!

Last edited by Archie Bunker; 06-29-2010 at 12:18 AM..
 06-29-2010, 12:12 AMaway - #5
stlcardinals19 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$13,302 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by s4s

A bit funny although i'm a$suming a lot of you will catch offense to this. I'm in canada and we call it soccer as well. so . Reply with some real feedback, lately boxdens been filled with retards who don't have any opinions, stop ruining the forums.

This man says there's no creativity, but doesn't make mentions of the running styles of Barry Sanders, and others. Then, the players can't THINK for themselves?????? What about QB audibles, what about the Centers communicating along the line for blitz patterns, what about receivers changing routes up based on coverage schemes, what about MLB changing the DLine's stunts, what about RBs effectively analyzing his blocking scheme? And it's called football, b/c a regulation sized NFL ball is a FOOT LONG! WE GET IT Europe you don't like our stop-and-go sports. No need to call us stupid. I don't normally say this, but John Cleese can go #### himself.
 06-29-2010, 12:15 AMaway - #6

d 
space
$13,302 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Storchaveli
I've stopped watching football. The Super Bowl is more about the commercials than the actual game anyway. Not to mention, there's only 11 minutes of TOTAL action in a game (just found out). Coming from someone who used to HATE soccer a few years back (ask Rancid), soccer is the ultimate test for an athlete. They run for 90+ minutes and they still have to master the ability to control the ball with their FEET. Nuff said.

Soccer (and basketball) >>>

The actual game is what we tune into see, it's the advitisers that state differently. There's not that much action in the game of chess, yet it's still held in high regard, so the 11 minutes of action doesn't bother me and adds all the more to the strategy of the game.
 06-29-2010, 12:17 AMaway - #7
Archie Bunker 

d 
space
$489 | 0
Originally Posted by stlcardinals19

This man says there's no creativity, but doesn't make mentions of the running styles of Barry Sanders, and others. Then, the players can't THINK for themselves?????? What about QB audibles, what about the Centers communicating along the line for blitz patterns, what about receivers changing routes up based on coverage schemes, what about MLB changing the DLine's stunts, what about RBs effectively analyzing his blocking scheme? And it's called football, b/c a regulation sized NFL ball is a FOOT LONG! WE GET IT Europe you don't like our stop-and-go sports. No need to call us stupid. I don't normally say this, but John Cleese can go #### himself.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

FACT!!!!

Football=WAR

Soccer=Ballet

plain n simple
 06-29-2010, 12:18 AMaway - #8
Storchaveli 79 heat pts79

d 
space
$25,664 | POWERFUL
The actual game is what we tune into see, it's the advitisers that state differently. There's not that much action in the game of chess, yet it's still held in high regard, so the 11 minutes of action doesn't bother me and adds all the more to the strategy of the game.
Disagree, but valid point. Least you didn't catch feelings like Archie.
 06-29-2010, 12:21 AMaway - #9
Archie Bunker 

d 
space
$489 | 0

Yea i caught feelins!!!!!!

Cause im AMERICAN and i take my FOOTBALL seriously like i do GOD, STRIP CLUBS, BBQS, 4TH OF JULY, BEER AND MY 2ND AMENDMENT!!!!!

So #### off you wanna be european........

Last edited by Archie Bunker; 06-29-2010 at 12:24 AM..
 06-29-2010, 12:31 AMaway - #10

d 
space
$13,302 | POWERFUL

Gotcha, if you're more intrested in the more continual flow of soccer, then I can't blame you. In all honesty, it's what I love a bout soccer.
 06-29-2010, 12:59 AMaway - #11
Universal~Mind 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$11,620 | POWERFUL
So basically Archie Bunker, all you did with your 2 descriptions of each sport was display your vivid love and disgust for each sport. I could paint Football in a biased manner aswell. So n So returning a punt could be seen as a primitive cat and mouse game playing on a field full of overly testosterone massaged dudes.... Football players are constantly being told savagely inspirational stories between halves and before the games to get their adrenalin pumping and drive going so they can then go out there and treat their opponents like enemies, so in essence it's somewhat barbaric if you will.... The victim being the ball, as it's reckless stomped, thrown kicked and treated like a leathersl#t. lol

Soccer on the other hand is a finessed sport that requires intelligence from each individual position on a off and on again collective team basis. You want to equate the amazingness of Futball passes from a sound team to the passes of a quarter back? They both need accuracy that's no question but in football you're only counting on one talented guy to take it down the field, where as the harmony required to move a soccerball successfully through 11 guys takes much more precision and collective focus. So what if diving occurs from time to time? What about all the hackers in football?

Lastly lmfao at football players being faster or able to keep up running with soccer players. On a side note, have you witnessed how incredibly fast Cristiano Ronaldo is? While some of his media hype maybe just that because he's extremely marketable his hype about how fast he can run is probably underestimated.... That ni##a can boooot! lol

Last edited by Universal~Mind; 06-29-2010 at 01:02 AM..
 06-29-2010, 01:29 AMaway - #12
primetime 60 heat pts60

d 
space
$20,846 | POWERFUL
nothing but the truth :owned:

Football >>>> american football....plain and simple...only close minded would disagree.

and i love american football its my 2nd fav. sport.
 06-29-2010, 01:37 AMaway - #13
Future 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$31,731 | POWERFUL
he just :owned: the whole country and red neck americans are catching feelings

btw athlete isnt supposed to be 350+ lbs
 06-29-2010, 01:38 AMaway - #14
Future 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$31,731 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker
#### you clease and any f#g who thinks like him!!!!!

Reggie Bush returning a punt with 11 200+ lbs dudes on the other side ready to knock his goofy smile off his face >>>>>>>>>> Pretty boy Ronaldo dribbling a ball waiting to take a dive against 10 guys in short shorts.........
wanna tissue?
 06-29-2010, 01:39 AMaway - #15

d 
space
$13,302 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by RamazedAGAIN
any bozo can play football...

everr wonder why the retards in high school movies are always football players??
You're using HS movies to discredit the game?And any "bozo" can play soccer to on a basic level, however, it takes an amazing athlete, just like in football, to play soccer WELL.

soccer takes athletics....and smarts...
And football doesn't??????
 06-29-2010, 01:43 AMaway - #16

d 
space
$13,302 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Shade 45
he just :owned: the whole country and red neck americans are catching feelings
He didn't own anybody, and simply showed his ignorance on the game itself.

btw athlete isnt supposed to be 350+ lbs
Who cares about the weight of the athlete, if they're doing athletic activities, like Lineman do, showing very good footwork and technique.
 06-29-2010, 01:48 AMaway - #17
CutKidd21 7 heat pts

d 
space
$10,824 | POWERFUL
Sh*t is getting out of hand. How in the f*ck are you going to have a soccer vs. football thread when these two sports are COMPLETELY different????

I mean look at that guy. F*cking nerd. What if he was talking about fake t#ts vs. real t#ts.. would you listen to him? Hell no cuz he looks like the 50 yr old virgin

So who cares what he thinks
 06-29-2010, 01:50 AMaway - #18
Future 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$31,731 | POWERFUL
He didn't own anybody, and simply showed his ignorance on the game itself.

Who cares about the weight of the athlete, if they're doing athletic activities, like Lineman do, showing very good footwork and technique.
i didn't see any ignorance.. every thing he said was true? i guess truth is ignorance now?
 06-29-2010, 01:52 AMaway - #19
Future 40 heat pts40

d 
space
$31,731 | POWERFUL
he forgot to add that american copied american football from rugby and put on equipment and then go around calling football players pussies ####in comedy at its best
 06-29-2010, 01:55 AMaway - #20

d 
space
$13,302 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Shade 45
i didn't see any ignorance.. every thing he said was true? i guess truth is ignorance now?
What, that football players are non-creative idiots that can't think for themselves? Or how he completely doesn't understand nor know why we call football, football? Or how he doesn't even know that a ball can be ovoid shaped? No, my friend, his biased ignorance was on full display.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Oct 20 - There's One Skill Worth More Than A Harvard ..
74 comments
NFL MNF - Texans vs. Steelers - 8:30PM
219 comments
Image inside  Fake Everything... i ain't complaining though - Ines
52 comments
 Article inside Adewale Akinnuoye-agbaje Cast In ‘game Of Thrones’: Re...
New reply 22 minutes ago - 57 comments - by AriGold
 Image(s) inside Who Seen Ty Beats Expose Asap Earlier Today?
New reply 57 minutes ago - 101 comments - by Deelo Deniroz
  Omarion Breaks Up With Girlfriend Apryl After She Refu...
New reply 23 minutes ago - 184 comments - by weeknd44
 NBA Kobe Bryant: The Lakers Downfall " He's Not As Go...
New reply 1 hour ago - 145 comments - by MrHashTag
 Image(s) inside Name 3 Things Your Hometown Is Famous For
New reply 29 minutes ago - 184 comments - by Kwestluv91
 audio inside Drake - How About Now
New reply 1 hour ago - 156 comments - by DanBootleg
 Article inside A Tragedy In Song: "hot N*gga" By Bobby Shmu...
New reply 54 minutes ago - 60 comments - by onlybuilt1906
 NBA "the Bulls Are A Team That's Much Better Than Us ...
New reply 1 hour ago - 67 comments - by Deuce Fortitude

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,827 fans of BX | none new today 4,790 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.