Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Salaries for UFC 168

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
162 viewing
 OFFICIAL LIL WAYNE-Free Weezy Album Discussion Thread
848 comments
most viewed right now
52 viewing
 BOX Floyd Mayweather likely to be stripped of WBC/WBA belts
15 comments

top in section
22 viewing
 Image inside This is What Los Angeles Looks Like Without Light Pollution
top in wild'ish
top in section
35 viewing
Image inside Pull Out Or Bust Deep Inside?
top in eyecandy

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Salaries for UFC 168
Unread 1 year agoclass of '04 - away - #101
dre03  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$8,536 | POWERFUL
cheenz said:
Is Like Bob Arum saying Pac Rios Sold 5 million PPV's.

Cotto Card had Less f!ghters...and still paid over over 100k More....
Can't Go with "reported Bonuses". cause sh*t aint Official .. even Jones was Complaining about pay recently.
Your words are correct but your logic is backwards... Having more f!ghters and more f!ghts will equal less money to spread around... Hence why basketball and baseball players make considerably more than NFL players... 1500+ players and 300+ coaches and staff members in the NFL to be paid... Even though the NFL generates way more money they pay less because of the number of people to be paid... As opposed to the NBA and MLB who combined have like 900 players...

The longer UFC is around the higher the salaries will go up... Every sport in it's infancy stages have what we consider low salaries for celebrities... In the 80's NBA players didn't have $100 million contracts and the NBA had been around for about 40 years by then... It wasn't until the mid 90's did the contracts begin shooting up... Jordan made less than $30 million his first 10 years in the league... Then in one year made $30 million

It just takes one person to reach the level before it becomes the norm as everyone will use that one salary to justify higher pay... So this is no different than any other sport... Give it time and eventually it will reach that plateau if it continues the success... 10 years ago in the UFC you didn't have any f!ghters making anywhere close to a million dollars for a f!ght...
Reply With Quote
Unread 1 year agoclass of '04 - away - #102
Franchise08 69 heat pts69 space
avatar space
Y-2-K I N G S
space
$3,815 | POWERFUL
dre03 said:
Your words are correct but your logic is backwards... Having more f!ghters and more f!ghts will equal less money to spread around... Hence why basketball and baseball players make considerably more than NFL players... 1500+ players and 300+ coaches and staff members in the NFL to be paid... Even though the NFL generates way more money they pay less because of the number of people to be paid... As opposed to the NBA and MLB who combined have like 900 players...

The longer UFC is around the higher the salaries will go up... Every sport in it's infancy stages have what we consider low salaries for celebrities... In the 80's NBA players didn't have $100 million contracts and the NBA had been around for about 40 years by then... It wasn't until the mid 90's did the contracts begin shooting up... Jordan made less than $30 million his first 10 years in the league... Then in one year made $30 million

It just takes one person to reach the level before it becomes the norm as everyone will use that one salary to justify higher pay... So this is no different than any other sport... Give it time and eventually it will reach that plateau if it continues the success... 10 years ago in the UFC you didn't have any f!ghters making anywhere close to a million dollars for a f!ght...



OH MY GOD! SOMEONE WITH LOGIC!
Reply With Quote
Unread 1 year agoclass of '05 - on now - #103
HiRolliN 106 heat pts106 space
avatar space
E+WEED+BREW=WHOA
space
$16,370 | POWERFUL
Zaosyn said:
100th post
Reply With Quote
Unread 1 year agoclass of '11 - away - #104
box5  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,918 | 6313835
Dana a robber, rhonda draws she should get way more than that, tate as well. Cheap as bonuses, floyd last f!ght probably paid him more than all ufc f!ghters made last year lol, and you wonder why Brock went back to wrestling. You dummies making excuses "it's a young sport" yet New getting 500k to a 1m buys lol dummies yell
Reply With Quote
Unread 1 year agoclass of '11 - away - #105
box5  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,918 | 6313835
Excuses baseball have a lot of players and some have like 4 minor league squads, stop lying my equals lol yell
Reply With Quote
Unread 1 year agoclass of '04 - away - #106
Franchise08 69 heat pts69 space
avatar space
Y-2-K I N G S
space
$3,815 | POWERFUL
box5 said:
Dana a robber, rhonda draws she should get way more than that, tate as well. Cheap as bonuses, floyd last f!ght probably paid him more than all ufc f!ghters made last year lol, and you wonder why Brock went back to wrestling. You dummies making excuses "it's a young sport" yet New getting 500k to a 1m buys lol dummies yell
Seems like all the morons are taking the opposite side.....yes clown, that's why brock went back to wrestling because he didn't get paid enough....hahaha ..but then again reading your attempt to formulate a sentence pretty much explains everything.
Reply With Quote
Unread 1 year agoclass of '05 - on now - #107
HiRolliN 106 heat pts106 space
avatar space
E+WEED+BREW=WHOA
space
$16,370 | POWERFUL
box5 said:
Dana a robber, rhonda draws she should get way more than that, tate as well. Cheap as bonuses, floyd last f!ght probably paid him more than all ufc f!ghters made last year lol, and you wonder why Brock went back to wrestling. You dummies making excuses "it's a young sport" yet New getting 500k to a 1m buys lol dummies yell
Reply With Quote
Unread 1 year agoclass of '12 - away - #108
BIGMARS 41 heat pts41 space
avatar space
Egregiousness
space
$6,875 | POWERFUL
So everyone combined got what Floyd Mayweather gets per round.
Reply With Quote
Unread 1 year agoclass of '05 - away - #109
Cee4our 1 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$3,629 | 20457987
BIGMARS said:
So everyone combined got what Floyd Mayweather gets per round.
floyd got $80 mil for 1 f!ght with canelo. the nba salary cap is $59 mil...lulz those nba players are gettin robbed.
Reply With Quote
Unread 1 year agoclass of '09 - on now - #110
Anahuac 14 heat pts14 space
avatar space
Know Your History
space
$8,675 | POWERFUL
Cee4our said:
floyd got $80 mil for 1 f!ght with canelo. the nba salary cap is $59 mil...lulz those nba players are gettin robbed.
The NBA has a soft cap, so your statement is partially true.


UFC f!ghters won't see a significant increase in pay until they form a union. And yes, they are getting r*ped.
Reply With Quote
Unread 1 year agoclass of '04 - away - #111
Franchise08 69 heat pts69 space
avatar space
Y-2-K I N G S
space
$3,815 | POWERFUL
How many of those f!ghters you guys decided to "f!ght for" by posting online actually bring people to the f!ghts? How many of those f!ghters actually sell PPV cards and bring traffic and social media to the f!ghts?..

Prob like 3-5. So how would the model work if you would pay all those f!ghters that don't really contribute to a card but are just there as the WWE wrestling "mid-carders"...guys that fill a card but don't really 'sell'..

it's easy to post sh*t on a forum acting like you are standing up for someone but in reality you do not have the financials of the UFC and do not know how much they spend on setup/production costs/overhead costs/travel/media/EVERYTHING!....There does need to be a profit and they are now sometimes having 3 cards a month, everyone of those f!ghters needs to be paid.

So, just give it up already...we get it you are all very nice people and f!ght for the 'worker' over the employee...very noble of all of you...thanks
Reply With Quote
Unread 1 year agoclass of '12 - away - #112
BIGMARS 41 heat pts41 space
avatar space
Egregiousness
space
$6,875 | POWERFUL
Cee4our said:
floyd got $80 mil for 1 f!ght with canelo. the nba salary cap is $59 mil...lulz those nba players are gettin robbed.
Reply With Quote
Unread 1 year agoclass of '06 - away - #113
vinceisallin 9 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$4,787 | 17110785
HiRolliN said:
you dumbfu*k simpleton you think every f!ghter makes silva type of money????

buy hey i guess you new jacks do.
YOU NEW JACKS? I forgot more than you learned about the f!ght game

I'm not going to act like I know what these f!ghters make, but I don't see em complaining like most of y'all. There's more than a.ssuming truth, there's something there to Obivously keep em going and it's not 5 k a f!ght
Reply With Quote
Unread 1 year agoclass of '05 - on now - #114
Tha Boss 7 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$5,050 | 17006809
How is thread this many pages deep? These f!ghters sign their own contract and agree to be paid what Dana Dollar$ offers them. Nobody making them be in the UFC.
Reply With Quote
Unread 1 year agoclass of '05 - on now - #115
Tha Boss 7 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$5,050 | 17006809
Tha Boss said:
How is thread this many pages deep? These f!ghters sign their own contract and agree to be paid what Dana Dollar$ offers them. Nobody making them be in the UFC.
Besides isnt the avg training camp is what 6-8 weeks? f!ght, then be off the rest of the time and wait untill the next f!ght?

Last edited by Tha Boss; 01-02-2014 at 08:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > BX SportsCenter
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
55 viewing
Video inside Illuminati wife tells all
147 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
44 viewing
Kevin gates BWA members arrested huge indictment
272 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
31 viewing
Video inside 5 Disturbing Deep Web Stories
235 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
21 viewing
Video inside Joe Budden: "Meek Is A Simp Who Never Got Girls B4 Nicki Minaj & Won't ..
147 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
6 viewing
NBA Reggie Miller says most players don't want to play in LA or NY due to the ..
130 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Jul 1 - Tom Cruise leaving Scientology
96 comments
@news
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Video inside Kendrick Lamar Responds To Geraldo Rivera
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Jul 2 - Aliens are real and they look just like HUMANS, claims top scientist
103 comments
@news
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Video inside Watch How Godfather 50's Goons Set Up Their Post On Stage Before Attack..
84 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time