This is BX @ Boxden.com

Robert Griffin III Does Not Want to be Defined by his Race

Robert Griffin III Does Not Want to be Defined by his Race
topic by rkn0720 - 12-12-2012, 10:30 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

Robert Griffin III refuses to be defined by race | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

I know one thing for sure. If Andrew Luck had 24 TD's and 4 Int's they would call him the greatest player in the last ten years and a hall of famer.

It's a shame people only like to compare players of the same race. Even analysts. Why can't be compared to Steve Young?

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

136 comments for "Robert Griffin III Does Not Want to be Defined by his Race"

12-12-2012, 10:44 PMaway - #2
X_WunderKind_X 852 heat pts852

d 
space
$25,509 | POWERFUL
I know BX wont do it. for some reason RG3 Fans and Cam Fans are beefing now... and its foolish... most of the quarterbacks are white except for a few but these two have to be compared to each other only because of race..and their both very young players
 12-12-2012, 10:51 PMaway - #3
Bkjj11 294 heat pts294

d 
space
$39,382 | POWERFUL
bruh, when it comes to race. The NFL is in last place.

U think Troy Smith wouldve been a starter and sucked for like 10 years like Alex Smith?

Race is still a problem in the NFL and it starts with the owners, who majority are white and old, and still feel a type of way against blacks.

u can be good as gold as a black quarterback but you will be moved to another position. Thats why I hope Adrian Peterson gets MVP.
 12-12-2012, 10:53 PMaway - #4
Panopticon 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$12,426 | POWERFUL
"I am an African-American in America. That will never change. But I don't have to be defined by that.''

"I am aware how much race is relevant to (black Redskins fans who are proud of his success),'' RGIII said. "I don't ignore it. I try not to be defined by it. But I understand different persectives and how people view different things. I understand that they're excited that their quarterback is an African-American. I play with a lot of pride, a lot of character, a lot of heart. I understand that. I appreciate them for being fans and not just fans because they're African-Americans.''

"We always try to find similarities in life, no matter what it is so they're always going to try to put you in a box with other African-American quarterbacks -- (Michael) Vick, (Cam) Newton, Randall Cunningham, Warren Moon,'' Griffin said. "Warren Moon and Doug Williams really didn't run that much. That's the negative stereotype when it comes to African-American quarterbacks, that most of us just run. Those guys threw it around. I like to think I can throw it around a little bit.

"That's the goal. Just to go out and not try to prove anybody wrong but just let your talents speak for themselves.''
 12-12-2012, 10:55 PMaway - #5
rkn0720 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$1,711 | 12012657
He's wise beyond his years for his he responded
 12-12-2012, 11:13 PMaway - #6
Yinz N Burgh 85 heat pts85

d 
space
$9,696 | POWERFUL
Damn, he's pulling a Tiger Woods. I wonder where he will go in the 2013 Racial Draft
 12-12-2012, 11:23 PMaway - #7
Got Cheeve? 111 heat pts111

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
Shad Khan, Jaguars owner, first minority owner in the league, self made millionaire. Came to America and stayed at the local YMCA. Worked for a car parts company in which he later owned and expanded world wide into a multi-million dollar empire that now supplies 80% of car bumpers to every make and model. Think about that...

RGIII is a smart kid. A good kid. Best of love and all greatness to him. I think Steve Young is a great comparison with him actually.

IMO, Geno Smith is a lot like Ken Anderson. A white QB, who was looked over in the draft, and went on to take the Bengals to the Super Bowl only to lose on a late drive by the gawd Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. Lots of people forget about Anderson, but he was a ####ing stud.

This same comparison bias happens with white players who aren't QBs. Bjoern Werner will get compared to Jarred Allen and Chris Long this upcoming draft. Which isn't a bad thing because those players are studs too, but still, it's because they're white. Same goes for the NBA and white players being compared to Bird, Marinovich, etc.

Humans only understand things on the basis of duality. It's the way our minds work. We compare always. It's the psychological phenomenon we experience when trying to understand things.
 12-12-2012, 11:58 PMonline - #8
GodsFavorite 62 heat pts62

d 
space
$5,474 | POWERFUL
to be fair it's largely a position thing. white runningbacks are always compared because there are so few, the same as black qbs. Peyton hillis was never given a shot and traded for Brady ####in Quinn in his breakout year. jordy nelson, etc. RgIII will actually benefit from the recent increase in black qbs. he came in at a time where he's not an anomaly but a new breed
 12-12-2012, 11:59 PMonline - #9
Hamburgers 7 heat pts

d 
space
$2,564 | POWERFUL
#### that.. he a black ni##a and black ni##as cant play QB
 12-13-2012, 02:12 AMaway - #10
trill jackson 122 heat pts122

d 
space
$11,610 | POWERFUL
that should be his mentality. it's not a racial pride issue it's a progress issue. when the day comes you see a black qb and pay no mind to his color that's when we arrived. nobody pays any mind to a white qbs color
 12-13-2012, 02:21 AMonline - #11
Root Of Evil 52 heat pts52

d 
space
$11,327 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Hamburgers
 12-13-2012, 06:53 AMaway - #12
Got Cheeve? 111 heat pts111

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
 12-13-2012, 06:56 AMonline - #13
Blkboipurp 

d 
space
$9,593 | POWERFUL

12-13-2012, 07:41 AMaway - #14
Majestic_GMMB 1 heat pts

d 
space
$7,739 | 18453354
Originally Posted by X_WunderKind_X
I know BX wont do it. for some reason RG3 Fans and Cam Fans are beefing now... and its foolish... most of the quarterbacks are white except for a few but these two have to be compared to each other only because of race..and their both very young players
You got to ask them Redskin fans about that....I honestly hope he does good for the Redskins and as a BLACK qb....I get tired of people always saying a BLACK QB can't win a Super Bowl...I hear the bull#### about Cam from white folks all the time at work...Like Sunday I say "What about Cam Newton 2 passing TDs and 1 rushing" "Oh he a ball hog"....WTF HE THREW 2 TDs....."But he still has a losing record"...Dudes can't be happy for.Cam and by the way RG3 playing this year if he doesn't come back next year and exceed this season folks going to be calling him a bust...just because...and people ignore the fact that Andrew Luck has had a WEAK schedule this year...they was already predicting he could get these many wins before the season from the weakness
 12-13-2012, 08:33 AMaway - #15
tmitch19 104 heat pts104

d 
space
$10,300 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Majestic_GMMB
You got to ask them Redskin fans about that....I honestly hope he does good for the Redskins and as a BLACK qb....I get tired of people always saying a BLACK QB can't win a Super Bowl...I hear the bull#### about Cam from white folks all the time at work...Like Sunday I say "What about Cam Newton 2 passing TDs and 1 rushing" "Oh he a ball hog"....WTF HE THREW 2 TDs....."But he still has a losing record"...Dudes can't be happy for.Cam and by the way RG3 playing this year if he doesn't come back next year and exceed this season folks going to be calling him a bust...just because...and people ignore the fact that Andrew Luck has had a WEAK schedule this year...they was already predicting he could get these many wins before the season from the weakness
Luck won 2 SB's b4 the combine...
 12-13-2012, 08:41 AMaway - #16
Mike Nitty 6 heat pts

d 
space
$18,954 | POWERFUL
Redskins fans making the same thread every week Jesus Christ we get it Bob don't wanna be black he wants Cam to rep for the ni##as and he gon try and squeeze his black a$s in the Good Ole Boy Network and they gon run his a$s out as soon as his as he play drop off.

Originally Posted by X_WunderKind_X
Man #### the Redskins bruh...i was a fan of Bob till the skins fans opened up they trap...You aint see not 1 Carolina/Cam fan go in on Bob till the other side said choose.

Originally Posted by Yinz N Burgh
Damn, he's pulling a Tiger Woods. I wonder where he will go in the 2013 Racial Draft
------------
 12-13-2012, 09:51 AMaway - #17
justinjones 244 heat pts244

d 
space
$42,887 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mike Nitty

Man #### the Redskins bruh...i was a fan of Bob till the skins fans opened up they trap...You aint see not 1 Carolina/Cam fan go in on Bob till the other side said choose.
so you gonna let the redskins fanbase not let you be a fan of rg3?

i like rg3 and im a damn cowboys fan
 12-13-2012, 09:53 AMonline - #18
RubbahBandMayn 

d 
space
$6,753 | POWERFUL
 12-13-2012, 09:54 AMaway - #19
TriniSoldier 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$40,696 | POWERFUL
they called em a cornball brother
 12-13-2012, 09:55 AMaway - #20
justinjones 244 heat pts244

d 
space
$42,887 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TriniSoldier
they called em a cornball brother
i knew rob parker was gonna say some sh!t

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Master Chief Collection has a 20 GB day one update
59 comments
NFL Bears Lose At Home; Postgame Locker Room "Ugly Scene"
77 comments
NBA Lakers Front Office are tired of Kobe Bryant
103 comments
 NBA Kobe Crossed Something Serious
New reply 1 minute ago - 133 comments - by mross16
  Omarion Breaks Up With Girlfriend Apryl After She Refu...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 160 comments - by weeknd44
  I Lowkey Miss The 06-07 Era
New reply 3 minutes ago - 150 comments - by Chalky
 Video inside White Chicago Drill Rapper
New reply 8 minutes ago - 77 comments - by sammy1990
 Image(s) inside Oct 19 - Ga Teen Forced To Ground At Gunpoint For Seat...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 68 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Image(s) inside Rick Lost
New reply 12 minutes ago - 54 comments - by tokinjohn
 NBA Kobe Bryant: The Lakers Downfall " He's Not As Go...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 94 comments - by MrHashTag
 Article inside 2014 Is First Year Ever With Zero Platinum-certified R...
New reply 23 minutes ago - 140 comments - by Fly or Die

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,828 fans of BX | none new today 4,789 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.