Raymond Felton - "I'm Better than Lin"

Raymond Felton - "I'm Better than Lin"
 07-20-2012, 12:38 AMaway - #41
X_WunderKind_X 852 heat pts852

d 
space
$25,564 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by 2 Pistolz
I watched plenty of Lin.... probably every time the Knicks played when the Heat weren't playing. I have League Pass and the Knicks are admittedly my second most watched team along with OKC.

What about my post is incorrect? The inability to bring the ball up the court while being pressured without turning it over? He had a couple of weeks of great offensive play and that was all she wrote. Terrible defender and I don't feel like looking it up but I'd be willing to bet that he ranked among the top in the league in turnovers per 48 minutes.

This is typical for a new player exploding onto the scene. Either he's really something special and keeps it going, or just had a nice run at the right time that ended once defenses began to figure him out. I'll go with the ladder because it was beyond obvious.
After the miami game on Feb 23, he got injured a month later March 24 against Detroit. He avg 14.9 PTS and 6.8 AST.

3.6 TO are troubling, but I didn't know that 2nd year undrafted PGs with only 12 games exp. are horrible with essentially 15 and 7. Not Linsanity, but those are not bad numbers.

And think about it. The Knicks have two Max 8+ yr veterans, but the person you're worried about is a green player with extremely limited experience in a rigid offense. Lin had 8 turnovers, but the fact that he was one that had to be "handled" is respect in itself. Any team that Carmelo Anthony's on and he's not the main focus? The league favorites two years in a row prided themselves on stopping Jeremy Lin who's now exposed because the best defense in the league does what it always does. Exposed? How about a bad game.

Last edited by X_WunderKind_X; 07-20-2012 at 12:44 AM..
 07-20-2012, 12:40 AMonline - #42
Thworldisyours 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$2,072 | 16541347
Of course, Felton is better than Lin at this point in time...

He's been in the league for SIX YEARS!!! Lin hasn't played for six months yet!

Now, who knows, Lin might have more of an upside. He might be the next Steve Nash / Magic Johnson / Etc. I dont know. I hope he is.

But the Knicks dont have the time, patience, or the personnel to wait for Jeremy Lin to catch up. (Why do you think they're signing vets like Kidd, Camby and Thomas?)

Not talking about anyone here, but the average NBA fan DOES NOT watch entire regular season games in ####in February and March. I do. If you watched Sportscenter and the highlights around that time, you would've thought Lin is Steve Nash NOW.

He's not. Not yet anyway. There were times this year when I was biting my nails hoping he wouldn't turn the ball over. Praying he wouldn't turn the ball over! I was doing that against the Heat, the Celtics... and yes... The Raptors....

The same Raptors he defeated with that amazing shot. The highlights didnt show the first half of that game when Calderon was SCHOOLING HIS a$s! They conveniently left that part out.

Raymond Felton is better than Lin in every statistical category imaginable at this point.

He BETTER ####in say he's better lmfao....
 07-20-2012, 12:49 AMaway - #43
mrbelvy 

d 
space
$688 | 313018
He Is tho. Maybe not in betta shape with Man Boobies... But "U Know how Black ni##az Get"
 07-20-2012, 01:23 AMaway - #44
newark4lyfe3 6 heat pts

d 
space
$320 | 5141177
“I am a competitor, I am a point guard just like he is, so do I think I am better? Of course, I am going to say that,” Felton said. “I think I am better than any point guard.That's the way I am supposed to think. But at the same time it's nothing personal between me and Jeremy. But people are going to make it about that. I am fine with that.”

“(This team) is good enough for the Finals. This is a contending team without a doubt,” Felton said. “That's the way I am supposed to feel
two things: 1.its funny how he said people are going to make into exactly what the threadstarter did, take his words out of context

2. why is this ni##a sayin "thats the way im SUPPOSED to think" and "thats the way I am supposed to feel" as if hes just following the guidelines of what hes intended to do...like of course, if my boss were to ask me if my like my job, regardless if i hate it or not, Im supposed to say i love it
 07-20-2012, 01:38 AMaway - #45
cheguevara 47 heat pts47

d 
space
$13,423 | POWERFUL
anyone who tries to say LIN is better than RAYMOND is on bath salts.

lin played like what....24 games?

felton had an all star season with the knicks. let him get back in shape and he gonna have a good season.
 07-20-2012, 03:13 AMaway - #46
CosbySweater 178 heat pts178

d 
space
$22,657 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by refuze
Felton has no upside. He is what he is at this point.

Would have been a smarter move to keep Lin.
 07-20-2012, 03:45 AMonline - #47
Kobane 135 heat pts135

d 
space
$11,524 | POWERFUL
Mike Bibby >>>>>>> Lin & Melo eating partner
 07-20-2012, 04:31 AMaway - #48
XPectNoMercy 

d 
space
$353 | 999413
Felton is below average guard. Lin had more upside and knicks were fools not to match offer.
 07-20-2012, 05:35 AMaway - #49
Seb.201 

d 
space
$378 | 1149599
yeah they would make the money back off the Lin jersey sales alone. you know how many people were rockin those linsanity shirts i dont see one dude rockin a felton shirt. Lin could turn out to be an all star you guys haven't even given the guy a complete season. he is getting over paid but in a leauge that pays brook lopez 61 mil and gives jason kidd 9 mil for three years when u know he cant play more than another year why not match the offer. Lin > Felton all day even if he rides the bench for three years you know how much money off the marketing he would've made Dolan. Knicks lost.
 07-20-2012, 07:01 AMaway - #50
Ace2125 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$4,080 | 16806206
I think Felton is a better fit and so is Jason Kidd. The Knicks don't need a scoring pg taking possessions out of Melo and Amari. They need someone to set them up
 07-20-2012, 07:07 AMaway - #51
bigree61 

d 
space
$13,380 | POWERFUL
only people who dont play basketball think lin is better than felton

lin will never avg. 17 n 9 in a 82 game NBA season

knick should be so ####ing happy right now not only do you get felton but you also get amare back with him
 07-20-2012, 07:18 AMaway - #52
rdrake 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$6,111 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by White Face
true.

felton is below avg but lin is trash due to the turnovers.

felton at this point wont win you many games but lin will lose you a couple.
I wouldn't say Lin is trash....if that was the case he wouldn't be getting paid more than your whole family put together....you know it's true
 07-20-2012, 07:33 AMaway - #53
TroyNY 

d 
space
$547 | 2047740
#### outta here. ni##a been on more teams than
kwame brown.... fat a$s ni##a
 07-20-2012, 07:56 AMaway - #54
Bullseye 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$6,941 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TroyNY
#### outta here. ni##a been on more teams than
kwame brown.... fat a$s ni##a
/thread
 07-20-2012, 08:10 AMaway - #55
Mike Nitty 6 heat pts

d 
space
$19,003 | POWERFUL
Yea Ok Felton...remember I seen you up close and personal in Charlotte.
 07-20-2012, 08:13 AMaway - #56
JugernoT 

d 
space
$1,296 | 2706224
Lin had what? 26-30 good games in his career thus far.. all happening last season after everyone other new york point guard was injured... Felton has been an above average play maker his career and only had one bad season. I hope the best for Lin, but he has far more to prove than Felton.
 07-20-2012, 08:17 AMaway - #57
MistaKlean 

d 
space
$2,469 | 6540716
didn't jeremy lin put up better avg's last year than felton has EVER put up in a season his entire nba career? and Lin's avg's INCLUDED all the games he played like 5 minutes in earlier in the season before starting which bumped down his #'s - and still finished like 14-6
 07-20-2012, 08:19 AMaway - #58
Piccolo 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,943 | 8828580
Felton himself was overrated in his short stint with the NYK. I mean if he ever got back to the shape he was in his college years he could be an above average pg but that will never happen. Hes been a huge bust his entire career and if u wanna know the real felton go watch his bobcat games. Lin himself gotta prove his 24 games wasnt a fluke. Anyways felton saying hes better dont mean ####, cause new yorks pg situation still looks bad.
 07-20-2012, 08:21 AMaway - #59
Piccolo 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,943 | 8828580
Originally Posted by 2 Pistolz
If he gets in shape he could be, but I don't know how he'll be able to avoid junk food teaming up with Melo. I mean, it's really not much of an accomplishment to be better than Jeremy Lin to begin with. He's an average basketball player when it's all said and done. He had his moments of shine before teams gathered enough film to begin figuring him out, and after that the bull#### hype machine was all over with. Lin is nothing more than a premature ejaculation. Dude's a turnover machine -- he's every opponent capable of getting out in transition's dream.

He got exposed by Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole. Enough said.
Its been 7 years since hes been in good shape

ITS NEVER HAPPENING.
 07-20-2012, 08:40 AMaway - #60
jsanity4 

d 
space
$73 | 195391

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 23 - Ebola in NYC
63 comments
Image inside  white girl got azz!!!!!!
66 comments
Image inside  Klay Thompson Still Winning Yoooooooooooooooooo!
132 comments
 Image(s) inside After All These Halloweens, I Never Knew (mind Blown)
New reply 2 minutes ago - 70 comments - by italiansteve
  Phil Spencer On Whether He Would Have Made Xbox One Mo...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 87 comments - by Da Ill One
 Image(s) inside Drake Fires Back At Tyga
New reply 3 minutes ago - 101 comments - by Frankybaby
 Video inside Gay Rumor Control: Tyrese Responds To Spanky’s Gay Acc...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 159 comments - by ajeana
 NCAAF Notre Dame Freshman Wr Justin Brent Dating Legendary F...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 135 comments - by theFREAK
 Video inside Age Of Ultron Trailer 1
New reply 32 minutes ago - 250 comments - by Jesszman
  Tay600 Calls Interscope’s Decision To Drop Chief Keef ...
New reply 16 minutes ago - 99 comments - by GLOCKN SKIMASK
 Video inside Video Of The Interview That Set Off The 50/cam Beef (c...
New reply 40 minutes ago - 55 comments - by EZ Green

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,797 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.