This is BX @ Boxden.com


Ray Allen calls lockout “Almost Embarrassing”


 Ray Allen calls lockout “Almost Embarrassing”
topic by Bradley88 - 07-07-2011, 11:48 AM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter


Ray Allen calls lockout “almost embarrassing”

Note to Ray Allen, take the almost out of your quote and you are spot on.

In the end, the lockout is embarrassing, which is almost what he told CSN New England.

“I look at Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Dr. J, and . . . the money we make, not only us as players but as owners, the money that’s in the loop is so outstanding it’s almost embarrassing that we can make this type of money and we still haggle over what we haggle over.

“It’s important that the game is at an all-time high, and those players in the [1970s] and 80s that generation, they built us to this point that we can afford the salaries that we all afford. We just have to always remember that we have to take the game to the next level, we gotta know that this is bigger than us, and we gotta make sure the game continues to grow.”


Taking the game to the next level is not the same as making sure player salaries stay astronomical. Everyone is going to have to compromise here. Everyone is going to have to give up something — probably more than they want.

It is about the game, I hope someone remembers that.



http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...sing%E2%80%9D/


Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

73 comments for "Ray Allen calls lockout “Almost Embarrassing”"


 07-07-2011, 11:52 AMaway - #2
Ca$h Out 33 heat pts33

  d 
space
$24,439 | POWERFUL


the words of wisdom that comes out of this mans mouth...
 07-07-2011, 11:53 AMonline - #3
Cambury 15 heat pts15

  d 
space
$22,687 | POWERFUL
ni##as up in age and get righteous. disappointed that Ray doesn't show offense to the owners closing the door on them.

Im going to bump this thread when his checks stop coming in and he talks about the owners being wrong for what they are doing.
 07-07-2011, 11:55 AMaway - #4
Ca$h Out 33 heat pts33

  d 
space
$24,439 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bradley88
we have to take the game to the next level, we gotta know that this is bigger than us, and we gotta make sure the game continues to grow

It is about the game, I hope someone remembers that
 07-07-2011, 11:56 AMaway - #5
Tempus # 1 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$17,346 | POWERFUL
Travis Outlaw makes more money than Jordan did
 07-07-2011, 12:05 PMaway - #6
beantown 74 heat pts74

  d 
space
$23,370 | POWERFUL
He's right, and they should be embarrassed. Most of these guys aren't like Ray though, they're entitled crybabies who think everything should be given to them. Look at guys like Baron Davis who make 15,16 million per year and being all stuck up about which team they're gonna play for They've all been tainted by money to the point where the game is secondary and the fans are irrelevant (that goes to players and owners).

Football is a little different IMO because it's a life threatening sport, but with basketball it just seems like 90% of these guys are self-important divas who think the world owes them something.
 07-07-2011, 12:07 PMaway - #7
THEINFAMOUS 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$35,144 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Tempus # 1
Travis Outlaw makes more money than Jordan did
gtfoh.
 07-07-2011, 12:07 PMaway - #8
SpyDa 154 heat pts154

  d 
space
$9,641 | POWERFUL
ray speak truth them damn buzzer beaters he drop are worth floor seats... to damn bad every got damn time he comes my way he's never forced to hit one because they blowing the team out.
 07-07-2011, 12:07 PMaway - #9
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97

  d 
space
$4,289 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bradley88
Ray Allen calls lockout “almost embarrassing”

Note to Ray Allen, take the almost out of your quote and you are spot on.

In the end, the lockout is embarrassing, which is almost what he told CSN New England.

“I look at Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Dr. J, and . . . the money we make, not only us as players but as owners, the money that’s in the loop is so outstanding it’s almost embarrassing that we can make this type of money and we still haggle over what we haggle over.

“It’s important that the game is at an all-time high, and those players in the [1970s] and 80s that generation, they built us to this point that we can afford the salaries that we all afford. We just have to always remember that we have to take the game to the next level, we gotta know that this is bigger than us, and we gotta make sure the game continues to grow.”


Taking the game to the next level is not the same as making sure player salaries stay astronomical. Everyone is going to have to compromise here. Everyone is going to have to give up something — probably more than they want.

It is about the game, I hope someone remembers that.






Players making millions playing a game and they complaining...took me a while to get back to B-ball after the last lockout...it'll be more with this one...
 07-07-2011, 12:28 PMaway - #10
DEDOS 97 heat pts97

  d 
space
$42,057 | POWERFUL
ya lets make the players go back to getting paid what the old timers used to get paid


lets give these billion dollar owners more yachts and mansions in every country in the world
 07-07-2011, 01:01 PMonline - #11
Armen87 117 heat pts117

  d 
space
$10,279 | POWERFUL
 07-07-2011, 01:12 PMaway - #12
SmoothTay 21 heat pts21

  d 
space
$16,730 | POWERFUL
 07-07-2011, 01:19 PMaway - #13
That Guy Fly 17 heat pts17

  d 
space
$45,287 | POWERFUL
Ray isnt the only player that feels like this. It's others but they just dont wanna p#ss of the players union by voicing this because they are supposed to all be for the common goal of keeping each other paid as much as possible regardless of any other ####.

Trust me, it will be some guys coming out later that say the same kind of stuff.
 07-07-2011, 01:28 PMaway - #14
turntabledj 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,417 | 6993547
Originally Posted by Tempus # 1
Travis Outlaw makes more money than Jordan did
MJ made 30+ million per season his last few years... IN THE 90's - aint nobody f*ckin' with that
 07-07-2011, 03:36 PMaway - #15
Rendition 35 heat pts35

  d 
space
$10,614 | POWERFUL
Real spit
 07-07-2011, 03:42 PMaway - #16
wjcorner 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$7,430 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by P. Dedos
ya lets make the players go back to getting paid what the old timers used to get paid


lets give these billion dollar owners more yachts and mansions in every country in the world
because the players are putting money into the team, right? because the players are taking financial risks playing in the NBA
 07-07-2011, 03:52 PMaway - #17
Tempus # 1 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$17,346 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by turntabledj
MJ made 30+ million per season his last few years... IN THE 90's - aint nobody f*ckin' with that
His last few years was a part of this era. for most of his career he wasnt making as much as you think he would if you compare it to todays contracts
 07-07-2011, 03:54 PMaway - #18
Dee Grande 893 heat pts893

  d 
space
$18,406 | POWERFUL
i bet he's savoring every penny of those $10 mil checks though...
 07-07-2011, 04:05 PMaway - #19
dubs07 

  d 
space
$731 | 1509724
see what happens when you go to uconn...you come out educated and speaking with reason....hate the celtics....but respect to Ray Allen and to him speaking the truth.
 07-07-2011, 04:13 PMaway - #20
Saintaholic 82 heat pts82

  d 
space
$17,325 | POWERFUL
Ray doesn't say much but when he does its the truth.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Kobe looking far from Flabby
61 comments
NBA Carmelo Anthony QUOTE OF THE YEAR!!!!
57 comments
MLB Oakland A's biggest choke artist's in Sports?
65 comments
 Image(s) inside G-unit Is On The Cover Of Xxl’s New Issue
New reply 23 seconds ago - 70 comments - by A.Dot789
 Image(s) inside Birdman Aint Playing No Games!
New reply 10 minutes ago - 67 comments - by Shadiah
 Image(s) inside Trick Daddy Celebrates His Birthday With #lhhatl’s Mim...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 87 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Video inside Acting Hard On Tv Goes Wrong!
New reply 13 minutes ago - 57 comments - by majestykagiso
 Video inside Forza Horizon 2 |ot| The Only Club For Driving You'll ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 149 comments - by Remy Lebeaw
 Article inside T.i. Protégé Doe B’s Gravesite “disturbed” By Culprits
New reply 16 minutes ago - 55 comments - by sdot216
  Sep 30 - Two Female High School Teachers Accused Of Se...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 143 comments - by Blockburner28
 Video inside Taken 3 Trailer
New reply 18 minutes ago - 71 comments - by Scallinno

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,817 fans of BX | none new today 4,800 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.