This is BX @ Boxden.com

Rachel Nicholes Leaves ESPN

Rachel Nicholes Leaves ESPN
topic by Rawfury - 01-25-2013, 10:23 AM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

Rachel Nichols, a reporter with ESPN for nine years, is leaving for sports roles at CNN and Turner Sports.

With her new employers, Nichols will anchor a new weekend sports program on CNN beginning later this year and handle a variety of a$signments across sports for Turner Sports, including the NBA and Major League Baseball.

She also will cover major events such as the Olympics. Her first a$signment will be covering the upcoming Super Bowl for CNN.

"You can characterize this move as an effort to increase sports programming on CNN," network spokeswoman Christa Robinson said.

In a statement, Nichols said: "I couldn't be more excited."

ESPN has not responded to a request for comment from USA TODAY Sports.

Before joining ESPN, Nichols worked for The Washington Post and the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel.

In a tweet Thursday, Nichols says she "couldn''t be more grateful for my time at ESPN."

At ESPN, Nichols worked as a correspondent for SportsCenter, Sunday NFL Countdown, NBA Countdown and E:60, as well covering the sidelines for NFL studio shows and on a number of Monday Night Football games.

Miami Heat forward LeBron James tweeted: "Congrats to @Rachel__Nichols on the new gig!! Best of luck to you"

Rachel Nichols leaving ESPN for CNN

Rachel Nichols Leaves ESPN For CNN, Turner Sports - TVNewser

People are leaving espn every month now?
Edit: inb4lebronhitit and mispelled her last name :\
> Rachel Nicholes Leaves ESPN - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!> Rachel Nicholes Leaves ESPN - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Latest Sports Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

94 comments for "Rachel Nicholes Leaves ESPN"

01-25-2013, 10:29 AMaway - #2
X_WunderKind_X 852 heat pts852

d 
space
$24,590 | POWERFUL
I've heard when your deep in, ESPN got some BS going on that make you not wanna work there... people stay leaving from there
 01-25-2013, 10:42 AMonline - #3
Rawfury 58 heat pts58

d 
space
$3,839 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by X_WunderKind_X
I've heard when your deep in, ESPN got some BS going on that make you not wanna work there... people stay leaving from there
I mean i understand its a job people will come and go but #### it seems like one or two a month
 01-25-2013, 10:46 AMaway - #4

d 
space
$24,590 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Rawfury
I mean i understand its a job people will come and go but #### it seems like one or two a month
ESPN seems fun on the outside, but on the inside #### must be stressful... ESPN people are like mini celebrities and I'm sure they head is stuck up off camera.

There was a book that an old ESPN employee wrote... I gotta find that ####

EDIT: here an excerpt from josh elliot about ESPN stealing stories:
A couple months back at the Blogs With Balls Conference, former SportsCenter host, Josh Elliott (now with Good Morning America), confirmed what many sports media enthusiasts had concluded for quite some time.

ESPN would often confirm already broken stories without attributing the story to another media organization. Andrew Bucholtz was one of many in attendance who took note of the revelation as this seemingly standard practice hadn't really been confronted or confirmed in any way.

"Elliott also criticized ESPN for its decision to start putting Chris Mortensen "reports" that were reworkings of other organizations' football stories on their ticker.

"They just started stealing scoops," he said. "It was a practice I never agreed with. ... I felt horrible."

Elliott said he made his concerns known to his bosses, but they never went too far.

"It’s such a big place," he said.

Elliott deserves thorough props for being willing to criticize his employer in front of an audience. It was one of the most interesting moments of the day, and one that gave me a great deal of respect for him. The rest of the panel was notable as well, though."

Last edited by X_WunderKind_X; 01-25-2013 at 10:49 AM..
 01-25-2013, 10:48 AMaway - #5
Kobane 135 heat pts135

d 
space
$11,203 | POWERFUL
so damnn s3xy... i mean so damn hard to see her go
 01-25-2013, 10:49 AMaway - #6
purtayboi 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,680 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Rawfury
ESPN seems fun on the outside, but on the inside #### must be stressful... ESPN people are like mini celebrities and I'm sure they head is stuck up off camera.

Dan Patrick would agree with this.
 01-25-2013, 10:53 AMaway - #7
Patrick Galooly 7 heat pts

d 
space
$4,462 | POWERFUL
Something about her rat face always bothered me.
 01-25-2013, 10:58 AMonline - #8
VerbalAssassin 92 heat pts92

d 
space
$12,297 | POWERFUL

EDIT: here an excerpt from josh elliot about ESPN stealing stories:
To add on to that, Jay Glazer went at ESPN's head about them not giving him credit for being the one who broke the story first on Sean Payton getting that contract extension
 01-25-2013, 11:01 AMaway - #9

d 
space
$24,590 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by VerbalAssassin
To add on to that, Jay Glazer went at ESPN's head about them not giving him credit for being the one who broke the story first on Sean Payton getting that contract extension
when the Dwight howard trade thing was happening, the yahoo boys was murd3ring ESPN and broussard on leads and all they would do was say sources....

you know where yall got that #### from.

ESPN is cool sometimes, but they've cornered the market which allows them to do some foul #### because they are too ingrained in the sports culture
 01-25-2013, 11:04 AMaway - #10
That Guy Fly 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$44,665 | POWERFUL
Nah, her rep was getting around the company and she needed to separate herself from a situation. Shouldn't be long before Chuck and Kenny hitting it.
 01-25-2013, 11:08 AMonline - #11
#JewLife 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$11,577 | POWERFUL
Not gonna miss the way she says the letter N.

"E-S-P-Ennnnnnnnnnnnnn"
 01-25-2013, 11:38 AMaway - #12
SoFresh170 23 heat pts23

d 
space
$9,976 | POWERFUL
Sucks to see her go honestly. They gotta be paying her more at her new spot. ESPN got some up and coming better looking hoes though. A while back I seen some #### that was talking about how models are starting to take training or go to school for some time and then become newscasters and work for these companies for tv time.
 01-25-2013, 11:42 AMonline - #13
joshdogg26 131 heat pts131

d 
space
$24,078 | POWERFUL
sad that a lot of good basketball writers have gotten hired away to work for ESPN too. now their content will probably suffer .

the one great thing that happened was that a guy i know who did analytics for the grizzlies took a full-time gig for the 6ers, so they hired hollinger's dumbass to take his spot in memphis. now we don't have to be subjected to that crap.
 01-25-2013, 11:50 AMaway - #14
MistaKlean 

d 
space
$2,460 | 6540716
always found her annoying. no love lost.
 01-25-2013, 11:51 AMonline - #15
Maroon_Tiger 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$40,863 | POWERFUL
josina anderson bout to take her spot

Last edited by Maroon_Tiger; 01-26-2013 at 06:53 AM..
 01-25-2013, 11:58 AMonline - #16
CosbySweater 175 heat pts175

d 
space
$21,680 | POWERFUL
Love this red head ####.... but she ain't ####in with the wifey

01-25-2013, 12:02 PMonline - #17
ReggieA 187 heat pts187

d 
space
$31,964 | POWERFUL
ESPN is turning into a stepping stone to get into the industry. Look how fast their top people are leaving for better jobs once they hit their peak there.
 01-25-2013, 12:09 PMaway - #18
Youngin19 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$5,412 | POWERFUL
Bron beat them guts, no doubt about it...if I was him I'd be trying to smash Charissa too
 01-25-2013, 12:19 PMonline - #19
justinjones 241 heat pts241

d 
space
$42,647 | POWERFUL
i think these other companies are just paying more/giving them better situations

she was a correspondent for almost a decade now she got her own show
 01-25-2013, 12:20 PMonline - #20
justinjones 241 heat pts241

d 
space
$42,647 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by CosbySweater
Love this red head ####.... but she ain't ####in with the wifey

you know marcellus is trying his best to smash since sportsnation is now in l.a

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL Rams will NOT add Michael Sam to practice squad
55 comments
NFL No Bias: Cam, Kaep or Rivers?
51 comments
NFL Official Predict your squads record thread.
69 comments
 Image(s) inside Apparently Dude "tried" To Snatch Quavo (mig...
New reply 49 seconds ago - 113 comments - by Just Jimmy
  So, Yeah.. A Little Worried About "the Order: 188...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 56 comments - by Ctrllers
  Actress Judy Greer Was A Hollywood Plant To Ruin M.kni...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 59 comments - by JaYYo
  Aug 31 - Breaking: Celebrity Nude Leak
New reply 19 minutes ago - 290 comments - by AlienGod
 Article inside Floyd Mayweather Sr: 50 Cent Should Fight My Son, That...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 145 comments - by yo0123yo
 Video inside The Truth About Beats By Dre!!! (mkbhd)
New reply 22 minutes ago - 155 comments - by calviiin
 Article inside Drake Signs Ilovemakonnen To Ovo
New reply 4 minutes ago - 82 comments - by PotheadFocker
  Aug 31 - 9-year-old Is Executed: Where's The Outrage?
New reply 23 minutes ago - 97 comments - by pa_general

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.