Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Phoenix Suns Sign Goran Dragic 4 years $34 millie

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
185 viewing
 Beware hungry Meek is a problem, XXL- Ice Cream Freestyle better
90 comments
most viewed right now
126 viewing
 Jay-z planning to leave Tidal due to lack of funding
81 comments

top in section
108 viewing
 Image inside That Yoga MILF
top in eyecandy
top in section
36 viewing
 The 25 Best Black Sitcoms of All Time
top in movies

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Phoenix Suns Sign Goran Dragic 4 years $34 millie
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #41
Bleezy 7 heat pts space
avatar space
Everyone Who Isn't Us...
space
$11,071 | POWERFUL
Damn, I wanted to keep him... but that price tag is a bit much.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #42
CrapShoota 16 heat pts16 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$3,207 | POWERFUL
I didnt say stats didnt matter I just dont put much stock into it because it doesnt tell the whole story. It doesnt take into account team structure, game plan and other circumstances. I guess it's not the stats I have a problem with rather than the way they are interpreted. I dont need to look at a stat sheet to show me whose a better player. Judging how good certain players are at making plays and passing has to be judged by the nekkid eye rather than stats. Observation of basketball is actually watching it and understanding what players are doing to help/impact to win the games.

A player can have a great rebounding game sometimes just by being in the right spots, not from great hustle. A player might not get a bunch of rebounds, but he is hustling so much and doing so many of the little things that it results in rebounds for the team. Player can get 10 rebounds that looks like a good line when really they were just grabbing defensive rebounds that didn't amount to anything special. While another person could grab five rebounds which doesn't look as good, yet they were all offensive rebounds.

Defense is important to me, gary payton played in george karl run n gun and he played defense. You can never show me how good a player is on defense by showing rebounds,blocks and steals there's no way i'm falling for it. Defensive specialists don't get their credit since the only basic defensive stats tracked are steals and blocks. Some players just cant play D I dont care what the coach is asking out of you. The coach can scheme up a team defense that can help cover some of your flaws.

Last edited by CrapShoota; 07-05-2012 at 04:25 AM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #43
TriniSoldier 55 heat pts55 space
avatar space
GOAT
space
$40,697 | POWERFUL
why they draft marshall then

damn crapshoota making n*ggas his son up in here
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #44
ManWithoutFear! 2 heat pts space
avatar space
If it wasnt 4 Da Bronx...
space
$9,189 | POWERFUL
Thats baby Nash right there. Good, I can still rock with the Suns when 2K13 drops.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #45
DEDOS 105 heat pts105 space
avatar space
3 of dem Trophs Boy
space
$47,407 | POWERFUL
is there something to be said that the suns didnt even want nash back and moved on to some younger player for the same price at point guard . maybe they are right maybe they wrong guess we will see
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #46
X_WunderKind_X 874 heat pts874 space
avatar space
NYK/OAK
space
$30,243 | POWERFUL
DontHateDaGreat said:
Dragic >>>>>>> Lin the turnover machine

Once lowry got that gastroenteritis and dragic got starters minutes he was BEASTING and had a bum ankle for the last half of his starts. Lin was overrated and got shut down in his biggest test against the heat (a good defense team unlike the others he faced).

Hell I'd keep lowry over lin. He and martin have problems with the coach but with dragic gone you need lowry or a decent replacement...a straight up lin for lowry swap is a loss for the rockets
why can't you just say Dragic > Lin. And I guess the Lakers and Mavs aren't decent defensive teams. Oh and Philly too. n*ggas are so lazy with the reasoning. I swear n*ggas can't have one bad game yo, all of the sudden the work they put in doesn't matter.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #47
JaYYo 22 heat pts22 space
avatar space
jayyo.bandcamp.com
space
$6,170 | POWERFUL
1992 said:
Dragic
Gordon
Beasly
Morris
Gortat

I don't know about yall but that team looks nice. Playoff bound, main finally can be happy.
You think this is a playoff squad?
Has Dragic ever avg even 18 let alone 20 ppg in his career wtf are u dudes hyped about
Sike na but dude has skills I have seen him play question is can he take it to that next level he been in the league 4yrs he def has the possibility of being an 18ppg atleast in his first breakout yr but LETS SEE

Last edited by JaYYo; 07-05-2012 at 08:40 AM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #48
Jets Fool 49 heat pts49 space
avatar space
Registered User
space
$2,440 | POWERFUL
all3rd said:
Going to Hornets in sign and trade
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #49
beeboywhoo 18 heat pts18 space
avatar space
Jettt lifeee
space
$2,878 | 16432292
JaYYo said:
You think this is a playoff squad?
Has Dragic ever avg even 18 let alone 20 ppg in his career wtf are u dudes hyped about
Sike na but dude has skills I have seen him play question is can he take it to that next level he been in the league 4yrs he def has the possibility of being an 18ppg atleast in his first breakout yr but LETS SEE
Do you know its pretty hard to average 20 ppg? some Pgs that dont average 20 ppg:

Chris paul
Jennings
Parker
Lawson
wall
Etc..

in fact the only pg's to average more than 20 ppg is Westbrook and Williams you stupid.

Dragic for under 10 mil is a steal.. #blazerslost
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #50
Rique 31 heat pts31 space
avatar space
Life is Flippin Fun
space
$27,264 | POWERFUL
ESPN is now saying the deal is 4 years 30 mill if so thats a steal
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #51
beeboywhoo 18 heat pts18 space
avatar space
Jettt lifeee
space
$2,878 | 16432292
major steal, they must have convinced dragic on some good things.. #sunswon
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #52
Veno da Don 4 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$15,631 | POWERFUL
CrapShoota said:
I didnt say stats didnt matter I just dont put much stock into it because it doesnt tell the whole story. It doesnt take into account team structure, game plan and other circumstances. I guess it's not the stats I have a problem with rather than the way they are interpreted. I dont need to look at a stat sheet to show me whose a better player. Judging how good certain players are at making plays and passing has to be judged by the nekkid eye rather than stats. Observation of basketball is actually watching it and understanding what players are doing to help/impact to win the games.

A player can have a great rebounding game sometimes just by being in the right spots, not from great hustle. A player might not get a bunch of rebounds, but he is hustling so much and doing so many of the little things that it results in rebounds for the team. Player can get 10 rebounds that looks like a good line when really they were just grabbing defensive rebounds that didn't amount to anything special. While another person could grab five rebounds which doesn't look as good, yet they were all offensive rebounds.

Defense is important to me, gary payton played in george karl run n gun and he played defense. You can never show me how good a player is on defense by showing rebounds,blocks and steals there's no way i'm falling for it. Defensive specialists don't get their credit since the only basic defensive stats tracked are steals and blocks. Some players just cant play D I dont care what the coach is asking out of you. The coach can scheme up a team defense that can help cover some of your flaws.
This^

Blacknitro said:
1. Stats do define players. Without stats, it would just be all bias/opinion/guessing/bullsh*t. The stats is the proof. Saying stats don't matter is like saying DNA don't matter in a r*pe case or fingerprints on the gun don't matter in a murder case. Were just going to give our opinion on rather or not the person is a murderer or rapist based on their looks, their personality and their movements.

A person's defense shows up in rebounds, blocks and steals. It may not tell a complete story of their defense but it shows you if you're lookin at a hustler or not. It shows you how much heart a player has. There are also stats on how many points a player gives up and stuff like that. There are stats that don't go public or at least not the general public.

2. Just because stats define players, doesn't make a GM's job easy. He still has to persuade free agents to join his team, while up to 30 other GMs are also doing the same thing with the same free agents. He still has make trades that other teams are willing to accept. He still has to balance the teams salary cap. He still has to hire a good coach. He still has to make good draft picks. (Unfortunatly ppl draft off potential instead of stats and then got the nerve to get mad when the player turns into a bust). Nothing surprising about a guy who scored less than 15ppg in college becoming a NBA flop. It's not even a flop to me. Just a guy who didn't earn his spot in the draft (if he was drafted high).

3. I never said anything about anyone's defense. It's not that important to me. If the coach wants u to play defense, u playin defense. Simple as that. Look at how Dallas didn't play any Defense at one point when Don Nelson was the coach. Then Avery Johnson became the coach and those very same non-defensive a.ss players ended up playing arguably the best defense in the league.

4. You're not suppose to play great defense in a run and gun offense. How many Don Nelson teams, George Karl teams or in this case - D'Antoni teams are famous for playing D??? That's not his game plan, so it's not the players game plan either. Players play D, if the coach wants them too. Ray Allen and Paul Pierce were never considered good defenders. But guess what....since Doc Rivers demands D, they play D. Simple as that. Defense starts with the coach. Not the players. If the coach lets them getaway with bullsh*t then they will. It's like an employer letting ppl show up a minute or 2 late regularly. They'll just keep doin it. I've witnessed it.
Not so much this^
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #53
CrapShoota 16 heat pts16 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$3,207 | POWERFUL
I guess DeMarcus cousins is a better defender/hustler and has more heart than joakim noah, tyson chandler, kevin garnett and josh smith going by your logic.

Bruce bowen with raw ability and naturally good are you serious? He did 2 things hit the occasional 3 and lock down on D he was the definition of hard work and heart. Rebounding has very little if any importance on a defender ability thats crazy. A.I would lead the league in steals and he never made NBA first team defense, he got them by gambling and getting into passing lanes that doesnt make you a good defender. This is because when a player goes for a lot steals there is gonna be some steals he doesnt get and thus leaves his teammates vulnerable and the opponent usually scores. Where is the stat for Steals attempted? GP called the glove bc he would man up and rip your sh*t from under you along with artest.

Also what stat shows that you created a turnover? Steals just show you got a turnover that doesnt mean you created it. You can pressure the ball and force a player into a bad pass, you can lead a player into a double team to pick up his dribble, charges arent shown in box score, when player takes a bad shot bc of good defense isnt in the stat sheet. You can block a shot and the team still gets the ball and scores or block shot out of bounds and team retains possession.

Last edited by CrapShoota; 07-05-2012 at 12:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #54
xclusive2k5  space
avatar space
mr . 'FRESH'
space
$3,991 | 5386535
he loves PHX, he clearly didnt like the fact he got traded in the first place, it was a known fact he was going to go back, Goran has the potential to be a BEAST, lets just see what else PHX brings to the team
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #55
JaYYo 22 heat pts22 space
avatar space
jayyo.bandcamp.com
space
$6,170 | POWERFUL
beeboywhoo said:
Do you know its pretty hard to average 20 ppg? some Pgs that dont average 20 ppg:

Chris paul
Jennings
Parker
Lawson
wall
Etc..

in fact the only pg's to average more than 20 ppg is Westbrook and Williams you stupid.

Dragic for under 10 mil is a steal.. #blazerslost
The only PGs to avg more then 20 are Westbrook and Williams?
So you just gonna leave Rose off the list and Monta Ellis u dumb idiot get ur facts str8 and go to espn.com and check
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #56
respectrayallen  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$359 | 1638683
Blacknitro said:
Bowen is still one of the top 10 defenders to ever play the game.
Oh hell no
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > BX SportsCenter
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
42 viewing
Image inside What One Can Of Coke Does To Your Body In Only One Hour
213 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
35 viewing
Image inside AR-AB Signed W/ Drake's OVO?
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
33 viewing
Video inside Doctors killed for creating cure for cancer and autism.
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
27 viewing
Celebrity Reactions to Back to Back
251 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Image inside What rapper had the best jewelry?
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
21 viewing
Audio inside Drake - Back To Back Freestyle (Shots at Meek Mill)
1889 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
17 viewing
Windows 10 download
195 comments
@tech
most viewed right now
16 viewing
DipSet Dropping A Mixtape Tomorrow With No Hype At All.
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside Savemeekmill.com
240 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time