This is BX @ Boxden.com


Pau Gasol is in Rockets radar, but Lakers want Kyle Lowry


 Pau Gasol is in Rockets radar, but Lakers want Kyle Lowry
topic by Avon_Barksdale - 02-10-2012, 07:59 AM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter


The Houston Rockets still have a longing for Gasol, but the Lakers would want a player the Rockets are most reluctant to part with: point guard Kyle Lowry. The Lakers could probably pry a combination of Kevin Martin and Luis Scola for Gasol, league sources said, but it’s doubtful they’ll move Gasol without solving their point guard problem. Lowry has developed into one of the league’s finest point guards, but Rockets general manager Daryl Morey isn’t trading him.

So, the Lakers will keep probing the market, waiting. Bryant has patience, because he believes in GM Mitch Kupchak. Nevertheless, there’s fear the Buss boys are dictating basketball policy now, and that’s been apparent in the glumness front-office peers and agents sense from Kupchak when they speak to him.

For now, the Lakers have been looking over some recent workout tapes of free agent Gilbert Arenas and will likely watch him work out in person in the next few days. Still, Bryant mostly speaks about his belief in the Lakers’ frontline and the need to clean up the sloppiness and missed execution in fourth quarters.
Rockets have a longing for Pau Gasol, Lakers ask Lowry in exchange | NBA | USA | Sportando


Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

82 comments for "Pau Gasol is in Rockets radar, but Lakers want Kyle Lowry"


 02-10-2012, 08:04 AMaway - #2
TriniSoldier 55 heat pts55

  d 
space
$40,696 | POWERFUL
lowry and martin.
 02-10-2012, 08:13 AMaway - #3
A.G 27 heat pts27

  d 
space
$36,670 | POWERFUL
Lowry, Martin & Scola
 02-10-2012, 08:14 AMaway - #4
TriniSoldier 55 heat pts55

  d 
space
$40,696 | POWERFUL
pau is not that good, stop it. and he's already in his 30s. lowry and scola should be fine.
 02-10-2012, 08:15 AMaway - #5
ttime236 36 heat pts36

  d 
space
$9,790 | POWERFUL
Lowry and Budinger is better IMO. MWP is terrible and they get no production from the wing. Martin coming off the bench is a waste of talent
 02-10-2012, 08:16 AMaway - #6
jumpman2304 21 heat pts21

  d 
space
$12,353 | POWERFUL
wow. pau stay getting #### on by LA. he probably dont wanna be there anyway now seeing as the lake show wont do #### in the playoffs unless they make a move. (still keeping bynum and pau) but thats not really feasible.
 02-10-2012, 08:30 AMaway - #7
DMT|B 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$10,239 | POWERFUL
 02-10-2012, 08:35 AMaway - #8
hood135 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$8,607 | POWERFUL
The Lakers could probably pry a combination of Kevin Martin and Luis Scola for Gasol
What the #### are they waiting on?
 02-10-2012, 08:39 AMonline - #9
T.O.N.Y. 2452 heat pts2452

  d 
space
$48,645 | POWERFUL
Gilbert Scola and Martin I ain't mad
 02-10-2012, 09:14 AMaway - #10
YoungRay20 165 heat pts165

  d 
space
$15,755 | POWERFUL
Do it. #### even Flynn or Dragic, would help.
 02-10-2012, 09:35 AMaway - #11
trap star 101 

  d 
space
$369 | 782001
####. Gasol, 2 first round picks, E Banks, the trade exemption and blake for Lowry, Scole, Courtney Lee, and Johhny Flynn.

Get it done Mitch lol

Then pick up JR Smith when he comes down from China.

Im ready!

Last edited by trap star 101; 02-10-2012 at 09:54 AM..
 02-10-2012, 09:58 AMaway - #12
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,276 | POWERFUL
I like Scola. Not too big on Martin but we do have trouble scoring. I don't know if that's because of our system, lack or talent after Kobe, Bynum, and Pau or lack of a pg. I'll wait until the deadline unless something you just can't pass on comes up.
 02-10-2012, 10:09 AMonline - #13
banga 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$26,795 | POWERFUL
how in the hell are yall getting both scola and lowry for pau? forget about martin cause that's even more laughable.
 02-10-2012, 10:14 AMaway - #14
West Side Wolf 

  d 
space
$362 | 941522
Idk, Gasol plays hard when hes actually used, leave him without any passes/ action and when hes stuck standing around like a lame duck thats when he has no value, as seen last night once hes called upon, he dosent only just have the ability to score but he can PASS. Which is an a$set this team needs to keep around that back pass to Bynum was wild.

Id hate to see Gasol go, id much rather figure out a trade where we move anyone but our big three of Kobe, Bynum and Gasol.

As you can see when all three are involved the team plays good d and has the best ability to win games SIZE is the lakers only advantage at the moment why ruin it?

More over, if Pau was traded we would see how much we actually will miss him.

But if we had to move him it would have to be for Lowery, Luis Scola and Chase Buddigner. Theres no justifying trading Pau Gasol for Lowery straight up theres plenty of one year wonders at the PG postion but there is a limited ammount of Big men who can pass, score and defend and rebound.
 02-10-2012, 10:23 AMaway - #15
trap star 101 

  d 
space
$369 | 782001
Originally Posted by West Side Wolf
Idk, Gasol plays hard when hes actually used, leave him without any passes/ action and when hes stuck standing around like a lame duck thats when he has no value, as seen last night once hes called upon, he dosent only just have the ability to score but he can PASS. Which is an a$set this team needs to keep around that back pass to Bynum was wild.

Id hate to see Gasol go, id much rather figure out a trade where we move anyone but our big three of Kobe, Bynum and Gasol.

As you can see when all three are involved the team plays good d and has the best ability to win games SIZE is the lakers only advantage at the moment why ruin it?

More over, if Pau was traded we would see how much we actually will miss him.

But if we had to move him it would have to be for Lowery, Luis Scola and Chase Buddigner. Theres no justifying trading Pau Gasol for Lowery straight up theres plenty of one year wonders at the PG postion but there is a limited ammount of Big men who can pass, score and defend and rebound.

I can def respect what you wrote but HONESTLY... Who would you want from LA besides the big 3? They will have to trade Gasol or Bynum to make the team better. They will be over the cap next year and I don't see many people coming to the Lakers for the vet minimum that will actually make a difference.

And I dont really care for Buddigner, rather get Lee as a back up 2 for Kobe. Buddigner will be a liability on D. Who would he cover on contenders?
 02-10-2012, 10:33 AMaway - #16
Ldogg310 10 heat pts10

  d 
space
$9,585 | POWERFUL
Marrtin and scola and maybe throw in lee or flynn if not lowry

For pau and tpe? and luke he gotta go

I don't see houston givin up lowry, but who knows what magic mitch can pull out his sleeves
 02-10-2012, 10:34 AMaway - #17
matelyan 18 heat pts18

  d 
space
$8,418 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by 206 MrSonics
please get rid of some of the white boys on the bench too, murphy and possibly blake.. id keep kapono and mcbob
They would have to wait until March 1st before they can trade Murphy, Kapono or McBob. And personally I'd ship all three of them out for some young, athletic role players. But no one wants the trash currently occupying the Lakers bench. I miss the good ole days when the Lakers had the "Bench Mob" now its more like the "Bench Slobs"
 02-10-2012, 10:45 AMaway - #18
West Side Wolf 

  d 
space
$362 | 941522
Originally Posted by trap star 101
I can def respect what you wrote but HONESTLY... Who would you want from LA besides the big 3? They will have to trade Gasol or Bynum to make the team better. They will be over the cap next year and I don't see many people coming to the Lakers for the vet minimum that will actually make a difference.

And I dont really care for Buddigner, rather get Lee as a back up 2 for Kobe. Buddigner will be a liability on D. Who would he cover on contenders?
I mentioed Buddigner becuase he has the ability to nail the 3 pointer as well as finish with dunks at the rim something were lacking ever since we let shannon brown go which makes me becuase hes only getting paid a little bit over two million.

Aslo we have the trade exepetion from the Mavs as well as a couple 1st rounders.

I just dont see why we dont offer a vet like Mike James the vets minium or at least a 10 day contract as I witnessed him perform pretty well in the 3 games as a Bull, he had a double double if I remeber right 10 a$sits he knows how to distrubitue the ball.

But more over, if we should get rid of any players should be Metta World Peace and beyond his descion making in Mike Browns offense is aboslutley the worst I have ever witnessed in his career. Jacking up 3 after three with the same results of fail, Im still wondering why we signed him for the same contract that Trevor Ariza got and ariza was much younger.

As for free agents, there has to be some anweser I mean people preeching Gilbert Arenas, it would be nice if it was for a year vet minium lord knows he dosent need any $ after all the magic are still paying his contract he should be honored LA would even consider him with all the baggae he comes with.

And why is Walton still on the team making easy money thats just poor management.
 02-10-2012, 10:53 AMaway - #19
trap star 101 

  d 
space
$369 | 782001
Originally Posted by West Side Wolf
I mentioed Buddigner becuase he has the ability to nail the 3 pointer as well as finish with dunks at the rim something were lacking ever since we let shannon brown go which makes me becuase hes only getting paid a little bit over two million.

Aslo we have the trade exepetion from the Mavs as well as a couple 1st rounders.

I just dont see why we dont offer a vet like Mike James the vets minium or at least a 10 day contract as I witnessed him perform pretty well in the 3 games as a Bull, he had a double double if I remeber right 10 a$sits he knows how to distrubitue the ball.

But more over, if we should get rid of any players should be Metta World Peace and beyond his descion making in Mike Browns offense is aboslutley the worst I have ever witnessed in his career. Jacking up 3 after three with the same results of fail, Im still wondering why we signed him for the same contract that Trevor Ariza got and ariza was much younger.

As for free agents, there has to be some anweser I mean people preeching Gilbert Arenas, it would be nice if it was for a year vet minium lord knows he dosent need any $ after all the magic are still paying his contract he should be honored LA would even consider him with all the baggae he comes with.

And why is Walton still on the team making easy money thats just poor management.
Those first round pics are going to be in the 20's so they aren't that enticing. Those are their to sweeten any deal. And Artest will be amnestied this off season, they kept him because they have no other option at the 3. Barnes is hit or miss and E banks has been a HUGE disappointment. And they are keeping Luke walton because they hope to trade his contract next year. He will have a big contract in his last year, will be easy to move him to a team trying to shed salary for a decent player who is slightly over paid. And I agree with signing arenas. They should have signed him a month ago. Also contact Rasheed, rafer alston, and etc. Doesn't mean you sign all of them BUT work the out and see whos still in shape and how they fit. I've been upset because management has been so lackadaisical with their approach. They either have trades set up and are waiting for the trade deadline or they really think this team could win. IF they think this team could win they way its structured, THEY ARE WRONG
 02-10-2012, 11:03 AMaway - #20
marcusaka50 32 heat pts32

  d 
space
$20,723 | POWERFUL
lakers are praying somebody help them out. Wilson is signing back to the nuggets, JR Smith could be a clippers/Knick, and you can't get howard or D.Will.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Oct 30 - Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'
63 comments
Image inside  Oct 28 - Life under Obama sucks. And these numbers pr..
56 comments
IGN Sunset Overdrive - Review Discussion
88 comments
  Kendrick Lamar - King Kunta (prod. Soundwave X Thunder...
New reply 38 seconds ago - 87 comments - by mdemaz
 Article inside Chicago Rapper Bandman Kevo Charged With With Being In...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 188 comments - by NoLastName
  How You Can Get A New Ps4 For $275
New reply 8 minutes ago - 183 comments - by SpazzOut
  Best Rap Album Of 2014?
New reply 18 minutes ago - 96 comments - by QB Eagles
 NBA Miami Was Using That Fake Crowd Noise Last Night
New reply 8 minutes ago - 91 comments - by st21
 NBA Kobe Now Cursed Out In First Two Games Of The Season
New reply 51 minutes ago - 113 comments - by Loc Da Pusherman
 Video inside Throwback: Iggy Azalea Refuses To Freestyle On Sway In...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 79 comments - by The Bully
  Greatest Mixtape Or Mixtape Series Ever
New reply 57 minutes ago - 86 comments - by killa the goat

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,833 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.