This is BX @ Boxden.com

Pacman vs Bradley 2

Pacman vs Bradley 2
topic by Mr Fujaveli - 01-25-2014, 06:14 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

If posted already delete this ####

Y! SPORTS

Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley will meet on April 12 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas in a rematch of their controversial 2012 welterweight title bout.

The deal was finalized mid-Saturday morning when Top Rank got Bradley to agree to terms. Top Rank president Todd duBoef said the deal will ensure the company "has a long-term relationship with Tim regardless of whether he wins or loses," on April 12.

Bradley won the first bout, on June 9, 2012, in Las Vegas, in a hotly disputed split decision. Most observers felt that Pacquiao had won the bout. Promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank was so outraged that he called for the Nevada attorney general to investigate.

The WBO, which sanctioned the 2012 bout and will sanction the April match for its welterweight title, also conducted an investigation and determined that Pacquiao deserved to win. Its findings had no bearing on the outcome, though Bradley retains the WBO title and it will be at stake on April 12.

That outcome led to cries of a fix. However, an investigator for the Nevada attorney general's office found no evidence to support that.

View gallery

Manny Pacquiao celebrates his last win against Brandon Rios. (AP)

Neither of the two judges who scored that f!ght 115-113, or seven rounds to five, in favor of Bradley are still active judges. Duane Ford and C.J. Ross both stepped away from judging. Ross resigned under fire after she scored the 2013 bout between Floyd Mayweather and Canelo Alvarez a draw when most thought the f!ght was easily in Mayweather's favor.

"We both have a lot we need to get off of our chests," Bradley told Yahoo Sports. "There are still a lot of questions that need to be asked and answered. People wonder about me being the best and f!ghting the best. Pacquiao needs to show he still has it by f!ghting and beating one of the best in the game. This is an opportunity to seal the deal in everyone's eyes for both of us."

Despite the controversy, duBoef isn't concerned that the controversy will impact the rematch. He said Bradley's performances against Ruslan Provodnikov in the Yahoo Sports f!ght of the Year and Juan Manuel Marquez have erased the sting of the scoring for many.

"Manny felt he won that f!ght and he wanted the loss off of his record, so to speak," duBoef said. "Tim felt he won and wants to prove that this time, so we made the rematch. Because of the way that Tim fought against Provodnikov and Marquez, the last impression the consumers have of him is as a star and that's going to ease people's vision of their first f!ght as a less-than-pleasant result."

The aftermath of the first f!ght wasn't pleasant for Bradley, but he says he's put it behind him. He said he wants to prove he's the best and beating Pacquiao without controversy will help him do that.

Pacquiao is coming off a Nov. 23 win over Brandon Rios in China, but Bradley expects Pacquiao to f!ght him differently.

"It's going to be a different f!ght because Rios and I are different kind of f!ghters," Bradley said. "Rios is not a slouch. He's a big puncher, and I'm a lighter puncher than he is. Rios stung him a couple of times in there, but Manny didn't try to finish. He seemed a bit timid and didn't want to engage. Me, I'm a lighter puncher, and I think he'll feel he has the advantage as far as power and will try to take me out.

"I'm a different kind of a f!ghter. I've been in the ring with him already and I know him and he knows me. I'm going to have to prepare a game plan that will help me eliminate the mistakes I made and to take advantage of the ones he makes."

Pacquiao is guaranteed $20 million and Bradley is guaranteed $6 million. Both have pay-per-view upside in their deals.

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

30 comments for "Pacman vs Bradley 2"

01-25-2014, 06:18 PMaway - #2
davon4204 1 heat pts

d 
space
$10,742 | 20326610
So that f!ght is official now. Should be a good f!ght.
 01-25-2014, 06:21 PMonline - #3
quan3106 46 heat pts46

d 
space
$4,482 | POWERFUL
 01-26-2014, 01:12 AMaway - #4
Kadroan 

d 
space
$15,286 | 12904818
I guess Pac wins and faces Marquez some time in the 2nd half of 2014?
 01-26-2014, 01:14 AMaway - #5
Vino24$Money 29 heat pts29

d 
space
$722 | 16325677
marquez wont f!ght pacquiao again and i dont blame him

i also think bradley will beat pacquiao(didnt think he won last time tho)
 01-26-2014, 01:22 AMaway - #6
Speed9402 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,057 | 8317135
I think there will be a 5th Marquez f!ght. They'll probably throw the bank at Marquez. I hope he declines if they decide they want to get a look at him, but in a way he would be stupid to not accept 20 million if they threw at him at his age.
 01-26-2014, 01:28 AMonline - #7
KnicksLost 9 heat pts

d 
space
$38,002 | POWERFUL
not interested in these top rank fools

Brad gotta do better no sense in f!ghting pac again especially when he lost but won the f!ght

Move forward but with that said Brad will probably win he got better in the span of two f!ghts
 01-26-2014, 01:40 AMaway - #8
Speed9402 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,057 | 8317135
After that robbery decision he's gonna have to mollywhop Pacquiao to actually win. Arum ain't going without a f!ght. If a 3rd f!ght is there to be made you know he's about dat.
 01-26-2014, 05:29 AMaway - #9
NaMeLeSs- 54 heat pts54

d 
space
$6,347 | POWERFUL
Pac needs to win to get to Mayweather, Bradley is toast
 01-26-2014, 05:31 AMaway - #10
VictoryThagr8 5 heat pts

d 
space
$8,363 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by KnicksLost
not interested in these top rank fools

Brad gotta do better no sense in f!ghting pac again especially when he lost but won the f!ght

Move forward but with that said Brad will probably win he got better in the span of two f!ghts
How he got better. He almost lost his f!ght after pacquaio. And Marquez can't f!ght against f!ghter who f!ghts off their back foot and forces to come forward.
 01-26-2014, 08:24 AMaway - #11
bigree61 

d 
space
$13,380 | POWERFUL
Time for Bradley to get "robbed"

A white people is this "cherry picking" ?
 01-26-2014, 08:29 AMonline - #12
ZeusSlaps 398 heat pts398

d 
space
$14,472 | POWERFUL
Bradley made a real dumb move
 01-26-2014, 08:55 AMonline - #13
megalomaniacal 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,604 | 10857123
so bradley had to sign to top rank to get this f!ght

top rank is ran by a the white don king, and the mayweather f!ght will feed everybody at top rank if manny wins
 01-26-2014, 12:40 PMaway - #14
Mike Nitty 6 heat pts

d 
space
$18,364 | POWERFUL
Paq fu gets knocked out again on the day Kobe went down with his Achilles injury

I thought I was drunk last year on my BDay, we popping bigger bottles this year
 01-26-2014, 12:43 PMonline - #15
EscoNore 58 heat pts58

d 
space
$10,157 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mike Nitty
Paq fu gets knocked out again on the day Kobe went down with his Achilles injury

I thought I was drunk last year on my BDay, we popping bigger bottles this year
No way Bradley knocks out Pacquaio, no matter how shot he is.
 01-26-2014, 01:48 PMonline - #16
philly337 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$21,233 | POWERFUL
Pacman f!ghting another f!ght against a threatening opponent who stylistically gives him a little trouble (like Marquez)

When mayweather f!ghting khan, justin bieber or whoever his next f!ght against a sparring partner?

*here they come*
 01-26-2014, 04:33 PMaway - #17
D1nOnlyMrM@ 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$9,610 | POWERFUL
eh. not a smart move, but he has limited choices. if he fought that young stallion from russia i think, it would have been a damaging f!ght. its not smart of a move, because although i believe he beat bradley, they reason he didnt have his way with him was bradley's d. i just wanna see more knockouts. im tired of long boring f!ghts.
 01-26-2014, 04:43 PMaway - #18
jj01 

d 
space
$36,692 | POWERFUL
#### bradley dude is a sucka
 01-26-2014, 05:15 PMaway - #19
Stupid Fresh 167 heat pts167

d 
space
$17,752 | POWERFUL
quickest move to get him to floyd
 01-26-2014, 05:19 PMaway - #20
Ash10 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$24,312 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by philly337
Pacman f!ghting another f!ght against a threatening opponent who stylistically gives him a little trouble (like Marquez)

When mayweather f!ghting khan, justin bieber or whoever his next f!ght against a sparring partner?

*here they come*

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NFL Rams will NOT add Michael Sam to practice squad
66 comments
NFL No Bias: Cam, Kaep or Rivers?
56 comments
NFL Official Predict your squads record thread.
76 comments

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
fans of BX | none new today following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.