This is BX @ Boxden.com

Packers crowd gets patriotic with huge American flag display (pics)

Packers crowd gets patriotic with huge American flag display (pics)
topic by SickaMorStyle - 09-08-2011, 11:25 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

The 2011 NFL season got off to a patriotic start Thursday night with a coordinated American flag display by 70,000 Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.

During Jordin Sparks' performance of the national anthem, fans held up placards to make a wavy flag that could be seen from above by NBC cameras.

At first I thought that it was pretty coincidental that everyone at Lambeau color coordinated their sweatshirts enough to make this happen. Then it dawned on me that all that Packers green and gold would probably make a Jamaican flag instead and that they were actually holding red, white and blue placards that had been left in their seats.

The visual was even cooler when seen from the blimp covering the game:

These sorts of displays rarely impress me and I realized tonight it's because there are too many fans in the crowd who either aren't in their seats or don't care enough to participate. That's not a problem in a place like Green Bay, where I'd imagine love of America runs second only to love of Aaron Rodgers(notes) and the Packers.

Sparks did a fine job with the anthem, much better than the last time the song was sung at an NFL game (cough, Christina Aguilera, cough). But, for my money, the best part of the festivities was the flyover by four F-16s immediately after the conclusion of the song. Flyovers by military jets always get the goosebumps going but this one was even more special, perfectly timed by the 115th f!ghter Wing of the Wisconsin Air National Guard.

We've all seen what they look like on television. This YouTube clip shot outside a house in Green Bay provides a different angle.

Packers crowd gets patriotic with huge American flag display - Shutdown Corner - NFL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Latest Sports Hot Topics Ľ   share this topic Ľ   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

13 comments for "Packers crowd gets patriotic with huge American flag display (pics)"

09-08-2011, 11:26 PMaway - #2
TheGame4705 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$3,473 | 16361470
Jordin sparks was lookin GOOD
 09-08-2011, 11:31 PMaway - #3
SickaMorStyle 400 heat pts400

d 
space
$3,966 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheGame4705
randall cobb to:laughing19:
 09-09-2011, 12:35 AMaway - #4
DrX 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$34,925 | POWERFUL
same america thats screwing us over everyday :laughing19:
 09-09-2011, 12:38 AMaway - #5
Sivraj 114 heat pts114

d 
space
$36,070 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheGame4705
Ah man was she??
 09-09-2011, 12:44 AMaway - #6
Official 8 heat pts

d 
space
$1,576 | 9111291
Originally Posted by DrX
same america thats screwing us over everyday :laughing19:
Same America that brought you The NFL , Boxden and your Internet Service.

But nah i feel you
 09-09-2011, 06:25 AMaway - #7
peeyump 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$18,881 | POWERFUL
that flag #### was hot.......I was in awe ..... #### what anyone has to say about America.....no place is perfect but I rather be able to step out my house and for the most part not worry about being blown up or shot the #### up for religious or political ####. Getting shot cuz you sitting on a stash house......well thats another story.
 09-09-2011, 06:36 AMaway - #8
finishim 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$21,779 | POWERFUL
that #### looks amaZing
 09-09-2011, 02:40 PMaway - #9
rec1989 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,503 | 8014711
Originally Posted by peeyump
that flag #### was hot.......I was in awe ..... #### what anyone has to say about America.....no place is perfect but I rather be able to step out my house and for the most part not worry about being blown up or shot the #### up for religious or political ####. Getting shot cuz you sitting on a stash house......well thats another story.
 09-09-2011, 02:42 PMaway - #10
ImAMonster 260 heat pts260

d 
space
$24,977 | POWERFUL
Co-Sign. America is in turmoil but at least we still have houses. We still have places to go. People in third world countries are sleeping in dirt huts. No Internet, No TV. Hell, We got it made.
 09-09-2011, 02:48 PMaway - #11
Prodigy 36 heat pts36

d 
space
$9,167 | POWERFUL
Dumbass generalizations. Acting like the only countries outside the US are Afghanistan and Iraq
 09-09-2011, 02:57 PMaway - #12
#JewLife 76 heat pts76

d 
space
$12,128 | POWERFUL

09-09-2011, 07:04 PMaway - #13
illmatic45ACP 7 heat pts

d 
space
$772 | 5360849
i was watching last night and that #### was HOT!
 09-09-2011, 07:40 PMaway - #14
sixeight 61 heat pts61

d 
space
$1,502 | POWERFUL
:applause:

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Nov 26 - Cleveland police officer shot Tamir Rice imme..
64 comments
Nov 26 - Michael Brown's Mom: Darren Wilson Testimony Adds 'Ins..
78 comments
NFL What should RG3 upcoming 30 for 30 be called?
59 comments
 Image(s) inside :minimestopit:
New reply 16 seconds ago - 177 comments - by Ari Gold
  Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Was Released 22 Years Ago Today
New reply 2 minutes ago - 112 comments - by kindabizzie
  Pitchfork: "eminem's Music Has Been Unrelievedly ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 151 comments - by mdemaz
 BOX Floyd "can I Remind You What Jmm Did To Pacman&qu...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 85 comments - by Ash10
  Rick Ross Is "disappointed" That Timbaland L...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 99 comments - by MGz
 NFL Richard Sherman & Doug Baldwin Sh-tting On The Lea...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 73 comments - by Hoop Dreams
 Image(s) inside Pharrell Williams: Why Arenít We Talking About Michael...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 233 comments - by Carlton Black
 Video inside Nov 25 - Michael Brown Step Dad To Protestors:burn Thi...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 293 comments - by Carlton Black

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,864 fans of BX | none new today 4,813 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.