b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Official: Juan M. Marquez vs. Tim Bradley: Sept. 14th for WBO W. Title

People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

join bx

share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Official: Juan M. Marquez vs. Tim Bradley: Sept. 14th for WBO W. Title
topic by TRILL SH1T - 04-18-2013, 01:44 PM

Article Link - Marquez: I'm Facing Tim Bradley on 9/14 in Las Vegas
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Former four division world champion Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40 KO's) has revealed that he plans to continue his career by challenging WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley (30-0, 12 KO's) for the WBO welterweight championship on September 14th at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. The f!ght is almost sure to land on HBO Pay-Per-View

"I had a meeting, I spoke with my family. The decision was made because I still feel good. I feel capable and I can probably do two or three more f!ghts," Marquez told ESPN Deportes Radio.

Marquez says he was given two return options - Bradley or WBO interim-junior welterweight champion Mike Alvarado. He selected Bradley.

"They discussed two opponents for September 14: Mike Alvarado and Timothy Bradley. I like challenges, Bradley would be a difficult f!ght for me. Apart from being world champion it would be a challenge to f!ght him and win another big challenge title in a fifth division, which for me is something that fills me with pride to have the opportunity to try," he said.

This move by Marquez would leave Manny Pacquiao with the likely option of facing Alvarado on a date in October in Macau.
via boxingscene.com

Bradley bout to do work > Official: Juan M. Marquez vs. Tim Bradley: Sept. 14th for WBO W. Title - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

31 comments for "Official: Juan M. Marquez vs. Tim Bradley: Sept. 14th for WBO W. Title"

04-18-2013, 01:45 PMaway - #2
KingK 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$12,903 | POWERFUL

I'll be tuned in for this one
 04-18-2013, 01:46 PMaway - #3
r.burgundy 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$32,143 | POWERFUL
props like a muh####a to marquez for givin bradley a f!ght
 04-18-2013, 01:46 PMaway - #4
Tha Problum 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$18,211 | POWERFUL
There is a god

I don't like how rios is getting shafted though, how are they throwing alvarado's name around for these big names but when rios won the first one he automatically had to do a rematch
 04-18-2013, 01:49 PMonline - #5
TRILL SH1T 62 heat pts62

d 
space
$3,618 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Tha Problum
There is a god

I don't like how rios is getting shafted though, how are they throwing alvarado's name around for these big names but when rios won the first one he automatically had to do a rematch
What?... Rios just got completely dominated in the 2nd f!ght; he didn't dominate Alvarado in the 1st f!ght but got the knock out... Im positive the 3rd f!ght would got the same way as the 2nd one, Alvarado clearly figured out he just has to box him and 'boxing' isn't in Rio's repertoire
 04-18-2013, 01:52 PMaway - #6
J-Schmoove 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$8,260 | POWERFUL
Hopefully Bradley comes out stronger than he did against Russian Rocky, dude was reeling a couple of times.
 04-18-2013, 01:55 PMaway - #7

d 
space
$18,211 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TRILL SH1T
What?... Rios just got completely dominated in the 2nd f!ght; he didn't dominate Alvarado in the 1st f!ght but got the knock out... Im positive the 3rd f!ght would got the same way as the 2nd one, Alvarado clearly figured out he just has to box him and 'boxing' isn't in Rio's repertoire
Rios laid him out in the first f!ght. Second f!ght Alvarado made the proper adjustments and won the decision. You give Rios a trilogy to see what adjustments he makes, or if alvarado comes back and takes the 2-1 lead. That's just the way it should be done, you can say alvarado clearly figured him out, but rios clearly laid him out as well. He didn't have the option to run from a rematch.
 04-18-2013, 01:58 PMaway - #8
IceMan 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$3,384 | 20873950

Top Rank is ####ting on the other promotions so far this year!
 04-18-2013, 02:00 PMaway - #9
r.burgundy 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$32,143 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TRILL SH1T
what?rios almost ko'd alvaranado quite a few times in tha 2nd f!ght,he just couldnt put him away.alvarado won,but that wasnt a domination by any stretch
 04-18-2013, 02:01 PMaway - #10
Stupid Fresh 168 heat pts168

d 
space
$18,416 | POWERFUL
knew he wouldnt stay retired

if he beats Bradley that sets up a gang of interesting scenarios
 04-18-2013, 02:02 PMonline - #11
pete jr 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,875 | 7255519
This is going to be a great f!ght, winner should get a crack at Mayweather. but Bradley should take some time off after he got hurt by the Russian. He might not be the same f!ghter anymore.
 04-18-2013, 02:08 PMaway - #12

d 
space
$18,211 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by pete jr
This is going to be a great f!ght, winner should get a crack at Mayweather. but Bradley should take some time off after he got hurt by the Russian. He might not be the same f!ghter anymore.
marquez already got dominated. the bradley f!ght will never happen, he's arum/hbo and money is showtime now until he retires.
 04-18-2013, 02:24 PMaway - #13
kmstokes 

d 
space
$6,560 | 10876493
I been wanting to see this f!ght
 04-18-2013, 02:26 PMaway - #14
Alexein Aner 59 heat pts59

d 
space
$2,361 | POWERFUL
marquez already got dominated. the bradley f!ght will never happen, he's arum/hbo and money is showtime now until he retires.
His first time at that weight vs. said # 1 pound for pound f!ghter. The HBO/Showtime stupidity will blow over soon enough. They're messing up too many great match ups.
 04-18-2013, 02:30 PMaway - #15
killa55 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$1,475 | 10656470
glad this f!ght is happening.
 04-18-2013, 02:31 PMaway - #16
Eddie..|M 8 heat pts

d 
space
$15,667 | POWERFUL
word I'll watch this
 04-18-2013, 02:32 PMaway - #17
Michael 1987 644 heat pts644

d 
space
$61,657 | POWERFUL
This f!ght is going to be funny
 04-18-2013, 02:34 PMaway - #18
Eddie..|M 8 heat pts

d 
space
$15,667 | POWERFUL
if bradley wins, future HOFer?
 04-18-2013, 02:38 PMaway - #19

d 
space
$18,211 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by EskimoTV
His first time at that weight vs. said # 1 pound for pound f!ghter. The HBO/Showtime stupidity will blow over soon enough. They're messing up too many great match ups.
It was his first f!ght up there, but he was coming off a world championship knockout victory, and money was coming off a 2 year layoff. Weighed in with a 4 lb difference, 2 over the catchweight. & If I'm not mistaken jmm was the #2 p4p at that particular time. With that said he's bigger now, but not faster. The quickness completely overwhelmed him in that f!ght.

& I don't see the showtime/hbo thing blowing over, at least not in time for a mayweather f!ght, he's already on his last legs for his career he can't do more than 6 without looking flabby and sick imo.
 04-18-2013, 02:42 PMaway - #20
kmstokes 

d 
space
$6,560 | 10876493
It was his first f!ght up there, but he was coming off a world championship knockout victory, and money was coming off a 2 year layoff. Weighed in with a 4 lb difference, 2 over the catchweight. & If I'm not mistaken jmm was the #2 p4p at that particular time. With that said he's bigger now, but not faster. The quickness completely overwhelmed him in that f!ght.

& I don't see the showtime/hbo thing blowing over, at least not in time for a mayweather f!ght, he's already on his last legs for his career he can't do more than 6 without looking flabby and sick imo.
Its possible the winner gets a f!ght, we just gotta see how these other f!ghts play out. Then that huge barrier of the network difference, but we will see.

Video inside  Dec 20 - They Just Shot 2 Cops in Brooklyn by Topmkins
443 comments
BOX Roy Jones Jr. dissing Floyd
154 comments
NBA Top 5 Most Skilled Players In The League?
75 comments
  Anonymous Threatens Iggy Azalea To Apologize To Azeali...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 248 comments - by KingMahaat
 Video inside Bow Wow Looking Real Mad On 106 N Park Final Episode
New reply 21 minutes ago - 80 comments - by VA Prime
 Image(s) inside Azealia Banks Ethers Action Bronson
New reply 3 minutes ago - 179 comments - by Frankybaby
 Image(s) inside Chris Brown Losing It Over Karrueche
New reply 23 minutes ago - 83 comments - by Frankybaby
  Dec 19 - Study: Men Choose Internet Pron Over Marriage...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 120 comments - by messy marv stan
  Bieber Had 3.5m Fake Followers On Instagram
New reply 31 minutes ago - 68 comments - by sammy1990
 Video inside Ll Cool J And Canibus Performing 4,3,2,1 At Barclays
New reply 16 minutes ago - 122 comments - by RoyceDa59
 Video inside Lupe Fiasco- Deliver [music Video]
New reply 32 minutes ago - 51 comments - by KushKaleem

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX and 2 new today 4,849 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.