b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Official 2012-2013 NHL Season Thread (news/rumors/media)


People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter
  
    
          join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Official 2012-2013 NHL Season Thread (news/rumors/media)
 10-22-2011, 10:55 PMaway - #121
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17

  d 
space
$16,828 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ST21
no excuses this season. its do or die.
same for the Sharks, you could say were the Caps of the West
 10-22-2011, 10:59 PMaway - #122
eaglesfan21 420 heat pts420

  d 
space
$29,423 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sac-Town
same for the Sharks, you could say were the Caps of the West
exactly sharks are the caps of the west. although the caps are more hyped every year and have more "elite" players but a sharks caps would be epic.

the loser would just need to go hide in a cave and never come out.

Last edited by eaglesfan21; 10-22-2011 at 11:02 PM..
 10-22-2011, 11:05 PMaway - #123
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17

  d 
space
$16,828 | POWERFUL
no doubt
damn lookin at the schedule Sharks/Caps don't play til Jan. 7th
 10-22-2011, 11:28 PMaway - #124
SHootar 23 heat pts23

  d 
space
$19,294 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by keithbm1111
Damn that was nice. Grabovski is a real good player...and always good to see the Habs lose
i know ####in hate em. this game was real chippy too as usual between us. hoping gionta gets suspended for his hit on reimer. dude tried to sell that incidental contact #### but it was obvious what he was doin


and yeah thought the bruins looked like they were back after thurs night. we'll take it tho while we still in contention
 10-22-2011, 11:36 PMaway - #125
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17

  d 
space
$16,828 | POWERFUL
didn't watch much of the Leafs game, but saw the Gionta hit on Coaches Corner, hope dude gets atleast 2 games considering how liberal they've been with the suspensions

and Bruins didn't play too well the 1st 2 periods, pressed hard in the 3rd though, Niemi played fantastic tonight which I'm actually pretty surprised about
 10-23-2011, 06:04 PMaway - #126
m-f 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$17,116 | POWERFUL
@ the Caps fans back in here as usual year after year ... then when things go on the downfall they do a 180.
 10-24-2011, 05:42 PMaway - #127
WhoNextWithPlex 31 heat pts31

  d 
space
$7,546 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SHootar
there's no planet david steckel gonna score 15 goals on. his previous career high is 8. if he can crack 10 we have to be ecstatic. he's not really that talented, he's just amazing at faceoffs. but if he ain't winning those, he can be a liability out there imo (aside from the PK). we'll see if he can keep the faceoff production going. he lost many key ones in the boston game which led to goals, he didn't have a good game really, but every other game he's been nothing short of a beast in the circle so can't complain.
youre right 15 goals is definitely wishful thinking but the leafs will give him a bigger role than washington ever did. i wouldnt be surprised to see him get 10. he moves the puck well in the offensive zone and that third line is the big body scoring line which couldnt be a better place for him. well see though, as long as hes strong off the faceoff i think hell do well.

tonight is the night phil kessel has gotta stay with it or i think hell start another point slide. he cant support himself like that without a center for long, and tyler bozak just cant cut it as our first line center. personally i dont think connolly can either. we need a star center thats all there is to it. im just hoping phil finds a way to keep playing this way. its gonna be a blood bath against philly.
 10-24-2011, 06:47 PMaway - #128
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17

  d 
space
$16,828 | POWERFUL
Kessel with a goal tonight already
 10-24-2011, 08:35 PMaway - #129
WhoNextWithPlex 31 heat pts31

  d 
space
$7,546 | POWERFUL
yeah i know that kessel goal got me pumped but this was a ####ty loss. outplayed all night and i wouldnt even be that mad if Jagr hadnt have scored his only two goals this season on us. tough schedule commin up too.
 10-24-2011, 10:29 PMaway - #130
keithbm1111 96 heat pts96

  d 
space
$27,574 | POWERFUL
I love when Kessel comes back to Boston so we shut him down
 10-25-2011, 11:23 AMaway - #131
SHootar 23 heat pts23

  d 
space
$19,294 | POWERFUL
yeah ####ty game. i didn't think we were that poorly outplayed to be honest, they just capitalized on some REALLY stupid defensive miscues (how in the #### do you allow 3 clear-cut breakaways in one game....and all the same player lmao ). schenn and komi, got caught on the first one flat-footed . but monster played well again for the most part (stood on his head most of the night) but can't be expected to stop 3 breakaways on jagr of all ppl...made an absolutely amazing save on one of them.


i agree that i'm not sure connely is the answer on the top line, but he might be in the lineup thursday so can't wait to see the new look.

it'll be interesting to see how wilson shuffles the lineup...IMO kadri NEEDS to stay in the lineup he's looking dangerous out there. every game he's either creating scoring chances or getting them. i like him and frattin together, gives us some scoring punch on that third line.

i would do connely kessel lupul (gotta give connely a shot for a while there)...grabo, kule, mccarthur...lombardi or bozak, kadri, frattin...then steckal, brown, bozak/lombardi

Last edited by SHootar; 10-25-2011 at 11:28 AM..
 10-25-2011, 12:07 PMaway - #132
ghettofire 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$25,433 | POWERFUL
stoked for the game tonight, hoping to be on TV (at least in the Bay) since I don't think they are many other Sharks fans in smashville
 10-25-2011, 01:09 PMaway - #133
m-f 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$17,116 | POWERFUL
Kesler/David Booth.

 10-26-2011, 12:44 AMaway - #134
ghettofire 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$25,433 | POWERFUL
nashville fans just were in the middle of chanting NIEEEEEMIIII YOU SUCK just as the Big Pavelski ####ed them hard

Gotta give it up though I dropped some stuff unknowingly on my way to my seat and some people let me know, good stuff Preds fans
 10-26-2011, 12:54 AMaway - #135
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17

  d 
space
$16,828 | POWERFUL
^yo wtf is up with those ugly Nashville Jerseys?

good win for us tonight i wanted the shutout so bad, but 2 points is 2 points and we're starting to click on this road trip

you know Detroit is gonna play us hard since they're comin off 2 straight losses and we knocked em outta the playoffs last year
 10-26-2011, 09:18 AMaway - #136
WhoNextWithPlex 31 heat pts31

  d 
space
$7,546 | POWERFUL
^^^ you mean what the #### is up with every third jersey in the nhl. man i remember like two or three years ago when ottawa came out with those bull#### "sens" thirds, and tampa had the "bolts" enough was enough. (even though ottawas this year is sick) even TSN (espn in canada) analysts were laughing at how teams think they should change there home, away, or third jersey every single season. since then ottawa has had two new thirds, tampa has completely changed both of their logos and home and away jerseys. phoenix, new york rangers, columbus, buffalo, carolina and calgary have all had new thirds since then (calgarys kick a$s though, the colourway from 89 is dope and columbus should change their thirds to their actual colourway, the artillery with the blue and beige is sick) but as for the rest of the nhl they need to cool out. every year teams change it up and that has to stop. its crazy because i didnt even mention every team that has switched it up. id like a timeline and a nice little graphic of each teams jersey changes it would be cool to see.

edit: i found a site. this #### is ####ing insane. click on an era and it shows you every teams uniforms from that year. or click on a team and it gives you the timeline of uniform changes and explanation of which stripes and colours were different.



edit: i think im going to be on this site all day now. its retardedly cool and brings back a lot of old hockey memories, especially if youve been playing NHL games since Roenick was on the cover.

Last edited by WhoNextWithPlex; 10-26-2011 at 09:57 AM..
 10-26-2011, 04:43 PMaway - #137
ghettofire 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$25,433 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sac-Town
^yo wtf is up with those ugly Nashville Jerseys?

good win for us tonight i wanted the shutout so bad, but 2 points is 2 points and we're starting to click on this road trip

you know Detroit is gonna play us hard since they're comin off 2 straight losses and we knocked em outta the playoffs last year
they actually don't look that bad live, maybe it's because I was far away enough that they didn't hurt my eyes

Originally Posted by WhoNextWithPlex
^^^ you mean what the #### is up with every third jersey in the nhl. man i remember like two or three years ago when ottawa came out with those bull#### "sens" thirds, and tampa had the "bolts" enough was enough. (even though ottawas this year is sick) even TSN (espn in canada) analysts were laughing at how teams think they should change there home, away, or third jersey every single season. since then ottawa has had two new thirds, tampa has completely changed both of their logos and home and away jerseys. phoenix, new york rangers, columbus, buffalo, carolina and calgary have all had new thirds since then (calgarys kick a$s though, the colourway from 89 is dope and columbus should change their thirds to their actual colourway, the artillery with the blue and beige is sick) but as for the rest of the nhl they need to cool out. every year teams change it up and that has to stop. its crazy because i didnt even mention every team that has switched it up. id like a timeline and a nice little graphic of each teams jersey changes it would be cool to see.

edit: i found a site. this #### is ####ing insane. click on an era and it shows you every teams uniforms from that year. or click on a team and it gives you the timeline of uniform changes and explanation of which stripes and colours were different.



edit: i think im going to be on this site all day now. its retardedly cool and brings back a lot of old hockey memories, especially if youve been playing NHL games since Roenick was on the cover.
our black jerseys are dope

& yeah I saw that site last year and wasted hours looking at it....time to waste a few more now that you reminded me of it
 10-26-2011, 04:53 PMaway - #138
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17

  d 
space
$16,828 | POWERFUL
yea the Kings, Pens, Caps, Leafs, Sharks, Oilers, Wild are my fav 3rd jerseys

here's another site thats really cool, you can look at any team Pro, Junior, KHL, ect., and see all the Primary, alternate, anniversary logo's and jerseys they've ever used







Last edited by SacTown; 10-26-2011 at 06:44 PM..
 10-26-2011, 05:19 PMaway - #139
Garnet & Gold 35 heat pts35

  d 
space
$30,132 | POWERFUL
Caps still kinda good
 10-26-2011, 05:32 PMaway - #140
ghettofire 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$25,433 | POWERFUL
did not know kings brought back the yellow purple jerseys



#### the kings tho
 


 



NBA Golden State Warriors Take Greed to a New Revel
84 comments
NFL Julius Thomas turns down $8m per year offer from Broncos..
65 comments
Image inside  Lil Wayne "When I Leave Cash Money, I'm Taking Drake ..
51 comments
 Image(s) inside Karrueche Is Bi-polar
New reply 4 minutes ago - 71 comments - by MusicVideos
 Image(s) inside What Are You Hoping Jared Leto's Joker Look Like?
New reply 16 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Kwestluv91
 Video inside Drake Tryna Get Instapus-y #yolo
New reply 8 minutes ago - 162 comments - by youngd
 Image(s) inside Tb: Boxden Og's Assemble
New reply 23 minutes ago - 76 comments - by Sphynx
 Video inside Lupe Says Hip Hop Isnt Black Culture And That White Ap...
New reply 11 minutes ago - 154 comments - by mdemaz
 Image(s) inside Jan 26 - 17-year-old Girl Shot Dead By Three Cops At T...
New reply 53 minutes ago - 71 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NFL Brent Grimes’s Wife Goes Off On The Nfl
New reply 15 minutes ago - 54 comments - by TheThreadLord
 Video inside Lil Wayne Is Hosting A “sorry 4 The Wait 2” Listening ...
New reply 59 minutes ago - 138 comments - by Danny M
last 48 hours

like bx on facebook


follow bx on twitter
5,929 fans of BX | none new today 4,908 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.