This is BX @ Boxden.com

Official 2012-2013 NHL Season Thread (news/rumors/media)

Official 2012-2013 NHL Season Thread (news/rumors/media)
 10-22-2011, 09:55 PMaway - #121
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$16,795 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ST21
no excuses this season. its do or die.
same for the Sharks, you could say were the Caps of the West
 10-22-2011, 09:59 PMaway - #122
st21 348 heat pts348

d 
space
$26,424 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sac-Town
same for the Sharks, you could say were the Caps of the West
exactly sharks are the caps of the west. although the caps are more hyped every year and have more "elite" players but a sharks caps would be epic.

the loser would just need to go hide in a cave and never come out.

Last edited by st21; 10-22-2011 at 10:02 PM..
 10-22-2011, 10:05 PMaway - #123
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$16,795 | POWERFUL
no doubt
damn lookin at the schedule Sharks/Caps don't play til Jan. 7th
 10-22-2011, 10:28 PMaway - #124
SHootar 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$18,165 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by keithbm1111
Damn that was nice. Grabovski is a real good player...and always good to see the Habs lose
i know ####in hate em. this game was real chippy too as usual between us. hoping gionta gets suspended for his hit on reimer. dude tried to sell that incidental contact #### but it was obvious what he was doin

and yeah thought the bruins looked like they were back after thurs night. we'll take it tho while we still in contention
 10-22-2011, 10:36 PMaway - #125
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$16,795 | POWERFUL
didn't watch much of the Leafs game, but saw the Gionta hit on Coaches Corner, hope dude gets atleast 2 games considering how liberal they've been with the suspensions

and Bruins didn't play too well the 1st 2 periods, pressed hard in the 3rd though, Niemi played fantastic tonight which I'm actually pretty surprised about
 10-23-2011, 05:04 PMaway - #126
m-f 7 heat pts

d 
space
$16,205 | POWERFUL
@ the Caps fans back in here as usual year after year ... then when things go on the downfall they do a 180.
 10-24-2011, 04:42 PMaway - #127
WhoNextWithPlex 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$6,976 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by SHootar
there's no planet david steckel gonna score 15 goals on. his previous career high is 8. if he can crack 10 we have to be ecstatic. he's not really that talented, he's just amazing at faceoffs. but if he ain't winning those, he can be a liability out there imo (aside from the PK). we'll see if he can keep the faceoff production going. he lost many key ones in the boston game which led to goals, he didn't have a good game really, but every other game he's been nothing short of a beast in the circle so can't complain.
youre right 15 goals is definitely wishful thinking but the leafs will give him a bigger role than washington ever did. i wouldnt be surprised to see him get 10. he moves the puck well in the offensive zone and that third line is the big body scoring line which couldnt be a better place for him. well see though, as long as hes strong off the faceoff i think hell do well.

tonight is the night phil kessel has gotta stay with it or i think hell start another point slide. he cant support himself like that without a center for long, and tyler bozak just cant cut it as our first line center. personally i dont think connolly can either. we need a star center thats all there is to it. im just hoping phil finds a way to keep playing this way. its gonna be a blood bath against philly.
 10-24-2011, 05:47 PMaway - #128
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$16,795 | POWERFUL
Kessel with a goal tonight already
 10-24-2011, 07:35 PMaway - #129

d 
space
$6,976 | POWERFUL
yeah i know that kessel goal got me pumped but this was a ####ty loss. outplayed all night and i wouldnt even be that mad if Jagr hadnt have scored his only two goals this season on us. tough schedule commin up too.
 10-24-2011, 09:29 PMaway - #130
keithbm1111 96 heat pts96

d 
space
$27,500 | POWERFUL
I love when Kessel comes back to Boston so we shut him down
 10-25-2011, 10:23 AMaway - #131
SHootar 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$18,165 | POWERFUL
yeah ####ty game. i didn't think we were that poorly outplayed to be honest, they just capitalized on some REALLY stupid defensive miscues (how in the #### do you allow 3 clear-cut breakaways in one game....and all the same player lmao ). schenn and komi, got caught on the first one flat-footed . but monster played well again for the most part (stood on his head most of the night) but can't be expected to stop 3 breakaways on jagr of all ppl...made an absolutely amazing save on one of them.

i agree that i'm not sure connely is the answer on the top line, but he might be in the lineup thursday so can't wait to see the new look.

it'll be interesting to see how wilson shuffles the lineup...IMO kadri NEEDS to stay in the lineup he's looking dangerous out there. every game he's either creating scoring chances or getting them. i like him and frattin together, gives us some scoring punch on that third line.

i would do connely kessel lupul (gotta give connely a shot for a while there)...grabo, kule, mccarthur...lombardi or bozak, kadri, frattin...then steckal, brown, bozak/lombardi

Last edited by SHootar; 10-25-2011 at 10:28 AM..
 10-25-2011, 11:07 AMonline - #132
ghettofire 3 heat pts

d 
space
$23,563 | POWERFUL
stoked for the game tonight, hoping to be on TV (at least in the Bay) since I don't think they are many other Sharks fans in smashville
 10-25-2011, 12:09 PMaway - #133
m-f 7 heat pts

d 
space
$16,205 | POWERFUL
Kesler/David Booth.

10-25-2011, 11:44 PMonline - #134
ghettofire 3 heat pts

d 
space
$23,563 | POWERFUL
nashville fans just were in the middle of chanting NIEEEEEMIIII YOU SUCK just as the Big Pavelski ####ed them hard

Gotta give it up though I dropped some stuff unknowingly on my way to my seat and some people let me know, good stuff Preds fans
 10-25-2011, 11:54 PMaway - #135
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$16,795 | POWERFUL
^yo wtf is up with those ugly Nashville Jerseys?

good win for us tonight i wanted the shutout so bad, but 2 points is 2 points and we're starting to click on this road trip

you know Detroit is gonna play us hard since they're comin off 2 straight losses and we knocked em outta the playoffs last year
 10-26-2011, 08:18 AMaway - #136

d 
space
$6,976 | POWERFUL
^^^ you mean what the #### is up with every third jersey in the nhl. man i remember like two or three years ago when ottawa came out with those bull#### "sens" thirds, and tampa had the "bolts" enough was enough. (even though ottawas this year is sick) even TSN (espn in canada) analysts were laughing at how teams think they should change there home, away, or third jersey every single season. since then ottawa has had two new thirds, tampa has completely changed both of their logos and home and away jerseys. phoenix, new york rangers, columbus, buffalo, carolina and calgary have all had new thirds since then (calgarys kick a$s though, the colourway from 89 is dope and columbus should change their thirds to their actual colourway, the artillery with the blue and beige is sick) but as for the rest of the nhl they need to cool out. every year teams change it up and that has to stop. its crazy because i didnt even mention every team that has switched it up. id like a timeline and a nice little graphic of each teams jersey changes it would be cool to see.

edit: i found a site. this #### is ####ing insane. click on an era and it shows you every teams uniforms from that year. or click on a team and it gives you the timeline of uniform changes and explanation of which stripes and colours were different.

edit: i think im going to be on this site all day now. its retardedly cool and brings back a lot of old hockey memories, especially if youve been playing NHL games since Roenick was on the cover.

Last edited by WhoNextWithPlex; 10-26-2011 at 08:57 AM..
 10-26-2011, 03:43 PMonline - #137
ghettofire 3 heat pts

d 
space
$23,563 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sac-Town
^yo wtf is up with those ugly Nashville Jerseys?

good win for us tonight i wanted the shutout so bad, but 2 points is 2 points and we're starting to click on this road trip

you know Detroit is gonna play us hard since they're comin off 2 straight losses and we knocked em outta the playoffs last year
they actually don't look that bad live, maybe it's because I was far away enough that they didn't hurt my eyes

Originally Posted by WhoNextWithPlex
^^^ you mean what the #### is up with every third jersey in the nhl. man i remember like two or three years ago when ottawa came out with those bull#### "sens" thirds, and tampa had the "bolts" enough was enough. (even though ottawas this year is sick) even TSN (espn in canada) analysts were laughing at how teams think they should change there home, away, or third jersey every single season. since then ottawa has had two new thirds, tampa has completely changed both of their logos and home and away jerseys. phoenix, new york rangers, columbus, buffalo, carolina and calgary have all had new thirds since then (calgarys kick a$s though, the colourway from 89 is dope and columbus should change their thirds to their actual colourway, the artillery with the blue and beige is sick) but as for the rest of the nhl they need to cool out. every year teams change it up and that has to stop. its crazy because i didnt even mention every team that has switched it up. id like a timeline and a nice little graphic of each teams jersey changes it would be cool to see.

edit: i found a site. this #### is ####ing insane. click on an era and it shows you every teams uniforms from that year. or click on a team and it gives you the timeline of uniform changes and explanation of which stripes and colours were different.

edit: i think im going to be on this site all day now. its retardedly cool and brings back a lot of old hockey memories, especially if youve been playing NHL games since Roenick was on the cover.
our black jerseys are dope

& yeah I saw that site last year and wasted hours looking at it....time to waste a few more now that you reminded me of it
 10-26-2011, 03:53 PMaway - #138
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$16,795 | POWERFUL
yea the Kings, Pens, Caps, Leafs, Sharks, Oilers, Wild are my fav 3rd jerseys

here's another site thats really cool, you can look at any team Pro, Junior, KHL, ect., and see all the Primary, alternate, anniversary logo's and jerseys they've ever used

Last edited by SacTown; 10-26-2011 at 05:44 PM..
 10-26-2011, 04:19 PMaway - #139
Garnet & Gold 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$29,056 | POWERFUL
Caps still kinda good
 10-26-2011, 04:32 PMonline - #140
ghettofire 3 heat pts

d 
space
$23,563 | POWERFUL
did not know kings brought back the yellow purple jerseys

#### the kings tho

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Kobe looking far from Flabby
58 comments
MLB Oakland A's biggest choke artist's in Sports?
62 comments
Shots Fired iLoveMakonnen sends that ether to Troy Ave
54 comments
 Image(s) inside G-unit Is On The Cover Of Xxl’s New Issue
New reply 1 minute ago - 63 comments - by A.Dot789
 Image(s) inside Trick Daddy Celebrates His Birthday With #lhhatl’s Mim...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 69 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Birdman Aint Playing No Games!
New reply 2 minutes ago - 51 comments - by Shadiah
 Image(s) inside Rich Kids Be Like
New reply 17 minutes ago - 53 comments - by what ever
 Video inside Forza Horizon 2 |ot| The Only Club For Driving You'll ...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 142 comments - by Remy Lebeaw
  Sep 30 - Two Female High School Teachers Accused Of Se...
New reply 28 minutes ago - 136 comments - by Blockburner28
 Article inside Beef ! Troy Ave Threatens Ilovemakonnen Hopefully It ...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 116 comments - by ajeana
 NBA Dion Waiters Call John Wall 'best Backcourt' Comment &...
New reply 28 minutes ago - 199 comments - by Bkjj11

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,817 fans of BX | none new today 4,799 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.