This is BX @ Boxden.com

Nick Swisher Releases A Children's Album (video)

Nick Swisher Releases A Children's Album (video)
topic by theFREAK - 10-05-2011, 01:41 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

stunna how many copies did you buy? > Nick Swisher Releases A Children's Album (video) - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Clip Of Him Singing :

Nick Swisher Releases Album

Nick Swisher: Recording artist. The affable Yankees outfielder will release his debut album to benefit his Swish's Wishes foundation. Here's the 411:

World Series Champion and Major League Baseball All-Star Nick Swisher of the New York Yankees will be adding one more credit to his professional resume -- recording artist. On August 9th, Swisher will release his first full-length, twelve song kids CD entitled “Believe” through digital outlets. A portion of the proceeds will be going to Swish’s Wishes, Nick’s charitable foundation which is dedicated to enriching lives and lifting the spirits of children who are facing vital health issues.

"I had an absolute blast working on this project, but I couldn't have done it without having a true pro as my producer, Loren Harriet," said Swisher. "I have a tremendous amount of respect for all of the talented artists and musicians that performed on this album, but most of all I want to thank the kids. They sound amazing and I'm honored just to have been given this opportunity."

On “Believe,” Swisher is joined in the recording studio by an all-star band of musicians including drummer Kenny Aronoff (John Mellencamp, Melissa Etheridge), bassist Leland Sklar (James Taylor, Phil Collins), guitarist Tim Pierce (Goo Goo Dolls, Michael Jackson) and keyboardist Matt Rollings (Tim McGraw, Lyle Lovett). Special musical guests playing guitar on the album include former New York Yankee and Latin GRAMMY Nominee, Bernie Williams and San Francisco Giants pitcher, Barry Zito. Also accompanying Nick on the album is a group of talented kids ages eight to thirteen years old who sing backup vocals on each song. Included are kids from the nationally acclaimed music education franchise, “School Of Rock” as well as thirteen-year-old Natalie Prieb, granddaughter of Major League Baseball Commissioner, Bud Selig.

Believe was produced by Loren Harriet, who also helmed Bernie Williams’ two critically acclaimed albums.

From Tom Petty and Bill Withers to the Beatles and Three Dog Night, Swisher brings his fun and energetic personality and voice to some of the most popular and most recognized songs in music. Selecting all the repertoire himself, Swisher’s song list includes the David Bowie classic “Heroes”, John Denver’s “Take Me Home, Country Roads”, a tribute to Nick’s hometown of Parkersburg, West Virginia and “Hang On Sloopy”, a shout out to Swish’s alma mater, the Ohio State University.

Believe Track Listing
1. Heroes
2. I Won’t Back Down
3. Where The Green Grass Grows
4. Lean On Me
5. With A Little Help From My Friends
6. Everyday People
7. Proud Mary
8. Take Me Home, Country Roads
9. Joy To The World
10. Hang On Sloopy
11. Jumpin Jack Flash
12. Believe
Nick Swisher Album Recording Session - Proud Mary - YouTube

Latest Sports Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

1 comments for "Nick Swisher Releases A Children's Album (video)"

10-05-2011, 02:28 PMaway - #2
thewallochamp 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,678 | 5511870

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Apr 22 - Christie vows not to legalize pot: New Jersey..
66 comments
Image inside  New Call of Duty info
50 comments
BOX Stephen A.: "Floyd Mayweather Will Destroy Pacquiao" ..
88 comments
  So Whats The Last Verse That Actually Made You Rewind ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 83 comments - by d2921
 Image(s) inside My Dad Changed His Contact Info In My Phone And Preten...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 99 comments - by surreyjack
 Image(s) inside Just Blaze React's To Jay-z Alleged Extortion Plot
New reply 2 minutes ago - 93 comments - by SM
 Image(s) inside The Real Nike Re Stock In The Next 10 Days
New reply 3 minutes ago - 94 comments - by donmagic901
  Rappers That Never Took Off.
New reply 2 minutes ago - 199 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 Video inside Big Sean Makes History Doing Something Jay, Ye, Wayne ...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 72 comments - by PrimeLamboJr.
 Image(s) inside Here's A Good Reason To Not Shop At Kohl's
New reply 2 minutes ago - 51 comments - by justakidd
 NBA Miami Heat Owner Micky Arison When Asked Percentage Of...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 64 comments - by Motion

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,710 fans of BX | none new today 4,650 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.