NFL's Most Loyal Fan Bases

NFL's Most Loyal Fan Bases
 08-16-2013, 09:41 AMaway - #181
Saintaholic 82 heat pts82

d 
space
$16,969 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Fameus
You guys seriously have no comprehension of what a "bandwagon fan" is . One last time I will explain this, if you have no interest in lets say the Yankees and all of a sudden they make the playoffs and you go out buy every stitch of Yankees fan gear you can find and catch every second of every inning. YOU HOPPED ON THE BANDWAGON. The guy you know just happens to be a Steelers,Yankees, Lakers & Tide fan . If he only supports those teams when they are successful that is a different story though ! Only one of those teams have won a title in the last 4 years.
Yeah they hopped on the Steelers way back in the 70s during the Steel Curtain and have been riding since. The Steelers do have loyal fans and sell out stadiums on the road, but Im referring to fans that hopped on from way back when the Steelers were dominant and have no affiliation with the State of PA or city of Pittsburgh. The guy I know is a front runner/bandwagon whatever you want to call him who cares. What all those teams have in common is that they are winning historical franchises: Steelers(6 SBs), Yankees(27 ships since 1923), Lakers(16 ships since 1947 dating back to the Minneapolis Lakers), and Alabama football with 12 national championships......they didnt just start winning they have a history of winning.

Bottom line some guys just like winners to root for and Im referring to all of the ones above. Also, throw in the Dallas Cowboys and the SF 49ers.....there are tons of them here and all over the nation. So whether its not bandwagon fans or front running fans it doesnt matter what you categorize it as......they just root for winners. Im only referring to the historical franchises and programs with winning traditions not a newer one like the Miami Heat. Can you comprehend that?

Last edited by Saintaholic; 08-16-2013 at 12:53 PM..
 08-16-2013, 09:47 AMaway - #182
Eddie..|M 6 heat pts

d 
space
$14,741 | POWERFUL
I became a steeler fan in 95 slash was da troof son
 08-16-2013, 09:59 AMaway - #183
WhosIt 3 heat pts

d 
space
$887 | 3048505
Jaguars have a higher ranking than the raiders
 08-16-2013, 10:21 AMonline - #184
Fameus 3 heat pts

d 
space
$3,865 | 5798457
Originally Posted by Saintaholic
Yeah they hoped on the Steelers way back in the 70s during the Steel Curtain and have been riding since. The Steelers do have loyal fans and sell out stadiums on the road, but Im referring to fans that hopped on from way back when the Steelers were dominant and have no affiliation with the State of PA or city of Pittsburgh. The guy I know is a front runner/bandwagon whatever you want to call him who cares. What all those teams have in common is that they are winning historical franchises: Steelers(6 SBs), Yankees(27 ships since 1923), Lakers(16 ships since 1947 dating back to the Minneapolis Lakers), and Alabama football with 12 national championships......they didnt just start winning they have a history of winning.

Bottom line some guys just like winners to root for and Im referring to all of the ones above. Also, throw in the Dallas Cowboys and the SF 49ers.....there are tons of them here and all over the nation. So whether its not bandwagon fans or front running fans it doesnt matter what you categorize it as......they just root for winners. Im only referring to the historical franchises and programs with winning traditions not a newer one like the Miami Heat. Can you comprehend that?

Of course people want to support a winning team and an organization that cares. You wouldn't think it would be strange if the dude you know was like man I love the Detroit Lions ? But isn't from Michigan. And never misses a Raptors game ? But isn't from Toronto. There is one thing all the teams on the top of the list have in common the front office makes an effort to win .If your going to follow an organization you want a return on your investment. If you root for a team for years through the ups and downs you are just a fan. Point blank! Yes someone who would be a heat fan would be considered a "bandwagon fan" . There is nothing difficult to comprehend about what you wrote you just didn't understand the term "bandwagon".
 08-16-2013, 10:38 AMaway - #185
MOTTAFOOKAH 1 heat pts

d 
space
$8,984 | POWERFUL
Steelers should be at # 1... This list is bull####...
 08-16-2013, 10:40 AMonline - #186
JordanMPM 3 heat pts

d 
space
$4,285 | 9566600
Browns have 368 Browns backers bars in the country.. List is horrible!! Da Browns travel baby!

Last edited by JordanMPM; 08-16-2013 at 10:44 AM..
 08-16-2013, 10:43 AMaway - #187
acegutta22 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$1,353 | 10704532
this list is boo boo because I just seen a list that said nfc north had 3 of the most loyal fan bases and the d isn't one of them
 08-16-2013, 11:04 AMaway - #188
c-rizzle 

d 
space
$1,205 | 2305816
this is so wrong Raiders would be #1 in this , how come yall cant never let the raiders win anything lol.
 08-16-2013, 12:57 PMonline - #189
steeLTown 106 heat pts106

d 
space
$18,243 | POWERFUL
anyone remember the Yankees, Lakers and Patriots fan on here from a few years back?

no idea if that dude is still on here i dont even remember his name
 08-16-2013, 01:05 PMaway - #190
Mr AirRic 1 heat pts

d 
space
$5,632 | 9245688
looks more like a list of teams with the most bandwagon fans tbh. lets talk about a team that had 150k+ fans show up for training camp, and it wasnt even in the same area that the team is located.. same team that has the longest season ticket waiting list in the league (since the 60s)..
 08-16-2013, 01:21 PMaway - #191
Got Cheeve? 111 heat pts111

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by FuryStryfe
Jacksonville over anybody is a damn lie. They couldnt even get games on tv at one point.
Why do people still think the Jags got blackouts? Jags haven't had a blackout in FOUR years. Meanwhile in just 2012 alone these teams had blackouts: Tampa Bay (6 times), San Diego (4 times), Buffalo (2 times), Oakland and Cincinnati each had one game blacked out. Guess who didn't have one in 2012? The worst team in the league, 2-14 Jacksonville. Nor did they have one in 2011, or 2010.

In fact, in those same seasons, Tampa Bay has had 19 games blacked out in the past 3 years alone. Every single home game (8) was blacked out in Tampa in 2010. Only 5 games in the past 3 years have actually been on TV. Maybe y'all need to reassess which Florida team ain't selling tickets because y'all always point to Jacksonville when it's the HIGHEST SELLING Florida team. Over both Miami and Tampa Bay who have superior teams on the field.

Case in point:

Originally Posted by Michael Wilson
Bucs are 29. Poor economy. Games are always blacked out. Only way to follow is to stream the games online or listen on the radio.
I find it hilarious how because of one season in 2009, which also was the year of the most blackouts in NFL history (coincidentally the year after the 2008 economic recession) when the Jags had 7 games blacked out that year that they somehow became the poster child for blackouts. Other teams have had by far more blackouts before and certainly after.

08-16-2013, 01:31 PMaway - #192

d 
space
$16,969 | POWERFUL
Of course people want to support a winning team and an organization that cares. You wouldn't think it would be strange if the dude you know was like man I love the Detroit Lions ? But isn't from Michigan. And never misses a Raptors game ? But isn't from Toronto. There is one thing all the teams on the top of the list have in common the front office makes an effort to win .If your going to follow an organization you want a return on your investment. If you root for a team for years through the ups and downs you are just a fan. Point blank! Yes someone who would be a heat fan would be considered a "bandwagon fan" . There is nothing difficult to comprehend about what you wrote you just didn't understand the term "bandwagon".
Wrong, you are not just a fan if you root for a team for years through ups and downs.....thats a "diehard". Let me help you comprehend what a "diehard" fan is since you dont know. You are loyal through thick and thin, you are a fan that will always be there. My dad is a diehard Saints fan, has been since the inception of the franchise through the good and bad(mostly bad). Now you mean to tell me he's just a fan? FOH..........I respect any and every Jags fan that still shows up, any and every Lions fan that still shows up, and wont consider a guy with a Steelers, Lakers, Yankees and Alabama avy as being more loyal just bc he likes winners. Who doesnt?

Thats my point loyal fans hang around through thick and thin. There is no way you can tell me that type of fan is more loyal than a fan of a team that has suffered through years of mediocrity. They have latched on, hopped on, or whatever you want to call it whether they did it in the 70s, 80s, 90s or the 2000s......they did it at some point.

Last edited by Saintaholic; 08-16-2013 at 01:41 PM..
 08-16-2013, 01:40 PMaway - #193
Got Cheeve? 111 heat pts111

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Akira Son Bio
How do you combat that? You get a better product on the field. They did it in the 90's and early 2000's, did they not? They have one of the best RB's in the league with MJD, do they not? You want to bring fans of the team to the stadium, you put a product that they will love and respect on the field. When you start televising other games at your home field your no longer catering to loyal fans. It may be a added bonus for them, but at the end of the day its for people who just enjoy the game, not the team. And no one goes to the game to check the score board for other games. Back in the day, you used the paper for that. Now, the internet. You spend 50+ bucks on tickets to check other games you completely lost. Yeah, having the Red Zone is a smart business move, but its really not for die hard fans.
Did you not see my other post where I said they are trying to put a better product on the field? They fired everyone who was running the team. They brought in two highly regarded guys in new GM Dave Caldwell (worked with Bill Polian in the Colts heyday, and Dimitroff for the Falcons the past few years), and new HC Gus Bradley (Seattle's defensive coordinator.) They cut and didn't resign a lot of the old players who contributed to the team being bad and had bad overpaid contracts and added young, fast guys in year one of the rebuild. The only thing they didn't get this year was a new QB, which will certainly mean the Jags will be pretty bad again. But it was smart in the long run because none of the 2013 rookie QBs are on the level of the 2014 class coming up. There were no FA QBs to sign that would be long term answers either. So they waited for the rookies next year to take their guy.

Now with the RedZone #### again, when the #### did anyone say it was for die hard fans? Of course it's not, and no one said that. It's for those casual Jags fans who are on the fence about buying tickets. Every team has casual fans who root from a far when its convenient. Just like every team has their die hards (and best believe the Jags have die hards, there's actually thousands strong fan clubs called the and the Teal Street Hooligans who are all die-hards.) Just as you know, the team is only 18 years old, so it's just now gaining die hard fans who grew up as a kid with the team. But that's all that RedZone option is even about, its for those people on the fence, it does absolutely nothing negative to die hard Jags fans or the Jaguars as a franchise. You realize how many stoppages are in an NFL game? There's so many commercial breaks, so many time outs, etc. THAT's when people would maybe look over to the RedZone, but as the game is going on, anyone that paid a ticket to be there is not going to look at a ####ing scoreboard, they're going to be looking at the field. To think otherwise is you just dying to be right.
 08-16-2013, 01:42 PMaway - #194
ghettofied 69 heat pts69

d 
space
$8,016 | POWERFUL
Wrong, you are not just a fan if you root for a team for years through ups and downs.....thats a "diehard". Let me help you comprehend what a "diehard" fan is since you dont know. You are loyal through thick and thin, you are a fan that will always be there. My dad is a diehard Saints fan, has been since the inception of the franchise through the good and bad(mostly bad). Now you mean to tell me he's just a fan? FOH..........I respect any and every Jags fan that still shows up, any and every Lions fan that still shows up, and wont consider a guy with a Steelers, Lakers, Yankees and Alabama avy as being more loyal just bc he likes winners. Who doesnt?

Thats my point loyal fans hang around through thick and thin. There is no way you can tell me that type of fan is more loyal than a fan of a team that has suffered through years of mediocrity. They have latched on, hopped on, or whatever you want to call it whether they did it in the 70s, 80s, 90s or the 2000s......they did it at some point.

Loving this post.
 08-16-2013, 02:05 PMonline - #195
Fameus 3 heat pts

d 
space
$3,865 | 5798457

Were on two different pages. If your dad was to live in Cincy and repped the Saints from the 70s to Now when they are successful that is not a bandwagon fan is what im trying to say. You can live in another state and support a team without being a "bandwagon fan". I live in Pittsburgh I don't have to be a Steeler fan I don't have to root for them. Its considered a crime but that doesn't have to be my team. That was the topic of discussion ! If your dad he threw on a Drew Brees jersey in 2009 that is BANDWAGON that is all we were talking about. In my book a fan and "diehard fan" are the exact same thing , I don't do things halfway .
 08-16-2013, 02:12 PMaway - #196
lboog1423 181 heat pts181

d 
space
$17,634 | POWERFUL
how the fk are the raiders last. I know a bunch of old heads personally here in NC and they rep Oakland to the fullest
 08-16-2013, 02:30 PMaway - #197

d 
space
$16,969 | POWERFUL
Were on two different pages. If your dad was to live in Cincy and repped the Saints from the 70s to Now when they are successful that is not a bandwagon fan is what im trying to say. You can live in another state and support a team without being a "bandwagon fan". I live in Pittsburgh I don't have to be a Steeler fan I don't have to root for them. Its considered a crime but that doesn't have to be my team. That was the topic of discussion ! If your dad he threw on a Drew Brees jersey in 2009 that is BANDWAGON that is all we were talking about. In my book a fan and "diehard fan" are the exact same thing , I don't do things halfway .
Some fans are halfway, I work with a bunch of people like that. Most of the time its people that can only tell you the final score and cant tell you how the game was won or lost. I dont consider a fan and a "diehard" the same. A "diehard" can break a game down, they know all the players from the 1st to 53rd man, what schools the went to, what round they were drafted and even know whether they were undrafted. A fan which you can say is a casual fan without much knowledge is always on the fence. I guess you have casual fans(no knowledge), diehards(knowledge and loyalty) and bandwagon fans(in when the going is good).
 08-16-2013, 03:22 PMonline - #198
KingKobraAtlant 

d 
space
$725 | 1507474
Originally Posted by ghettofied
####, your fan base is just like everybody elses when you are losing. I remember that Panthers game last year, that stadium was nearly empty.
Most of the Panthers Games are like that. As well as the Dolphins.
 08-16-2013, 03:58 PMaway - #199
torious 51 heat pts51

d 
space
$56,778 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ghettofied

Speaking of trash a$s list of teams

and at the list, Raiders, Lions, Browns and the other Tormented fanbases should be higher
 08-16-2013, 04:15 PMaway - #200
X_WunderKind_X 850 heat pts850

d 
space
$23,968 | POWERFUL
Its telling how all of BX has ####ted on the raiders relentlessly because of the last decade, but even they cant agree with how low we are on this list in regards to fan support.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA NBA referee comes out as Gay...Another step forward for ..
51 comments
NBA Predict Kevin Love on the cavs #s
73 comments
NBA Kobe Putting The Moves On Lin (video)
56 comments
 NBA (video) Remember When Kobe Got Shut Down By Ray Allen ...
New reply 55 seconds ago - 60 comments - by The Bully
  Gq Magazine Names Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twist...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 134 comments - by CosbySweater
 Video inside Onyx Interview (fredo Starr & Sticky Fingaz) At Th...
New reply 1 minute ago - 227 comments - by JNumbaNC
 Video inside Raekwon Says He Cant Stand F##king H0mos
New reply 5 minutes ago - 197 comments - by WizLatifa
 NBA Charles Barkley Says There Are Only 5 Real Jobs In The...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 54 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 MLB Billy Beane Got It Done? Lester, Gomes For Cespedes?
New reply 5 minutes ago - 150 comments - by Bkjj11
 Video inside Lil B - No Black Person Is Ugly
New reply 3 minutes ago - 78 comments - by JETSoverERTHING
 Video inside How To Feed Seven People With Just $3.35
New reply 6 minutes ago - 78 comments - by Jesszman

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,760 fans of BX | none new today 4,741 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.