Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Nets fire Avery Johnson

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
44 viewing
 Video inside 10 Mysterious Archaeological Discoveries No One Can Explain
18 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
41 viewing
 Image inside Kylie Jenner Braless On Instagram
25 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
33 viewing
 Image inside Are we not gunna talk about Kim Kardashians ass?
70 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
28 viewing
 Image inside Eric B & Rakim: Reunited after nearly two decades (PIC)
29 comments
@hiphop
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Nets fire Avery Johnson
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #141
Javon23 174 heat pts174 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$40,141 | POWERFUL
Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider
Stan Van Gundy has no interest in Brooklyn job
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #142
Sha Bello 8 heat pts space
avatar space
Ether Boy
space
$3,786 | 19426378
The a.ssociation is going to be awkward as hell to watch now
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #143
iggyemu  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$21,119 | POWERFUL
Tough break. He can't be blamed for Iso Joe being the most overpaid role player in NBA history. Billy King took his team out of the Howard sweepstakes because they weren't willing to wait on Orlando who ended up caving and trading him for a box of matches. King got inpatient and decided that Joe Johnson was a the next best thing. Billy King should be fired.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #144
ReggieA 196 heat pts196 space
avatar space
^HE GOT NEXT!^
space
$36,637 | POWERFUL
.500 holding onto the 8th seed 0.5 game up on Philly and he gets fired? If I was Avery, I'd get my TV job back and never go back into coaching. They would not even give him a full year with this team, which I felt like he was at a unfair advantage to get fired so early. This organization man
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #145
THEINFAMOUS 10 heat pts10 space
avatar space
5 Beats A Day X 3 Summers
space
$39,051 | POWERFUL
Ricky Towel said:
it may be his dads fault that he doesn't know the difference between "our" and "are".
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #146
ChickzNKickz 94 heat pts94 space
avatar space
Hip Hop's Savior
space
$8,626 | POWERFUL
Curtisimo said:
Avery Johnson is not a good coach at all (maybe defensively)

I guess I'm the only one remembers how the #1 seeded mavs got embarrassed by a # 8 seed golden State

And I don't know why he has issues every fu*king point guard he coaches

From Devin Harris to Jason Kidd to now Deron Williams

Anyway

Nets Lost hahahahaha y'all motherfu*kas thought y'all was gonna take over the City
That 07 Golden State team would off ran through Dallas with or without Avery...

No one on that team was stopping a prime B-Diddy..
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #147
StuNNa 204 heat pts204 space
avatar space
#MetsArmy
space
$43,482 | POWERFUL
phil jackson said no to these bums
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #148
Rubix  space
avatar space
NY cosigned
space
$8,127 | POWERFUL
ChickzNKickz said:
That 07 Golden State team would off ran through Dallas with or without Avery...

No one on that team was stopping a prime B-Diddy..



a lot of that teams' success against the mavs had to do with don nelson knowing exactly how to neutralize nowitzki. you DO know that the mavs had a better defense than the jazz who pretty much mopped the floor with the warriors right?
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #149
eLLz 1 heat pts space
avatar space
.
space
$18,563 | POWERFUL
Hopefully this means Marshon Brooks will finally get some consistent tick now.

Y'all are super blowing this out of proportion. Avery was decent at best.

Like Based Woj said in his yahoo writeup

There's a reason all those former Spurs teammates who became GMs never considered hiring Johnson as coach. From Cleveland to Phoenix, they all passed on Johnson. His demand for control, his penchant for passing blame – in ways large and small – played a part in his demise.
Hopefully this is the spark Deron needs to get back to the level he is capable of.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #150
Curtisimo 2 heat pts space
avatar space
GOAT
space
$11,844 | POWERFUL
ChickzNKickz said:
That 07 Golden State team would off ran through Dallas with or without Avery...

No one on that team was stopping a prime B-Diddy..
The irony of you saying that is Deron sh*tted on B diddy the next series

But clearly you don't remember Avery Johnson changing his starting line up before 1 game was even played in the playoffs. That's the definition of a coach who is quick to panic
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #151
Avon_Barksdale 2714 heat pts2714 space
avatar space
"Omar's Coming Yo!"
space
$23,578 | POWERFUL
Curtisimo said:
Avery Johnson is not a good coach at all (maybe defensively)

I guess I'm the only one remembers how the #1 seeded mavs got embarrassed by a # 8 seed golden State

And I don't know why he has issues every fu*king point guard he coaches

From Devin Harris to Jason Kidd to now Deron Williams

Anyway

Nets Lost hahahahaha y'all motherfu*kas thought y'all was gonna take over the City
Everybody remembers that...Avery had something good going that season but when the playoffs started he let Don Nelson get in his head and it was over.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #152
timdog 476 heat pts476 space
avatar space
Hall Of Famer
space
$21,471 | POWERFUL
wasnt avery the coach that got the mavs to the finals (the d-whistle finals)

why couldnt don get them there

also that gs series don knew that team and b.diddy and crew went to work

avery wasnt given a full year with this squad
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #153
Rubix  space
avatar space
NY cosigned
space
$8,127 | POWERFUL
timdog said:
wasnt avery the coach that got the mavs to the finals (the d-whistle finals)

why couldnt don get them there

also that gs series don knew that team and b.diddy and crew went to work

avery wasnt given a full year with this squad
funny how you mention the finals because that was a perfect example of him getting clearly worked as a coach.

he had what? a 2-1 series lead? miami adjusted (with the help of some biased calls) and dallas made ZERO adjustments. its the story of avery's career.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #154
Curtisimo 2 heat pts space
avatar space
GOAT
space
$11,844 | POWERFUL
timdog said:
wasnt avery the coach that got the mavs to the finals (the d-whistle finals)

why couldnt don get them there

also that gs series don knew that team and b.diddy and crew went to work

avery wasnt given a full year with this squad

I do agree they fired him to quickly but I think he's a bit overrated. Especially offensively. But whatever I don't see how he's an above average head coach
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #155
timdog 476 heat pts476 space
avatar space
Hall Of Famer
space
$21,471 | POWERFUL
Rubix said:
funny how you mention the finals because that was a perfect example of him getting clearly worked as a coach.

he had what? a 2-1 series lead? miami adjusted (with the help of some biased calls
) and dallas made ZERO adjustments. its the story of avery's career.


Wade shot a whopping 97 free throws in the six games -- the most of any player since the merger -- including 25 in Game 5.


he shot 25 ft in one game what can avery do

yall act like he a terrible coach

what don nelson couldnt do get the mavs to the finals he did

all the talk he has problems with pg might be true sseing the type of pg he was so yeah there will be clashes

but wouldnt his style of coach benefit iso joe
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #156
timdog 476 heat pts476 space
avatar space
Hall Of Famer
space
$21,471 | POWERFUL
Curtisimo said:
I do agree they fired him to quickly but I think he's a bit overrated. Especially offensively. But whatever I don't see how he's an above average head coach
i aint saying avery wanna the top 5 coaches but give him a shot with a full team

they hired him with the team that was bad and he stuck with it but soon as it got thick they let him go

played avery like a rental coach
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #157
Curtisimo 2 heat pts space
avatar space
GOAT
space
$11,844 | POWERFUL
timdog said:
Wade shot a whopping 97 free throws in the six games -- the most of any player since the merger -- including 25 in Game 5.


he shot 25 ft in one game what can avery do

yall act like he a terrible coach

what don nelson couldnt do get the mavs to the finals he did

all the talk he has problems with pg might be true sseing the type of pg he was so yeah there will be clashes

but wouldnt his style of coach benefit iso joe
He could have tried to force the ball out of Wade's hands he's right he made 0 adjustments in those finals but he/The Mavs we're trying to neutralize Shaq which they did but after a game or 2 maybe they should have focused on Wade

I understand with the foul calls but at the end of the day that's just an excuse for giving up a 2-0 lead

Last edited by Curtisimo; 12-27-2012 at 05:27 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #158
Curtisimo 2 heat pts space
avatar space
GOAT
space
$11,844 | POWERFUL
timdog said:
i aint saying avery wanna the top 5 coaches but give him a shot with a full team

they hired him with the team that was bad and he stuck with it but soon as it got thick they let him go

played avery like a rental coach
The nets are not a bad team at all they got match up problems and depth out the a.ss. They definitely don't gel together and maybe it's Avery system maybe that's why they fired him because the talent is there
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #159
timdog 476 heat pts476 space
avatar space
Hall Of Famer
space
$21,471 | POWERFUL
Curtisimo said:
The nets are not a bad team at all they got match up problems and depth out the a.ss. They definitely don't gel together and maybe it's Avery system maybe that's why they fired him because the talent is there
im not saying there bad they hired avery when they were bad had that terrible season last year

then they get talent and get a bad streych now he has to go

should have gave him a shot thats all im saying

everytime things aint deron way the coach go
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #160
ghettofire 3 heat pts space
avatar space
The Retirement Home
space
$26,030 | POWERFUL
well damn.
Reply With Quote
 
Home > all sections > BX SportsCenter
  
    
          join bx

 


that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
21 viewing
Video inside The Weeknd dislikes Miley Cyrus :dead:
82 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside THICK Thai model in bikini at the beach
18 comments
2 days ago
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Aug 30 - Scienctists Proves Consciousness Moves To Another Universe At Death
318 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Video inside BreakfastClub w/ Dr. Umar Johnson: Social Cultural Issues, Discriminati..
86 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Image inside How To Tell If Your 'Pirate Black' adidas Yeezy 350 Boosts Are Real or..
21 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Article inside T-Mobile going after unlimited data abusers
46 comments
18 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
7 viewing
So we gon act like the VMA's wasn't pushing the agenda tonight
418 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Article inside Jay Z's Instagram Account Gone in One Day
64 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time