Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

MJ's Fade Away vs. Kobe's

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
50 viewing
 Nicki Minaj 'dumps Meek Mill following Drake feud...but the rapper will contin..
130 comments
most viewed right now
40 viewing
 Video inside T-Pain: "Jay Z Has Used Ghostwriters . . . "
55 comments

top in section
20 viewing
 Article inside First Fantastic Four Movie Review
top in movies
top in section
16 viewing
 NBA Whats the greatest back and forth duel in a game?
top in sports

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 MJ's Fade Away vs. Kobe's
Unread 6 years agoclass of '05 - away - #21
Hold That 95 heat pts95 space
space
$30,812 | POWERFUL
akademiks said:
Umm.. Oscar used it in the same way and Hakeem brought out the fadeaway before Mike did too..
There was nothing revolutionary about it except for the fact that the most popular athlete on earth was using it.
Show me where he's posting up then pivots right then left(or vice versa) and then fade away? The guy posts up slightly and then goes straight up with his fade away..

[video - click to view]

Unless you can find some other youtube footage of him posting up and pivoting then fading away(the same move Kobe and Jordan use when doing the fadeaway) then don't bring that oscar robertson bulls**t over here.
Unread 6 years agoclass of '06 - away - #22
rawproduct03  space
space
$6,959 | 20357395
hands down not even close, Michael Jeffery Jordan
Unread 6 years agoclass of '05 - away - #23
space
$30,812 | POWERFUL
And the more im looking at these oscar clips this dude is barely fading backwards, it's still a fadeaway but not to the degree or off balanceness that Kobe and Mike do it.
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #24
A.G 27 heat pts27 space
space
$37,515 | POWERFUL
Hold That said:
Show me where he's posting up then pivots right then left(or vice versa) and then fade away? The guy posts up slightly and then goes straight up with his fade away..

Unless you can find some other youtube footage of him posting up and pivoting then fading away(the same move Kobe and Jordan use when doing the fadeaway) then don't bring that oscar robertson bulls**t over here.
I didn't see the part where you said pivot.. I was a.ssuming you were talking about using it in the high & low post as opposed to the Lebron/VC style of fading away on jump shots..

But if we're talking about fade-aways with pivots & fades than I still think that Hakeem was the first to bring it to the mainstream and really was the only one to truly perfect it..

Funny thing is about this thread that half of the people responding probably haven't even seen MJ play in a Bulls uniform.. I'll pretty much stand at them both looking the same but if you're gonna give points to MJ for being the "original" than that's your prerogative.
Unread 6 years agoclass of '08 - away - #25
Imagin3 3 heat pts space
space
$7,409 | POWERFUL
I mean, you think you can actually get a clear cut winner here?
Anyone who thinks they're 100% right here is an idiot.
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #26
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts space
space
$4,354 | POWERFUL
Their fade away jumper is identical. The only difference is Kobe does it from a further distance.
Unread 6 years agoclass of '05 - away - #27
space
$30,812 | POWERFUL
akademiks said:
I didn't see the part where you said pivot.. I was a.ssuming you were talking about using it in the high & low post as opposed to the Lebron/VC style of fading away on jump shots..

But if we're talking about fade-aways with pivots & fades than I still think that Hakeem was the first to bring it to the mainstream and really was the only one to truly perfect it..

Funny thing is about this thread that half of the people responding probably haven't even seen MJ play in a Bulls uniform.. I'll pretty much stand at them both looking the same but if you're gonna give points to MJ for being the "original" than that's your prerogative.
See that's where you I think I confused you. I didn't mean who invented the actual fadeaway. I'm talking about how they use the move, the pivoting etc.. and Kobe pretty much uses it the same way(which is why I said the carbon copy thing), now if Hakeem uses it that same with the the pivot, then I'm clearly wrong, if he was using it before Mike in that way. But I honestly never seen nobody use it the way Mike did in the 90's. Also to be real with you Hakeem was probably one of the few superstars I didn't watch that much of in the 90's..

But me being fairly young in the 90's and being from Chicago I mostly caught Bulls games anyhow. Early 90's I'm not going to sit here and say I was an NBA Junky, I was too young but I did watch Bulls games on the regular.

Last edited by Hold That; 11-07-2009 at 04:47 PM..
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #28
k3llz 31 heat pts31 space
space
$22,697 | POWERFUL
Kobe's fadeaway looks better, Jordan was more deadly with it
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #29
A.G 27 heat pts27 space
space
$37,515 | POWERFUL
Hold That said:
See that's where you I think I confused you. I didn't mean who invented the actual fadeaway. I'm talking about how they use the move, the pivoting etc.. and Kobe pretty much uses it the same way(which is why I said the carbon copy thing), now if Hakeem uses it that same with the the pivot, then I'm clearly wrong, if he was using it before Mike in that way.
Hakeem was really doing the same thing these dudes were doing except at a closer range.. The movements and mechanics are there in the same ways in Mike & Kobe.

MJ was really heavily using the fadeaway after his 1st retirement while Hakeem was using it even in the early 90's to some extent and then it catching a lot of notice when he lead the Rockets to the titles ..

For example..

@ 1:45 & 2:10

[video - click to view]

Last edited by A.G; 11-07-2009 at 04:55 PM..
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #30
rashad0715 76 heat pts76 space
space
$10,167 | POWERFUL

[video - click to view]

Unread 6 years agoclass of '06 - away - #31
AF1PIMPN 8 heat pts space
#RaiderNation
space
$4,967 | 19009873
Tomato/Tomato. Their da same player just in different eras
Unread 6 years agoclass of '06 - away - #32
DEDOS 105 heat pts105 space
3 of dem Trophs Boy
space
$47,494 | POWERFUL
you got one player thats hitting the craziest fade away in the finals for 6 years and then we got somebody that shoots under 40% in the finals

jordan fadeaway >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

guess most the kids posting are 14 years old because they didnt see MJ play

dumbass thread ronnie bring back the hate button
Unread 6 years agoclass of '09 - away - #33
Vincent_Chase 23 heat pts23 space
See You @ the Finish Line
space
$9,773 | POWERFUL
Jordan
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - away - #34
k3llz 31 heat pts31 space
space
$22,697 | POWERFUL
AF1PIMPN said:
Tomato/Tomato. Their da same player just in different eras
lmao basically been saying the same s**t, but they will never give Kobe that kind of credit
Unread 6 years agoclass of '08 - away - #35
PBM24 6 heat pts space
AeM
space
$1,453 | 3643616
it's like ppl are afraid to admit that kobe has a smoother and s3xier looking fadeaway!!! get off jordan's nuts...
Unread 6 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #36
Young Fab  space
space
$8,767 | POWERFUL
PBM24 said:
it's like ppl are afraid to admit that kobe has a smoother and s3xier looking fadeaway!!! get off jordan's nuts...
why dontchu get off Kobe's, n*gga?

Home > all sections > BX SportsCenter

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
70 viewing
Real or fake? The undertaker sues meek mill
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
30 viewing
Meek Mill - Wanna Know (Lyrics)
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
23 viewing
Celebrities react to Meek Mill's Wanna Know
318 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Article inside Apparently Erykah Badu Is Not About That Life Says Azelia Banks
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
11 viewing
OT Ronda Rousey to the haters
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Meek went head up with prime Reed Dollaz, He can handle Drake
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Video inside thugger holyfield??? young thug sparring session for his upcoming jail ..
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Image inside Teen mom planned to bury son in a hole then go to IHOP
130 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Image inside Jordan 7 Marvin The Martian Release: August 15,2015
29 comments
@gear

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time