This is BX @ Boxden.com


MJ's Fade Away vs. Kobe's


New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

 MJ's Fade Away vs. Kobe's
 11-07-2009, 04:35 PMaway - #21
Hold That 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$28,193 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by akademiks
Umm.. Oscar used it in the same way and Hakeem brought out the fadeaway before Mike did too..
There was nothing revolutionary about it except for the fact that the most popular athlete on earth was using it.
Show me where he's posting up then pivots right then left(or vice versa) and then fade away? The guy posts up slightly and then goes straight up with his fade away..






Unless you can find some other youtube footage of him posting up and pivoting then fading away(the same move Kobe and Jordan use when doing the fadeaway) then don't bring that oscar robertson bull#### over here.
 11-07-2009, 04:35 PMaway - #22
rawproduct03 

  d 
space
$6,959 | 20357395
hands down not even close, Michael Jeffery Jordan
 11-07-2009, 04:39 PMaway - #23
gangtsa 5 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,811 | 12475324
They look the same.
 11-07-2009, 04:40 PMaway - #24
Hold That 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$28,193 | POWERFUL
And the more im looking at these oscar clips this dude is barely fading backwards, it's still a fadeaway but not to the degree or off balanceness that Kobe and Mike do it.
 11-07-2009, 04:41 PMaway - #25
A.G 27 heat pts27

  d 
space
$36,450 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Hold That
Show me where he's posting up then pivots right then left(or vice versa) and then fade away? The guy posts up slightly and then goes straight up with his fade away..




Unless you can find some other youtube footage of him posting up and pivoting then fading away(the same move Kobe and Jordan use when doing the fadeaway) then don't bring that oscar robertson bull#### over here.
I didn't see the part where you said pivot.. I was a$suming you were talking about using it in the high & low post as opposed to the Lebron/VC style of fading away on jump shots..

But if we're talking about fade-aways with pivots & fades than I still think that Hakeem was the first to bring it to the mainstream and really was the only one to truly perfect it..


Funny thing is about this thread that half of the people responding probably haven't even seen MJ play in a Bulls uniform.. I'll pretty much stand at them both looking the same but if you're gonna give points to MJ for being the "original" than that's your prerogative.
 11-07-2009, 04:42 PMaway - #26
Imagin3 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$6,832 | POWERFUL
I mean, you think you can actually get a clear cut winner here?
Anyone who thinks they're 100% right here is an idiot.
 11-07-2009, 04:43 PMaway - #27
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,261 | POWERFUL
Their fade away jumper is identical. The only difference is Kobe does it from a further distance.
 11-07-2009, 04:44 PMaway - #28
Hold That 91 heat pts91

  d 
space
$28,193 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by akademiks
I didn't see the part where you said pivot.. I was a$suming you were talking about using it in the high & low post as opposed to the Lebron/VC style of fading away on jump shots..

But if we're talking about fade-aways with pivots & fades than I still think that Hakeem was the first to bring it to the mainstream and really was the only one to truly perfect it..


Funny thing is about this thread that half of the people responding probably haven't even seen MJ play in a Bulls uniform.. I'll pretty much stand at them both looking the same but if you're gonna give points to MJ for being the "original" than that's your prerogative.
See that's where you I think I confused you. I didn't mean who invented the actual fadeaway. I'm talking about how they use the move, the pivoting etc.. and Kobe pretty much uses it the same way(which is why I said the carbon copy thing), now if Hakeem uses it that same with the the pivot, then I'm clearly wrong, if he was using it before Mike in that way. But I honestly never seen nobody use it the way Mike did in the 90's. Also to be real with you Hakeem was probably one of the few superstars I didn't watch that much of in the 90's..

But me being fairly young in the 90's and being from Chicago I mostly caught Bulls games anyhow. Early 90's I'm not going to sit here and say I was an NBA Junky, I was too young but I did watch Bulls games on the regular.

Last edited by Hold That; 11-07-2009 at 04:47 PM..
 11-07-2009, 04:44 PMaway - #29
k3llz 31 heat pts31

  d 
space
$22,697 | POWERFUL
Kobe's fadeaway looks better, Jordan was more deadly with it
 11-07-2009, 04:51 PMaway - #30
A.G 27 heat pts27

  d 
space
$36,450 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Hold That
See that's where you I think I confused you. I didn't mean who invented the actual fadeaway. I'm talking about how they use the move, the pivoting etc.. and Kobe pretty much uses it the same way(which is why I said the carbon copy thing), now if Hakeem uses it that same with the the pivot, then I'm clearly wrong, if he was using it before Mike in that way.
Hakeem was really doing the same thing these dudes were doing except at a closer range.. The movements and mechanics are there in the same ways in Mike & Kobe.

MJ was really heavily using the fadeaway after his 1st retirement while Hakeem was using it even in the early 90's to some extent and then it catching a lot of notice when he lead the Rockets to the titles ..

For example..


@ 1:45 & 2:10





Last edited by A.G; 11-07-2009 at 04:55 PM..
 11-07-2009, 05:03 PMaway - #31
rashad0715 76 heat pts76

  d 
space
$10,128 | POWERFUL



 11-08-2009, 08:48 AMonline - #32
AF1PIMPN 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,789 | 17834197
Tomato/Tomato. Their da same player just in different eras
 11-08-2009, 09:00 AMaway - #33
DEDOS 97 heat pts97

  d 
space
$41,710 | POWERFUL
you got one player thats hitting the craziest fade away in the finals for 6 years and then we got somebody that shoots under 40% in the finals

jordan fadeaway >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


guess most the kids posting are 14 years old because they didnt see MJ play


dumbass thread ronnie bring back the hate button
 11-08-2009, 11:48 AMaway - #34
Vincent_Chase 21 heat pts21

  d 
space
$9,659 | POWERFUL
Jordan
 11-08-2009, 12:05 PMaway - #35
k3llz 31 heat pts31

  d 
space
$22,697 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by AF1PIMPN
Tomato/Tomato. Their da same player just in different eras
lmao basically been saying the same ####, but they will never give Kobe that kind of credit
 11-08-2009, 02:18 PMaway - #36
PBM24 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,453 | 3643616
it's like ppl are afraid to admit that kobe has a smoother and s3xier looking fadeaway!!! get off jordan's nuts...
 11-08-2009, 02:37 PMonline - #37
Young Fab 

  d 
space
$6,060 | 13357778
Originally Posted by PBM24
it's like ppl are afraid to admit that kobe has a smoother and s3xier looking fadeaway!!! get off jordan's nuts...
why dontchu get off Kobe's, ni##a?
 
New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Killer Mike just EMBARRASSED Nelly's attempt to speak ..
94 comments
Image inside  G-Unit got Fab tucking his chain
64 comments
Chief Keef And Lil Durk Reunite (GBE x OTF)
120 comments
  Our Almighty Godfather 50 Responds To Floyd Mayweather...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 74 comments - by chrismb
 Video inside F**k This Ice Bucket Challenge Trend. I Challenge You ...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 61 comments - by BasedWavyBaby
 NBA Espn Ranks Top 10 Shooting Guards
New reply 3 minutes ago - 132 comments - by Bullet22
 Video inside Aug 20 - Park Ranger Brutally Beaten By Teen...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 87 comments - by PhillyC123
  Aug 20 - Darren Wilson Brutally Beaten... (according T...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 221 comments - by PhillyC123
 Image(s) inside Fredo Santana X Farrakhan
New reply 16 minutes ago - 74 comments - by BasedWavyBaby
 Video inside Aug 20 - St. Louis Police Release Video Of Powell Shoo...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 86 comments - by Young Buck
 Video inside Nicki Minaj - Anaconda [music Video]
New reply 21 minutes ago - 315 comments - by Danny M

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.