b o x d e n hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now hot topics today top last 48 hours all sections videos pics tracks headlines  

Michael Jordan's List of 4 Players from NOW that could survive in HIS Era of Basketball


People Viewing This Topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter
  
    
          join bx

share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook
 Michael Jordan's List of 4 Players from NOW that could survive in HIS Era of Basketball
 02-15-2013, 08:47 PMaway - #121
kurtd225 20 heat pts20

  d 
space
$7,770 | POWERFUL
Honestly Mj right tho the game has changed so much. Todays game these fools cry every time someone touches them and look for the refs to send em to the line.
 02-15-2013, 08:54 PMaway - #122
dat_boi_tj 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,932 | 7389012
Everybody feels like they lived in the greatest era.... The only true best era of anything is the "Attitude Era" of WWE wrestling!!
 02-15-2013, 09:13 PMonline - #123
skeetmcghee 

  d 
space
$2,054 | 5764851
Nike ain't include KG cuz he came in the league in 95 & played against the Bulls second threepeat team.
 02-15-2013, 09:17 PMaway - #124
richardgil 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$758 | 2735231
Let's take a look at the Bobcats and ask ourselves, does Jordan know ####?

Sure the man could ball (only second to LBJ, of course), but from an operations standpoint, dude is a moron.
 02-15-2013, 09:18 PMaway - #125
Soccer0824 

  d 
space
$601 | 1346993
Originally Posted by Avon_Barksdale
Where would Wade be without the Superstar calls?...
1 ring short.
 02-15-2013, 09:35 PMonline - #126
TraV 73 heat pts73

  d 
space
$18,108 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by swayze
I think Jordan getting shook a bit. He see's at least 2 players right now that will challenge and damn well pass his legacy. Lebron is the front runner and KD is right behind him. They are already set to pass Kobe.

Jordan coming off a bit delusional as of late. Niccaz respect is dropping by the year for dude. His personality will help players like Lebron surpass him imo.

Even if they pass him as basketball players (and even that ain't guaranteed), they will never live up to the image or icon of MJ. ####, I bet it's still some motherfuccas in China that don't even know who the Stickman is.
 02-15-2013, 09:36 PMonline - #127
Trill Livin 47 heat pts47

  d 
space
$11,699 | POWERFUL
he mad wade left JB
 02-15-2013, 09:48 PMaway - #128
Tha754kid 

  d 
space
$4,263 | 8948486
Originally Posted by Free Trotty
Damn.

Dirk over prime Wade? prime KG? Durant? Melo? CP3?
All them ni##as u named are cotton soft.....especially KD.
 02-15-2013, 09:53 PMaway - #129
Neddnyc 

  d 
space
$1 | 0
Old heads.
 02-15-2013, 09:57 PMaway - #130
kb2602 

  d 
space
$1,073 | 2674078
i couldnt agree more with mj and been telling everybody for years lbj is good but dude wouldnt be anywhere near as good in the 80's, most of yall cats on here didnt start watching hoops until after 2000, i watched hoops in the 80's and the players in this era aint toucing the 80's
the game in the 80's was much more physical, dam near every team had 7 footers and if you drove to the hole you was gonna feel it, nowadays a hard foul is a flagrant foul
so bottom line i couldnt agree more with mj, 80's>>>>>>>>>>>this cotton candy era
 02-15-2013, 10:07 PMonline - #131
Willi263 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,234 | 6440465
MJ has a point...All these numbers LBJ putting up is good, but the talent level across the board is just down. Back in the 90's, an all star roster had HOF's from the starting 5 to the bench...now you got guys like David Lee on all-star squads. What MJ faced night in and night out was a lot tougher than what LBJ does. AND for almost half of MJ's career there was no hand checking call. You drove the lane with dudes all over you then got punished when trying to get the shot up. Lebron 260 blowing by people who can barely put a hand on him. I grew up watching MJ and I'm the same age as LeBron, but I'm tired of the comparisons...because they're ridiculous
 02-15-2013, 10:17 PMonline - #132
ZeusSlaps 458 heat pts458

  d 
space
$17,473 | POWERFUL
So timmy and dirk would have there same amount of success and bron wouldnt???

And look at all the old heads in here

Last edited by ZeusSlaps; 02-15-2013 at 10:19 PM..
 02-15-2013, 10:21 PMaway - #133
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$27,285 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sticks
I love jordan but this ni##a really needs to shut the #### up.
Shut tha f*ck up white boy.

Last edited by Y.G.; 02-15-2013 at 10:26 PM..
 02-15-2013, 10:27 PMaway - #134
Nautilus O 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$7,214 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Willi263
MJ has a point...All these numbers LBJ putting up is good, but the talent level across the board is just down. Back in the 90's, an all star roster had HOF's from the starting 5 to the bench...now you got guys like David Lee on all-star squads. What MJ faced night in and night out was a lot tougher than what LBJ does. AND for almost half of MJ's career there was no hand checking call. You drove the lane with dudes all over you then got punished when trying to get the shot up. Lebron 260 blowing by people who can barely put a hand on him. I grew up watching MJ and I'm the same age as LeBron, but I'm tired of the comparisons...because they're ridiculous


In the 90's the same ni##as went to the All-Star game every year regardless whether or not they deserved it. Today you not having a 2013 Steve Nash season and getting an all star nod.

Paul Pierce aint even make it and Luol did. That's a weak argument.
 02-15-2013, 10:28 PMaway - #135
S W A N 54 heat pts54

  d 
space
$6,691 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Travi$
The announcers gush about LeBron, mentioning him in the same sentence with Jordan, who hears every word. Those words have an effect on him. He stares at the TV and points out a flaw in LeBron's game.



For the rest of the game, when LeBron gets the ball and starts his move, Jordan will call out some variation of "drive" or "shoot." It's not just LeBron. He sees fouls the officials miss, and the replays prove him right. When someone shoots, he knows immediately whether it's going in. He calls out what guys are going to do before they do it, more plugged into the flow of the game than some of the players on the court. He's answering texts, buried in his phone, when the play-by-play guy announces a LeBron jump shot. Without looking up, Jordan says, "Left?"
And this is what puts Jordan over his peers. ni##a didnt just want to beat you. He would study you so that he could demolish you and take your soul.
 02-15-2013, 10:31 PMaway - #136
KRCROOKSNY 22 heat pts22

  d 
space
$4,765 | POWERFUL
The league IS much softer tho. A ni##a like Lebron too big to be muthafukn floppin yo.
 02-15-2013, 10:38 PMaway - #137
Nautilus O 12 heat pts12

  d 
space
$7,214 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by S W A N
And this is what puts Jordan over his peers. ni##a didnt just want to beat you. He would study you so that he could demolish you and take your soul.
We talking about the same Michael Jeffery Jordan that would play 72 holes before a playoff game? Or the same one that would be out drinking and gambling the night before a game?

Jordan was just a monster, but I doubt he was watching game film on Nick Anderson and Dell Curry.


Mike aint have this expert analyst when he drafted Kwame tho
 02-15-2013, 10:38 PMaway - #138
SomeOnesoN 138 heat pts138

  d 
space
$13,534 | POWERFUL
I remember there was a thread awhile ago about how NBA players of the past compare up to players of the present..

And I personally believe that the players of the past were a lot more harder than the soft a$s players we have nowadays. The thing is, with the new rules and such, the older players would be better than most of the players of today, but the transitioning of the rules would probably hinder some of their abilities to play ball.
 02-15-2013, 10:43 PMaway - #139
jhova424 

  d 
space
$534 | 1135690
In jordans era they didn't have three steps and they didn't have uncontested dunks. Players were more focused on winning than being celebrities and the centers were just monsters. There could be more players on that list but it doesn't change the fact that players are softer now.
 02-15-2013, 10:55 PMaway - #140
babalou 

  d 
space
$12,408 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Travi$
The announcers gush about LeBron, mentioning him in the same sentence with Jordan, who hears every word. Those words have an effect on him. He stares at the TV and points out a flaw in LeBron's game.



For the rest of the game, when LeBron gets the ball and starts his move, Jordan will call out some variation of "drive" or "shoot." It's not just LeBron. He sees fouls the officials miss, and the replays prove him right. When someone shoots, he knows immediately whether it's going in. He calls out what guys are going to do before they do it, more plugged into the flow of the game than some of the players on the court. He's answering texts, buried in his phone, when the play-by-play guy announces a LeBron jump shot. Without looking up, Jordan says, "Left?"
Jordan is a fukkin BAWSE!
 

 



Video inside  Dec 21 - Police officer shot & killed in Florida
56 comments
What's Quentin Tarantino's best film in your opinion
97 comments
NBA Adrian Wojnarowski Kings and Nets discussing Deron Willi..
74 comments
  Dec 20 - Man Supposedly Shot And Killed In The Dayton ...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 68 comments - by AllenSports
 Video inside Dec 20 - They Just Shot 2 Cops In Brooklyn By Topmkins
New reply 27 minutes ago - 886 comments - by cheenz
 NBA Pg Goran Dragic Wants To Sign With New York Knicks?
New reply 11 minutes ago - 69 comments - by italiansteve
 Image(s) inside Get Ready Fellas! Our Prayers Being Answered? Nicki Mi...
New reply 28 minutes ago - 147 comments - by 187Proof
 Image(s) inside "i Guess Ya'll Can't Breathe Either"-the Gam...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 269 comments - by Bkjj11
 Image(s) inside Chief Keef's Art Show/gallery #picassosaseason
New reply 32 minutes ago - 68 comments - by RIP4SBG
 Article inside Bobby Shmurda Facing A Total Of 71 Years In Prison
New reply 18 minutes ago - 181 comments - by sdot216
 Image(s) inside Godfather Fif Reacts To News Of 2 Police Officers Bein...
New reply 40 minutes ago - 136 comments - by Carlton Black

like bx on facebook follow bx on twitter
5,903 fans of BX | none new today 4,849 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.