This is BX @ Boxden.com

Michael Jordan's List of 4 Players from NOW that could survive in HIS Era of Basketball

Michael Jordan's List of 4 Players from NOW that could survive in HIS Era of Basketball
Lightbulb topic by TraV - 02-15-2013, 08:59 AM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

JORDAN PLAYS his new favorite trivia game, asking which current players could be nearly as successful in his era. "Our era," he says over and over again, calling modern players soft, coddled and ill-prepared for the highest level of the game. This is personal to him, since he'll be compared to this generation, and since he has to build a franchise with this generation's players.

"I'll give you a hint," he says. "I can only come up with four."

He lists them: LeBron, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki.

When someone on TV compares LeBron to Oscar Robertson, Jordan fumes. He rolls his eyes, stretches his neck, frustrated. "It's absolutely … " he says, catching himself. "The point is, no one is critiquing the personnel that he's playing against. Their knowledge of how to play the game … that's not a fair comparison. That's not right … Could LeBron be successful in our era? Yes. Would he be as successful? No."

Via

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

197 comments for "Michael Jordan's List of 4 Players from NOW that could survive in HIS Era of Basketball"

02-15-2013, 09:01 AMaway - #2
Free Trotty 99 heat pts99

d 
space
$5,929 | POWERFUL
Damn.

Dirk over prime Wade? prime KG? Durant? Melo? CP3?
 02-15-2013, 09:02 AMaway - #3
Cloud 420 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,593 | 11758794
"Could LeBron be successful in our era? Yes. Would he be as successful? No.
 02-15-2013, 09:04 AMaway - #4
capone3pbs 4 heat pts

d 
space
$10,084 | POWERFUL
This dude should just stop talking... You were a great ball player, but evaluating talent isn't ur strong suit Those wouldn't be the only 4 players to make it in "Your" era But then again, you thought Kwame Brown & Adam Morrison could make it in this era so we know your opinion don't mean ####
 02-15-2013, 09:05 AMaway - #5
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$4,894 | POWERFUL
Im shocked he'd pick LeBron. I guess based soley off of athleticism... KG would easily...
 02-15-2013, 09:08 AMaway - #6
Ash10 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$25,844 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by capone3pbs
This dude should just stop talking... You were a great ball player, but evaluating talent isn't ur strong suit Those wouldn't be the only 4 players to make it in "Your" era But then again, you thought Kwame Brown & Adam Morrison could make it in this era so we know your opinion don't mean ####
Stop being a stan for once

02-15-2013, 09:09 AMaway - #7
Cloud 420 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,593 | 11758794
Alright I've seen this used about 10 times already. But it makes no ####ing sense. You don't think Jordan can't look at todays game and see who the best players are?

You don't think evaluating talent that is already in their prime is a HUGE difference than evaluating 19-22 year olds in college?

Last edited by Cloud 420; 02-15-2013 at 09:26 AM..
 02-15-2013, 09:10 AMaway - #8
TraV 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$17,727 | POWERFUL
Lightbulb Michael Studys Lebron - Artice Cont.

The announcers gush about LeBron, mentioning him in the same sentence with Jordan, who hears every word. Those words have an effect on him. He stares at the TV and points out a flaw in LeBron's game.

"I study him," he says.

When LeBron goes right, he usually drives; when he goes left, he usually shoots a jumper. It has to do with his mechanics and how he loads the ball for release. "So if I have to guard him," Jordan says, "I'm gonna push him left so nine times out of 10, he's gonna shoot a jump shot. If he goes right, he's going to the hole and I can't stop him. So I ain't letting him go right."
For the rest of the game, when LeBron gets the ball and starts his move, Jordan will call out some variation of "drive" or "shoot." It's not just LeBron. He sees fouls the officials miss, and the replays prove him right. When someone shoots, he knows immediately whether it's going in. He calls out what guys are going to do before they do it, more plugged into the flow of the game than some of the players on the court. He's answering texts, buried in his phone, when the play-by-play guy announces a LeBron jump shot. Without looking up, Jordan says, "Left?"
 02-15-2013, 09:10 AMaway - #9
Akira Son Bio 84 heat pts84

d 
space
$27,038 | POWERFUL
Stickman lost
 02-15-2013, 09:11 AMaway - #10
SmoothTay 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$16,931 | POWERFUL
Old folks talking bout back in my day .....

Yea if mark price & Craig Ehlo can survive your era I'm sure the players today def couldn't

Last edited by SmoothTay; 02-15-2013 at 09:14 AM..
 02-15-2013, 09:11 AMaway - #11
Ash10 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$25,844 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Free Trotty
Damn.

Dirk over prime Wade? prime KG? Durant? Melo? CP3?

02-15-2013, 09:13 AMonline - #12
ShaDoW1 6 heat pts

d 
space
$4,826 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Travi$
The announcers gush about LeBron, mentioning him in the same sentence with Jordan, who hears every word. Those words have an effect on him. He stares at the TV and points out a flaw in LeBron's game.

For the rest of the game, when LeBron gets the ball and starts his move, Jordan will call out some variation of "drive" or "shoot." It's not just LeBron. He sees fouls the officials miss, and the replays prove him right. When someone shoots, he knows immediately whether it's going in. He calls out what guys are going to do before they do it, more plugged into the flow of the game than some of the players on the court. He's answering texts, buried in his phone, when the play-by-play guy announces a LeBron jump shot. Without looking up, Jordan says, "Left?"
tha GAWD
 02-15-2013, 09:14 AMaway - #13
lboog1423 201 heat pts201

d 
space
$18,794 | POWERFUL
Could LeBron be successful in our era? Yes. Would he be as successful? No."
been said this ####.
 02-15-2013, 09:14 AMaway - #14
capone3pbs 4 heat pts

d 
space
$10,084 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ash1990
Stop being a stan for once

Originally Posted by Cloud 420
Alright I've seen this used about 10 times already. But it makes no ####ing sense. You don't think Jordan can't look at todays game and see who the best players are?

You don't evaluating talent that is already in their prime is a HUGE difference than evaluating 19-22 year olds in college?

So you two think only the 4 guys he mentioned would be the only ones to survive in his era???

Like I'm not refuting the 4 he said, but he's and idiot if he thinks those 4 would be the only ones to make it

And yes it does makes sense clown, his picks have been some of the most horrible in history and if these are his only picks to make it based of prime, then he doesn't know how to correctly evaluate that either
 02-15-2013, 09:14 AMaway - #15
Sticks 108 heat pts108

d 
space
$16,707 | POWERFUL
I love jordan but this ni##a really needs to shut the #### up.
 02-15-2013, 09:15 AMaway - #16
SmoothTay 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$16,931 | POWERFUL
Lebron would absolutely dominate those Whiteboys

#### is jordan smokin ??

Last edited by SmoothTay; 02-15-2013 at 09:24 AM..
 02-15-2013, 09:16 AMonline - #17
abstractq 3 heat pts

d 
space
$6,073 | 19669058
every old washed up ni##a feels like this tho

i remember when bill russell was like he could average 50 in todays game

foh old ni##a
 02-15-2013, 09:16 AMaway - #18
Ash10 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$25,844 | POWERFUL

So you two think only the 4 guys he mentioned would be the only ones to survive in his era???

Like I'm not refuting the 4 he said, but he's and idiot if he thinks those 4 would be the only ones to make it

And yes it does makes sense clown, his picks have been some of the most horrible in history and if these are his only picks to make it based of prime, then he doesn't know how to correctly evaluate that either
Now u make good points
 02-15-2013, 09:17 AMaway - #19
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$4,894 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Travi$

"I study him," he says.

When LeBron goes right, he usually drives; when he goes left, he usually shoots a jumper. It has to do with his mechanics and how he loads the ball for release. "So if I have to guard him," Jordan says, "I'm gonna push him left so nine times out of 10, he's gonna shoot a jump shot. If he goes right, he's going to the hole and I can't stop him. So I ain't letting him go right."
Crazy...

I dont visualize anyone in the game with this kind of approach and thought process on the game. Not even Kobe...
 02-15-2013, 09:20 AMaway - #20
AC_89 64 heat pts64

d 
space
$19,318 | POWERFUL
How many of them old heads wouldve survived in this era tho? like imagine john stockton trying to hold westbrook lets not act like dude didn't mention dirk tho

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Xbox One's struggles are traceable to one bad decision
72 comments
Microsoft Investigating Xbox Owners for Fraudulently Refunding ..
81 comments
NFL Dallas Cowboys fans are losing their minds
57 comments
 Image(s) inside Nas Gettin Sucked Off By Madonna In The Studio (pic)
New reply 9 minutes ago - 131 comments - by PyrexVisionary
 Video inside This Guy Asked A Homeless Man For A Slice Of Pizza. An...
New reply 42 minutes ago - 111 comments - by YungPrinceNY
 Video inside Daylyt Video In A Nice Pink Dress And Thot Wear Dissin...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 59 comments - by Star
 Image(s) inside Hov. Migos. Rowdy Rebel
New reply 2 hours ago - 67 comments - by chrismb
 audio inside Nas - The Season (full Version)
New reply 12 minutes ago - 121 comments - by MANNYSOSA
 Video inside Before Dej Loaf Would Get Your Whole "fombily&quo...
New reply 2 hours ago - 165 comments - by lilbeast
 audio inside Lupe Fiasco - Mazinger Feat. Pj [prod. By Sx]
New reply 13 minutes ago - 52 comments - by styxz
 Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj's Boyfriend Responds To Drake & Wayne ...
New reply 3 hours ago - 105 comments - by Frankybaby

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,834 fans of BX | none new today 4,801 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.