This is BX @ Boxden.com

Mangino to player: 'I'm going to send you back to St. Louis so you can get shot with your homies'

Mangino to player: 'I'm going to send you back to St. Louis so you can get shot with your homies'
topic by RAZAH CUTS - 11-19-2009, 04:48 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

also these:

Brown said another teammate had confided in the team that his father was an alcoholic and the player dreamed of becoming a lawyer.

"One day, [Mangino] said in front of the entire team, 'Are you going to be a lawyer or do you want to become an alcoholic like your dad?' " Brown said.

Mortensen said Mangino told him he had been a bad friend to someone who had died. And that Mangino would repeatedly bring up his public intoxication citation.

"He told me he'd send me back to Oakland where I could be drinking out of a brown paper bag," Mortensen said. "He told me, 'You were a s---- friend to someone I knew that passed away.' He called me a bum. He showed me no respect. He told me he'd send me back to the ghetto. I'm not a victim. I'm a grown man. I never let Mangino get to me. But you know what? I'm not bitter. I loved KU and I never let him break me."

"He'd say things like, 'I'll send you back to the street corner where you came from,' " Herford said.

"He'd say, 'This is Kansas, you're not back home,' " Crawford said. "He'd say, 'You're not back with your homies. If you're not careful you'll be watching the game in the stands with your homies. You'll be back in that neighborhood.' "

Tory Bradley was a freshman running back at Kansas State in 1996 when Mangino was the running backs coach there. He told ESPN that he had a run-in with Mangino at the Cotton Bowl, where K-State was getting ready to play BYU.

Bradley said he fell asleep in a meeting and woke up on the floor. His teammates told him Mangino pushed him out of his chair. While he was down and attempting to get up, he says, Mangino "kicked me three or four times in my butt. When I got up he started shaking me real hard."

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

16 comments for "Mangino to player: 'I'm going to send you back to St. Louis so you can get shot with your homies'"

11-19-2009, 04:50 PMaway - #2
TH35 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$57,842 | POWERFUL
I was gonna post this article earlier... It's ####ed up but some of them I was laughing at. Mangino has problems and he's way too unhealthy to be that intense probably why he had those heart problems like 2 years ago. I don't care if you are the coach, you should never put your hands on another person like that.

Last edited by TH35; 11-19-2009 at 04:54 PM..
 11-19-2009, 04:55 PMaway - #3
RAZAH CUTS 2914 heat pts2914

d 
space
$41,572 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by thehogue...
I was gonna post this article earlier... It's ####ed up but some of them I was laughing at. Mangino has problems he's way too unhealthy to be that intense probably why he had those heart problems like 2 years ago.
word? you was laughin at them ####s?

I thought all of those statements and those actions clearly signal he's a closet racist.....

Maybe I was just more appalled because I was coached by some people that did and said some of the exact same things.....trust me that typa #### is the furthest thing from being funny when it's happening to you or your friend in front of ya'll's peers.....

your supposed to be able to trust your coach, he's not supposed to be trying to emasculate you or belittle your upbringing....you gotta remember too these aren't grown men....these is college kids, some of which are still teenagers or just barely 20.....

he needs to be fired....
 11-19-2009, 04:56 PMaway - #4
Liquid-Science 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$16,386 | POWERFUL
some of em are funny as ####...

the majority of coaches are jerks, don't know why the players are whining about it...sounds like the new age pussies starting to rear their head
 11-19-2009, 04:57 PMonline - #5
DoMieD 1 heat pts

d 
space
$42,409 | POWERFUL
Is this #### for real?

Coaches go ALOT father than bull#### like this..

This is nothing.
 11-19-2009, 05:00 PMaway - #6
RAZAH CUTS 2914 heat pts2914

d 
space
$41,572 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Liquid-Science
some of em are funny as ####...

the majority of coaches are jerks, don't know why the players are whining about it...sounds like the new age pussies starting to rear their head
c'mon being a #### ain't got #### to do with saying #### like that to another person....

some coaches hide behind the fact that they pretty much control your future....His fat a$s knew those kids couldn't react and that's why he said what he said....

personally I never respected coaches that acted differently on the street than what they did at practice....snake a$s mutha####as....

i think that's why black head coaches are becoming more popular at all levels of sport.....in my experience the vast majority of black head coaches are non-confrontational and get better results for it.....they treat their players like human beings and the players respond to that....

Last edited by RAZAH CUTS; 11-19-2009 at 05:01 PM..
 11-19-2009, 05:05 PMaway - #7
TH35 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$57,842 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by RAZAH CUTS
word? you was laughin at them ####s?

I thought all of those statements and those actions clearly signal he's a closet racist.....

Maybe I was just more appalled because I was coached by some people that did and said some of the exact same things.....trust me that typa #### is the furthest thing from being funny when it's happening to you or your friend in front of ya'll's peers.....

your supposed to be able to trust your coach, he's not supposed to be trying to emasculate you or belittle your upbringing....you gotta remember too these aren't grown men....these is college kids, some of which are still teenagers or just barely 20.....

he needs to be fired....
I laughed at the this is Kansas one. I live in Kansas, Lawrence has a lot of black people. Kansas is no different in some parts than other places. Oh it's happened to a few of my teammates before in juco. Funny thing is our coach ending up winning Jayhawk conference coach of the year that year too but he got fired that next year . Mangino should know better though. I don't condone his actions at all.
 11-19-2009, 05:06 PMaway - #8
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts

d 
space
$13,616 | POWERFUL
damn, Fatboy go HARD
 11-19-2009, 05:07 PMaway - #9
TH35 73 heat pts73

d 
space
$57,842 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DoMieD
Is this #### for real?

Coaches go ALOT father than bull#### like this..

This is nothing.
Yea the ones that hit players or over work them to the point they pass out.
 11-19-2009, 05:13 PMaway - #10
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts

d 
space
$4,280 | POWERFUL
Is he trying to get the lead in Gran Torino 2? I've heard and witnessed worst, but it doesn't excuse this behavior. Some of that #### was funny.

Last edited by wheezyfbaby; 11-19-2009 at 05:15 PM..
 11-19-2009, 07:21 PMaway - #11
unkoricky 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$7,657 | POWERFUL
from an OU Board, Mangino is currently on a radio station right now..

vodnik

Mangino on the radio now
MoStateSooner

What did he say?
AlboSooner

Nothing. he ate the microphone
 11-19-2009, 07:46 PMaway - #12
D1nOnlyMrM@ 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$9,923 | POWERFUL
Says the marshmallow man from ghostbusters
Posted via Mobile Device
 11-19-2009, 09:17 PMonline - #13
YoDoods 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$6,926 | POWERFUL
this is what all the shows are talking about down here.

Sweet Lou is looking for a reason to fire his fat a$s anyways.

But yeah that "This is Kansas" #### had me dieing.
 11-19-2009, 09:27 PMaway - #14
dionedre3000 

d 
space
$7,798 | POWERFUL
LOL #### that fat a$s dude.
 11-21-2009, 01:56 PMonline - #15
CadillacVyse 383 heat pts383

d 
space
$15,536 | POWERFUL
I was a fan of his. But when i heard this shyt...NONE OF THIS IS ACCEPTABLE! #### breaking you down to build you up! This is not the old school days where you could do that shyt. As a society we are better than this bullshyt. Fire his fat a$s.
 11-21-2009, 02:22 PMonline - #16
CO Butta 3 heat pts

d 
space
$6,367 | 18330010
Damn... I didnt know Mangino was NYC-Banga
 11-21-2009, 02:32 PMonline - #17
McmasterlockPt2 34 heat pts34

d 
space
$11,453 | POWERFUL
This obese super Mario needs to be fired
Posted via Mobile Device

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  J.Coles fiancĂ©e
77 comments
Article inside  PSN Hacked Again
50 comments
Sunset Overdrive Free for Xbox Live Gold Members this Saturday
51 comments
 Image(s) inside Nov 20 - Ap Releases Video Of Bill Cosby Demanding Int...
New reply 41 seconds ago - 71 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NFL Adrian Peterson On The Vikings: 'maybe It’s Best For M...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 83 comments - by Michael 1987
 Video inside Murda Mook And Dame Dash Call Out Drake For 15 Million
New reply 6 minutes ago - 64 comments - by trill jackson
 Image(s) inside Nov 20 - Anonymous Warns Ferguson Police And Kkk In Ne...
New reply 12 minutes ago - 92 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NBA Kobe Humiliates, Disrespects, And Sons 😂james ...
New reply 8 minutes ago - 62 comments - by lefthookright
 Image(s) inside Nov 20 - #thanksmichelleobama: Photos Show ‘mystery Mu...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 120 comments - by KFrizzle
  Wendy Day (industry Insider) Say Birdman Was Forced To...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 74 comments - by CheebaHawk21
 Image(s) inside Quavo Got Two Brand New Yrn Chains
New reply 1 hour ago - 127 comments - by JNumbaNC

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,857 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,808 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.