This is BX @ Boxden.com

MAJOR: Dana laying the smack down on TRT users BIG TIME.

MAJOR: Dana laying the smack down on TRT users BIG TIME.
topic by Zaosyn - 02-15-2013, 08:00 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

Dana White came down hard on the increasing use of testosterone replacement therapy by UFC f!ghters. From his talk, it seems he became aware of f!ghters using high doses of testosterone for gains in camp, who then tapered off so they could pass blood tests administered at the time of their f!ghts.

White over the summer before the Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen f!ght had told Todd Grisham, the former WWE announcer and now ESPN reporter, that he didn't believe TRT should be in f!ghting, but came out the strongest he's ever been on the subject today after weigh-ins, in an interview transcribed by MMA Opinion.

"TRT has become a way for people to cheat. If this is what your normal level should be and then you have guys training at huge levels for their whole camp then tapering down to get to normal levels before the f***ing f!ght, that's cheating, and I don't like it anymore."

"There are plenty of guys inthe UFC that are naturally gifted and talented f!ghters. If you're testosterone levels are too low, then you're probably too old to be f!ghting. Stop f!ghting."

"We can test everybody. I'm telling you right now, if you are using testosterone replacement therapy, get ready motherf***ers becaue we're going to test the s*** out of you."

"Some things recently have led me to believe that people are f***ing cheaters, people are taking good things and turning them into a bad tihng and if you want to play those games, then guess what, we'll play."

"There's somuch s*** out there. Right now there's banned substances and we follow the regulations and we're going after the banned substances. TRT was never one of them and they would be tested leading up to the f!ght to make sure the levels are good. If you're on TRT now, you're going to wish you weren't. We're going to test the living s*** out of you."

"You have guys that go in there 100% natural with his talent and natural ability against someone on TRT, basically someone that's on steroids. I'm absolutely 100 percent against TRT and now I'm going to start f!ghting it 100 percent with the athletic commissions and I want nothing to do with it."

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-t...wn-hard-on-trt

Dana may just implement more random testing among those who are prescribed TRT, ie: weekly or bi-weekly testing, it becomes moot if the f!ghters know WHEN their test are though because some steroids can be flushed out of your system and test levels go normal after 24 hours. OR Dana could take the much more expensive route and blood test these guys and see if they have been abusing it, period. But that's unlikely.

I believe this is probably a PR stunt, because there is an incentive to allow certain guys to do what they want. It's no secret that the UFC has had a "see no evil" mentality towards f!ghters that are obviously using drugs. As long as you don't get caught then they don't care. I'm really interested in what UFC is gonna do and how genuine they are about stopping the abuse.

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

7 comments for "MAJOR: Dana laying the smack down on TRT users BIG TIME."

02-15-2013, 08:16 PMaway - #2
rec1989 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,485 | 7699698
 02-15-2013, 08:22 PMonline - #3
Dee352 163 heat pts163

d 
space
$9,405 | POWERFUL
 02-15-2013, 08:27 PMaway - #4
the player 9 heat pts

d 
space
$14,064 | POWERFUL
 02-15-2013, 08:31 PMonline - #5
ShadyVsEminem 191 heat pts191

d 
space
$14,943 | POWERFUL
Good, if there is gonna be so much controversy over the loophole it shouldnt be there. Its a company you lose a few f!ghts and you are cut so obviously people will look to find an edge
 02-15-2013, 09:34 PMaway - #6
Jersey732 6 heat pts

d 
space
$4,298 | 16142361

02-15-2013, 10:49 PMaway - #7
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28

d 
space
$12,675 | POWERFUL
if you don't have enough testosterone you shouldn't be competing at this level...
 02-15-2013, 10:57 PMaway - #8
Michael 1987 636 heat pts636

d 
space
$58,583 | POWERFUL
Dana talks too damn much....and way more than most f!ghters do now.. He needs to stfu for once.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Pretty Brazilian Model Daiane Sodre
64 comments
Two Years Later: Joker or Bane?
66 comments
NBA NBA Player Rap Counterparts?
74 comments
  Aug 29 - Positive Hiv Test Again Halts Pr0n Filming
New reply 4 minutes ago - 51 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
  Bobby Shmurda Knocked For Gun Possession & Can Be ...
New reply 22 minutes ago - 155 comments - by J Money 95
 audio inside Game - Don't Shoot (feat. Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, Diddy, ...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 144 comments - by A.Dot789
 Image(s) inside Chingy Says Isis Is A Made Up Terrorist Group Created ...
New reply 30 minutes ago - 161 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Rumor: Nicki Minaj Is Pregnant By Long Time Bf Safaree...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 68 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Video inside Dame Dash Answers - "do You Owe Beanie Sigel Mone...
New reply 30 minutes ago - 89 comments - by Dollaz
 Video inside Snoop Done Lost His Mind
New reply 21 minutes ago - 81 comments - by Bea5T
 NBA Why 1-3-1 Defense Has Been Removed From Nba 2k15
New reply 34 minutes ago - 100 comments - by Hovi Bryant

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.