This is BX @ Boxden.com

Leon Powe: Hidden, overlooked gem?

Leon Powe: Hidden, overlooked gem?
topic by Rynoh - 03-22-2010, 04:38 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

Powe never really got a chance to get alot of minutes in Boston, but was very efficient when he did, he provided nothing but quality minutes off the bench, rarely ever hindering the team... that's all I know about him from being in Boston. I'm glad he signed with us.

Since he's come to the Cavs, I've been nothing but impressed with his footwork, gameplay, fundamentals, and work ethic.

Since his first game back from injury he has turned the ball over only 7 times total... This dudes' footwork in the paint is ridiculous, & fundamentally sound. Last year, he was 7th in the NBA among reserves for most FT attempts.

Even the quality minutes he's had up until the massacre in the Detroit game last night have been pretty good. I'm glad Ferry had this guy signed, he's turning out to be a TRUE diamond in the rough. A hustler on both ends of the floor and very aggressive. I hope he still gets quality minutes when Z & Shaq get back.

Latest Sports Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

32 comments for "Leon Powe: Hidden, overlooked gem?"

03-22-2010, 04:41 PMaway - #2
Sabotage 8 heat pts

d 
space
$17,085 | POWERFUL
they signed him for only a million too the dude looks good out there
 03-22-2010, 04:42 PMaway - #3
Sabotage 8 heat pts

d 
space
$17,085 | POWERFUL
him and verajao are gonna cause some ruckus in the paint
 03-22-2010, 04:44 PMaway - #4
Rynoh 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sabotage
they signed him for only a million too the dude looks good out there
He was a steal, just like Jamison. I'm beginning to think that him and Stern have had something worked out for awhile now. It doesn't make sense. :hmm:
 03-22-2010, 04:44 PMaway - #5
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48

d 
space
$8,142 | POWERFUL
once he gets his timing back he will be very solid,ive be impressed with his hustle so far,but verything else is still kinda rough
 03-22-2010, 04:44 PMaway - #6
Hurricane Ra 

d 
space
$13,852 | POWERFUL
He was always a fan favorite in Boston. Almost all fans wanted him to play more (so did the commentators). Hes a ferocious on the boards when they gave him the minutes
 03-22-2010, 04:45 PMaway - #7
Sabotage 8 heat pts

d 
space
$17,085 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by WilliamHBonnie
He was a steal, just like Jamison. I'm beginning to think that him and Stern have had something worked out for awhile now. It doesn't make sense. :hmm:
Speaking of him, dude has the ugliest jumpshot ever I cringe when watching atawn shoot
 03-22-2010, 04:48 PMaway - #8
Rynoh 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by sneekas
i liked him wen he was with boston
He's good. He finally had "that one" rim rattling dunk I think that made him feel better about himself from injury last night against the Pistons.

Up until then, he seemed kind of reluctant to fully go at the hoop, seemingly afraid of what would be beneath his feet on the way down... like Maxiells' foot.

Now that the cobwebs are coming off, the rust is starting to shine, and the minutes are increased, will the REAL LEON POWE please stand up?
 03-22-2010, 04:48 PMaway - #9
FLAfynestshawti 

d 
space
$4,243 | 13656707
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ra
He was always a fan favorite in Boston. Almost all fans wanted him to play more (so did the commentators). Hes a ferocious on the boards when they gave him the minutes

i always liked dude... never saw him out on the court much with the celtics though. i always wondered why they didnt play him more. i missed the whole pickup, i was watching a cavs game the other day and im like WTF i know that aint leon powe in a cavs jersey...
 03-22-2010, 04:48 PMaway - #10
wtr1906 30 heat pts30

d 
space
$14,066 | POWERFUL
Definitely a GREAT pickup by the Cavs.... I was actually really shocked when Boston let him leave. I liked him better than Perkins
 03-22-2010, 04:49 PMaway - #11
Rynoh 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ra
Absolutely, I believe it. His PER averages are pretty damn good.
 03-22-2010, 04:50 PMaway - #12
Rynoh 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Sabotage
Speaking of him, dude has the ugliest jumpshot ever I cringe when watching atawn shoot
Jamison? I don't know, I think it's alright. It's usually either one foot from the hoop, or a 3ball.
 03-22-2010, 04:51 PMaway - #13
k3llz 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$22,697 | POWERFUL
won't be a factor this year
 03-22-2010, 04:54 PMaway - #14
Rynoh 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by braided_uppimp
won't be a factor this year
Premature specuation, but w/e you want to say go right ahead.

I've noticed Powe is VERY broad, and brick-wallish in the post, doesn't give up much ground, and very hard to move and shimmy around.
 03-22-2010, 04:54 PMaway - #15
blockburna 

d 
space
$1,632 | 4467314
Leon goes hard urynight you can count on that...I think come post season he's gonna be a big factor if they give him the minutes..I wish him the best until he crosses my lakers
 03-22-2010, 04:59 PMaway - #16
Rynoh 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by sneekas
yup...and dont forget..he jus joined the cavs this year
so hes still a lil "ehhh" wen playin u kno
dont have that chemistry like some of the others have
Exactly. With his style of play, he can only get better. He just needs someone to give him the minutes.
 03-22-2010, 05:01 PMaway - #17
TheBallDontLie 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$9,811 | POWERFUL
Lowe is tight with a lot of guys from the Celtics, so if they meet in the playoffs don't be surprised to see some point shaving from him.
 03-22-2010, 05:03 PMaway - #18
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48

d 
space
$8,142 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheBallDontLie
Lowe is tight with a lot of guys from the Celtics, so if they meet in the playoffs don't be surprised to see some point shaving from him.
dont worry celtics wont see us in the post season,because they will be leaving in the forst round
 03-22-2010, 05:05 PMaway - #19
Rynoh 1 heat pts

d 
space
$6 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheBallDontLie
Ok good lookin' out. I'll be weary when wagering on that series, if it even happens at all. :rolleyes:
 03-22-2010, 05:11 PMaway - #20
O Nasty 86 heat pts86

d 
space
$18,330 | POWERFUL
Dude is playing well and he isn't close to being 100% explosive and in shape wise. He's healthy but you don't get on the court after not playing for awhile and plus having surgery and get right back in the groove of things. But even with that he's giving us good minutes.

He's just a winner....Glad Dan Gilbert ain't stingy with the money and told Ferry to go grab em

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Whats the worst movie you've ever watched?
76 comments
So, yeah.. a little worried about "The Order: 1886"
52 comments
Video inside  Madden Fan Drops $95 On Ultimate Team, Interrogated By..
69 comments
 Video inside The Truth About Beats By Dre!!! (mkbhd)
New reply 2 minutes ago - 142 comments - by calviiin
 Video inside Iggy Azalea...b*tch Was With Him Shooting In The Gym
New reply 16 minutes ago - 74 comments - by local celebrity
  Aug 30 - Did The Historical Jesus Exist? A Growing Num...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 154 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NCAAF College Football Week 1: What Did We Learn This Weekend?
New reply 18 minutes ago - 85 comments - by CadillacVyse
  11 Year Old Rapper Releases Spaceghostpurrp Diss After...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 99 comments - by hayday12
 Image(s) inside Aug 30 - Florida Mother Hangs Up On Missing Child Call...
New reply 26 minutes ago - 59 comments - by BangEm904
 NBA Rondo Wants Out (macmullen)
New reply 15 minutes ago - 118 comments - by Jiraiya
 Image(s) inside Actors/actresses You Cant Stand
New reply 34 minutes ago - 117 comments - by italiansteve

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.