This is BX @ Boxden.com

Larry Bird Speaks on Lebron's Decision

Larry Bird Speaks on Lebron's Decision
topic by evici1 - 07-19-2010, 08:02 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

As for the saga that led to the union of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, Bird had mixed feelings.

"That's why we have free agency," he told Dakich. "When you get an opportunity to get an open market, anything can happen. I'm like a lot of people. I'd like to have seen LeBron stay in Cleveland but his desire was to go play with some great players and try to win championships. You've got to do what's best for yourself. He's a very, very talented young man, a great basketball player and he wanted to go play with Wade and Bosh. He had the ability to do that and he did it.

"I remember back in my days, I'd rather play against Earvin Johnson than play with him," he said. "I know he's a great player and you always want to play with the best but I just loved to compete against him. He's a guy I always compared myself to. I'd rather stay in Boston and let him stay in L.A. and just compete every year in the Finals. That's what made me a better player. It would've been too easy if we played together."

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

100 comments for "Larry Bird Speaks on Lebron's Decision"

07-19-2010, 08:05 PMaway - #2
Bkjj11 151 heat pts151

d 
space
$33,536 | POWERFUL
MJ saying the same thing with Larry.

Kobe would say the same.

Lebron made the biggest mistake in his career when it comes to his reputation. This will always be the black cloud over his head.
 07-19-2010, 08:07 PMaway - #3
DEDOS 91 heat pts91

d 
space
$40,227 | POWERFUL
ya bird but you had parish/mchale/dennis johnson/ bill walton ect

if you were stuck with the bums that bron had you would of bounced too

some people are blessed to have been picked by winning franshises like boston/LA in huge markets and boston/LA were winners before you got there and they were winners when you left

07-19-2010, 08:11 PMaway - #4
jj01 

d 
space
$35,330 | POWERFUL
bron is getting a bad rap for this, each player who has spoke out played with 2-3 players better than anybody bron has ever had on his team. add to that they all played in much more marketable cities, ones that didnt have the problems attracting talent the way a place like cleveland does.
 07-19-2010, 08:12 PMaway - #5
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$26,882 | POWERFUL
man all the former greats taking shots @ lebron

no wonder why hes keeping quiet... probably letting the !!storm settle
 07-19-2010, 08:12 PMaway - #6
Stupendamatic 76 heat pts76

d 
space
$13,990 | POWERFUL
the greats know what's up, playing against each other was not only good for them as players but for basketball itself. The rivalries it created, the great finals games....That's one thing I loved about basketball in the 90's Knicks vs Bulls, Knicks vs Pacers, Bulls vs Jazz, Knicks vs Rockets etc
 07-19-2010, 08:14 PMaway - #7
shady4180 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,426 | 6036358
Originally Posted by P. Dedos

some people are blessed to have been picked by winning franshises like boston/LA in huge markets and boston/LA were winners before you got there and they were winners when you left

All the bums he had....he still had the best record 2 years straight? So team couldnt have been that bad.
 07-19-2010, 08:15 PMonline - #8
philly337 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$20,483 | POWERFUL
Bron been making comments on twitter...surprised media didn't report everything he says
 07-19-2010, 08:16 PMonline - #9
Dat 1 Dude 

d 
space
$2,968 | 4618776
are they really going to keep asking people the same question when everyone already know they will give the same response..?
 07-19-2010, 08:17 PMaway - #10
Captain Fresh 4 heat pts

d 
space
$3,590 | 12057883

them bums lead the league to back to back 60 win seasons..
 07-19-2010, 08:19 PMaway - #11
DEDOS 91 heat pts91

d 
space
$40,227 | POWERFUL
ya and your gonna see this season that they are gonna win 30 games without him

when bron did not play this season they went 1-5 without him

this team will be lottery bound mark it down
 07-19-2010, 08:19 PMaway - #12
QbanLinxx 

d 
space
$993 | 642130
^^^^ Dont forget Knicks vs Heat, Mourning and Pat stay going at it
 07-19-2010, 08:19 PMaway - #13
Skeetx3.2 7 heat pts

d 
space
$1,108 | 6573511
Originally Posted by shady4180
All the bums he had....he still had the best record 2 years straight? So team couldnt have been that bad.
That

....and he was saying that he would have gone it alone instead of teaming up with other great players. Also, stop throwing out players who were around these guys. Great players make other players good and that's what MJ did with the Bulls, Magic did with the Lakers, and Bird did with the Celtics. I'm not saying those guys were bums but the greats on the team took the other players to a higher level.

Even if you're a Miami fan you have to admit Lebron hurt his overall legacy by becoming the number two player to Wade.
 07-19-2010, 08:21 PMaway - #14
Bkjj11 151 heat pts151

d 
space
$33,536 | POWERFUL

they were a natural team, no free agency hype with twitters nor planned being on the same team 2 years in advance. They played together and won together.

Lebron & Wade & Bosh just gonna play together.
 07-19-2010, 08:21 PMaway - #15
DEDOS 91 heat pts91

d 
space
$40,227 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Skeetx3.2
:Magic did with the Lakers, .
when magic joined the lakers

kareem won the league mvp the year before

then they went on and got another #1 overall pick in james worthy

haterz gonna hate
 07-19-2010, 08:22 PMaway - #16
PR0TENTIAL 54 heat pts54

d 
space
$13,025 | POWERFUL
ya and your gonna see this season that they are gonna win 30 games without him

when bron did not play this season they went 1-5 without him

this team will be lottery bound mark it down
Please stop. You stay defending LeBron 24/7 and it's sickening. At the end of the day, had LeBron NOT picked Miami, you would be just like the rest of them.
 07-19-2010, 08:22 PMaway - #17
efromthev 2 heat pts

d 
space
$3,741 | 13576909
them bums lead the league to back to back 60 win seasons..
I think you mean Lebron did that. Tell me one other really good player on the Cavs, I'll wait but it won't do any use because there isn't one.
 07-19-2010, 08:23 PMaway - #18
thegod 

d 
space
$1,307 | 906225
Originally Posted by shady4180
Exactly. I dont get why cats keep saying Lebron aint have no team. How do you have the best record in the whole damn NBA, not just the east, with no team...Luck?....Lebron's squad was obiviously pretty decent to have the record they've for the past few years. Even if individually, they arent all hall of famers, they clearly were more than capable of getting the job done. Only one team is gonna make it. The team that statically should get the ring, doesn't always.

Stop making excuses. The ball was just dropped..period. Cats act like it was impossible for him to win a championship with his team. These ppl werent saying that when they ended the season with the best record in the league.
 07-19-2010, 08:25 PMaway - #19
iCON-8 1 heat pts

d 
space
$7,834 | 18152505
U dumb lil niccas need to show respect and listen to the greats of the game..

If they imply lebrons a !! then lebrons a !! .. No way round that .. He a pippen now for the rest of his career.
 07-19-2010, 08:25 PMonline - #20
philly337 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$20,483 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by efromthev
I think you mean Lebron did that. Tell me one other really good player on the Cavs, I'll wait but it won't do any use because there isn't one.
Have to agree...he had a decent squad but not that good. I think people either even though cavs got swot he petty much took them to the finals by bundled a few years ago...pretty crazy

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Mark Forums Read

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Vintage Pam Grier In The 1970's.......
66 comments
Article inside  Ice Cube: Ride Along Was "Robbed" at MTV Movie Award..
82 comments
All Next Gen Console Owners: System off or Standby
59 comments
 Image(s) inside So Excited To Meet My Dad...
New reply 32 seconds ago - 62 comments - by Ham Rove
 MLB Espn First Take With An Ignorant Tweet On Jackie Robin...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 140 comments - by theFREAK
 NBA Damian Lillard's New Footlocker Commercial "no Ri...
New reply 1 minute ago - 70 comments - by Motion
 Video inside Happy Makes Pharrell Cry | Own
New reply 14 minutes ago - 59 comments - by justinjones
 Image(s) inside Rappers With Fake Watches Put On Blast!
New reply 5 minutes ago - 169 comments - by ChickzNKickz
 Image(s) inside Post Pics: If Bx Was A Person
New reply 15 minutes ago - 107 comments - by mcrw4
 NBA It's Crazy How Lebron Bouta Pass Niggas That Been In T...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 88 comments - by HeatMafia410
 Image(s) inside Paparazzi Still Won't Leave Wale Alone
New reply 16 minutes ago - 113 comments - by GHova315

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,697 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,650 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.