This is BX @ Boxden.com

Kobe vs Jordan vs LeBron vs Durant - discussion thread (will be merged here)

Kobe vs Jordan vs LeBron vs Durant - discussion thread (will be merged here)
 06-12-2011, 08:43 PMaway - #161
Hurricane24 9 heat pts

d 
space
$6,587 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by thegoldenhero
na jordan would still put better numbers imo just off the fact what seperates jordan and kobe is how freaking athletic jordan was and how he can palm the ball with one hand and do all that crazy with the ####...i think he also would have went to the line more but your idk if his numbers would look as good as it did back then...plus jordan takes smarter shots than kobe
Kobe was very athletic for a while too only up until about 2 years ago did it slowly go down, and palm a ball? Wth? As if kobe can't? I think they are equals, and damn kobe had 35 ppg one season in this era where u can double team
 06-16-2011, 09:27 AMaway - #162
philly337 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$21,472 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Hurricane24
Imo kobe and jordan are equals, I know people will point to jordans outlandish numbers but jordan never had to face a zone d, never had to face double and triple teams because of illegal d so I think those more iso opportunities plus his freakish athleticism for his era give him more opportunies to get easy shots. I think had jordan faced defense like that, he would not have had as high of numbers. But he is jordan and would still have great numbers, just think they'd closer translate to what we've seen from kobe
Son please...nobody barely even runs zone and when they do teams usually #### on them. Only times teams run zone is to try and give a different look if theyre gettin ####ted on. Mavs one of the only teams who run a zone like that and how'd that work out for a kobe

Also u might want to put youtube in ur browser....although it was "technically" illegal teams used to double team and run zone all the time

Lastly an old broken down mj played in this very era with these same rules and with no athleticism,no driving ability,a flat shot,and bad knees still came out and put up 23 ppg and was actually 7th in scoring before his knees broke down
 06-16-2011, 09:30 AMaway - #163
Cambury 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$23,250 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by philly337
Son please...nobody barely even runs zone and when they do teams usually #### on them. Only times teams run zone is to try and give a different look if theyre gettin ####ted on. Mavs one of the only teams who run a zone like that and how'd that work out for a kobe

Also u might want to put youtube in ur browser....although it was "technically" illegal teams used to double team and run zone all the time

Lastly an old broken down mj played in this very era with these same rules and with no athleticism,no driving ability,a flat shot,and bad knees still came out and put up 23 ppg and was actually 7th in scoring before his knees broke down
that wasnt this era...
 06-16-2011, 10:17 AMaway - #164
philly337 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$21,472 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Cambury
that wasnt this era...
Lol this ####in guy...maybe I need to make it more simplistic for u

Zone defenses became legal 01-02

Jordan played that year and the year after as a broken down old man and still did ok

No difference in the league today and the early 2000's

Hate when ####s post irrelevant #### and u have to break it down cause theyre dumb as ####

Why I even respond? U cant even understand how 1+1+1+1+1+1+1-1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1x0 = 14

Something a third grader can answer
 06-17-2011, 12:20 AMaway - #165
Hurricane24 9 heat pts

d 
space
$6,587 | POWERFUL

Jordan played that year and the year after as a broken down old man and still did ok

Hate when ####s post irrelevant #### and u have to break it down cause theyre dumb as ####

Why I even respond? U cant even understand how 1+1+1+1+1+1+1-1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1x0 = 14

Yeah? We going to pretend we don't see zones? And u could double team for 5 seconds or get called for illegal defense. And 2001=2011? This era? Today's nba has so much more talent than even 10 years ago. But if jordan played in this era then his name would be kobe. Is it so hard to believe that jordan has an equal?
 07-03-2011, 04:51 PMaway - #166
Jostre 

d 
space
$1,351 | 6587600
IMHO,,, Jordan will be jordan and its hard to compare because of the different ERA's. Jordan played in a less athletic ERA where there was solid fundamental skill to make up for that lack of athleticism.

Kobe has been playing in the middle of an older generation to a newer one and is still dominating, is still regarded in the league, by players, coaches, as one of the BEST. players in the league want to be like KOBE. He has 5 championships, 1 mvp, 3 finals MVP, has been an All-star practically his whole NBA career. Has many streaks such as 50 points or more in 4 cons. games, 40 point streaks, etc.

winning a NBA championship in this league is very hard, especially in this generation of talent, let alone 5. Kobe has defined what clutch means in the regular season, and playoffs. i especially think western conference teams know this; such as sacramento, portland, san antonio, phoenix, denver, oklahoma ,

All these teams know kobe and dont wna see him in the playoffs, and thats all i gta say for that.

and as far as lebron comparisons, kobe is his athletic prime was unstoppable and >>>. now that kobe has been aging, it is still apparent he is very relevant in this league not by his athleticism, but by his skill set. what i am trying to say is once lebron loses his amazing athletics, he is done. Kobe on the other hand has still continued to prove he is relevant and overall the bette player. what has lebron done anyway???
 07-03-2011, 06:04 PMaway - #167
philly337 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$21,472 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Jostre
IMHO,,, Jordan will be jordan and its hard to compare because of the different ERA's. Jordan played in a less athletic ERA where there was solid fundamental skill to make up for that lack of athleticism.

Kobe has been playing in the middle of an older generation to a newer one and is still dominating, is still regarded in the league, by players, coaches, as one of the BEST. players in the league want to be like KOBE. He has 5 championships, 1 mvp, 3 finals MVP, has been an All-star practically his whole NBA career. Has many streaks such as 50 points or more in 4 cons. games, 40 point streaks, etc.

winning a NBA championship in this league is very hard, especially in this generation of talent, let alone 5. Kobe has defined what clutch means in the regular season, and playoffs. i especially think western conference teams know this; such as sacramento, portland, san antonio, phoenix, denver, oklahoma ,

All these teams know kobe and dont wna see him in the playoffs, and thats all i gta say for that.

and as far as lebron comparisons, kobe is his athletic prime was unstoppable and >>>. now that kobe has been aging, it is still apparent he is very relevant in this league not by his athleticism, but by his skill set. what i am trying to say is once lebron loses his amazing athletics, he is done. Kobe on the other hand has still continued to prove he is relevant and overall the bette player. what has lebron done anyway???
lol at the hardware u named for kobe and stretches of 40-50 point games...do u understand how ####ty his accomplishments look compared to mj? And lol at defining clutch...

Kobe shoots around 30% on game winning shots for his career (just for measurement lebron james, shoots better), hes 6 for 25 on gw shots in the playoffs and has missed his last 7 attempts, he got blown out by 39 points in the finals, lost a 20 point lead in the finals at home in same series, lost 3-1 lead to suns, shoots 41% on his career in the finals, in 4 of 7 finals appearances averaged a fg% of 42%,40%,38%,37%, and not only just got swept by the mavs but lost again in a series deciding game by 30+

Clutch
 07-05-2011, 11:56 AMaway - #168
BDoBBs21 

d 
space
$42 | 502
Everyone better know Jordan is better
 07-05-2011, 12:15 PMaway - #169
dehdeh23 6 heat pts

d 
space
$966 | 5972598
I think Dallas sweeping LA in the playoffs while Kobe was only 32 and only avg 17 pts in the series is enough to put the Jordan vs Kobe debate to an end. Plus, 2 finals MVP vs 6 finals MVP? Lets be real. I love Kobe tho, but MJ>K24. Lebron not even in the conversation.
 07-18-2011, 02:01 PMaway - #170
A.M.BESSA 1 heat pts

d 
space
$966 | 3316467

14x0=0

not tryna to make u sound irrelevant or nothin

wow my ni##a u sonned yourself cuz you actually think it equals 14 LMAO

07-18-2011, 05:01 PMaway - #171
snoopdoggiz 46 heat pts46

d 
space
$3,735 | POWERFUL

Why I even respond? U cant even understand how 1+1+1+1+1+1+1-1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1x0 = 14Something a third grader can answer

ni##a go to kindergarten.
 07-18-2011, 05:12 PMaway - #172
philly337 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$21,472 | POWERFUL

Epic fail for these two ####s

Let me break it down for u retards

1+1+1+1+1+1+1-1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1x0=?

Do u remember pemdas

Multiplication comes first so now is....

1+1+1+1+1+1+1-1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+0=?

Now u add/subtract left to right giving u the answer of 14. U two need to go back to elementary school with the other dumbass I was originally talking to

####ng idiots I swear
 07-18-2011, 06:29 PMaway - #173

d 
space
$3,735 | POWERFUL

Epic fail for these two ####s

Let me break it down for u retards

1+1+1+1+1+1+1-1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1x0=?

Do u remember pemdas

Multiplication comes first so now is....

1+1+1+1+1+1+1-1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+0=?

Now u add/subtract left to right giving u the answer of 14. U two need to go back to elementary school with the other dumbass I was originally talking to

####ng idiots I swear

Are you actually being serious right now? Seriously? Just off yourself now.
 07-18-2011, 06:37 PMaway - #174
philly337 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$21,472 | POWERFUL
Bahahahaha...this ####ing dude does not really know third grade math.

Pemdas...the order is

1. Parenthesis (their are none)
2. Exponents (their are none)
3. Multiplication (so u multiply the 1x0 first dumbass)
4. Division (their is none)
5. Addition
6. Subtraction

Just like multiplication and division is ranked the same addition and subtraction rank the same so u work left to right when u have both.

Now follow with me....

First u multiply the 1x0

Then u add/subtract from right to left getting the answer of 14

This is basic math and u should just stop replying cause ur looking stupid as ####

Last edited by philly337; 07-18-2011 at 06:50 PM..
 07-18-2011, 07:03 PMaway - #175

d 
space
$3,735 | POWERFUL
Bahahahaha...this ####ing dude does not really know third grade math.

Pemdas...the order is

1. Parenthesis (their are none)
2. Exponents (their are none)
3. Multiplication (so u multiply the 1x0 first dumbass)
4. Division (their is none)
5. Addition
6. Subtraction

Just like multiplication and division is ranked the same addition and subtraction rank the same so u work left to right when u have both.

Now follow with me....

First u multiply the 1x0

Then u add/subtract from right to left getting the answer of 14

This is basic math and u should just stop replying cause ur looking stupid as ####
Hahaha i stand corrected, being this high and doing math dont go well together. Guess thats why i keep failing calculus
 07-18-2011, 07:17 PMaway - #176
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts

d 
space
$6,611 | POWERFUL
 07-28-2011, 04:59 AMaway - #177
lilbigbrother 

d 
space
$139 | 234600
No discussion needed. Old School is the best school.
 08-02-2011, 12:06 PMaway - #178
hollatchadude 

d 
space
$686 | 2030399
Im laker fan, kobe stan. Whatever, there was a time when i thought was as good or may surpass jordan. I was wrong. And i think the difference they both have that "switch" but kobes switch comes and gos, but jordan flipped on command! The evidence is in this years laker playoff run!
 08-11-2011, 03:01 PMaway - #179
TheT 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$13,625 | POWERFUL

It's good to be the GOAT.
 08-11-2011, 03:11 PMaway - #180
KidKingGoD 2 heat pts

d 
space
$6,526 | 17439510
Originally Posted by lilbigbrother
No discussion needed. Old School is the best school.
When kobe and ;ebron stop choking on the opposing teams di#ks in the finals/playoffs then they can be mentioned with jordan. These ni99as are pale imitations of a true champion.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Oct 22 - Autopsy reveals Michael Brown reached for of..
72 comments
Article inside  Titanfall teases 'biggest update' details for tomorr..
68 comments
Image inside  NBA LIVE 15 EA Access Full Game Trial Lands October 2..
56 comments
 MLB The 2014 World Series: Kansas City Royals Vs. San Fran...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 611 comments - by !!!
 Video inside T.i. At The Breakfast Club: Iggy & Snoop, Ebola, G...
New reply 37 minutes ago - 77 comments - by BreakfastClub
 NFL Some Seahawks Players Allegedly Don’t Think Russell Wi...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 158 comments - by st21
 NBA Report: Source Claims Kobe Nearly Prevented Steve Nash...
New reply 1 hour ago - 66 comments - by T.O.N.Y.
 Image(s) inside Freeway Robbed For Rocafella Chain?[rumor]
New reply 22 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Carlton Black
 Video inside Gay Rumor Control: Tyrese Responds To Spanky’s Gay Acc...
New reply 1 hour ago - 119 comments - by ajeana
 Video inside Honey Cocaine - Curveball...exposing Thirsty Men And O...
New reply 34 minutes ago - 310 comments - by blafy
 NBA 4thqtrkobe With 3 Consecutive Baskets In The Clutch
New reply 1 hour ago - 93 comments - by TnTbadman

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,795 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.