This is BX @ Boxden.com


Kobe vs Jordan vs LeBron vs Durant - discussion thread (will be merged here)


 Kobe vs Jordan vs LeBron vs Durant - discussion thread (will be merged here)
 09-01-2011, 10:45 PMaway - #181
theblast22 182 heat pts182

  d 
space
$25,135 | POWERFUL
 09-04-2011, 10:46 AMaway - #182
Qbert 16 heat pts16

  d 
space
$2,763 | 15598319
Jordan is the best, his legacy is permanently cemented with the two 3peats.
 09-12-2011, 11:49 AMonline - #183
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,957 | 17565395
kobe is just as good as mj individually and even better in some aspects. but overall career goes to mj, but kobes not done yet.
 09-15-2011, 10:59 PMaway - #184
Nate187um 27 heat pts27

  d 
space
$3,194 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by slimdogg3325
kobe is just as good as mj individually and even better in some aspects. but overall career goes to mj, but kobes not done yet.
word

people act like MJ won a ring every single year of his career

Kobe has already been to 7 NBA finals

say he had won all 7 mj stans still wouldn't give it up
 09-16-2011, 05:23 AMaway - #185
philly337 15 heat pts15

  d 
space
$21,491 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Nate187um
word

people act like MJ won a ring every single year of his career

Kobe has already been to 7 NBA finals

say he had won all 7 mj stans still wouldn't give it up
And lost 2

And shot 42%, 40%, 38%, and 37% in 4 of those 7 finals

And only won 2 finals mvps in 7 appearances (one should have went to gasol...6-24 in game 7 and needed the refs to bail then out in the 4th with like 25+ free throws and Boston had 16 the entire game)

Jordan on tbe other hand was 6 for 6

Won 3, retired, came back and won 3 more (prob could have won 8 straight had he not retired)

Did not play ####ty in the majority of his finals appearances

And has all 6 finals mvps in all 6 finals appearances

Very very comparable

Last edited by philly337; 09-16-2011 at 05:25 AM..
 09-20-2011, 02:20 PMaway - #186
ochonielson 

  d 
space
$32 | 502
Only reason why Kobe wont be Jordan.. Fact.





lakers were stoooked UP!..but. Pistons had taysaun

n i know yall seen darko toss that hat on like he earned it..
 09-20-2011, 02:22 PMaway - #187
philly337 15 heat pts15

  d 
space
$21,491 | POWERFUL
Only reason? There is hundreds
 09-20-2011, 02:23 PMaway - #188
Rockobox 76 heat pts76

  d 
space
$12,370 | POWERFUL
only reason why Kobe won't be Jordan:


Kobe Bean Bryant (born August 23, 1978) is an American professional basketball player who plays shooting guard for the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball a$sociation (NBA). Bryant enjoyed a successful high school basketball career at Lower Merion High School, where he was recognized as the top high school basketball player in the country. He decided to declare his eligibility for the NBA Draft upon graduation, and was selected with the 13th overall pick in the 1996 NBA Draft by the Charlotte Hornets, then traded to the Los Angeles Lakers. As a rookie, Bryant earned himself a reputation as a high-flyer and a fan favorite by winning the 1997 Slam Dunk Contest.


Michael Jeffrey Jordan (born February 17, 1963) is a former American professional basketball player, active businessman, and majority owner of the Charlotte Bobcats. His biography on the National Basketball a$sociation (NBA) website states, "By acclamation, Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time."[1] Jordan was one of the most effectively marketed athletes of his generation and was instrumental in popularizing the NBA around the world in the 1980s and 1990s.
 09-20-2011, 02:35 PMaway - #189
hood135 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$8,607 | POWERFUL
The Kobe vs Mike thing will always be arguable. Should be good enough because both are/were unbelievable basketball players.
 10-05-2011, 08:24 PMonline - #190
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,957 | 17565395
Originally Posted by smoothmotionz
Lebron at 21 was already better than kobe will EVER be
how so?
 10-23-2011, 02:47 PMaway - #191
SmiffStarr 16 heat pts16

  d 
space
$544 | 8316590
I'm appalled that this thread even exists, let alone the fact that it is stickied to the top of the BXSportscenter. I could understand a Kobe/Lebron thread, because they at least played in a similar era/league, but to debate if either of these guys are better than Michael Jordan was shows the limited basketball knowledge circulating the BX.

ps Kobe Bryant is a better player than Lebron James if looking at it from a career perspective, but Lebron is a better overall player as of right now.

There has been no player to achieve the equivalent combination of dominance, success and overall impact on the game of basketball that Michael Jordan achieved. And until someone dominates better than he did, wins more than he did AND is able to leave their mark on basketball like he did, there will be none better.

Last edited by SmiffStarr; 10-23-2011 at 02:50 PM..
 11-29-2011, 09:35 AMaway - #192
Nate187um 27 heat pts27

  d 
space
$3,194 | POWERFUL
I enjoyed watching the Kobe prototype play

was so happy when they put out the final product though
 12-04-2011, 08:10 PMaway - #193
UF4Soldier 99 heat pts99

  d 
space
$13,553 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Rockobox
only reason why Kobe won't be Jordan:


Kobe Bean Bryant (born August 23, 1978) is an American professional basketball player who plays shooting guard for the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball a$sociation (NBA). Bryant enjoyed a successful high school basketball career at Lower Merion High School, where he was recognized as the top high school basketball player in the country. He decided to declare his eligibility for the NBA Draft upon graduation, and was selected with the 13th overall pick in the 1996 NBA Draft by the Charlotte Hornets, then traded to the Los Angeles Lakers. As a rookie, Bryant earned himself a reputation as a high-flyer and a fan favorite by winning the 1997 Slam Dunk Contest.


Michael Jeffrey Jordan (born February 17, 1963) is a former American professional basketball player, active businessman, and majority owner of the Charlotte Bobcats. His biography on the National Basketball a$sociation (NBA) website states, "By acclamation, Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time."[1] Jordan was one of the most effectively marketed athletes of his generation and was instrumental in popularizing the NBA around the world in the 1980s and 1990s.
now can we plz end all of this right here this (above) will never happen again
 01-06-2012, 11:13 AMaway - #194
Djkommish6 

  d 
space
$2,718 | 1735737
let them fools Kobe and Lerbron truly LEAD a team to 6 RINGS....Shaq got Kobe his first 3...hahahahah and Kobe failed to threepeat for the second time so that k!lls that...and Lebron well....hes a better ATHLETE but the game of Basketball is skill, talent, heart and knowledge...when Lebron has time and time again given up in the clutch so by logic MJ is the best of all time he made his teammates BETTER around him....for the record D. wade is STILL the number one dude on miami...i.e. WHO WOULD YOU want taking the last shot?? Lebron or D wade ...i rest my case...
 01-06-2012, 11:17 AMaway - #195
Djkommish6 

  d 
space
$2,718 | 1735737
not to mention 2004 Kobe got Beat by the pistons in 5 GAMES???? and got swept in 2010 hahahahahahaah Did MJ ever lose in the finals EVER? wow...yeah Done deal!
 01-06-2012, 11:18 AMaway - #196
Djkommish6 

  d 
space
$2,718 | 1735737
is that Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth?? hahahaaha wow...
 01-06-2012, 12:25 PMaway - #197
keithbm1111 96 heat pts96

  d 
space
$27,502 | POWERFUL
kobe at his best > lebron at his best.

not a debate
 01-12-2012, 12:42 PMaway - #198
DCballer40 

  d 
space
$2,478 | 7138879
Lebron 9 for 17 at the line last night? Misses the GW FT....does this thread need to continue?

 01-19-2012, 12:18 AMaway - #199
Nate187um 27 heat pts27

  d 
space
$3,194 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Djkommish6
not to mention 2004 Kobe got Beat by the pistons in 5 GAMES???? and got swept in 2010 hahahahahahaah Did MJ ever lose in the finals EVER? wow...yeah Done deal!
what the hell does that have to do with anything?

so because he got bounced out the 1st round or missed the playoffs entirely saves face for making the finals and losing??????

7 finals appearances >>>> 6 finals appearances
 01-19-2012, 12:20 AMaway - #200
Nate187um 27 heat pts27

  d 
space
$3,194 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Djkommish6
not to mention 2004 Kobe got Beat by the pistons in 5 GAMES???? and got swept in 2010 hahahahahahaah Did MJ ever lose in the finals EVER? wow...yeah Done deal!
what the hell does that have to do with anything?

so because mj got swept out the 1st round or missed the playoffs entirely saves face for making the finals and losing??????

7 finals appearances >>>> 6 finals appearances
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Wii U - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U >>>>
69 comments
NBA According to Bleacher Report: Steve Nash will miss entir..
50 comments
NBA 2013 Superteam Lakers the worst manufactured Superteam i..
78 comments
 NBA Espn First Take: Nash Or Iverson: Who's The Better Pla...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 189 comments - by JNumbaNC
 BOX Floyd Mayweather Is Scared Of Black Fighters
New reply 2 hours ago - 70 comments - by Blue Mercury
  Is There Any Rapper That Never "fell Off"?
New reply 46 minutes ago - 158 comments - by JewsusChrist
 Image(s) inside Jaime Fox's Hairline Has A Taper Implant
New reply 2 hours ago - 125 comments - by foshomoney
 Image(s) inside Wealthy Woman Ask "must I Give Out Halloween Cand...
New reply 52 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Daaaaamn My Nigga French Montana Back
New reply 2 hours ago - 101 comments - by SHADOW
 Image(s) inside Alfie From Old Nick Show "my Brother & Me&quo...
New reply 2 hours ago - 83 comments - by KleanKutt100
  Oct 23 - Substitute Teacher Gives Student A Bj On Her ...
New reply 3 hours ago - 153 comments - by ima80baby

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,826 fans of BX | none new today 4,797 following and 1 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

 Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.