This is BX @ Boxden.com

Kobe Talks Cutting Pizza, Soda, and Candy To Have One Of His Best Seasons

Kobe Talks Cutting Pizza, Soda, and Candy To Have One Of His Best Seasons
22 topic by psylence2k - 01-05-2013, 12:45 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

Those who gripe that Kobe Bryant shoots too much must concede one point.

Actually, two or three, on nearly every Lakers possession.

The veteran guard has been scoring almost any time he wants thanks to a career rebirth that features the best shooting accuracy of his 17 seasons with the Lakers.

He also just concluded a December in which his averages of 33.79 points, 5.57 rebounds and 4.64 a$sists were the highest cumulative marks in those categories in any month in his career.

Bryant drastically modified his diet, helping him lose 16 pounds before last summer's Olympics. No more pepperoni pizza and grape soda, the calorie-laden meal he consumed the night in 2006 when he scored 81 points against Toronto.

"It's been really tough for me to go see a movie and not have Sour Patch Kids," Bryant said. "I would get popcorn, Sour Patch Kids, a soda. I just can't do it. I might have a little bit of popcorn with a bottle of water."

The approach has worked for a player who has been a smorgasbord of production for the Lakers.

"You watch him from Phoenix and New York and you get one opinion, which is good," D'Antoni said, "but you coach him and then you start to appreciate what he goes through and how he gets himself ready every game. You have to really respect what he's doing."

Source: Lakers' Kobe Bryant enjoys one of his most productive stretches - latimes.com

Latest Sports Hot Topics Ľ   share this topic Ľ   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

30 comments for "Kobe Talks Cutting Pizza, Soda, and Candy To Have One Of His Best Seasons"

01-05-2013, 01:07 PMaway - #2
Joehook 3 heat pts

d 
space
$7,195 | POWERFUL
Mamba lite
 01-05-2013, 01:26 PMaway - #3
Stabbin101 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$1,586 | 0
People who hate do not know anything about basketball.

Challenge me on that
 01-05-2013, 01:37 PMaway - #4
Crookz 12 heat pts12

d 
space
$11,025 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by st@bbin101
People who hate do not know anything about basketball.

Challenge me on that
Can't deny that he's an all-time great

Can't deny that he's a douche bag
 01-05-2013, 01:56 PMaway - #5
trill jackson 110 heat pts110

d 
space
$11,385 | POWERFUL
#### all this talk about the great season he's having. what about the won loss record? didn't we all agree going into the season that the lakers were stacked? what happened to 73-9?
 01-05-2013, 03:07 PMaway - #6
ThePainkiller 299 heat pts299

d 
space
$52,835 | POWERFUL

Originally Posted by trill jackson
#### all this talk about the great season he's having. what about the won loss record? didn't we all agree going into the season that the lakers were stacked? what happened to 73-9?
Kobe never said that, you idiots did.
 01-05-2013, 03:13 PMaway - #7
X_WunderKind_X 852 heat pts852

d 
space
$24,862 | POWERFUL
How long before he talks about cutting Dwight and Pau?
 01-05-2013, 03:27 PMaway - #8

d 
space
$11,385 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ThePainkiller
Kobe never said that, you idiots did.
HE said it's the best season he's had in years
 01-05-2013, 03:29 PMaway - #9

d 
space
$11,385 | POWERFUL
he's a great player you can't #### on a guy playing this well in his 17th season, but he's not making anybody better out there. i think he got the all time points list on his mind
 01-05-2013, 04:20 PMaway - #10
luv4music 7 heat pts

d 
space
$11,192 | POWERFUL
the same people praising Kobe for this great statistical season are the same that ####ted on Lebron when all he did was put up ridiculous stats but couldn't win a ring

still got to the finals, but couldn't win a ring

now Kobe is "killin it" but his team is f!ghting for that 8th seed with one of the best starting rosters he's ever played on and his nuts are getting slobbered?

that's called being a hypocrite

you should throw rocks at the man for not being the leader his team needs
 01-05-2013, 07:16 PMaway - #11
OOps 

d 
space
$7,708 | 17780745
Kobe >>> m.j. Kobe putting in work!
 01-05-2013, 08:10 PMaway - #12

d 
space
$11,385 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by OOps
Kobe >>> m.j. Kobe putting in work!
Mark Jackson?
 01-05-2013, 08:57 PMaway - #13
Suppafresh 23 heat pts23

d 
space
$4,784 | POWERFUL
Putting up numbers but he can't put wins in the win column just L's in the loser column stats are pointless when you ain't winning.
 01-05-2013, 09:00 PMaway - #14
Stupid Fresh 167 heat pts167

d 
space
$17,873 | POWERFUL
I had a feeling he had to do something like this to get these results

I don't envy pro athletes

even if they get to go crazy in the offseason..
 01-05-2013, 09:20 PMonline - #15
sigNN 9 heat pts

d 
space
$3,777 | 20365616
Mark Jackson?
has to be because Michael jordan never asked for anyone to get traded or threatening to leave if he didn't get good players to play with.
 01-05-2013, 09:34 PMaway - #16
lil_boosie 1 heat pts

d 
space
$593 | 1975419
thats whats up got keep that bull#### out your body.
 01-05-2013, 09:41 PMaway - #17
Storchaveli 79 heat pts79

d 
space
$25,593 | POWERFUL
You GOT to admire his dedication.
 01-05-2013, 10:11 PMaway - #18
PrimeTimeJones3 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$1,584 | 7700835
Originally Posted by luv4music
the same people praising Kobe for this great statistical season are the same that ####ted on Lebron when all he did was put up ridiculous stats but couldn't win a ring

still got to the finals, but couldn't win a ring

now Kobe is "killin it" but his team is f!ghting for that 8th seed with one of the best starting rosters he's ever played on and his nuts are getting slobbered?

that's called being a hypocrite

you should throw rocks at the man for not being the leader his team needs
I agree...ppl will make an exception for Kobe though
 01-05-2013, 11:36 PMaway - #19
SOCIALITE 4 heat pts

d 
space
$8,042 | POWERFUL
he's a great player you can't #### on a guy playing this well in his 17th season, but he's not making anybody better out there. i think he got the all time points list on his mind
While he's not getting them a lot of Ws he sure does all you ask of him and more. In the Clippers game last night at one point they were down 14 and he had a +5 on the court. This happens most nights, when he's doing his thing they're rolling but they get in such a big hole that he ends up falling just short. Most games they are down double digits and end up down one possession in the final seconds of the games. To say he isn't making a drastic impact is silly, they just can't figure out how to pull these games out consistently. That's what separates them from the elite teams. If everyone stops ####ing after every game and come together to figure this thing out they will be an elite team come playoffs. Without Kobe this team would have only won 5 or 6 games.

And it's not even stats, Kobe is just playing his best ball of his career. He's not going into those "get the #### out of my way" modes very often, he's really getting all of his shots in the flow of the game on off the ball movement. He's kicking the ball even in the final seconds instead of feeling like if he doesn't do it it won't get done.

The lack of an identity is this team's ONLY issue. Coaches coming and going, players wanting the ball in places that the offense doesn't allow them to be, players coming from playing 30 minutes a game to not checking in at all, players positions and roles are being changed every week, do you post the ball, do you screen roll, is that screen roll with pau or howard, nash or kobe? It's just a huge mess right now. I'm happy Kobe isn't tampering with the growth of the team by just saying "get out of my way" and trying to do things as a team. Though his role is to put it in the hole, so he will take shots regardless. People who don't actually watch all the games won't really understand all of what's going on they just looks at shot attempts and think they know what's happening.

The team has won 6 of their last 9 with a couple quality wins against the Warriors and Knicks. They loss to the best home team in the league in the Denver Nuggets on a back to back night. They dropped one to the Sixers in a game that nobody showed up to play, #### happens. And they got beat by the best team in the league in the clippers. Nothing to really be ashamed of, and those games were close down the stretch. Remember the beginning of the year when these ni##as weren't even competitive? They have come a LONG way and are still growing. Fans, media, and Dwight need to relax and realize things are trending up.
 01-06-2013, 12:10 AMonline - #20
Wondah_Woman 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,180 | 12715333
I remember him saying that cleaning up his diet was going to be the "last bullet in the chamber" in terms of turning up his game

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Chris Paul - NBA Live 15 Vs 2K15
52 comments
NBA Deron Williams says after surgery his ankles feel the be..
58 comments
NFL BXSC NFL Pick 'Em Challenge Week 3 Picks!!!!!!
80 comments
 Video inside 50 Cent's Grandmother Has Passed Away (rip)
New reply 1 minute ago - 104 comments - by PyrexVisionary
  Iggy Tape Coming After All? Signed Her Rights Away
New reply 34 minutes ago - 52 comments - by kushbleezy412
 BOX Floyd "money" Mayweather Stiffs Waitress On ...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 106 comments - by dogblood
  Kendrick Lamar Reveals Upcoming Album To Feature Dr. D...
New reply 37 minutes ago - 73 comments - by Scarface96
  Sep 15 - High Schoolers Protest Sexist Dress Code That...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 51 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 Video inside Homeless Guy Survives By Picking Up Women Every Night
New reply 56 minutes ago - 51 comments - by LowaEastSide5
  Gucci Mane Sentenced To Additional Three Years In Prison
New reply 9 minutes ago - 86 comments - by youngige
 audio inside Rick Ross - Elvis Presley Blvd (feat Project Pat) (fir...
New reply 1 hour ago - 110 comments - by Steve

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.