b o x d e n     |     hiphop     sports     wild'ish     games     movies     news     eyecandy     tech     gear     rides  
trending now     hot topics today     all sections     videos     pics     tracks     headlines  

Justin Blackmon Contract: Jaguars, Rookie WR Talking Daily

Justin Blackmon Contract: Jaguars, Rookie WR Talking Daily
topic by d3athb4dishonor - 07-30-2012, 11:07 AM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2012/7/...ntract-jaguars

Jacksonville Jaguars first-round pick wide receiver Justin Blackmon is one of two unsigned first-round draft picks, the other of which is Tennessee Titans wide receiver Kendall Wright. The Jaguars and Blackmon have been speaking on a daily basis about getting a contract done, according to a report by ProFootballTalk, with most speculating that it has to do with the team wanting to stick in offset language that will protect the team if Blackmon runs in with the law again.

Mike Florio thinks they might be trying to go a step further:

We think the Jags are going farther, trying to insert language that would nullify remaining guarantees if Blackmon gets in trouble again. That would allow the Jaguars to move on and owe Blackmon nothing further.

The Jaguars have plenty of reason to stick to their guns in this instance, given Blackmon was arrested for an aggravated DUI before he even stepped on the football field. Blackmon's agent also has plenty of reason to f!ght against such language, because he doesn't want to be that agent next year trying to sign players and be the one who got a client such a bad rookie deal.

Some middle ground will have to be met however, but I'd expect to see Blackmon signed sometime before the scrimmage on Friday evening. Not a predication or report, just my expectation.
His agent is probably most at fault here. He really ####ed himself getting that DUI. Especially after they just had a meeting before breaking from rookie camp talking about conduct. What a di#khead.

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

12 comments for "Justin Blackmon Contract: Jaguars, Rookie WR Talking Daily"

07-30-2012, 11:14 AMaway - #2
Bkjj11 363 heat pts363

d 
space
$40,939 | POWERFUL
he'll be signed by weds
 07-30-2012, 11:18 AMaway - #3
duval88 3 heat pts

d 
space
$5,148 | 19955105
just got back from training camp. it definitely would have been nice to see him out there, but I'm hoping he's there by the scrimmage like the article says
 07-30-2012, 11:21 AMaway - #4
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33

d 
space
$26,692 | POWERFUL
what a bust
 07-30-2012, 11:29 AMaway - #5
hockeythug 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$17,677 | POWERFUL
so he ####ed up and dosen't want to accept the consequences of the team being forced to add language in the contract to protect themselves?
 07-30-2012, 12:01 PMaway - #6
HotBYoungTurk 9 heat pts

d 
space
$9,480 | POWERFUL
all i wanna know is when somebody gon' make a smiley of this this dude.. he has so much potential!
 07-30-2012, 05:14 PMaway - #7
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts

d 
space
$6,612 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by hockeythug
so he ####ed up and dosen't want to accept the consequences of the team being forced to add language in the contract to protect themselves?
Yeah. I don't see why his agent has such a problem with offset language. Blackmon will still get paid it's just a matter of the Jags protecting themselves just in case he decides to get his Barney Gumble on again.
 07-30-2012, 05:45 PMaway - #8
ReggieA 189 heat pts189

d 
space
$33,381 | POWERFUL
How are we still having negotiations with rookies when they are capped?
 07-30-2012, 06:40 PMaway - #9
LordBlanco|M 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$23,523 | POWERFUL
He should know he ####ed up and his contract will have fine print that will say if he ####s up again he'll get less than half his contract. What an idiot though.
 07-30-2012, 07:07 PMaway - #10
b_eazy 44 heat pts44

d 
space
$11,125 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ReggieA

I'm tired of these ni##az trying to throw they weight around, better wrap things up before he ends up like michael crabtree.

Blaine Gabbert needs all the practice he can get with that ni##a, too.

Last edited by b_eazy; 07-30-2012 at 07:13 PM..
 07-30-2012, 07:09 PMaway - #11
hockeythug 55 heat pts55

d 
space
$17,677 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ReggieA
Mainly it has been about certain guarantees in the contract. I know the delay with matt kalil's contract was about if the 4th year would be guaranteed or not.
 07-30-2012, 10:41 PMaway - #12
Got Cheeve? 111 heat pts111

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
As long as Kendall Wright isn't signed yet, #### the Titans.

07-31-2012, 12:47 AMaway - #13
Tony_Stylezzz 2 heat pts

d 
space
$2,544 | 11518861
Originally Posted by Got Cheeve?
As long as Kendall Wright isn't signed yet, #### the Titans.

Kendall will be signed, he wants his 4th year guaranteed but no other 1st round rookie passed the 16th draft pick got the full 4th year guaranteed. I guess since Tampa did it with their 21st draft pick last year he wants the same. I say #### it and pay it, we have the second most cap space after the Jags.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (Official T..
129 comments
Movies which unexpectedly made you sad
74 comments
Best Buy Black Friday online started, Gamestops too
74 comments
 NBA Melo Feeling Regretful : "chicago Was The Perfect...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 99 comments - by theFREAK
  Chief Keef "mansion Musik" (artwork +trackli...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 150 comments - by Aztronautz
  Debate: Buying Physical Vs Buying Digital
New reply 5 minutes ago - 51 comments - by HeightsBound
 Image(s) inside Congrats To Young Thug And His New Fiancé @yeahlano!
New reply 32 minutes ago - 132 comments - by keejee
  Microsoft’s $329 Xbox One Bundle Is Dominating Black F...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 55 comments - by nanci627
 Image(s) inside Tyler The Creator Disses Eminem/shadyxv
New reply 48 minutes ago - 97 comments - by mdemaz
  2 Rappers Who Not In A Group...whose Chemistry Is Amaz...
New reply 13 minutes ago - 74 comments - by TrillTalk404
 Image(s) inside Bizzy Bone Posts Pic Of "notorious Thugs" St...
New reply 54 minutes ago - 92 comments - by The Bully

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,865 fans of BX | none new today 4,814 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.