Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now popular now #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Jerry Jones wants to eliminate kneel-down plays

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
125 viewing
Image inside Kendrick Not Happy With Sales?  
265 comments
most viewed right now
72 viewing
 Image inside Think I'm being catfished, someone ID this chick
64 comments

top in section
36 viewing
 Image inside Bella Bellz!!!
top in eyecandy
top in section
11 viewing
 Image inside Air Jordan 1 "Tasmanian Devil" (May 6th Release)
top in gear

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Jerry Jones wants to eliminate kneel-down plays
Unread 09-19-2012, 05:43 PMJoined Jan 2005 - away - #61
Flacco Da Gawd 53 heat pts53 space
Right In The Kisser
space
$14,272 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by StateProperty88
how do you lose your chance to win a game? its not like baseball at all. on any single play in football EITHER TEAM CAN SCORE, no matter the circumstance, either team can score on ANY play. so if you are still within one possession and there's time on the clock then no you didnt lose your chance to win the game, you still have a chance until the game is over
It's similar though.. obviously baseball is played way differently. But you have all of those innings (quarters) to try and win. If you can't score on that last possession, the other team has no reason to run plays, period. And in all honesty... teams would just snap the ball and fall behind the line of scrimmage anyway. No team is risking injury or change of possession in a locked up win.

Theoretically teams can keep fouling when down 12 in the NBA and there's 24 seconds left... but for the most part they let the other team dribble it out and call it a day.
Unread 09-19-2012, 05:44 PMJoined Jan 2005 - on now - #62
StateProperty88 28 heat pts28 space
Goodwill is the Monarch
space
$33,884 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NateRight
football is a possession game, which means that teams do whatever it takes to hold on to the ball. "The best defense is a good offense" is almost doubly true in the game of football. So if you're winning, and there's 1:30 left in the game, you're only strategy is to hold on to the ball as long as possible, and on defense you need to get that ball at all costs. Since you're going to run the ball, that means guys are gonna go for strips, and try and hit even harder than normal. As the winning team, you don't wanna see one of your guys get injured in the last min of a game just on the possibility that you might turn it over. Who cares if you're making it impossible for the defense to get it back, that's what the last 58 fu*king minutes of that game is for.
Kneeling is an important strategy to football, and taking it out would be a dumb idea
none of what you said changes the fact that the game isnt over just because you dont have the ball. if you are still within one possession you still have a chance to win until the game is over. you dont lose your right to win anything, you still have a chance. i dont care what the last 58 minutes was for...ITS A 60 MINUTE GAME
Unread 09-19-2012, 05:46 PMJoined Jan 2005 - on now - #63
Goodwill is the Monarch
space
$33,884 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Megamind
It's similar though.. obviously baseball is played way differently. But you have all of those innings (quarters) to try and win. If you can't score on that last possession, the other team has no reason to run plays, period. And in all honesty... teams would just snap the ball and fall behind the line of scrimmage anyway. No team is risking injury or change of possession in a locked up win.

Theoretically teams can keep fouling when down 12 in the NBA and there's 24 seconds left... but for the most part they let the other team dribble it out and call it a day.
im sorry homie but there's not anyway you can put it that makes them comparable, its completely apples and oranges. i agree with you in terms of everything else you said, but in no way are those 2 scenarios similar
Unread 09-19-2012, 06:06 PMJoined Dec 2006 - away - #64
Kjizzle03 16 heat pts16 space
Run The fu*kin Ball
space
$15,082 | POWERFUL
kneel downs ain't goin no where, this league tries to hard to protect its players...JJ better go sits his a.ss down
Unread 09-19-2012, 06:07 PMJoined Jun 2010 - away - #65
freakbucket  space
I love BX
space
$5,715 | 13588039
Originally Posted by Im Soo Special
ok lol

so hike the ball and fall down. issue fixed

dumb a.ss
well yea. I didn't even think about that. Shotgun, fall, soon as they touch you, it's over. But atleast then they can fumble the pass or something.
Unread 09-19-2012, 06:30 PMJoined Apr 2005 - away - #66
Peterparker 18 heat pts18 space
space
$15,790 | POWERFUL
This is one of the main reasons why I can't stand Cowboys. JERRY fu*kIN JONES. Dude is a fu*king idiot and like that crazy azz Cowboy fan stated Cowboys is all FINESSE thanks to Jerry Jones. Not a very strategic business man when it comes to football he's just greedy.
Unread 09-19-2012, 06:35 PMJoined Jan 2004 - away - #67
Balla B  space
space
$1,082 | 1255622
Jerry Jones is the living breathing example of why I don't like the Cowboys...this dude hogs the spotlight, thinks he's God's gift to football and is just a solid hypocrite...If he knew Tony Romo could take a knee at the end of every game signifying a Cowboys win he'd have no problem with it...but that won't happen anyway because he gets in his own team's way by undermining his coach and blowing smoke up the players a**
Unread 09-19-2012, 06:49 PMJoined Sep 2005 - away - #68
bayryda  space
space
$2,703 | 4175113
Originally Posted by dre03

WTF are you talking about??? You do realize with two teams on the field somebody has to be losing right??? And you are saying if you don't like it don't be behind... Like both teams have a choice to not be behind...

Football is the only sport where you can't really play to the final whistle because of kneel downs... Why even do kneel downs just end the game when the other team gets the ball back and they up... what's the purpose of a kneel down if nothing can be done with the time remaining on the clock???

When you're down in basketball teams can foul you and send you to the line and you as a team you have to make your free throws to win the game or the other team can eventually come back... Baseball the home team gets a final inning if they are down after the top of the 9th... Hockey is self explanatory
Lol the fouling in basketball is the equivalent to teams making the tackle and using a timeout instantly to get the ball back. Its many of games in basketball when they dont even play defense and start walking off with one guy dribbling right past half court once it no more chances for the other team to get the ball back, seems like the same as a kneel down to me.
Unread 09-19-2012, 07:04 PMJoined Jul 2008 - away - #69
Datboitrill 3 heat pts space
Big Cuz #35 Nico johnson
space
$1,201 | 4427347
I Hate that sh*t in real life and Madden do away wit dat sh*t
Unread 09-19-2012, 07:08 PMJoined Feb 2005 - away - #70
-BigC-  space
space
$7,837 | 0
I feel like nobody read what he said and are just a.ssuming his intentions for the statement
Unread 09-19-2012, 07:10 PMJoined Jan 2005 - away - #71
Flacco Da Gawd 53 heat pts53 space
Right In The Kisser
space
$14,272 | POWERFUL

Unread 09-19-2012, 08:06 PMJoined May 2008 - away - #72
JCyclops 10 heat pts10 space
✈ Haven't we been yet? ✈
space
$4,930 | POWERFUL

While we're at it, let's just have them play throwback-tackle/500
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:30 PMJoined Nov 2006 - away - #73
Down-N-H-Town 5 heat pts space
S.L.A.B.
space
$2,849 | 10042916
Originally Posted by Venom
n*gga mad cause the cowboys are always getting kneel down on
I thought the same thing
Unread 09-19-2012, 10:28 PMJoined Nov 2011 - away - #74
BALLONHOES 2 heat pts space
Senior Baller
space
$1,874 | 8177093
Jerry Jones the new Al Davis...
Unread 09-20-2012, 12:06 AMJoined May 2011 - away - #75
NateRight 7 heat pts space
Bleed Teal
space
$3,650 | 11887110
Originally Posted by StateProperty88
none of what you said changes the fact that the game isnt over just because you dont have the ball. if you are still within one possession you still have a chance to win until the game is over. you dont lose your right to win anything, you still have a chance. i dont care what the last 58 minutes was for...ITS A 60 MINUTE GAME
Yeah but just because you have a chance to win the game doesnt mean the other team has to let you get the chance to come back. And why would they? It's the same reason why teams start using much more running plays when they're up with 5 min left. You wanna take that away as well? Kneeling is a strategy, not a cop out
Unread 09-20-2012, 08:11 AMJoined Jan 2005 - on now - #76
Goodwill is the Monarch
space
$33,884 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NateRight
Yeah but just because you have a chance to win the game doesnt mean the other team has to let you get the chance to come back. And why would they? It's the same reason why teams start using much more running plays when they're up with 5 min left. You wanna take that away as well? Kneeling is a strategy, not a cop out
this is a different point that you're arguing now. the other team doesnt have to let you do anything. but like what happen in new york the other day, dont be upset if the other team keeps playing when you decided not to anymore

Last edited by StateProperty88; 09-20-2012 at 08:23 AM..
Unread 09-20-2012, 08:19 AMJoined Jun 2011 - on now - #77
S W A N 57 heat pts57 space
space
$7,549 | POWERFUL
I dont mind kneel downs. Its the boring automatic extra point that I hate. I think they should do away with field goals as extra points and force everyone to go for two. Could make for exciting games.
Unread 09-20-2012, 02:02 PMJoined Oct 2004 - on now - #78
JeeQ 15 heat pts15 space
All Lives Matter
space
$16,019 | POWERFUL
Hate agreeing with Jerry Jones of all people but I've always hated the kneel down. We've seen countless games won and loss in the closing seconds, and I feel the same way the coach of the Buccaneers felt about it. You play until the very last second, until you hear the final whistle. If they had managed to disrupt that kneel down, and finish the game with a W every team on the planet would be trying it from here on out. I'm not saying we should remove the kneel-down but I don't feel the opposing team should have to sit there and watch it happen due to an "unwritten" gentleman's rule.

Last edited by JeeQ; 09-20-2012 at 02:05 PM..
Unread 09-20-2012, 02:26 PMJoined Jul 2008 - away - #79
stlcardinals19 25 heat pts25 space
space
$15,090 | POWERFUL
Not quite seeing why people have a problemo w/kneel downs. They're the safest play in football, and is basically guaranteed to work when you have the game wrapped up.
Unread 09-20-2012, 03:59 PMJoined Aug 2007 - away - #80
MythMade 6 heat pts space
space
$9,687 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Venom
n*gga mad cause the cowboys are always getting kneel down on
Is that why Dallas/Chicago hold the highest winning % all-time at .575?

Dallas has done more victory formations than 30 other teams.

You tried though

Home > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
29 viewing
Image inside Luna Star (Snapchat: cutelunastarr)  
22 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Image inside Dad Discovers Son Is A Bully, Handles It By Public..
72 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
24 viewing
Image inside RIP Donatello 1984-2015  
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
21 viewing
Image inside Mar 25 - Ariz. woman flashes kids at bar mitzvah, ..
53 comments
@news
most viewed right now
20 viewing
Video inside Dr. Boyce Watkins at The Breakfast Club: Finances, ..
105 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Video inside The Illegal Big Cats of Instagram  
75 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside Mar 25 - American Apparel Under Fire Again Casting..
51 comments
@news
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Audio inside Young Thug - Just Might Be (Carter 6)  
89 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside So THIS ACTOR is british too?????!!!!!
59 comments
@movies

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time