Jerry Jones wants to eliminate kneel-down plays

Jerry Jones wants to eliminate kneel-down plays
 09-19-2012, 05:43 PMaway - #61
Flacco Da Gawd 53 heat pts53

d 
space
$14,272 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by StateProperty88
how do you lose your chance to win a game? its not like baseball at all. on any single play in football EITHER TEAM CAN SCORE, no matter the circumstance, either team can score on ANY play. so if you are still within one possession and there's time on the clock then no you didnt lose your chance to win the game, you still have a chance until the game is over
It's similar though.. obviously baseball is played way differently. But you have all of those innings (quarters) to try and win. If you can't score on that last possession, the other team has no reason to run plays, period. And in all honesty... teams would just snap the ball and fall behind the line of scrimmage anyway. No team is risking injury or change of possession in a locked up win.

Theoretically teams can keep fouling when down 12 in the NBA and there's 24 seconds left... but for the most part they let the other team dribble it out and call it a day.
 09-19-2012, 05:44 PMaway - #62
StateProperty88 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$32,883 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NateRight
football is a possession game, which means that teams do whatever it takes to hold on to the ball. "The best defense is a good offense" is almost doubly true in the game of football. So if you're winning, and there's 1:30 left in the game, you're only strategy is to hold on to the ball as long as possible, and on defense you need to get that ball at all costs. Since you're going to run the ball, that means guys are gonna go for strips, and try and hit even harder than normal. As the winning team, you don't wanna see one of your guys get injured in the last min of a game just on the possibility that you might turn it over. Who cares if you're making it impossible for the defense to get it back, that's what the last 58 ####ing minutes of that game is for.
Kneeling is an important strategy to football, and taking it out would be a dumb idea
none of what you said changes the fact that the game isnt over just because you dont have the ball. if you are still within one possession you still have a chance to win until the game is over. you dont lose your right to win anything, you still have a chance. i dont care what the last 58 minutes was for...ITS A 60 MINUTE GAME
 09-19-2012, 05:46 PMaway - #63

d 
space
$32,883 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Megamind
It's similar though.. obviously baseball is played way differently. But you have all of those innings (quarters) to try and win. If you can't score on that last possession, the other team has no reason to run plays, period. And in all honesty... teams would just snap the ball and fall behind the line of scrimmage anyway. No team is risking injury or change of possession in a locked up win.

Theoretically teams can keep fouling when down 12 in the NBA and there's 24 seconds left... but for the most part they let the other team dribble it out and call it a day.
im sorry homie but there's not anyway you can put it that makes them comparable, its completely apples and oranges. i agree with you in terms of everything else you said, but in no way are those 2 scenarios similar
 09-19-2012, 06:06 PMaway - #64
Kjizzle03 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$14,583 | POWERFUL
kneel downs ain't goin no where, this league tries to hard to protect its players...JJ better go sits his a$s down
 09-19-2012, 06:07 PMaway - #65
freakbucket 

d 
space
$5,715 | 13588039
Originally Posted by Im Soo Special
ok lol

so hike the ball and fall down. issue fixed

dumb a$s
well yea. I didn't even think about that. Shotgun, fall, soon as they touch you, it's over. But atleast then they can fumble the pass or something.
 09-19-2012, 06:30 PMaway - #66
Peterparker 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$14,335 | POWERFUL
This is one of the main reasons why I can't stand Cowboys. JERRY ####IN JONES. Dude is a ####ing idiot and like that crazy azz Cowboy fan stated Cowboys is all FINESSE thanks to Jerry Jones. Not a very strategic business man when it comes to football he's just greedy.
 09-19-2012, 06:35 PMaway - #67
Balla B 

d 
space
$1,065 | 1070361
Jerry Jones is the living breathing example of why I don't like the Cowboys...this dude hogs the spotlight, thinks he's God's gift to football and is just a solid hypocrite...If he knew Tony Romo could take a knee at the end of every game signifying a Cowboys win he'd have no problem with it...but that won't happen anyway because he gets in his own team's way by undermining his coach and blowing smoke up the players a**
 09-19-2012, 06:49 PMaway - #68
bayryda 

d 
space
$2,682 | 4175112
Originally Posted by dre03

WTF are you talking about??? You do realize with two teams on the field somebody has to be losing right??? And you are saying if you don't like it don't be behind... Like both teams have a choice to not be behind...

Football is the only sport where you can't really play to the final whistle because of kneel downs... Why even do kneel downs just end the game when the other team gets the ball back and they up... what's the purpose of a kneel down if nothing can be done with the time remaining on the clock???

When you're down in basketball teams can foul you and send you to the line and you as a team you have to make your free throws to win the game or the other team can eventually come back... Baseball the home team gets a final inning if they are down after the top of the 9th... Hockey is self explanatory
Lol the fouling in basketball is the equivalent to teams making the tackle and using a timeout instantly to get the ball back. Its many of games in basketball when they dont even play defense and start walking off with one guy dribbling right past half court once it no more chances for the other team to get the ball back, seems like the same as a kneel down to me.
 09-19-2012, 07:04 PMaway - #69
Datboitrill 3 heat pts

d 
space
$1,110 | 4104953
I Hate that #### in real life and Madden do away wit dat ####
 09-19-2012, 07:08 PMaway - #70
-BigC- 

d 
space
$7,837 | 0
I feel like nobody read what he said and are just a$suming his intentions for the statement
 09-19-2012, 07:10 PMaway - #71
Flacco Da Gawd 53 heat pts53

d 
space
$14,272 | POWERFUL

09-19-2012, 08:06 PMaway - #72
JCyclops 10 heat pts10

d 
space
$4,447 | POWERFUL

While we're at it, let's just have them play throwback-tackle/500
 09-19-2012, 09:30 PMaway - #73
Down-N-H-Town 5 heat pts

d 
space
$2,738 | 9702043
Originally Posted by Venom
ni##a mad cause the cowboys are always getting kneel down on
I thought the same thing
 09-19-2012, 10:28 PMaway - #74
BALLONHOES 2 heat pts

d 
space
$1,857 | 8177093
Jerry Jones the new Al Davis...
 09-20-2012, 12:06 AMaway - #75
NateRight 6 heat pts

d 
space
$3,345 | 10915497
Originally Posted by StateProperty88
none of what you said changes the fact that the game isnt over just because you dont have the ball. if you are still within one possession you still have a chance to win until the game is over. you dont lose your right to win anything, you still have a chance. i dont care what the last 58 minutes was for...ITS A 60 MINUTE GAME
Yeah but just because you have a chance to win the game doesnt mean the other team has to let you get the chance to come back. And why would they? It's the same reason why teams start using much more running plays when they're up with 5 min left. You wanna take that away as well? Kneeling is a strategy, not a cop out
 09-20-2012, 08:03 AMaway - #76
King856 

d 
space
$16,773 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by KING*TITO
dumbest #### you ever said. every team has won games and that hasn't changed the opinions of some
 09-20-2012, 08:11 AMaway - #77

d 
space
$32,883 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by NateRight
Yeah but just because you have a chance to win the game doesnt mean the other team has to let you get the chance to come back. And why would they? It's the same reason why teams start using much more running plays when they're up with 5 min left. You wanna take that away as well? Kneeling is a strategy, not a cop out
this is a different point that you're arguing now. the other team doesnt have to let you do anything. but like what happen in new york the other day, dont be upset if the other team keeps playing when you decided not to anymore

Last edited by StateProperty88; 09-20-2012 at 08:23 AM..
 09-20-2012, 08:19 AMonline - #78
S W A N 53 heat pts53

d 
space
$6,133 | POWERFUL
I dont mind kneel downs. Its the boring automatic extra point that I hate. I think they should do away with field goals as extra points and force everyone to go for two. Could make for exciting games.
 09-20-2012, 02:02 PMaway - #79
JeeQ 15 heat pts15

d 
space
$15,004 | POWERFUL
Hate agreeing with Jerry Jones of all people but I've always hated the kneel down. We've seen countless games won and loss in the closing seconds, and I feel the same way the coach of the Buccaneers felt about it. You play until the very last second, until you hear the final whistle. If they had managed to disrupt that kneel down, and finish the game with a W every team on the planet would be trying it from here on out. I'm not saying we should remove the kneel-down but I don't feel the opposing team should have to sit there and watch it happen due to an "unwritten" gentleman's rule.

Last edited by JeeQ; 09-20-2012 at 02:05 PM..
 09-20-2012, 02:26 PMaway - #80
stlcardinals19 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$13,312 | POWERFUL
Not quite seeing why people have a problemo w/kneel downs. They're the safest play in football, and is basically guaranteed to work when you have the game wrapped up.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Article inside  Titanfall teases 'biggest update' details for tomorr..
67 comments
NCAAF Todd Gurley to be reinstated
52 comments
NBA 4thQtrKobe with 3 consecutive baskets in the clutch
88 comments
 Video inside Honey Cocaine - Curveball...exposing Thirsty Men And O...
New reply 4 seconds ago - 271 comments - by blafy
 Video inside Oct 21 - Man To Obama: Don't Touch My Girlfriend
New reply 3 minutes ago - 53 comments - by Carlton Black
 Video inside Gay Rumor Control: Tyrese Responds To Spankyís Gay Acc...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 106 comments - by ajeana
  Oct 21 - She Tweeted Against The Mexican Cartels. They...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 56 comments - by Turk3
 Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds 2 Ig Comment
New reply 2 minutes ago - 79 comments - by Dray
 NFL Some Seahawks Players Allegedly Donít Think Russell Wi...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 140 comments - by st21
 MLB The 2014 World Series: Kansas City Royals Vs. San Fran...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 561 comments - by !!!
 Image(s) inside 50 Cent Speaks On Eminem And Jay-z (:truth:)
New reply 5 minutes ago - 176 comments - by BasedonMars

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,795 following | none new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.