This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jeff Van Gundy BLAST Dwight: "Wants to be #1 option offensively, but has rudimentary skills."

Jeff Van Gundy BLAST Dwight: "Wants to be #1 option offensively, but has rudimentary skills."
topic by Ching king - 01-25-2013, 01:05 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

“When you lose games and you’re going around after the game with a stat sheet in your hand and you’re saying, ‘Look at the stat sheet’ to reporters and to your teammates — you know what it is? It’s passive-aggressive, immature stuff,” said Van Gundy. “It’s sad. This guy has so much to offer that is good for the game, to the game and to the Lakers. They’re paying him huge money and they gave up a lot to get him.

“Unfortunately right now his attitude towards the game is impacting his production on the court and the Lakers are not getting his very best,” said Van Gundy. “At his very best he’d still be a dominant defender, rebounder and 18 point-per-game scorer. He doesn’t like his role. You can see from his comments, from his play, he has very high role-frustration right now.

“I think it’s more dissatisfaction with his situation,” said Van Gundy. “He wants to be the best player or No. 1 option offensively. I think it’s impacted his entire game.”

Van Gundy didn’t hold back describing what he sees to be Howard’s limitations.

“He has rudimentary offensive skills,” said Van Gundy. “He’s not a good ball handler. He doesn’t have a really well-defensive low-post game – a poor free-throw shooter. Buthe can have a huge impact on the game defensively – rebounding, screening, rolling, the occasional post move because he’s so athletic – but he doesn’t want to do it that way.

Originally Posted by Ching king
I'm sorry, I completely agree with Magic. > Jeff Van Gundy BLAST Dwight: "Wants to be #1 option offensively, but has rudimentary skills." - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Dwight isn't having fun here, clearly. And honestly, he is who he is at this point, and he really isn't that good of a player. > Jeff Van Gundy BLAST Dwight: "Wants to be #1 option offensively, but has rudimentary skills." - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

I say that because he's not willing to accept who he is...And he is a defensive, Bill Russell, Dikembe Mutombo, DeAndre Jordan kind of guy. He wants to be Wilt. He even says that ####, mind you.

Pau is not washed up, he just needs to be in the post. Drops 25 as soon as Dwight isn't around. I'm trading Dwight for great role players, like Aaron Afflalo type guys.
Called this #### last week. In Bill Russells book, he spoke about how his Celtics were so good because they all sacrificed and accepted their roles based on their strongest attributes. Everyone played their role. Dwight isn't willing to accept who he really is. > Jeff Van Gundy BLAST Dwight: "Wants to be #1 option offensively, but has rudimentary skills." - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

39 comments for "Jeff Van Gundy BLAST Dwight: "Wants to be #1 option offensively, but has rudimentary skills.""

01-25-2013, 01:10 PMaway - #2
ThePainkiller 296 heat pts296

d 
space
$52,424 | POWERFUL
I'm telling you. They only need to do one thing and everything will fall in place.
 01-25-2013, 01:19 PMaway - #3
2DaySports 

d 
space
$158 | 22975
Dwight = Team cancer
 01-25-2013, 01:21 PMonline - #4
SHADOW 280 heat pts280

d 
space
$7,034 | POWERFUL
Jeff van gundy always droppin knowledge

He needs to be a head coach next year
 01-25-2013, 01:22 PMaway - #5
dj X 14 heat pts14

d 
space
$12,648 | POWERFUL
“I think Dwight’s a great player, but he’s going to have to get accustomed to playing with Kobe obviously, and not touching the ball every single play,” Bynum said…
He wasn't lying
 01-25-2013, 01:29 PMaway - #6
Ching king 9 heat pts

d 
space
$1,100 | 19241856
Originally Posted by WADECOUNTY
Jeff van gundy always droppin knowledge

He needs to be a head coach next year
I know right? When that man talks, I listen.

Originally Posted by dj X
He wasn't lying
If he didn't turn the ball over so many times per minute he'd have more opportunities to score. A la, Jeff saying he has no ball handling.
 01-25-2013, 01:31 PMaway - #7
Illuminati 79 heat pts79

d 
space
$22,843 | POWERFUL
My man ching.
 01-25-2013, 01:33 PMaway - #8
timdog 265 heat pts265

d 
space
$15,409 | POWERFUL
dwight>deandre jordan easily tho
 01-25-2013, 01:33 PMonline - #9
JamcnPrettyboy 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$17,959 | POWERFUL
Dwight doesn't realize that he left the opportunity to be a first option behind. He had that in orlando and he left it behind for a bigger market. As much as I didn't like stan van gundy or his offense it was the only offense that would work with dwights limitations. But otis was at fault for overpaying for non athletic shooters who couldn't create their own shot. Plus we didn't have great ball handlers and ni##as were getting lazy and falling in love with the 3 too much.

Even If dwight signs a new contract in la and let's say kobe does retire after next season (which he won't). Whatever star player they possibly sign to pair with him is gonna be the first option on that team.

This is why I hope la trades him to bk at the deadline. I want him to pull this immature #### with the ny media and fans. They'll destroy this mental midget. ni##as will boo this man everytime he touches the ball or goes to the freethrow line. Did he not see what knicks fans were doing to melo the first half of last season?
 01-25-2013, 01:35 PMaway - #10
Michael 1987 632 heat pts632

d 
space
$58,007 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ThePainkiller
I'm telling you. They only need to do one thing and everything will fall in place.
Phil don't even like Dwight.
 01-25-2013, 01:37 PMaway - #11
timdog 265 heat pts265

d 
space
$15,409 | POWERFUL

I say that because he's not willing to accept who he is...And he is a defensive, Bill Russell, Dikembe Mutombo, DeAndre Jordan kind of guy. He wants to be Wilt. He even says that ####, mind you.
you put deandre in the same sentence with russell and mutumbo
 01-25-2013, 01:41 PMaway - #12
Supreme7 

d 
space
$6,680 | 8949860
dwight better off in bk.. dwill can distribute and dwight can be the number 1 option.. i juss dont see dwight staying in a city like Brooklyn though..
 01-25-2013, 01:41 PMaway - #13
ThePainkiller 296 heat pts296

d 
space
$52,424 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Michael 1987
Phil don't even like Dwight.
It's not phil. I will tell you all later.
 01-25-2013, 01:50 PMonline - #14
JamcnPrettyboy 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$17,959 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Supreme7
dwight better off in bk.. dwill can distribute and dwight can be the number 1 option.. i juss dont see dwight staying in a city like Brooklyn though..
You really think they'd make him a #1 option in bk?

This cat wants the lakers to play inside out ala same way he played in orlando. He wants the offense to run through him despite the fact that he's easily stripped of the ball and not a great passing/playmaking big. He doesn't care about a distributing pg. He wants a pg to bring the ball down the court and dump it to him in the post.
 01-25-2013, 01:51 PMaway - #15
Youngin19 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$5,412 | POWERFUL
I know right? When that man talks, I listen.

If he didn't turn the ball over so many times per minute he'd have more opportunities to score. A la, Jeff saying he has no ball handling.

So DHoward has ample opportunity to score but Kobe has attempted 115 mores shots than anyone in the league? Get ####ing real!

Kobe taking all them shots yet he still isn't the leading scorer in the league . Obviously he shouldn't be a number one option either. He should go back to playing second fiddle like he was when the Lakers threepeated. Kobe's a selfish ball hog and he doesn't know how to get other players involved. He has to look to score on every possession. He wants to shoot every time down the floor . He's a overrated piece of ####
 01-25-2013, 01:59 PMaway - #16
beast mode 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$10,550 | POWERFUL
all facts. dwight a certified clown
 01-25-2013, 02:04 PMaway - #17
Ching king 9 heat pts

d 
space
$1,100 | 19241856
Originally Posted by Illuminati
My man ching.
I see you Ill.

Originally Posted by timdog
you put deandre in the same sentence with russell and mutumbo
They're all defense first 5's, how aren't they in the same sentence? I know what you really mean, though.

Originally Posted by Youngin19
So DHoward has ample opportunity to score but Kobe has attempted 115 mores shots than anyone in the league? Get ####ing real!

Kobe taking all them shots yet he still isn't the leading scorer in the league . Obviously he shouldn't be a number one option either. He should go back to playing second fiddle like he was when the Lakers threepeated. Kobe's a selfish ball hog and he doesn't know how to get other players involved. He has to look to score on every possession. He wants to shoot every time down the floor . He's a overrated piece of ####
When the team plays well, Kobe decides to shoot less shots.

"I'm sure everything will be fine if we win, but if we start losing, I'm shooting." -Kobe Bryant ()
 01-25-2013, 02:12 PMonline - #18
T.O.N.Y. 2226 heat pts2226

d 
space
$43,733 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by timdog
dwight>deandre jordan easily tho
They're both average at best they just have hops. Still can't hit free throws so Wat good are they to a team.
 01-25-2013, 02:19 PMaway - #19
Ching king 9 heat pts

d 
space
$1,100 | 19241856
Originally Posted by Dun Language
They're both average at best they just have hops. Still can't hit free throws so Wat good are they to a team.
And at least DeAndre accepts his role and doesn't #### up a teams chemistry. And half the pricetag
 01-25-2013, 02:23 PMaway - #20
Cloud 420 5 heat pts

d 
space
$3,027 | 10172913
Everyone in here going in on Kobe is full of ####. If you replaced Dwight with even a Tyson Chandler this would be a MUCH better team.

Dwight needs to accept his role and be happy about it. ni##a grab boards, hustle, block everything in site, #### on ni##as when you have to and get clean up buckets.

How ####in hard is that? Dwight is playing like ####.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
EA Announces Subscription Service on Xbox One: EA Access
63 comments
NFL Prime Jarius Byrd says he ranks their safety group as th..
82 comments
NFL Steve Smith in that Purple & Black! (pic)
65 comments
 Video inside Why Lawd Why
New reply 53 seconds ago - 115 comments - by Tsunami Ray
 Image(s) inside Kevin Hart Won!
New reply 6 minutes ago - 63 comments - by strungout
 NBA Nice Number Bron
New reply 4 minutes ago - 97 comments - by DEDOS
 OT Stephen A. Smith Suspended One Week By Espn
New reply 8 minutes ago - 99 comments - by maxnn
 Video inside I Wonder If Birdman Be Laughing When He Hear This Sh-t...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 51 comments - by CTre
 Video inside Thick Dominican Girls From My Hood
New reply 8 minutes ago - 57 comments - by beast14
 Video inside Chris Brown Mocks Kevin Gates For Eating B0oty
New reply 5 minutes ago - 77 comments - by GLOCKN SKIMASK
 Image(s) inside Breezyveli And Trezyeveli Aka Animal And Hawk Have Tag...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 57 comments - by HipHopFactz

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,758 fans of BX and 1 new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.