This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jason Kidd on the Miami Heat: “Sometimes you have to be patient. It just doesn’t happen over night.”

Jason Kidd on the Miami Heat: “Sometimes you have to be patient. It just doesn’t happen over night.”
topic by T2THEONE - 06-14-2011, 11:38 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

Full audio interview Jason Kidd on the Miami Heat: “Sometimes you have to be patient. It just doesn’t happen over night.”

Jason Kidd joined ESPN Radio New York to discuss getting used to being an NBA Champion, his expectations before the Mavericks took on the Lakers in the second round of the Western Conference playoffs, LeBron James’s passive play during the Finals, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James finding a way to be more compatible and complimentary in the future, his fear of not being able to win an NBA Championship before he retired, and how long he will continue to play in the future.

Here a few snippets from the interview.

You guarded LeBron James for part of this series. What did you see from him? Were you surprised about how passive he looked at times especially in the 4th quarter?

“I think with LeBron’s game he has the total package. Everybody I think is looking for him to

score 30 points a night. He’s very unselfish. He makes his teammates better. He fills up a

stat sheet. I just think with our scheme was sometimes double team him and sometimes

don’t. If he makes a shot just contest because him and D-Wade are going to score. We just

tried to make it tough and make them work on both ends.”

Are you one of those people who believes that Wade and LeBron in the long run aren’t as compatible down the road as we had originally thought?

“Well this is year one for these guys, so I wouldn’t rush to…I wouldn’t say they are going to

panic. I think look they made it to the NBA Finals. They are going to be back there again.

They are very talented and this is only game make them hungrier and a new attitude that

they can win a championship together, so I think sometimes you have to be patient. It just

doesn’t happen over night.”

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

48 comments for "Jason Kidd on the Miami Heat: “Sometimes you have to be patient. It just doesn’t happen over night.”"

06-14-2011, 11:55 PMaway - #2
King rA 1 heat pts

d 
space
$1,764 | 6423723
Kidd speaking the truth. the way i look at it, a lot of people doubted the heat even getting to the finals. And to be quite honest, alot of the reasons behind the doubts were reasonably legit. Injuries, lack of depth, the fact that it was their first year together etc. So to me, the heat being in the finals was a plus for this season. I think that in itself is still an accomplishment and shows that this team is capable of making it to the finals year in, year out. As a fan, it sucks to see that the heat couldnt win it all but its clear that the future is bright. Hopefully, proving the doubters wrong and making it to the finals but ####ing up and losing will only make them work harder.
 06-15-2011, 12:00 AMonline - #3
Cambury 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$23,460 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by King rA
Kidd speaking the truth. the way i look at it, a lot of people doubted the heat even getting to the finals. And to be quite honest, alot of the reasons behind the doubts were reasonably legit. Injuries, lack of depth, the fact that it was their first year together etc. So to me, the heat being in the finals was a plus for this season. I think that in itself is still an accomplishment and shows that this team is capable of making it to the finals year in, year out. As a fan, it sucks to see that the heat couldnt win it all but its clear that the future is bright. Hopefully, proving the doubters wrong and making it to the finals but ####ing up and losing will only make them work harder.
given the circumstance I would have put my house up that they would have made the finals, the east was up for grabs this postseason, the healthiest team advanced.
 06-15-2011, 12:01 AMaway - #4
nauticafolife 

d 
space
$1,033 | 1288743
Originally Posted by King rA
couldnt have put it any better!
 06-15-2011, 12:03 AMaway - #5
Liquid-Science 24 heat pts24

d 
space
$16,379 | POWERFUL
When they beat the Celtics and they beat the Bulls in 5 games each, expectations changed

the Heat are big a$s disappointments and they should feel that they are

if they don't, they're settling and don't care

the Bulls weren't young, their star is but his supporting cast is in their prime

Last edited by Liquid-Science; 06-15-2011 at 12:07 AM..
 06-15-2011, 12:07 AMaway - #6
teamSkeem 156 heat pts156

d 
space
$2,298 | POWERFUL
spoken like a true G
 06-15-2011, 12:10 AMaway - #7
ivan1087 8 heat pts

d 
space
$4,212 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Liquid-Science
When they beat the Celtics and they beat the Bulls in 5 games each, expectations changed
That's a good point worth mentioning. The Heat simply weren't the team in the Finals that they were in the first 3 rounds.
 06-15-2011, 12:20 AMonline - #8
#JewLife 74 heat pts74

d 
space
$12,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Liquid-Science

the Heat are big a$s disappointments and they should feel that they are

if they don't, they're settling and don't care

the Bulls weren't young, their star is but his supporting cast is in their prime
Who, Boozer? He was unhealthy all year. Noah? I wouldn't say he's reached his prime. Maybe Luol Deng.
 06-15-2011, 12:27 AMaway - #9
morrow05 31 heat pts31

d 
space
$1,773 | 16731454
First year together, made it to the finals...maybe next year they'll win it all...that is if the bulls don't beat them.
 06-15-2011, 12:44 AMaway - #10
Pat McGroin 88 heat pts88

d 
space
$1,802 | POWERFUL
truth...17 years...you can ####in wait.
 06-15-2011, 12:47 AMaway - #11
R3KT915 

d 
space
$2,021 | 4020779
J Kidd deserved it.
 06-15-2011, 12:52 AMaway - #12
Mark-Ez 

d 
space
$1,563 | 2927605
Originally Posted by Cambury
given the circumstance I would have put my house up that they would have made the finals, the east was up for grabs this postseason, the healthiest team advanced.
Are you healthy?
 06-15-2011, 01:01 AMaway - #13
Rockobox 76 heat pts76

d 
space
$12,371 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mook Laflair
2010 Heat/2004 Lakers Are The Same In My Opinion. You Just Knew They Were Gon Win But They Blew It. Teams Are Gettin Better This Probably Was They Only Chance

Lake Show Next Year

Lakers In 5 Vs. Miami
My thoughts exactly on the 04 Lakers/10 Heat comparison...ni##as just got too comfortable knowing how many good players they had and took things too light. To get this type of statement from Jason Kidd TRULY shows that this will not be an overnight type of thing. This is coming from someone who was damn near close to retirement if this year's Finals did not work out...two Finals appearances that SHOULD'VE went his way with the Nets with all the talent that was on that team, and it didn't work out. You've just gotta be patient.

...and you'll be lucky if LA even makes it past the first round next year
 06-15-2011, 01:12 AMaway - #14
samsin420 32 heat pts32

d 
space
$5,654 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ivan1087
That's a good point worth mentioning. The Heat simply weren't the team in the Finals that they were in the first 3 rounds.

You could say that. Or you could say they hadn't faced a team as good as the Mavs in the first 3 rounds.
 06-15-2011, 01:13 AMaway - #15
Rockobox 76 heat pts76

d 
space
$12,371 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mark-Ez
Are you healthy?
 06-15-2011, 02:04 AMaway - #16
Po*TenSe™ 3 heat pts

d 
space
$573 | 2568149
2011-2012 Roster

Heat = Lebron, Dwade, Bosh

Lakers = Pau, Kobe, Derron Williams, odom, Dwight Howard,

this was the heat 1st and only yr. to win a championshipp for the nxt 3 yrs....
 06-15-2011, 02:36 AMaway - #17
dj_60_2000 5 heat pts

d 
space
$665 | 8695632
No I like Lebron.....do I have to put a no homo I'm not sure what's cool these days. But there is that image of him putting his hand in J. Kidd's chest when he went for the customary after game chit chat. But I see J. Kidd took the high road.
 06-15-2011, 02:38 AMaway - #18
pandemon 8 heat pts

d 
space
$9,179 | POWERFUL
lebron lost
 06-15-2011, 02:39 AMaway - #19
BigAssTree 1 heat pts

d 
space
$538 | 1571097
Originally Posted by Po*TenSe™
2011-2012 Roster

Heat = Lebron, Dwade, Bosh

Lakers = Pau, Kobe, Derron Williams, odom, Dwight Howard,

this was the heat 1st and only yr. to win a championshipp for the nxt 3 yrs....
This ain't NBA 2k
 06-15-2011, 03:30 AMaway - #20
dj_60_2000 5 heat pts

d 
space
$665 | 8695632
Originally Posted by BigAssTree
This ain't NBA 2k
NBA Elite '11 out this...

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Lil Durk's Baby Mama is a freak
74 comments
The PS4 SharePlay thread: Online Couch Coop and trying out othe..
103 comments
NBA Kobe Bryant Calls Dwight Howard "A bi-ch Ass N***A"
117 comments
 Image(s) inside Oct 29 - Aliens Are Real Reveals Former Area 51 Scient...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 135 comments - by Rick Ross
 Image(s) inside Floyd Mayweather Wearing Bedazzled Louboutin Boots
New reply 6 minutes ago - 65 comments - by nicoled985
 audio inside Lil Wayne - Gotti (ft. The Lox)
New reply 3 minutes ago - 146 comments - by Dabc32
 Video inside Smack/url Presents- T Rex Vs Charlie Clips [anticipati...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 384 comments - by ZeusSlaps
 Image(s) inside Iggy Azalea In Spandex Running Errands In Los Angeles
New reply 4 minutes ago - 56 comments - by Steve
 NBA Pacers Starting Lineup For Tonight
New reply 8 minutes ago - 59 comments - by King Henry
 Video inside 10 Hours Of Walking Around Nyc As A Woman (ny Niggas A...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 280 comments - by Tastemaker331
 audio inside Jay Rock - Pay For It (ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantel)
New reply 12 minutes ago - 71 comments - by malc

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,833 fans of BX | none new today 4,803 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.