Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

JaMarcus Russell Career Highlights

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
103 viewing
Image inside Young thug confirmed gay
245 comments
most viewed right now
84 viewing
 NBA The Steph Curry Meme's Have Begun
66 comments

top in section
59 viewing
 Image inside was it only a matter of time before mentally challenged people started..
top in hiphop
top in section
63 viewing
 MMA Female Muay Thai champion pretends to be a beginner and Beats down male st..
top in sports

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 JaMarcus Russell Career Highlights
Unread 5 years agoclass of '07 - away - #1
2863 pageviews
27 comments

Jago 546 heat pts546 space
space
$2,539 | POWERFUL

Just The Facts
  1. Before being released, rumors were that Russell arrived at training camp weighing 300 pounds, far above the 255 he weighed in his prime. 3 years ago.

2. When Jamarcus Russell sits around the mansion he bought with his $31 million guaranteed from the Raiders, he literally sits around the mansion he bought with his $31 million.

3. When JaMarcus Russell steps back from the snap, he goes "beep beep beep".

4. JaMarcus Russell is so fat that his offensive linemen don't exactly form a pocket around him so much as gravitationally fall into orbit.

JaMarcus Russell's career

JaMarcus Russell was drafted in 2007 by the Raiders and got mostly glowing reviews from most sports experts at the time, although some warned that he had a high likelihood of becoming fat and lazy (key football terms).

There were allegedly quite a few warning signs at the time.

"Even before the Vegas trips and crazy bling and purple drank rumors, there was the ESPN video of him just before draft day talking about how much he was going to relax and eat once he got drafted. (How that didn't freeze NFL scouts in their tracks I have no idea.)"

Nevertheless, Al Davis drafted him. Al Davis, owner of the Oakland Raiders, is insane, and by some reports died ten years ago in a tragic accident. However, he appears to have been resurrected by some unnatural force and has returned to do its bidding.

Most Raiders fans don't take such silly stories seriously and opt for a more reasonable hypothesis - that he is Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars. There is some evidence for this as well.

For whatever reason, he drafted JaMarcus Russell.

Almost immediately, there was trouble when Russell refused to report to training camp unless he was given way too much money. Although the organization balked for a while at giving an unprecedented amount of money to someone who hadn't played a day of professional football, they finally decided it was pretty reasonable.

By this time, he had missed all of training camp and several weeks of the regular season, and didn't get caught up enough to play until the last two games. He didn't do so great in those games, but it all got lost in how bad the team was doing in general.

The next season, 2008, he got his coach, Lane Kiffin, fired, mostly by being terrible. When Kiffin told Al Davis that Russell was terrible, Al Davis essentially told him, "You're terrible," and eventually fired him. The demon possessing Al Davis was convinced that JaMarcus Russell was a hidden jewel and just needed a good coach in order to bloom.

At a news conference, Davis read a letter he had written to the fired coach. "He is a great player. Get over it and coach this team on the field. That is what you were hired to do. We can win with this team."

[pic - click to view]

Russell spotted during the offseason

The offseason was a delicious one, and Russell showed up to 2009 training camp so overweight he was fined. He continued his show of excellence by falling asleep at team meetings or just skipping them to go to Vegas, while performing at a record-breaking level of terrible on the field.

After a particular stinker of a game against the Broncos where he failed to complete half his passes, two of them going to the opposite team, he displayed his fire and determination to learn from his mistakes by blaming the refs for calling those interceptions and saying, "I think I did all right. ... I try to play with no regrets."

It takes a lot of confidence, or denial, or whatever, to say that after the home crowd has been chanting "JaMarcus sucks," the entire game.

In November 2009, coach Tom Cable finally yanked him out of the game. The fans cheered wildly as Bruce Gradkowski came out to replace him even though they didn't know who Bruce Gradkowski was. Over the next few games, Bruce did all right, and after he got hurt, the other backup quarterback did all right as well, neither of them harmed by having JaMarcus Russell as a comparison.

Over the 2010 offseason, the Raiders accumulated several more quarterbacks, to the point where about 5 people would have to get hurt in order for Russell to play again. Feeling that this still wasn't enough of a safety margin, they finally released him May 6, 2010.

He is currently waiting for another team to pick him up and let his hidden talent shine. We'll update you when this happens.
Source: JaMarcus Russell Career Highlights
4 peeps gave props to Jago Gtownkid04 (11-14-2010) , JoeyTheGod (11-14-2010) , hot topic  (11-14-2010) , TH35 (11-14-2010)

27 comments for "JaMarcus Russell Career Highlights"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 5 years agoclass of '07 - away - #2
TH35 75 heat pts75 space
They.Resurrect.Over.New
space
$60,389 | POWERFUL
John Elway like . Anyway, I do hope he does get a chance to play again, he's talented when he's not being lazy.
Unread 5 years agoclass of '09 - on now - #3
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48 space
space
$8,177 | POWERFUL
damn he got paid
Unread 5 years agoclass of '05 - away - #4
TheT 20 heat pts20 space
Fck Toby
space
$14,775 | POWERFUL
Unread 5 years agoclass of '09 - away - #5
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17 space
#FireMcKenzieAndAllen
space
$9,405 | POWERFUL
His physical tools are unmatched, but he has zero pocket presence, he's wildly inaccurate( I swear he has overthrown screen passes), and he's late on his reads.

His arm is incredible though. The type of velocity he can put into tight spaces is John Elway esque. Even though he was fat, he was still pretty mobile too.
Unread 5 years agoclass of '10 - away - #6
lboog1423 223 heat pts223 space
G.O.A.T
space
$22,282 | POWERFUL
them burgers look good as s**t
Unread 5 years agoclass of '06 - away - #7
Got Cheeve? 111 heat pts111 space
Borrowed Time
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
He had 4.2 speed tho! Al Davis stop watch says so!

nah i'm happy for the Raiders this year, they been s**t for awhile now.
Unread 5 years agoclass of '07 - away - #8
Benny2k 1 heat pts space
space
$3,771 | 14799783
someone please post that jarmarcus gif riding through the destruction of the world in 2012movie LMAO
Unread 5 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #9
J-Schmoove 31 heat pts31 space
space
$9,053 | POWERFUL
NjGiant420 said:
someone please post that jarmarcus gif riding through the destruction of the world in 2012movie LMAO

Unread 5 years agoclass of '06 - away - #10
DEDOS 103 heat pts103 space
3 of dem Trophs Boy
space
$46,034 | POWERFUL
WiLL i Am said:

Bust?

his bank account says otherwise
Unread 5 years agoclass of '07 - away - #11
Benny2k 1 heat pts space
space
$3,771 | 14799783
J-Schmoove said:

Unread 5 years agoclass of '07 - away - #12
Jago 546 heat pts546 space
space
$2,539 | POWERFUL
J-Schmoove said:

Unread 5 years agoclass of '08 - away - #13
LegalTrappeRx 39 heat pts39 space
...Tha Worlds Greatest...
space
$9,538 | POWERFUL

but cat food though?
Unread 5 years agoclass of '07 - away - #14
Lex Lossis 50 heat pts50 space
CAN'T STOP US
space
$24,088 | POWERFUL
just terrible
Unread 5 years agoclass of '04 - away - #15
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts space
Canes Lost
space
$12,863 | POWERFUL
Unread 5 years agoclass of '07 - on now - #16
theFREAK 1430 heat pts1430 space
❤️iLOVEit❤️
space
$33,352 | POWERFUL

Unread 5 years agoclass of '09 - away - #17
ReggieA 196 heat pts196 space
^HE GOT NEXT!^
space
$35,697 | POWERFUL

I watched that game, and I nearly fell out my chair when he did the slowest spin move I ever seen in my life.

Unread 5 years agoclass of '04 - away - #18
Quik 1 heat pts space
I.AM.DAT.n*gga
space
$263 | 1436191
Unread 5 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #19
EscoNore 65 heat pts65 space
Fly Boyz New Jeru
space
$11,019 | POWERFUL
dem cheeseburgers
Unread 5 years agoclass of '07 - away - #20
Cartel-Clipz 21 heat pts21 space
tell him be quiet please?
space
$20,371 | POWERFUL
J-Schmoove said:

:rolll augh:

Home > all sections > BX SportsCenter

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
321 viewing
Video inside Real Or Fake? The Pencil Game "Charlie, Charlie" Got These Dudes Freaki..
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
49 viewing
Image inside Virginia Mom Arrested For Leaving 8 Y.O. Home Alone While She Got Turn..
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
38 viewing
Image inside Stephanie Acevedo
16 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
31 viewing
May 24 - Ex-Scientologist Leah Remini still struggling with fallout from leavi..
93 comments
@news
most viewed right now
28 viewing
Asap Rocky - At.Long.Last.A$AP (Official Anticipation/Discussion Thread) (June..
401 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
16 viewing
NFL Ray McDonald assaulted woman while she was holding a baby
38 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
16 viewing
NBA Mrs. Curry tried to front for the cameras, gets exposed (throwback)
113 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
12 viewing
Image inside What yall think? Amber Rose
82 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Confirmed. Jaden Smith to play Static Shock
140 comments
@movies

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time