This is BX @ Boxden.com

Jadeveon Clowney good, tired and a little cheap in debut

Jadeveon Clowney good, tired and a little cheap in debut
Arrow topic by Cheeze - 08-29-2013, 09:39 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

The consensus elite prospect in the country, Jadeveon Clowney was good -- but not dominant -- in the first game of what is widely expected to be his final season at South Carolina.

Primarily lining up opposite Preseason All-American left tackle James Hurst, Clowney was "only" credited with three tackles before a weather delay suspending game action in the mid fourth quarter. He saw action when the game resumed over an hour later, lining up opposite UNC's backup right tackle Kiaro Holts but did not record a tackle.

When blocked one on one by Hurst, Clowney frequently impacted plays, penetrating into the backfield to force quick throws by senior Bryn Renner and forcing backs into the arms of teammates. UNC did everything it could schematically against Clowney, double-teaming him, running misdirection away from him and screens over the top of him.

> Jadeveon Clowney good, tired and a little cheap in debut - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Clowney did not register a stop following the delay but did beat Holts early with a quick inside move, forcing an errant thrown from Renner. A play later, Holts retaliated with a questionable late, low block into the back of Clowney's knee that drew a flag for clipping. Clowney had a slight limp as he walked off the field but returned on the Gamecocks' next defensive series.

Considering the hype Clowney has received, those focusing on him for the first time Thursday night might have left disappointed. The attention from UNC (and a game-time temperature of 96 degrees) clearly had Clowney winded. The star defensive end also reportedly complained of a stomach virus.

He was subbed for most of UNC's lone scoring drive of the first half and did not make the type of impactful plays he has throughout his first two dominating seasons in the SEC.

This was a home game for Clowney and the Gamecocks so scouts may have a hard time excusing the star defensive end's exhaustion. As such, for the handful of NFL talent evaluators watching No. 7 for the first time Thursday night, Clowney's first impression could be that, while talented, he needs to work on his conditioning to warrant his hype.

Clowney's 2013 debut may lack the sizzle to spark a Heisman campaign but taken in context with the rest of his sparkling career, his status as NFLDraftScout.com's top-rated prospect potentially available for the 2014 NFL draft is secure.

Source

that cheap shot > Jadeveon Clowney good, tired and a little cheap in debut - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Latest Sports Hot Topics    share this topic    Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

24 comments for "Jadeveon Clowney good, tired and a little cheap in debut"

08-29-2013, 09:42 PMaway - #2
antoniob321 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$8,088 | POWERFUL
That UNC linemen dirty af. cheap a$s shot...
 08-29-2013, 09:46 PMaway - #3
Bkjj11 211 heat pts211

d 
space
$37,324 | POWERFUL
wow. that school should be fined for that cheap shot ####.

the #### was that. kid should be gone for the year.
 08-29-2013, 09:47 PMaway - #4
TRILL SH1T 59 heat pts59

d 
space
$3,432 | POWERFUL
Clowney is great, amazing talent... No way I would draft him #1, I'm pretty sure he won't be drafted #1 anyways; in top 5 though
 08-29-2013, 09:47 PMaway - #5
Cheeze 483 heat pts483

d 
space
$30,526 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bkjj11
wow. that school should be fined for that cheap shot ####.

the #### was that. kid should be gone for the year.
what

fined? gone for the year?
 08-29-2013, 09:48 PMaway - #6
dahabi 75 heat pts75

d 
space
$9,170 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by antoniob321
That UNC linemen dirty af. cheap a$s shot...
that #### is a disgrace. he seems mad at getting beat by someone who will go top 5, while he himself will end up scouring his attic to see if he owns anything of value after college.
 08-29-2013, 09:49 PMaway - #7
Bkjj11 211 heat pts211

d 
space
$37,324 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Cheeze
what

fined? gone for the year?
ill be in miami soon bruh, im dyin to see u miami cornballs on bx.
 08-29-2013, 09:50 PMaway - #8
Cheeze 483 heat pts483

d 
space
$30,526 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TRILL SH1T
Clowney is great, amazing talent... No way I would draft him #1, I'm pretty sure he won't be drafted #1 anyways; in top 5 though
I'm pretty sure whatever team is drafting #1 will take a QB but top 5 I agree with

He still did work tonight, virus or not, getting double and triple teamed. Affected UNCs whole offense.

reminds me of playing roller hockey in 100+ degree weather
 08-29-2013, 09:51 PMaway - #9
NoMenace 67 heat pts67

d 
space
$5,051 | POWERFUL
#ClowninForClowney
 08-29-2013, 10:10 PMaway - #10
PEK 6 heat pts

d 
space
$7,804 | POWERFUL
Somebody should beat the #### out that dirty a$s lineman. That was blatant as ####
 08-29-2013, 11:39 PMaway - #11
OldeEnglish22oz 5 heat pts

d 
space
$15,915 | POWERFUL
That whole Dline looked winded.
 08-30-2013, 12:59 AMaway - #12
CrimeEthics 47 heat pts47

d 
space
$1,047 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TRILL SH1T
haha... this #### doesn't know #### about football. clowney is a joke. so are ALL of his supporters. don't even get me started.... none of you ####s know football. sit down.
 08-30-2013, 01:11 AMaway - #13
Bama Boy 76 heat pts76

d 
space
$49,652 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by CrimeEthics
haha... this #### doesn't know #### about football. clowney is a joke. so are ALL of his supporters. don't even get me started.... none of you ####s know football. sit down.
 08-30-2013, 01:25 AMonline - #14
Ladklap 157 heat pts157

d 
space
$3,839 | POWERFUL
 08-30-2013, 01:26 AMaway - #15

d 
space
$1,047 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bama Boy
####ing say something. did you even watch the game? what do you think this is??

#### it... take a game off and sign a 40 million dollar contract right? you're an idiot. go figure a ####in bama fan doesn't have a clue.

08-30-2013, 01:29 AMaway - #16

d 
space
$1,047 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ladklap

go play secondhand football.
 08-30-2013, 01:37 AMonline - #17
Ladklap 157 heat pts157

d 
space
$3,839 | POWERFUL

go play secondhand football.
#### glenn beck.

Go take a seat and chill.

08-30-2013, 01:56 AMaway - #18

d 
space
$1,047 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ladklap
#### glenn beck.

Go take a seat and chill.

well no ####.... ill say it louder than you. #### glenn beck.. so what? its a gif, simpleton.
 08-30-2013, 06:32 AMaway - #19
lboog1423 186 heat pts186

d 
space
$17,953 | POWERFUL
Getting tired typical though, esp first game of the season. You can practice and condition all day everyday but nothing simulates game speed. Im pretty sure they didnt face anything that up tempo during camp. Any defense in the country would be tired from an offense spreading the field and runnning a no huddle offense for 14+ plays a drive. I think the commentators over analyzed the whole being tired ####. All D-linemen get tired, thats why most teams rotate them in and out.

I though he had a good game. As stated above he battled through several double teams that had effects on plays and his presence alone changed up the UNC play calling. What more can you ask of a person on D. They need to stop with all that he took plays off, looked out of shape non sense.
 08-30-2013, 06:43 AMaway - #20
Steelerfan1 1 heat pts

d 
space
$3,761 | 10734357
Clowney being sick all week + 96 degrees = Tired

These media hacks always look for a reason to tear someone down

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Whats the most you ever spent on a pair of kicks?
81 comments
Video inside  Realest sh*t on film...sh*t that made u feel it
55 comments
Video inside  Madden Lost
58 comments
  Illuminati Hov Strikes Again! 106 & Park Taken Off...
New reply 49 seconds ago - 160 comments - by Young_
 Image(s) inside Wifey Material
New reply 23 minutes ago - 88 comments - by thirsty91
 Video inside Beanie Sigel "artists Don't Make Money"
New reply 2 minutes ago - 56 comments - by sammy1990
 Image(s) inside Holy Sh-t Did Anyone Ever Buy This Garbage?
New reply 32 minutes ago - 113 comments - by Chedda
  How Is Madden This Year?
New reply 18 minutes ago - 54 comments - by The Bearded One
 Video inside What $1,000 Rent Looks Like In America
New reply 33 minutes ago - 94 comments - by Sin
 NFL Top 5 Wide Receivers Right Now
New reply 22 minutes ago - 58 comments - by tre0624
 Image(s) inside 50 Vs Floyd.... It Gets No Realer Than This.
New reply 1 hour ago - 63 comments - by illmatic826

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.