This is BX @ Boxden.com

J.R. Smith thinks that Lin's contract would cause problems in the Knicks locker room

J.R. Smith thinks that Lin's contract would cause problems in the Knicks locker room
 07-16-2012, 12:21 PMaway - #101
X_WunderKind_X 852 heat pts852

d 
space
$26,145 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TanstA!
So that contract the Rockets souped up isn't ridiculous?
nobody said it wasnt ridiculous. but the Knicks are being ridiculous thinking that other teams will not try to force our hand with our cap.
 07-16-2012, 12:27 PMaway - #102
LordBlanco|M 27 heat pts27

d 
space
$23,488 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by X_WunderKind_X
nobody said it wasnt ridiculous. but the Knicks are being ridiculous thinking that other teams will not try to force our hand with our cap.
And here's the result.... They lose Lin. It's their fault they let him test the market and got ####ed for it. You take the L or the W (Depending on how Lin does) and move on. I know we have till Tuesday night till this #### is finally over with. Tuesday night cant come soon enough .
 07-16-2012, 12:32 PMaway - #103

d 
space
$26,145 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TanstA!
And here's the result.... They lose Lin. It's their fault they let him test the market and got ####ed for it. You take the L or the W (Depending on how Lin does) and move on. I know we have till Tuesday night till this #### is finally over with. Tuesday night cant come soon enough .
I'm trying to win b, its not about Lin himself, its about putting the knicks in the best position for success and Lin gives us that over felton. It's not fair that we have an owner that does everything against winning but we have to suffer because of it. We support and fund this team, we deserve better yo
 07-16-2012, 12:58 PMaway - #104
Soda Pop 4 heat pts

d 
space
$5,493 | 16439384
####s terrible you a millionaire and you jealous of another millionaire, #### outta here. What happen to winning? Why you counting that dude money anyway?
 07-16-2012, 01:10 PMaway - #105
illwill3g 

d 
space
$508 | 152178
First off... Let's be real, Jeremy Lin seized his opportunity to get paid the "big bucks" so to speak. When the opportunity presented itself he did what he had to do to put himself and the Knicks in a position to even be considered a contender in the East when Melo and Amare' was out... People forget this is a business, when one man is out the next has to step up and Lin did just that...

Like others had stated he was one of the main focal points for the Knicks to be selling tickets and being the talk around the league. Just like any other sport, if a back up or average player has break out and decent games and their contract is up for negotiations that is when more money and better deals come into play...

Like I said Lin seized his opportunity cause he had some break through performances and now it is time for him to cash-in... So lets not act like this is all about seniority because there are still ni##as in the league who been playing for 5+ years making under 6 million... Now I am not saying Jermey Lin is an all-star, but he pulled a Kevin Kolb or a Matt Cassel on them ni##as... ( I would say a Matt Forte', but I don't think he is that important to a team like he is) either way, pay the ni##a or someone else will...

Don't hate the player, hate the game... In this case business...
 07-16-2012, 01:11 PMaway - #106
Gottagat 

d 
space
$10,878 | POWERFUL
JR smith is like Delonte west he aint gonna ever get a fair deal because of his maturity issues it is what it is. tough break ni##a
 07-16-2012, 01:12 PMaway - #107
Piccolo 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,943 | 8828580
yall must not like Jr..
 07-16-2012, 01:16 PMaway - #108
Piccolo 4 heat pts

d 
space
$1,943 | 8828580
Originally Posted by AuthenticMade
^^^Exaaaaactly. For once this guy says something that makes sense lmao

All he said was that a other guys, excluding himself, might have an issue if this kid ends up overpaid. And im a Knicks fan....for 27 years strong I been a Knicks fan....I dont want Jeremy Lin making that kind of money for my team. Sure he came out and had some nice games, but then he got hurt and all that #### disappeared. Im more so happy we got Felton back...thats great work right there....

And lol at people saying 'hes gonna help ticket sales'....SINCE WHEN DID THE KNICKS EVER NEED ANY PLAYER TO HELP TICKET SALES. We're one of the few teams that are able to come close to selling out the house even during our worst seasons. The knicks ticket sales would remain high even if we lost an absurd amount of games. We dont need some flash in the pan hypebeast kid to help us with ticket sales

I say let the kid go. Im all about people getting paid, Landry went to Toronto and got that check, im happy for him....let Lin go to Houston and get his check.

I'm seeing Knicks fans in this thread talking about Lin, and our team being messed up when.....Our team being ####ed up aint got #### to do with Lin....We're still in the ####(And will stay in it for a long a$s time) because of the dumb a$s Amare/Melo acquisitions.

This is why its funny how this thread is all about JR. End of the day that contract will handcuff a team when it comes to building a WINNIGN TEAM. This isnt yao ming here...they willl get to a point where a better pg is needed(rockets)

Knicks will still sell out seats..they can have a team full of andre millers and still sell out this asian market aint a big loss for the mecca.
 07-16-2012, 01:26 PMaway - #109
Maroon_Tiger 13 heat pts13

d 
space
$41,537 | POWERFUL
the knicks should just let him go... hes a dumbass for signing a contract for a western conference team...

signing for that money

1. the expectations will be outrageous and will bury him by allstar break
2. if he does make it to the allstar game, nobody will respect him
3. w/o dwight, he'll never sniff the playoffs in the west
4. dude is overrated as hell... the knicks could've signed lou williams and been better off

i feel sorry for the bandwaggon fans who copped Lin jerseys
 07-16-2012, 01:31 PMaway - #110
MiseryCityTexas 7 heat pts

d 
space
$13,624 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Johnny Tapwater
JR. Smith is only speaking for himself...

...THATS the ni##a that'll be jealous..
Most black men be jealous of others period.
 07-16-2012, 01:38 PMaway - #111
PrisonRules 26 heat pts26

d 
space
$15,863 | POWERFUL
in this world you dont get what u deserve, you get what you negotiate.

smith should only be mad at himself, lin didnt make smith sign a 6M contract
 07-16-2012, 01:43 PMonline - #112
HennyHeat 4 heat pts

d 
space
$5,945 | 16504078
I completely understand where JR is coming from. Should he have said it? probably not

Is he right? Yes. Although that's what the market is asking of Lin and you can't be mad at Lin for taking the money

How is a player like JR supposed to feel when Lin is collectin 15 mill while he's eatin off a 2.8 mill plate.

Human nature will not allow people to just sit with that.

Do I want Lin yes. I definitely was 100% behind signing him back and am disgusted we are now on a Plan B option with Felton. But it is hard for even me to stomach him makin 15 million in a given year at this point in his career. That is absurd

The Rockets are clowns and I actually am upset with Lin if he pulled that Snake move

Hate to see him go but with the numbers being thrown out at what they are. Id be able to live with it. But will be extremely disappointed to see a young talent like Lin leave in this manner
 07-16-2012, 01:49 PMaway - #113

d 
space
$26,145 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by HennyHeat
I completely understand where JR is coming from. Should he have said it? probably not

Is he right? Yes. Although that's what the market is asking of Lin and you can't be mad at Lin for taking the money

How is a player like JR supposed to feel when Lin is collectin 15 mill while he's eatin off a 2.8 mill plate.

Human nature will not allow people to just sit with that.

Do I want Lin yes. I definitely was 100% behind signing him back and am disgusted we are now on a Plan B option with Felton. But it is hard for even me to stomach him makin 15 million in a given year at this point in his career. That is absurd

The Rockets are clowns and I actually am upset with Lin if he pulled that Snake move

Hate to see him go but with the numbers being thrown out at what they are. Id be able to live with it. But will be extremely disappointed to see a young talent like Lin leave in this manner
he wont be making 15 a year in any season if he goes to the rockets. They are paying 8 flat all three years. Its' called the Gilbert Arenas Provision. That "snake" thing is just a lie from a reporter.
 07-16-2012, 01:50 PMaway - #114
MiseryCityTexas 7 heat pts

d 
space
$13,624 | POWERFUL
The Bulls are gonna match garbage a$s Asik, which is the same damned contract, so why can't the Knicks match Lin's contract when with the big risks they are facing if they do match? Seems like the Bulls don't give a ####.
 07-16-2012, 01:55 PMaway - #115
JDub916 2 heat pts

d 
space
$453 | 2094957
Originally Posted by MemphBleek05
Contracts aren't necessarily based on potential. It's other factors that go into that equation. Allow me to ask you this, let's say Lin becomes stagnant. He begins to play the way he played, once players got enough tape on him. If you're a GM, are you seriously okay with paying him $15 million? I'm not concerned about the Knicks botched negotiations, it's a known fact by now...#KnicksLost, it's what they do...this is strictly about that $15 million......
Is he worth it or not isnt the question for us to say honestly. The Rockets feel he is worth the deal based on the potential he showed in summer league and in his limited time with NY. The contract is completely based on the potential he can be a draw at the box office and he can continue to play well under a coach who will give him free reign similar to DAntoni.
 07-16-2012, 01:56 PMaway - #116

d 
space
$26,145 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
The Bulls are gonna match garbage a$s Asik, which is the same damned contract, so why can't the Knicks match Lin's contract when with the big risks they are facing if they do match? Seems like the Bulls don't give a ####.
This proves that Houston was planning this all along. The same exact same backloaded contract to two players?
 07-16-2012, 02:09 PMonline - #117
HennyHeat 4 heat pts

d 
space
$5,945 | 16504078
he wont be making 15 a year in any season if he goes to the rockets. They are paying 8 flat all three years. Its' called the Gilbert Arenas Provision. That "snake" thing is just a lie from a reporter.
So would that be the contract the Knicks would have to match?

8 mil per? Still a lil hefty but definitely makes the cap more flexible in the 3rd year for other potential signings
 07-16-2012, 02:27 PMaway - #118

d 
space
$26,145 | POWERFUL
So would that be the contract the Knicks would have to match?

8 mil per? Still a lil hefty but definitely makes the cap more flexible in the 3rd year for other potential signings
nah my dude lol. The way its set up, the Rockets will pay the Avg amount of the offer, divided by the number of years, in this case 24/3 = 8 Mill a year.

However, the Knicks cannot offer a 1 or 2 yr player more than 5 Mill on the first two years, so if they match, they pay 5, 5, which is ten mill, and 14 is just the remaining difference from the 24 mill, because the 3rd and 4th year salaries are not restricted like the first two.

the CBA is ####ing over the matching team with the Arenas Provision, but it allows teams to still sign their players back even though they can only pay the 5 the first two years.
 07-16-2012, 02:49 PMonline - #119
HennyHeat 4 heat pts

d 
space
$5,945 | 16504078
nah my dude lol. The way its set up, the Rockets will pay the Avg amount of the offer, divided by the number of years, in this case 24/3 = 8 Mill a year.

However, the Knicks cannot offer a 1 or 2 yr player more than 5 Mill on the first two years, so if they match, they pay 5, 5, which is ten mill, and 14 is just the remaining difference from the 24 mill, because the 3rd and 4th year salaries are not restricted like the first two.

the CBA is ####ing over the matching team with the Arenas Provision, but it allows teams to still sign their players back even though they can only pay the 5 the first two years.
I understand now

And it sounds like quite the idiotic provision.

"Ya you can match any contract. Except when you match it, you will be handicapping your Salaray Cap, while the team attempting to steal your player does not have that burden"

Stupid

Last edited by HennyHeat; 07-16-2012 at 02:53 PM..
 07-16-2012, 02:59 PMaway - #120

d 
space
$26,145 | POWERFUL
I understand now

And it sounds like quite the idiotic provision.

"Ya you can match any contract. Except when you match it, you will be handicapping your Salaray Cap, while the team attempting to steal your player does not have that burden"

Stupid
yea. the reason they did that was because golden state, who had Arenas couldnt sign him even as an RFA because washington set an avg price above what they could pay. The business of sports gets dirty and they will do anything to exploit you.

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Nov 22 - Cleveland police shoot 12-year-old boy holdi..
72 comments
NBA Raptors & Dray improve to NBA best 11-2, beat Cavs as Le..
67 comments
NFL SNF: Dallas Cowboys (7-3) @ New York Football Giants (3-..
834 comments
 Video inside Nov 22 - Agree Or Disagree? Police Chief Went In On Af...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 117 comments - by slee
 NCAAF Nfl Head Of Officiating Says Jameis Winston Should Hav...
New reply 20 minutes ago - 122 comments - by theFREAK
 Image(s) inside Simple Ideas But Totally Genius
New reply 6 minutes ago - 53 comments - by thetfd
 Image(s) inside Nov 22 - How Many Homeless People Will Freeze To Death...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 69 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NFL Rgiii's Family's Access To Team Facility Has Been Revo...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 116 comments - by theFREAK
 Image(s) inside List Of Upcoming Tapes To Look Out For!
New reply 23 minutes ago - 67 comments - by SlimDunkin
 Image(s) inside Bow Wow Blasts 'black Folks' & “the Homies Just Dr...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 132 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Rick Ross Looking Slim At Compound Album Release Party...
New reply 24 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Whoo

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,860 fans of BX | none new today 4,810 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.