Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

J.R. Smith thinks that Lin's contract would cause problems in the Knicks locker room

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
164 viewing
 Image inside 41 Things To Know For No Reason....
32 comments
most viewed right now
107 viewing
 Image inside FOR REAL THO? Is THIS Justin Beibers new jawn!??
57 comments

top in section
16 viewing
Image inside LG wants to make mounting your TV just as easy as sticking a magnet on..
top in tech
top in section
20 viewing
Video inside new Hatred gameplay video
top in games

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 J.R. Smith thinks that Lin's contract would cause problems in the Knicks locker room
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - on now - #101
LordBlanco|M 30 heat pts30 space
avatar space
2 Dusty Rings
space
$26,006 | POWERFUL
X_WunderKind_X said:
nobody said it wasnt ridiculous. but the Knicks are being ridiculous thinking that other teams will not try to force our hand with our cap.
And here's the result.... They lose Lin. It's their fault they let him test the market and got fu*ked for it. You take the L or the W (Depending on how Lin does) and move on. I know we have till Tuesday night till this sh*t is finally over with. Tuesday night cant come soon enough .
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #102
X_WunderKind_X 870 heat pts870 space
avatar space
NYK/OAK
space
$28,967 | POWERFUL
TanstA! said:
And here's the result.... They lose Lin. It's their fault they let him test the market and got fu*ked for it. You take the L or the W (Depending on how Lin does) and move on. I know we have till Tuesday night till this sh*t is finally over with. Tuesday night cant come soon enough .
I'm trying to win b, its not about Lin himself, its about putting the knicks in the best position for success and Lin gives us that over felton. It's not fair that we have an owner that does everything against winning but we have to suffer because of it. We support and fund this team, we deserve better yo
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #103
Soda Pop 5 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$6,487 | POWERFUL
sh*ts terrible you a millionaire and you jealous of another millionaire, fu*k outta here. What happen to winning? Why you counting that dude money anyway?
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #104
illwill3g  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$508 | 152178
First off... Let's be real, Jeremy Lin seized his opportunity to get paid the "big bucks" so to speak. When the opportunity presented itself he did what he had to do to put himself and the Knicks in a position to even be considered a contender in the East when Melo and Amare' was out... People forget this is a business, when one man is out the next has to step up and Lin did just that...

Like others had stated he was one of the main focal points for the Knicks to be selling tickets and being the talk around the league. Just like any other sport, if a back up or average player has break out and decent games and their contract is up for negotiations that is when more money and better deals come into play...

Like I said Lin seized his opportunity cause he had some break through performances and now it is time for him to cash-in... So lets not act like this is all about seniority because there are still n*ggas in the league who been playing for 5+ years making under 6 million... Now I am not saying Jermey Lin is an all-star, but he pulled a Kevin Kolb or a Matt Cassel on them n*ggas... ( I would say a Matt Forte', but I don't think he is that important to a team like he is) either way, pay the n*gga or someone else will...

Don't hate the player, hate the game... In this case business...
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '10 - away - #105
Gottagat  space
avatar space
MY NAME RING BELLS
space
$11,203 | POWERFUL
JR smith is like Delonte west he aint gonna ever get a fair deal because of his maturity issues it is what it is. tough break n*gga
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #106
Piccolo 4 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,000 | 8846425
yall must not like Jr..
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #107
Piccolo 4 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$2,000 | 8846425
AuthenticMade said:
^^^Exaaaaactly. For once this guy says something that makes sense lmao


All he said was that a other guys, excluding himself, might have an issue if this kid ends up overpaid. And im a Knicks fan....for 27 years strong I been a Knicks fan....I dont want Jeremy Lin making that kind of money for my team. Sure he came out and had some nice games, but then he got hurt and all that sh*t disappeared. Im more so happy we got Felton back...thats great work right there....


And lol at people saying 'hes gonna help ticket sales'....SINCE WHEN DID THE KNICKS EVER NEED ANY PLAYER TO HELP TICKET SALES. We're one of the few teams that are able to come close to selling out the house even during our worst seasons. The knicks ticket sales would remain high even if we lost an absurd amount of games. We dont need some flash in the pan hypebeast kid to help us with ticket sales

I say let the kid go. Im all about people getting paid, Landry went to Toronto and got that check, im happy for him....let Lin go to Houston and get his check.


I'm seeing Knicks fans in this thread talking about Lin, and our team being messed up when.....Our team being fu*ked up aint got sh*t to do with Lin....We're still in the sh*t(And will stay in it for a long a.ss time) because of the dumb a.ss Amare/Melo acquisitions.

This is why its funny how this thread is all about JR. End of the day that contract will handcuff a team when it comes to building a WINNIGN TEAM. This isnt yao ming here...they willl get to a point where a better pg is needed(rockets)

Knicks will still sell out seats..they can have a team full of andre millers and still sell out this asian market aint a big loss for the mecca.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #108
MiseryCityTexas 11 heat pts11 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$15,313 | POWERFUL
Johnny Tapwater said:
JR. Smith is only speaking for himself...

...THATS the n*gga that'll be jealous..
Most black men be jealous of others period.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #109
PrisonRules 55 heat pts55 space
avatar space
Haters gonna Hater
space
$20,492 | POWERFUL
in this world you dont get what u deserve, you get what you negotiate.

smith should only be mad at himself, lin didnt make smith sign a 6M contract
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #110
HennyHeat 5 heat pts space
avatar space
In Eli I Trust
space
$6,420 | 18150257
I completely understand where JR is coming from. Should he have said it? probably not

Is he right? Yes. Although that's what the market is asking of Lin and you can't be mad at Lin for taking the money

How is a player like JR supposed to feel when Lin is collectin 15 mill while he's eatin off a 2.8 mill plate.

Human nature will not allow people to just sit with that.

Do I want Lin yes. I definitely was 100% behind signing him back and am disgusted we are now on a Plan B option with Felton. But it is hard for even me to stomach him makin 15 million in a given year at this point in his career. That is absurd

The Rockets are clowns and I actually am upset with Lin if he pulled that Snake move

Hate to see him go but with the numbers being thrown out at what they are. Id be able to live with it. But will be extremely disappointed to see a young talent like Lin leave in this manner
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #111
X_WunderKind_X 870 heat pts870 space
avatar space
NYK/OAK
space
$28,967 | POWERFUL
HennyHeat said:
I completely understand where JR is coming from. Should he have said it? probably not

Is he right? Yes. Although that's what the market is asking of Lin and you can't be mad at Lin for taking the money

How is a player like JR supposed to feel when Lin is collectin 15 mill while he's eatin off a 2.8 mill plate.

Human nature will not allow people to just sit with that.

Do I want Lin yes. I definitely was 100% behind signing him back and am disgusted we are now on a Plan B option with Felton. But it is hard for even me to stomach him makin 15 million in a given year at this point in his career. That is absurd

The Rockets are clowns and I actually am upset with Lin if he pulled that Snake move

Hate to see him go but with the numbers being thrown out at what they are. Id be able to live with it. But will be extremely disappointed to see a young talent like Lin leave in this manner
he wont be making 15 a year in any season if he goes to the rockets. They are paying 8 flat all three years. Its' called the Gilbert Arenas Provision. That "snake" thing is just a lie from a reporter.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #112
MiseryCityTexas 11 heat pts11 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$15,313 | POWERFUL
The Bulls are gonna match garbage a.ss Asik, which is the same damned contract, so why can't the Knicks match Lin's contract when with the big risks they are facing if they do match? Seems like the Bulls don't give a sh*t.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #113
JDub916 2 heat pts space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$459 | 2096082
MemphBleek05 said:
Contracts aren't necessarily based on potential. It's other factors that go into that equation. Allow me to ask you this, let's say Lin becomes stagnant. He begins to play the way he played, once players got enough tape on him. If you're a GM, are you seriously okay with paying him $15 million? I'm not concerned about the Knicks botched negotiations, it's a known fact by now...#KnicksLost, it's what they do...this is strictly about that $15 million......
Is he worth it or not isnt the question for us to say honestly. The Rockets feel he is worth the deal based on the potential he showed in summer league and in his limited time with NY. The contract is completely based on the potential he can be a draw at the box office and he can continue to play well under a coach who will give him free reign similar to DAntoni.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #114
X_WunderKind_X 870 heat pts870 space
avatar space
NYK/OAK
space
$28,967 | POWERFUL
MiseryCityTexas said:
The Bulls are gonna match garbage a.ss Asik, which is the same damned contract, so why can't the Knicks match Lin's contract when with the big risks they are facing if they do match? Seems like the Bulls don't give a sh*t.
This proves that Houston was planning this all along. The same exact same backloaded contract to two players?
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #115
HennyHeat 5 heat pts space
avatar space
In Eli I Trust
space
$6,420 | 18150257
X_WunderKind_X said:
he wont be making 15 a year in any season if he goes to the rockets. They are paying 8 flat all three years. Its' called the Gilbert Arenas Provision. That "snake" thing is just a lie from a reporter.
So would that be the contract the Knicks would have to match?

8 mil per? Still a lil hefty but definitely makes the cap more flexible in the 3rd year for other potential signings
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #116
X_WunderKind_X 870 heat pts870 space
avatar space
NYK/OAK
space
$28,967 | POWERFUL
HennyHeat said:
So would that be the contract the Knicks would have to match?

8 mil per? Still a lil hefty but definitely makes the cap more flexible in the 3rd year for other potential signings
nah my dude lol. The way its set up, the Rockets will pay the Avg amount of the offer, divided by the number of years, in this case 24/3 = 8 Mill a year.

However, the Knicks cannot offer a 1 or 2 yr player more than 5 Mill on the first two years, so if they match, they pay 5, 5, which is ten mill, and 14 is just the remaining difference from the 24 mill, because the 3rd and 4th year salaries are not restricted like the first two.

the CBA is fu*king over the matching team with the Arenas Provision, but it allows teams to still sign their players back even though they can only pay the 5 the first two years.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #117
HennyHeat 5 heat pts space
avatar space
In Eli I Trust
space
$6,420 | 18150257
X_WunderKind_X said:
nah my dude lol. The way its set up, the Rockets will pay the Avg amount of the offer, divided by the number of years, in this case 24/3 = 8 Mill a year.

However, the Knicks cannot offer a 1 or 2 yr player more than 5 Mill on the first two years, so if they match, they pay 5, 5, which is ten mill, and 14 is just the remaining difference from the 24 mill, because the 3rd and 4th year salaries are not restricted like the first two.

the CBA is fu*king over the matching team with the Arenas Provision, but it allows teams to still sign their players back even though they can only pay the 5 the first two years.
I understand now

And it sounds like quite the idiotic provision.

"Ya you can match any contract. Except when you match it, you will be handicapping your Salaray Cap, while the team attempting to steal your player does not have that burden"

Stupid

Last edited by HennyHeat; 07-16-2012 at 01:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #118
X_WunderKind_X 870 heat pts870 space
avatar space
NYK/OAK
space
$28,967 | POWERFUL
HennyHeat said:
I understand now

And it sounds like quite the idiotic provision.

"Ya you can match any contract. Except when you match it, you will be handicapping your Salaray Cap, while the team attempting to steal your player does not have that burden"

Stupid
yea. the reason they did that was because golden state, who had Arenas couldnt sign him even as an RFA because washington set an avg price above what they could pay. The business of sports gets dirty and they will do anything to exploit you.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '09 - away - #119
ralphmbrooklyn 1 heat pts space
avatar space
THE_R_SH*T
space
$1,433 | 1989845
lots of new fans-- live
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #120
JimDinO77 8 heat pts space
avatar space
My Beats Hard n*gga -_-
space
$17,655 | POWERFUL

pay this man... and give him more minutes, i need to see more sh*t like this
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > BX SportsCenter
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
53 viewing
Video inside Step mom gives Her 12 Year Old Step Son A Fresh George Jefferson Cut F..
360 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
38 viewing
Video inside Kendrick and crew flip the script on TMZ
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
31 viewing
Video inside Mya 35 Still looking good. "Mother of five animals" How come no one man..
47 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
28 viewing
Video inside I'm Tyrone Face Off With DJ Kay Slay
68 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
23 viewing
Image inside Mónica Alvarez
46 comments
@eyecandy
most viewed right now
16 viewing
NFL Desean Jackon knocks up kayla phillips
111 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
15 viewing
Image inside Dude trolls instagram hos
188 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
11 viewing
NBA Eye Test Confirmed: Kobes Faced The Most Competitive Teams In History
262 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Video inside Young Thug And Lil Uzi Vert In The Studio Doing Coke And Working On Car..
46 comments
@hiphop

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time