This is BX @ Boxden.com

J.R. Smith thinks that Lin's contract would cause problems in the Knicks locker room

J.R. Smith thinks that Lin's contract would cause problems in the Knicks locker room
 07-16-2012, 09:17 AMaway - #81
Shakespeare 65 heat pts65

d 
space
$3,610 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bullseye
JR just mad cause he ain't gettin his slice of the pie. Yeah, JR been playing longer and he still got the basketball IQ of a rock. All he know how to do is dribble and shoot the ball. Step your IQ game up and you might get a little more bread fool!
JR Smith can dunk and dunks equals revenue for casual basketball fans
 07-16-2012, 09:20 AMaway - #82
Hold That 91 heat pts91

d 
space
$27,417 | POWERFUL
This is the reason why I'm glad we never got J.R and another reason why the Knicks should move him. Too busy worried about what the next man is making oppose playing basketball.

Again, the shelf life of an NBA player is short. Lin has the opportunity to HAVE HIS OWN TEAM. Why would he pass at that, not like the Knicks gonna win the championship ..Take a discount and not win a ring, where they do that at?
 07-16-2012, 09:26 AMaway - #83
TheMindOf 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$13,415 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by S E L F
By some guys, he means "I take it personal".

But he is right tho. Jeremy Lin just got 25 million off a 3 week stretch.
Based on that 3 weeks, I bet the Knicks made more than 25 mill off him..
 07-16-2012, 09:30 AMaway - #84
ingtoo! 

d 
space
$709 | 1051006
Originally Posted by The N
Tell those Jealous dudes to get on TIME magazine and maybe they can get paid like him, help
put the Knicks in a position to get into the playoffs then you can get paid like him, have a community like Lin has behind you aka bring in ticket sales up and maybe ya can get paid like him.
 07-16-2012, 09:32 AMaway - #85
TheMindOf 20 heat pts20

d 
space
$13,415 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by HipHop Since 93
You honestly think he'd be on TIME & have a whole community behind him if he wasnt asian?

This whole "because he's asian argument is lame. Of course that had something to do with it. Dude is breaking barriers for Asians and bringing in all types of new fans to the league.

Not to compare the two, but its almost the same as how Jackie Robinson is known for breaking the color barrier in baseball.
 07-16-2012, 09:45 AMaway - #86
dude hustles 

d 
space
$101 | 437434
None of tall live in ny...

Knicks games BEEN sold out. Melo and amare sellin the arena out check out how much a kinks nosebleed is vs nj nets last year or bobcats, even Philly.

Knicks games been sold out before that...

Come to a footlocker, finish line, fottaction, champs etc. see how much merchandise they still have on clearance, and that has been on clearance the moment his lil 8 game stretch was over. Mad linsanity !! Ty can't get rid off. The hype was short he proved e was a fluke last season. He was a product of dantonis system, so unless he goes where dantoni goes then he will continue to be a$s.

This is my we don give a !! about a chinaman or none of that !!. And these !!in knicks and jets better step they !!in games up quick all ny respects is a winner... And spike. That's the reason a lot Of athletes don't wanna play here or can't make it here. It's a high pressure society.
 07-16-2012, 09:55 AMaway - #87
MemphBleek05 9 heat pts

d 
space
$5,533 | POWERFUL
I swear the internet is fickle......JR has an absolutely valid point....
 07-16-2012, 10:01 AMaway - #88
joshdogg26 130 heat pts130

d 
space
$23,021 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Youngin19
If I was JR Smith, i'd be heated. You mean to tell me dude is gonna make 25% of what Jeremy Lin makes?

Who the !! is Jeremy Lin? isn't this the same dude that had 10 turnovers against Rio? Dumb a$s GMs need to be slapped for the contract they're offering dude
it's more about the revenue he'll bring from the asian market than it is his actual on court ability. houston knows that better than anybody after having yao.
 07-16-2012, 10:02 AMaway - #89
MemphBleek05 9 heat pts

d 
space
$5,533 | POWERFUL
Yao had already shown his worth though (on court)..........
 07-16-2012, 10:03 AMaway - #90
X_WunderKind_X 830 heat pts830

d 
space
$22,065 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by MemphBleek05
I swear the internet is fickle......JR has an absolutely valid point....
no he doesn't. He should understand the difference in their contract situations, relative to the team. If he doesn't know, he should ask somebody who does. and you never say anything publicly about another man's money, especially the intent to let them know you will make a fuss of a situation that doesn't affect you when you made
your deal
 07-16-2012, 10:04 AMaway - #91
joshdogg26 130 heat pts130

d 
space
$23,021 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dude hustles
None of tall live in ny...

Knicks games BEEN sold out. Melo and amare sellin the arena out check out how much a kinks nosebleed is vs nj nets last year or bobcats, even Philly.

Knicks games been sold out before that...

Come to a footlocker, finish line, fottaction, champs etc. see how much merchandise they still have on clearance, and that has been on clearance the moment his lil 8 game stretch was over. Mad linsanity !! Ty can't get rid off. The hype was short he proved e was a fluke last season. He was a product of dantonis system, so unless he goes where dantoni goes then he will continue to be a$s.

This is my we don give a !! about a chinaman or none of that !!. And these !!in knicks and jets better step they !!in games up quick all ny respects is a winner... And spike. That's the reason a lot Of athletes don't wanna play here or can't make it here. It's a high pressure society.
i got middle level seats to knicks/bulls the night of the game for $60 the week before lin started playing. after that, nosebleeds for knicks/cavs were more than $160. and i know this because a fresh off the boat asian chick i worked with was going to that game and didn't know jack !! about basketball, she just wanted to see jeremy lin.

stop it .
 07-16-2012, 10:14 AMaway - #92
JDub916 2 heat pts

d 
space
$451 | 2094957
Originally Posted by dude hustles
You might not care but sounds like some dudes are going to be salty. I love how he says some guys knowing he'd be one of those guys. Same deal with Melo. You dont like the contract, leave it be, the media will tear him apart for you. Fans will be on him constantly. Everyone is looking to get paid cause your career is so short yet Knicks players want to comment on Lin's contract. I never heard any player tearing apart Jerome James. Fans, media yes. Other players, never.
 07-16-2012, 10:15 AMaway - #93
MemphBleek05 9 heat pts

d 
space
$5,533 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by X_WunderKind_X
no he doesn't. He should understand the difference in their contract situations, relative to the team. If he doesn't know, he should ask somebody who does. and you never say anything publicly about another man's money, especially the intent to let them know you will make a fuss of a situation that doesn't affect you when you made
your deal
You're talking "morals" and his method of doing things, I'm talking strictly about his point. Again, his point is completely valid. From what I've noticed, (around several NBA forums), people are using his reputation against him, instead of focusing on what was said. He was in an interview, was asked about the contract and spoke his mind. He acknowledged that it was indeed a touchy subject, which is part of the point you've made. He also spoke of potential animosity towards Lin, because of him getting such a big contract for less than a month of work (insinuating, at this point, but all signs point to this).

Once again, nothing he said was wrong. You're talking about market value, he's talking about contract relative to consistent play on the court;over a period of time. He has a point......
 07-16-2012, 10:40 AMaway - #94
Deniro732 4 heat pts

d 
space
$10,211 | POWERFUL
i can't believe how much this dude is getting paid and the fact that it's all based on not even a full nba season performance ..i wouldn't pay that mutha!!a !! tbh..he's going to be a bust and the knicks or rockets will lose terribly
 07-16-2012, 10:49 AMaway - #95

d 
space
$22,065 | POWERFUL
You're talking "morals" and his method of doing things, I'm talking strictly about his point. Again, his point is completely valid. From what I've noticed, (around several NBA forums), people are using his reputation against him, instead of focusing on what was said. He was in an interview, was asked about the contract and spoke his mind. He acknowledged that it was indeed a touchy subject, which is part of the point you've made. He also spoke of potential animosity towards Lin, because of him getting such a big contract for less than a month of work (insinuating, at this point, but all signs point to this).

Once again, nothing he said was wrong. You're talking about market value, he's talking about contract relative to consistent play on the court;over a period of time. He has a point......
I never said he was worth 15 mil in one year. But he would have never been offered that if the knicks offered him the MLE during the season for 24 or 18 mil. They told him to test free agency, and Houston called our bluff with a "gilbert Arenas provision" style contract. He should blame the FO for even letting him test FA. What did they think was going to happen?

Its not fair to Lin to be blamed for the Knicks not being proactive in signing him. He has been out since Feb. 4th, and they could have signed him to our MLE this whole time. JR needs to realize the knicks are not doing their job to the best of their ability and its causing that 15 Mil, not Lin.

And we would have dropped him for Nash in a second in that S&T if he still wanted to come here. Landry got used as a 20 Million dollar pawn and shump was about to get dealt when Landry got scooped . The Knicks don't give a !! about any of their players for a second, but they expect us fans to be cool with it

Last edited by X_WunderKind_X; 07-16-2012 at 10:52 AM..
 07-16-2012, 10:55 AMaway - #96
MemphBleek05 9 heat pts

d 
space
$5,533 | POWERFUL
I never said he was worth 15 mil in one year. But he would have never been offered that if the knicks offered him the MLE during the season for 24 or 18 mil. They told him to test free agency, and Houston called our bluff with a "gilbert Arenas provision" style contract. He should blame the FO for even letting him test FA. What did they think was going to happen?

Its not fair to Lin to be blamed for the Knicks not being proactive in signing him. He has been out since Feb. 4th, and they could have signed him to our MLE this whole time. JR needs to realize the knicks are not doing their job to the best of their ability and its causing that 15 Mil, not Lin.

And we would have dropped him for Nash in a second in that S&T if he still wanted to come here. Landry got taken and shump was about to get dealt. The Knicks don't give a !! for a second
Here's the thing, no one is blaming Lin. No one is telling Lin not to get his money. True, his method was a bit sneaky, if reports are true, but the statement isn't criticizing Lin. People are taking a simple statement, and turning it into Melo/JR bullying "lil ole' defenseless Lin". The fact of the matter is, once again, his point is completely valid. Although his production was impressive, the contract he's getting is a bit much. He isn't exactly proven........

Also, for the record, I'm not bashing Lin. I liked him with Golden State, was disappointed the Lakers didn't pick him up.....
 07-16-2012, 11:03 AMaway - #97
JDub916 2 heat pts

d 
space
$451 | 2094957
Here's the thing, no one is blaming Lin. No one is telling Lin not to get his money. True, his method was a bit sneaky, if reports are true, but the statement isn't criticizing Lin. People are taking a simple statement, and turning it into Melo/JR bullying "lil ole' defenseless Lin". The fact of the matter is, once again, his point is completely valid. Although his production was impressive, the contract he's getting is a bit much. He isn't exactly proven........

Also, for the record, I'm not bashing Lin. I liked him with Golden State, was disappointed the Lakers didn't pick him up.....
Contracts are based on potential. You know what you have with JR but Lin could still improve. Add in the fact he plays point guard and had some huge games equals perfect storm for big deal. Knicks should have offered a deal first and been aggressive with him. They let him go find a deal and seems like Lin got butthurt and didnt want to come back to NY.
 07-16-2012, 11:03 AMaway - #98

d 
space
$22,065 | POWERFUL

it may be true, but JR should not have signed with us if he wanted more money. we cant give him more money. Lin may be making more than him, which isn't fair, but that's the way the contract situations went for both of them. But you dont speak to the media. They don't give a !! about the k nicks and are now using this to put more heat than is necessary on the Knicks. You are right JR. but you don't say it out loud.
 07-16-2012, 11:10 AMaway - #99
MemphBleek05 9 heat pts

d 
space
$5,533 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by JDub916
Contracts are based on potential. You know what you have with JR but Lin could still improve. Add in the fact he plays point guard and had some huge games equals perfect storm for big deal. Knicks should have offered a deal first and been aggressive with him. They let him go find a deal and seems like Lin got butthurt and didnt want to come back to NY.
Contracts aren't necessarily based on potential. It's other factors that go into that equation. Allow me to ask you this, let's say Lin becomes stagnant. He begins to play the way he played, once players got enough tape on him. If you're a GM, are you seriously okay with paying him $15 million? I'm not concerned about the Knicks botched negotiations, it's a known fact by now...#KnicksLost, it's what they do...this is strictly about that $15 million......

it may be true, but JR should not have signed with us if he wanted more money. we cant give him more money. Lin may be making more than him, which isn't fair, but that's the way the contract situations went for both of them. But you dont speak to the media. They don't give a !! about the k nicks and are now using this to put more heat than is necessary on the Knicks. You are right JR. but you don't say it out loud.
This has nothing to do with JR Smith's contract. Nothing in the article insinuates that he wishes he had more. For all we know, he could be truly speaking about players in the locker room. The way I see it, JR Smith took a paycut to play somewhere he felt he had a chance to win. He could have easily gotten a Landry Fields type of contract, elsewhere. Again, he could have went about answering the question better (even though, he actually answered it well, in my opinion) but he definitely isn't wrong.
 07-16-2012, 11:14 AMaway - #100
Bangladesh 2 heat pts

d 
space
$504 | 1699658
Stop worrying about other peoples money.... even tho they might have a good point. it still dont give you the right to judge someone. at the end of the day your playing for money. Beside jr smith not even all that he ight as well.

this is why knick wont win no championship with this group of players.....they really act like they from new york.

always worried about the next man when they should just get along and play ball. #Hating#

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
MLB Breaking: Yankees Pitcher Michael Pineda Gets Caught for..
59 comments
NBA One Year Ago Today Carmelo Scored 37 Points... (video)
56 comments
NBA James Harden's Last 3 Series
61 comments
 NBA Did The Rocket Trade Kevin Martin For A Younger... Kev...
New reply 9 seconds ago - 81 comments - by TRILL SH1T
 NBA 4x Nba Champion, 3x Finals Mvp, 2x Mvp And A 14x Nba A...
New reply 14 minutes ago - 119 comments - by DominationCM
 NBA Nba-who Is The Most Overrated All Time Great?
New reply 2 minutes ago - 338 comments - by JordanWest86
 NBA Lebron James Gets Throat Chopped :dead: (video)
New reply 15 minutes ago - 81 comments - by italiansteve
  Worst Movie Endings
New reply 12 minutes ago - 129 comments - by tre0624
 NFL Merril Hoge: Jadeveon Clowney Is An 'atrocious' Footba...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 67 comments - by all3rd
 NFL Russell Wilson And Wife Divorce
New reply 12 minutes ago - 98 comments - by SeattleWon
  If They Rebooted "white Men Can't Jump"
New reply 33 minutes ago - 89 comments - by -ThE~DoN~LoN-

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,711 fans of BX | none new today 4,651 following and 3 new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.