Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Isaiah Thomas says Michael Jordan had easier road than Lebron

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
169 viewing
Image inside Word Is Drake Got Pissed On By Tip's Homie At The Movie Theater, Say I..
220 comments
most viewed right now
134 viewing
So what is this line about t.i boy peeing on drake ?
330 comments

top in section
107 viewing
Celebrities react to Meek Mill's Wanna Know
top in hiphop
top in section
55 viewing
 NBA NBA players disrespecting Meek Mill
top in sports

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  
 
 

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Isaiah Thomas says Michael Jordan had easier road than Lebron
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #41
JetsLost 18 heat pts18 space
avatar space
Babe?
space
$6,840 | POWERFUL
Side note... Anyone who says there was no talent back then is a fu*king moron.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #42
maxnn 111 heat pts111 space
avatar space
teambasketball > stars
space
$11,142 | POWERFUL
Obviously the mid 90s were weak. The best Jazz teams weren't the ones that made the finals. Malone and Stockton were out of their primes when they made the finals, they just didn't fall off as much as other teams did, so they became beasts in the west.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #43
UF4Soldier 111 heat pts111 space
avatar space
RRB SOLDIER
space
$15,453 | POWERFUL
44wade said:
zone takes away the lanes, maybe older jordan does well, but young jordan was known for driving the lane.

like Lebron.
no his highlights were driving the lane ...the jordan that won the 6 ships had a midrange jumper jordan weakness was his long range and threes
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #44
UF4Soldier 111 heat pts111 space
avatar space
RRB SOLDIER
space
$15,453 | POWERFUL
maxnn said:
Obviously the mid 90s were weak. The best Jazz teams weren't the ones that made the finals. Malone and Stockton were out of their primes when they made the finals, they just didn't fall off as much as other teams did, so they became beasts in the west.
so how were they beating teams like the lakers ? stacked with young talent and shaq?
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #45
Aquarius  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$1,926 | 4240616
UF4Soldier said:
what argument are you tryna make those teams look about equal to me

2011 2nd team would get k!lled by the 96 tho Glen rice mitch richmond the glove pippenand ewing that defense
3rd team would destroy them as well...1st team is the closest but Hakeem would completely sh*t on howard on both ends
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #46
44wade 227 heat pts227 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$12,970 | POWERFUL
UF4Soldier said:
no his highlights were driving the lane ...the jordan that won the 6 ships had a midrange jumper jordan weakness was his long range and threes

could be true, ill look for a shot chart, but I still think Jordan would have had trouble with a 7 footer playin safety and that practiced it, like Dallas had.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #47
UF4Soldier 111 heat pts111 space
avatar space
RRB SOLDIER
space
$15,453 | POWERFUL
Aquarius said:
3rd team would destroy them as well...1st team is the closest but Hakeem would completely sh*t on howard on both ends
people not realizing back then they had people that could knock down the open jumper like nobodies buisness
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #48
dre03  space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$8,600 | POWERFUL
44wade said:
(Paraphrasing) He said timing is everything and MJ caught the league in transition. And that Lebron has a tougher road than MJ did.




its around 120 min mark, hard to pinpoint it but its around there.
Isiah Thomas is a known Jordan hater... This man hated MJ back in the day for the recognition he received in comparison to him... Hell he was even the person who orchestrated the Jordan freeze out in Jordan's first all star game when the players would not pass Jordan the ball...

Then when Jordan and the Bulls beat the Pistons finally in the playoffs Isiah punk a.ss walked off the court with literally with time still on the clock to the locker room and refused to shake hands

Jordan was also the main reason Isiah did not make the dream team... He along with other players basically black balled his punk a.ss... No NBA actually likes Isiah Thomas...But Thomas disliked Jordan more than any other player so anything he says about Jordan is more than likely out of spite...
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #49
44wade 227 heat pts227 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$12,970 | POWERFUL
people want to talk of style of play.

but what is it about players that are taller, stronger, faster, tell you that they couldnt play by back thens rules?

Anyhow, Isiah is talking about more MJ caught the old guard on its way out, and was in his prime when the youngins were coming up.

I think the league is more talented today, myself, but its just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #50
UF4Soldier 111 heat pts111 space
avatar space
RRB SOLDIER
space
$15,453 | POWERFUL
44wade said:
could be true, ill look for a shot chart, but I still think Jordan would have had trouble with a 7 footer playin safety and that practiced it, like Dallas had.


we leaving out one of jordans biggest strengths he had the ability to figure it out and work on it find a way to become good at it ......jordan without seeming to lose a step transformed his game into something more fitting of his age... it was night u could not tell he was in his mid 30s already and that most nights
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #51
UF4Soldier 111 heat pts111 space
avatar space
RRB SOLDIER
space
$15,453 | POWERFUL
dre03 said:
Isiah Thomas is a known Jordan hater... This man hated MJ back in the day for the recognition he received in comparison to him... Hell he was even the person who orchestrated the Jordan freeze out in Jordan's first all star game when the players would not pass Jordan the ball...

Then when Jordan and the Bulls beat the Pistons finally in the playoffs Isiah punk a.ss walked off the court with literally with time still on the clock to the locker room and refused to shake hands

Jordan was also the main reason Isiah did not make the dream team... He along with other players basically black balled his punk a.ss... No NBA actually likes Isiah Thomas...But Thomas disliked Jordan more than any other player so anything he says about Jordan is more than likely out of spite...
he saids similar sh*t last year about how tall he was compared to magic and bird and jordan that he would have more rings if he was taller and they were his height salty a.ss old man

zeke was to good of a player to be like that u did your thing ....u just whipped jordan a.ss two years before dont blame the latest as whipping on age ...
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #52
UF4Soldier 111 heat pts111 space
avatar space
RRB SOLDIER
space
$15,453 | POWERFUL
44wade said:
people want to talk of style of play.

but what is it about players that are taller, stronger, faster, tell you that they couldnt play by back thens rules?

Anyhow, Isiah is talking about more MJ caught the old guard on its way out, and was in his prime when the youngins were coming up.

I think the league is more talented today, myself, but its just my opinion.
league might have more superstars but, the players aint got the heart or the basketball iq nor the physical toughness ,and they dam sure cant shoot the ball better ......

the league advantage now is quickness the handles are better and its different medicines and technology to keep players going longer
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #53
44wade 227 heat pts227 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$12,970 | POWERFUL
UF4Soldier said:


we leaving out one of jordans biggest strengths he had the ability to figure it out and work on it find a way to become good at it ......jordan without seeming to lose a step transformed his game into something more fitting of his age... it was night u could not tell he was in his mid 30s already and that most nights
i dont think we can questions Lebrons basketball IQ.

Not sayin its above MJ, but again, thats a DPOY allowed to play free safety, with a 6"7" guy playin that first wave(Marion).

And Lebron was 26, or 27, Jordan was a slasher at that age, from my recollection.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #54
ghettofied 133 heat pts133 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$11,960 | POWERFUL
Oh yeah, because a soft a.ss 7 footer shooting jumpers is gonna beast people in the 90s. NOPE!
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #55
UF4Soldier 111 heat pts111 space
avatar space
RRB SOLDIER
space
$15,453 | POWERFUL
44wade said:
i dont think we can questions Lebrons basketball IQ.

Not sayin its above MJ, but again, thats a DPOY allowed to play free safety, with a 6"7" guy playin that first wave(Marion).

And Lebron was 26, or 27, Jordan was a slasher at that age, from my recollection.
no but we can question his heart and the fact that him makin the big play at the end of the game or sh*t even in 4th quarter is still a big ?????
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #56
44wade 227 heat pts227 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$12,970 | POWERFUL
UF4Soldier said:
no but we can question his heart and the fact that him makin the big play at the end of the game or sh*t even in 4th quarter is still a big ?????

i dont know, two years ago, id be telling you lebrons heart is pus*y.

But I seen him beat Chicago, and the Celtics, with fu*kin daggers, those were bigger series than that Dallas ones, especially that Celtic one, if that makes sense.

I for real think Dallas was a disappointment to face, and the team took sh*t for granted.

They thought they were getting the Lakers. (My theory, or excuse, however you wanna see it)

But more to the point, that Celtic series, with them demons, he wasnt pumpin kool aid.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '08 - away - #57
Arson 82 heat pts82 space
avatar space
sh*t Skressful Bruh
space
$32,051 | POWERFUL
I wish there was a time machine so you could send current players back to different eras to get a definitive answer to questions like this.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #58
UF4Soldier 111 heat pts111 space
avatar space
RRB SOLDIER
space
$15,453 | POWERFUL
44wade said:
i dont know, two years ago, id be telling you lebrons heart is pus*y.

But I seen him beat Chicago, and the Celtics, with fu*kin daggers, those were bigger series than that Dallas ones, especially that Celtic one, if that makes sense.

I for real think Dallas was a disappointment to face, and the team took sh*t for granted.

They thought they were getting the Lakers. (My theory, or excuse, however you wanna see it)

But more to the point, that Celtic series, with them demons, he wasnt pumpin kool aid.
i do feel like they took the mavs for granted and when they looked up it was series and they had no clue how to find that k!ller instinct .....they looked on paper and said oh they just got dirk .....and end up getting a team much like the pacers series they said oh danny granger wow we got this ....this year they found a way to turn around tho well so far
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '12 - away - #59
44wade 227 heat pts227 space
avatar space
Senior Member
space
$12,970 | POWERFUL
UF4Soldier said:
i do feel like they took the mavs for granted and when they looked up it was series and they had no clue how to find that k!ller instinct .....they looked on paper and said oh they just got dirk .....and end up getting a team much like the pacers series they said oh danny granger wow we got this ....this year they found a way to turn around tho well so far
yes, and remember they thought it was 2-0.

Up 15 in 4th, they thought it was a wrap.

Dallas switched up to zone, and Miami couldnt hit a J.

As it pertains to this subject, I think MJ and the Bulls would have had a similar hard time adjusting, especially considering, only one team in the league employed the zone, and its a team from the opposite conference, who you face in the Finals.
Reply With Quote
Unread 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #60
UF4Soldier 111 heat pts111 space
avatar space
RRB SOLDIER
space
$15,453 | POWERFUL
all i know betting against the bulls not safe bet and they were not easy to score on either ! bulls were like the heat with more chemistry and better role players and bigger sorry big men then heat had ...ron harper wouldve gave more then bibby and played d....rodman vs chandler toni vs dirk wouldve been awesome with jordan and pippen being the x factors if they have big games its over
Reply With Quote
 

Home > all sections > BX SportsCenter
  
    
          join bx


 




that hot ish yesterday


most viewed right now
12 viewing
Video inside 50 Cent Talks Meek Mill Vs Drake Beef, Ghost Writers, Cold Corner 3, Ni..
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Celebrity Reactions to Back to Back
253 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Audio inside Drake - Back To Back Freestyle (Shots at Meek Mill)
1897 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Image inside AR-AB Signed W/ Drake's OVO?
162 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Video inside Top 10 Controversial Documentary Movies
59 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Article inside Even Whataburger and The Weather Channel is sh-tting on Meek
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
5 viewing
NBA Well Damn Gilbert Arenas breaks down Lebron's game on Instagram
124 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Windows 10 download
209 comments
@tech
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Image inside NBA 2K16 Advanced Gamepad Controls
58 comments
@games

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time