This is BX @ Boxden.com

Isaiah Thomas says Michael Jordan had easier road than Lebron

Isaiah Thomas says Michael Jordan had easier road than Lebron
 05-23-2012, 04:38 PMaway - #41
JetsLost 18 heat pts18

d 
space
$6,599 | POWERFUL
Side note... Anyone who says there was no talent back then is a !!ing moron.
 05-23-2012, 04:39 PMonline - #42
maxnn 90 heat pts90

d 
space
$8,204 | POWERFUL
Obviously the mid 90s were weak. The best Jazz teams weren't the ones that made the finals. Malone and Stockton were out of their primes when they made the finals, they just didn't fall off as much as other teams did, so they became beasts in the west.
 05-23-2012, 04:40 PMonline - #43
UF4Soldier 87 heat pts87

d 
space
$12,524 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by 44wade
zone takes away the lanes, maybe older jordan does well, but young jordan was known for driving the lane.

like Lebron.
no his highlights were driving the lane ...the jordan that won the 6 ships had a midrange jumper jordan weakness was his long range and threes
 05-23-2012, 04:41 PMonline - #44
UF4Soldier 87 heat pts87

d 
space
$12,524 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by maxnn
Obviously the mid 90s were weak. The best Jazz teams weren't the ones that made the finals. Malone and Stockton were out of their primes when they made the finals, they just didn't fall off as much as other teams did, so they became beasts in the west.
so how were they beating teams like the lakers ? stacked with young talent and shaq?
 05-23-2012, 04:42 PMaway - #45
Aquarius 

d 
space
$1,926 | 4240616
Originally Posted by UF4Soldier
what argument are you tryna make those teams look about equal to me

2011 2nd team would get k!lled by the 96 tho Glen rice mitch richmond the glove pippenand ewing that defense
3rd team would destroy them as well...1st team is the closest but Hakeem would completely !! on howard on both ends
 05-23-2012, 04:43 PMaway - #46
44wade 172 heat pts172

d 
space
$8,956 | POWERFUL
no his highlights were driving the lane ...the jordan that won the 6 ships had a midrange jumper jordan weakness was his long range and threes

could be true, ill look for a shot chart, but I still think Jordan would have had trouble with a 7 footer playin safety and that practiced it, like Dallas had.
 05-23-2012, 04:43 PMonline - #47
UF4Soldier 87 heat pts87

d 
space
$12,524 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Aquarius
3rd team would destroy them as well...1st team is the closest but Hakeem would completely !! on howard on both ends
people not realizing back then they had people that could knock down the open jumper like nobodies buisness
 05-23-2012, 04:47 PMaway - #48
dre03 

d 
space
$7,174 | POWERFUL
(Paraphrasing) He said timing is everything and MJ caught the league in transition. And that Lebron has a tougher road than MJ did.

its around 120 min mark, hard to pinpoint it but its around there.
Isiah Thomas is a known Jordan hater... This man hated MJ back in the day for the recognition he received in comparison to him... Hell he was even the person who orchestrated the Jordan freeze out in Jordan's first all star game when the players would not pass Jordan the ball...

Then when Jordan and the Bulls beat the Pistons finally in the playoffs Isiah punk a$s walked off the court with literally with time still on the clock to the locker room and refused to shake hands

Jordan was also the main reason Isiah did not make the dream team... He along with other players basically black balled his punk a$s... No NBA actually likes Isiah Thomas...But Thomas disliked Jordan more than any other player so anything he says about Jordan is more than likely out of spite...
 05-23-2012, 04:47 PMaway - #49
44wade 172 heat pts172

d 
space
$8,956 | POWERFUL
people want to talk of style of play.

but what is it about players that are taller, stronger, faster, tell you that they couldnt play by back thens rules?

Anyhow, Isiah is talking about more MJ caught the old guard on its way out, and was in his prime when the youngins were coming up.

I think the league is more talented today, myself, but its just my opinion.
 05-23-2012, 04:49 PMonline - #50
UF4Soldier 87 heat pts87

d 
space
$12,524 | POWERFUL
could be true, ill look for a shot chart, but I still think Jordan would have had trouble with a 7 footer playin safety and that practiced it, like Dallas had.

we leaving out one of jordans biggest strengths he had the ability to figure it out and work on it find a way to become good at it ......jordan without seeming to lose a step transformed his game into something more fitting of his age... it was night u could not tell he was in his mid 30s already and that most nights
 05-23-2012, 04:51 PMonline - #51
UF4Soldier 87 heat pts87

d 
space
$12,524 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by dre03
Isiah Thomas is a known Jordan hater... This man hated MJ back in the day for the recognition he received in comparison to him... Hell he was even the person who orchestrated the Jordan freeze out in Jordan's first all star game when the players would not pass Jordan the ball...

Then when Jordan and the Bulls beat the Pistons finally in the playoffs Isiah punk a$s walked off the court with literally with time still on the clock to the locker room and refused to shake hands

Jordan was also the main reason Isiah did not make the dream team... He along with other players basically black balled his punk a$s... No NBA actually likes Isiah Thomas...But Thomas disliked Jordan more than any other player so anything he says about Jordan is more than likely out of spite...
he saids similar !! last year about how tall he was compared to magic and bird and jordan that he would have more rings if he was taller and they were his height salty a$s old man

zeke was to good of a player to be like that u did your thing ....u just whipped jordan a$s two years before dont blame the latest as whipping on age ...
 05-23-2012, 04:53 PMonline - #52
UF4Soldier 87 heat pts87

d 
space
$12,524 | POWERFUL
people want to talk of style of play.

but what is it about players that are taller, stronger, faster, tell you that they couldnt play by back thens rules?

Anyhow, Isiah is talking about more MJ caught the old guard on its way out, and was in his prime when the youngins were coming up.

I think the league is more talented today, myself, but its just my opinion.
league might have more superstars but, the players aint got the heart or the basketball iq nor the physical toughness ,and they dam sure cant shoot the ball better ......

the league advantage now is quickness the handles are better and its different medicines and technology to keep players going longer
 05-23-2012, 04:55 PMaway - #53
44wade 172 heat pts172

d 
space
$8,956 | POWERFUL

we leaving out one of jordans biggest strengths he had the ability to figure it out and work on it find a way to become good at it ......jordan without seeming to lose a step transformed his game into something more fitting of his age... it was night u could not tell he was in his mid 30s already and that most nights
i dont think we can questions Lebrons basketball IQ.

Not sayin its above MJ, but again, thats a DPOY allowed to play free safety, with a 6"7" guy playin that first wave(Marion).

And Lebron was 26, or 27, Jordan was a slasher at that age, from my recollection.
 05-23-2012, 04:56 PMaway - #54
ghettofied 56 heat pts56

d 
space
$7,342 | POWERFUL
Oh yeah, because a soft a$s 7 footer shooting jumpers is gonna beast people in the 90s. NOPE!
 05-23-2012, 05:00 PMonline - #55
UF4Soldier 87 heat pts87

d 
space
$12,524 | POWERFUL
i dont think we can questions Lebrons basketball IQ.

Not sayin its above MJ, but again, thats a DPOY allowed to play free safety, with a 6"7" guy playin that first wave(Marion).

And Lebron was 26, or 27, Jordan was a slasher at that age, from my recollection.
no but we can question his heart and the fact that him makin the big play at the end of the game or !! even in 4th quarter is still a big ?????
 05-23-2012, 05:03 PMaway - #56
44wade 172 heat pts172

d 
space
$8,956 | POWERFUL
no but we can question his heart and the fact that him makin the big play at the end of the game or !! even in 4th quarter is still a big ?????

i dont know, two years ago, id be telling you lebrons heart is !!.

But I seen him beat Chicago, and the Celtics, with !!in daggers, those were bigger series than that Dallas ones, especially that Celtic one, if that makes sense.

I for real think Dallas was a disappointment to face, and the team took !! for granted.

They thought they were getting the Lakers. (My theory, or excuse, however you wanna see it)

But more to the point, that Celtic series, with them demons, he wasnt pumpin kool aid.
 05-23-2012, 05:03 PMaway - #57
Arson 79 heat pts79

d 
space
$26,470 | POWERFUL
I wish there was a time machine so you could send current players back to different eras to get a definitive answer to questions like this.
 05-23-2012, 05:08 PMonline - #58
UF4Soldier 87 heat pts87

d 
space
$12,524 | POWERFUL
i dont know, two years ago, id be telling you lebrons heart is !!.

But I seen him beat Chicago, and the Celtics, with !!in daggers, those were bigger series than that Dallas ones, especially that Celtic one, if that makes sense.

I for real think Dallas was a disappointment to face, and the team took !! for granted.

They thought they were getting the Lakers. (My theory, or excuse, however you wanna see it)

But more to the point, that Celtic series, with them demons, he wasnt pumpin kool aid.
i do feel like they took the mavs for granted and when they looked up it was series and they had no clue how to find that k!ller instinct .....they looked on paper and said oh they just got dirk .....and end up getting a team much like the pacers series they said oh danny granger wow we got this ....this year they found a way to turn around tho well so far
 05-23-2012, 05:15 PMaway - #59
44wade 172 heat pts172

d 
space
$8,956 | POWERFUL
i do feel like they took the mavs for granted and when they looked up it was series and they had no clue how to find that k!ller instinct .....they looked on paper and said oh they just got dirk .....and end up getting a team much like the pacers series they said oh danny granger wow we got this ....this year they found a way to turn around tho well so far
yes, and remember they thought it was 2-0.

Up 15 in 4th, they thought it was a wrap.

Dallas switched up to zone, and Miami couldnt hit a J.

As it pertains to this subject, I think MJ and the Bulls would have had a similar hard time adjusting, especially considering, only one team in the league employed the zone, and its a team from the opposite conference, who you face in the Finals.
 05-23-2012, 05:19 PMonline - #60
UF4Soldier 87 heat pts87

d 
space
$12,524 | POWERFUL
all i know betting against the bulls not safe bet and they were not easy to score on either ! bulls were like the heat with more chemistry and better role players and bigger sorry big men then heat had ...ron harper wouldve gave more then bibby and played d....rodman vs chandler toni vs dirk wouldve been awesome with jordan and pippen being the x factors if they have big games its over

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA WC 1ST ROUND-Portland Trailblazer (5) @ Houston Rockets ..
698 comments
NBA Pero Had The Pacers Shook (Bout That Life) (pic)
65 comments
NBA Jordan Finally Takes Picture With Chamillionaire (pic)
78 comments
 Image(s) inside These 11's Tho>>>>>
New reply 5 minutes ago - 128 comments - by Edakid
 Image(s) inside Mother Ordered To Cover Her Cle@vage On Family Trip To...
New reply 17 minutes ago - 68 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside [chi Wire] Chief Keef Claiming His Old Hood Again? #400
New reply 9 minutes ago - 138 comments - by sdot216
 NBA Blake Griffin Purposely Dumps Water On Warriors Fan (v...
New reply 29 minutes ago - 90 comments - by theinitiAL
 NBA Eastern Conference 1st Round: #3 Toronto Raptors (48-3...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 1503 comments - by maxnn
 NBA Official Washington Wizards(5) Vs Chicago Bulls(4) Fir...
New reply 38 minutes ago - 685 comments - by st21
  Young Thug Finally Admits To Being Gay:"broke Up ...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 125 comments - by YSPromoshunz
 NBA Paul Pierce Quote After Game 1
New reply 41 minutes ago - 86 comments - by Cambury

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,705 fans of BX and 3 new today 4,651 following and 2 new today

hot topic blog       hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.