This is BX @ Boxden.com

He got game 2 is a must.

He got game 2 is a must.
26 topic by Andrefrbk - 02-22-2014, 03:38 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

> He got game 2 is a must. - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!> He got game 2 is a must. - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!
Spike Lee and Ray Allen want to make He Got Game 2.
Now that the long-gestating Inside Man 2 has been shelved, Spike Lee has moved on to trying to get yet another sequel off the ground. In a recent interview with The Stashed flagged yesterday by Indiewire, Lee said he’s committed to making a sequel to He Got Game:
“It’s not really a rumor anymore... We’ve just got to get it. Ray [Allen] wants to do it, I want to do it, Lala… I mean Rosario [Dawson] want’s to do it. We’ve just got to get Denzel [Washington] on board and I’ll write the script.”
Some might think that it’s a sad sign for the movie industry that one of the most important directors of the ’80s and ’90s has been reduced to pitching sequels and remakes. (And especially when a sequel to He Got Game is as necessary as a sequel to Raging Bull.) But we figure we should make the best of it. After carefully mulling over some ideas at the Slate offices, we’ve come up with the following, more promising pitches for Spike Lee sequels:
Article on the possibility of a sequel here.
He Got Game 2 and Inside Man 2 are terrible ideas for Spike Lee sequels. Here are better ones.

Im just curious how spike would pull it off, what sort of story could he make. Would he continue jesus story, or make a whole new one?

Personally i think a continuation of part one showing jesus as a NBA player considering retirement could be fresh. Show all the crazy shiit he did once he made the A, and how he progressed to become wiser and more humble. Show all the bad sides of the NBA, the money, drugs, turkey basters, and bad endorsement contracts losing a couple close friends over bs.

Bring back pops denzel, show them trying to rebuild their relationship.

Bringing back lola is pointless, she was gone end of the movie. If anything show him as a cheating family man who's wife is leaving him cause money dipping low. Happens in the NBA all the time. It would make no sense him and lola still got back together after everything she did to him.

Could be a good story mane what yall think?

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

38 comments for "He got game 2 is a must."

02-22-2014, 03:49 PMaway - #2
MakeItHappen456 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$4,414 | POWERFUL
Nooooooooooooooooo

I'm glad Kobe turned this low budget movie down.

Last edited by MakeItHappen456; 02-22-2014 at 09:24 PM..
 02-22-2014, 03:51 PMonline - #3
T.O.N.Y. 2421 heat pts2421

d 
space
$48,144 | POWERFUL
i gave spike a movie idea. ni##a never responded. now he out here struggling making pt 2s to movies that dont need it

whats next...crooklyn part 2 ?
 02-22-2014, 03:53 PMaway - #4
kawgre12 4 heat pts

d 
space
$6,288 | 14109888
Nobody wants to see a sequel to this ####
 02-22-2014, 03:56 PMaway - #5
Andrefrbk 793 heat pts793

d 
space
$19,258 | POWERFUL
Think about man, jesus leaves school early to play in the NBA, ends up with a fruitless but decent career, lose money because he became mr flashy. Show him struggling with retirement, his wife taking everything. like "damn why didnt i finish college..."

Just throwing random bullshiit out there.

Who am i kidding, this shiit would be terrible.
 02-22-2014, 04:00 PMaway - #6
#JewLife 74 heat pts74

d 
space
$11,947 | POWERFUL
they should do a similar movie about a superstar NBA player who has a kid at the age of 16 and the kid ends up being a phenom who makes it to the nba at the age of 19 and the father is still balling at the age of 35. should be about him passing the torch to his kid.

*copyright theinitiAL 2/22/2014*
 02-22-2014, 04:01 PMaway - #7
TresCeroCinco 1 heat pts

d 
space
$2,015 | 6497569
Originally Posted by T.O.N.Y.
i gave spike a movie idea. ni##a never responded.
 02-22-2014, 04:08 PMaway - #8
Andrefrbk 793 heat pts793

d 
space
$19,258 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by theinitiAL
they should do a similar movie about a superstar NBA player who has a kid at the age of 16 and the kid ends up being a phenom who makes it to the nba at the age of 19 and the father is still balling at the age of 35. should be about him passing the torch to his kid.

*copyright theinitiAL 2/22/2014*
I was thinking about something similar too... Showing him making the same sort of mistakes his father made(being abusive to his woman), and being put in place by his pops while trying to make something of his nba career as a father of his own kid. Make jesus go against everything he was about and learned in coney island, and just going back to the basics towards the end.

But yo bringing back lola would be terrible. The thought of jesus being that much of a simp to take lola back would p#ss a ni##a off mane. If anything give her a cameo showing her still living in the hood fuked up, like "damn if only i had jesus baby..."
 02-22-2014, 04:16 PMaway - #9
Dangerously 205 heat pts205

d 
space
$44,963 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Andrefrbk
I was thinking about something similar too... Showing him making the same sort of mistakes his father made(being abusive to his woman), and being put in place by his pops while trying to make something of his nba career as a father of his own kid. Make jesus go against everything he was about and learned in coney island, and just going back to the basics towards the end.

But yo bringing back lola would be terrible. The thought of jesus being that much of a simp to take lola back would p#ss a ni##a off mane. If anything give her a cameo showing her still living in the hood fuked up, like "damn if only i had jesus baby..."

No sequels. Just new ideas.

Why not shoot a film about these kids in Chicago who ball and have to deal with this gang ####. I'd much rather see a story about a kid trying to make it out of the hood in a different way with a different set of circumstances. Might even want to do a Ben Wilson film.

Last edited by Dangerously; 02-22-2014 at 04:18 PM..
 02-22-2014, 04:27 PMaway - #10
GucciBoy347 36 heat pts36

d 
space
$8,068 | POWERFUL
I wish kobe wouldve took the role
 02-22-2014, 04:28 PMaway - #11
skillahmang 2 heat pts

d 
space
$17,358 | POWERFUL
who is the ray allen of this generation?

carmelo/harden/steph curry/lillard?
 02-22-2014, 04:28 PMonline - #12
T.O.N.Y. 2421 heat pts2421

d 
space
$48,144 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TresCeroCinco

it was a dope movie idea. #### him tho. lookin like a angry black woman at the knick games
 02-22-2014, 04:36 PMaway - #13
DanBootleg 112 heat pts112

d 
space
$7,880 | POWERFUL
Jesus should be at the end of his career trying to reconcile with a kid he refused to father (remember Lala said she was pregnant). The kid should be a big time prospect.
 02-22-2014, 06:00 PMaway - #14
Rashad69 6 heat pts

d 
space
$5,541 | 14355628
Originally Posted by GucciBoy347
I wish kobe wouldve took the role
we know.
 02-22-2014, 06:03 PMaway - #15
Motion 607 heat pts607

d 
space
$18,248 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Andrefrbk

Spike Lee and Ray Allen want to make He Got Game 2.

Article on the possibility of a sequel here.

Im just curious how spike would pull it off, what sort of story could he make. Would he continue jesus story, or make a whole new one?

Personally i think a continuation of part one showing jesus as a NBA player considering retirement could be fresh. Show all the crazy shiit he did once he made the A, and how he progressed to become wiser and more humble. Show all the bad sides of the NBA, the money, drugs, turkey basters, and bad endorsement contracts losing a couple close friends over bs.

Bring back pops denzel, show them trying to rebuild their relationship.

Bringing back lola is pointless, she was gone end of the movie. If anything show him as a cheating family man who's wife is leaving him cause money dipping low. Happens in the NBA all the time. It would make no sense him and lola still got back together after everything she did to him.

Could be a good story mane what yall think?
what are you doing even posting in the SportsCenter?

you banned yourself from here when the Heat won the Finals

go away

run back to the GameSpot
 02-22-2014, 06:08 PMaway - #16
Dee Grande 893 heat pts893

d 
space
$18,461 | POWERFUL
Miami Heat guard Ray Allen revealed last week that he has been in discussions with Lee for several months about doing a possible sequel to the 1998 movie “He Got Game.” The project remains in its infancy and doesn’t even have a script, but when asked recently about a possible reboot, Beal said Lee should give him a call.

“I haven’t really acted before, but I would love to do it, for sure,” Beal said with a grin.

In the original movie, Allen played a highly recruited basketball star named Jesus Shuttlesworth whose estranged father, played by Denzel Washington, was released from prison for one week to persuade his son to attend the governor’s alma mater. Beal was just 4 years old when the movie came out, but he has seen it several times.

“It’s my favorite movie,” Beal said.

The 38-year-old Allen helped put the movie back in the spotlight last Friday when he sported a jersey that read, “J Shuttlesworth,” for a Heat game against the Brooklyn Nets. He would be on board with any project. Actress Rosario Dawson, who played his girlfriend, Lala Bonilla, in the movie, has also stated that she would be also love to do it.

“Sequels to most movies are always fluff and not as good as the first,” Allen said last week. “If we get a really good story line and are able to bring everybody back, then it would be something worth doing.”

Beal was compared to Allen coming out of Florida and bares a close enough physical appearance to possibly play his son, if such a character is created. And at 20, Beal also looks young enough to still be in high school.

“I could. Yeah,” Beal said, when asked if he could envision himself in a sequel.

02-22-2014, 07:12 PMaway - #17
Qbert 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$2,761 | 15598319
Originally Posted by DanBootleg
Jesus should be at the end of his career trying to reconcile with a kid he refused to father (remember Lala said she was pregnant). The kid should be a big time prospect.
She got the abortion, remember he said a kid would scare the big schools away.
 02-22-2014, 07:14 PMaway - #18
ThePainkiller 299 heat pts299

d 
space
$53,126 | POWERFUL
Go away ####

Sorry
 02-22-2014, 07:55 PMaway - #19
OVAPROOF 

d 
space
$2,699 | 0
Starring Leonardo Dicaprio

DA GAAAAAAWWWD!!!
 02-22-2014, 08:17 PMaway - #20
d2921 1103 heat pts1103

d 
space
$11,866 | POWERFUL

Op is a pedo

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Oct 22 - Autopsy reveals Michael Brown reached for of..
86 comments
Article inside  Titanfall teases 'biggest update' details for tomorr..
68 comments
Image inside  NBA LIVE 15 EA Access Full Game Trial Lands October 2..
56 comments
 Image(s) inside Freeway Robbed For Rocafella Chain?[rumor]
New reply 5 minutes ago - 67 comments - by Carlton Black
 Video inside Gay Rumor Control: Tyrese Responds To Spanky’s Gay Acc...
New reply 47 minutes ago - 124 comments - by ajeana
 Video inside Honey Cocaine - Curveball...exposing Thirsty Men And O...
New reply 10 minutes ago - 313 comments - by blafy
 NFL Peyton Manning Sex Scandal: Largely Forgotten, Even Wi...
New reply 2 hours ago - 99 comments - by illmatic826
  Tyga Praises Lil Wayne, Kanye, Jay-z & Em, Says Dr...
New reply 22 minutes ago - 133 comments - by mdemaz
 MLB The 2014 World Series: Kansas City Royals Vs. San Fran...
New reply 2 hours ago - 611 comments - by !!!
 Image(s) inside 50 Cent Speaks On Eminem And Jay-z (:truth:)
New reply 35 minutes ago - 192 comments - by BasedonMars
 NFL Some Seahawks Players Allegedly Don’t Think Russell Wi...
New reply 2 hours ago - 158 comments - by st21

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,829 fans of BX | none new today 4,795 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.