This is BX @ Boxden.com

D wade cool with playing in lebrons shadow

D wade cool with playing in lebrons shadow
21 topic by ghostridah - 02-11-2013, 09:28 AM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

Dwyane Wade is fine with all of this.

Really, he is.

Wade played in the spotlight for seven seasons, but things have changed. The attention has diminished now that he's paired with a teammate who is playing like a superhero.

And apparently LeBron James' super power is making his future Hall of Fame teammates look like mortals. Although Wade completed his best five-game stretch of the season, it was just a footnote to all the gushing of James' recent play.

"I'm not looking for headlines, but I've been playing all right," Wade said. "He (James) can have all the headlines. It's cool."

James is playing so well that Wade's week went all but ignored. He averaged 24.8 points, six rebounds, 5.8 a$sists and three steals during the Heat's five-game winning streak. While the media was constantly updating James' field goals numbers on Twitter, Wade was quietly shooting 51 percent.

"He's been making so much history, so I'm glad I can be in a little bit with him," Wade said.

It was expected for Wade to fall to the back-page when James signed with the Heat in 2010. No one expected it to go this far. James has won every Eastern Conference Player of the Month award this season while Wade has yet to win the weekly honor. His current numbers are better than the most recent winner, Chicago Bulls guard Nate Robinson, but Wade is guaranteed to finish behind James in this week's voting.

"You can't do anything about attention," center Chris Bosh said. "People are going to put their attention where they want to. You can't really combat that. You can't f!ght it. It's a waste of time. Only so many dudes can get the highlights."

Bosh should know that. He's been labeled as the third All-Star since they became teammates. With Wade, it's a bit different. He won a championship, an NBA Finals MVP trophy and became a top-five player without James.

Yet know he spends most of his interviews talking about how James played.

"We know what Dwyane is capable of," Bosh said. "You play within the rhythm of the game and things work out.

They worked out to perfection in the Heat's 107-97 victory against the Los Angeles Lakers Sunday at AmericanAirlines Arena. Wade finished with 30 points and a team-high five a$sists. It was also the second time in a week he and James topped the 30-point mark in the same game.

"It's a good groove to be in," Wade said. "We're just both being aggressive, attacking. We're not doing it in a selfish way at all … We're doing it within our offense."

Wade's game went almost forgotten because of James becoming the first player in franchise history with five straight 30-point games and continuing his video game-like field goal percentage. It was Wade who scored nine consecutive points to hold off the surging Lakers while James was getting a breather in the fourth quarter. In all, he scored 16 fourth-quarter points and still had enough energy to defend Lakers guard Kobe Bryant.

"He was tireless," Spoelstra said. "I planned on getting him out for a couple minutes in the fourth quarter but he was playing with so much energy on both ends of the court … That's what makes him special, LeBron special, Chris special. That's why we wanted all three of those guys to set the tone for our franchise because they're true two-way players."

Wade has slowly made the transition from primary player to being just one of James' teammates. Last year it was him accepting James as the No. 1 scoring option. Now, he understands he no longer is the headliner.

And he's fine with it.

"We're a team," Wade said. "(James) deserves it. I'm just going to continue to try to get better behind the scenes and understand that no matter what, if I'm playing the way that I can play, we're a very, very tough team. So I'm going to continue to try to do that."

Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

43 comments for "D wade cool with playing in lebrons shadow"

02-11-2013, 09:42 AMaway - #2
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$4,894 | POWERFUL
This is why brokeback Robin lost respect from many...
 02-11-2013, 09:53 AMaway - #3
Moony Jackson 261 heat pts261

d 
space
$16,996 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by GrownmanJ
sub .500 lakers fan with so much to say
 02-11-2013, 09:54 AMonline - #4
joshdogg26 131 heat pts131

d 
space
$24,126 | POWERFUL
but not your hero

Wade’s final seven points came while he was being guarded by Bryant, who was asked if people forget how good Wade can be playing alongside James’ greatness.

“I don’t,” he said. “I’m definitely not in that category. Not me. I know what kind of a problem he is. I tried to focus on him as much as I can.

“They have two very special players, two of the best that I have seen. He seems to be rounding into form.”

it's the reason our team is the defending champion and your team is the biggest flop in basketball history. winners don't bicker over attention and fake machismo.
 02-11-2013, 09:55 AMaway - #5
Tic Toc 3 heat pts

d 
space
$5,034 | 17545849
what do you expect, LeBron is the best player in the league

anyone who cant tell that
 02-11-2013, 09:56 AMaway - #6
Youngin19 35 heat pts35

d 
space
$5,412 | POWERFUL
he don't like it, I know he don't
 02-11-2013, 09:57 AMaway - #7
ReppinDaBurghh 51 heat pts51

d 
space
$42,151 | POWERFUL
Because he isn't an egotistical douche bag who refused to take a back-seat therefore breaking up his dyn@sty like your boy did in the 00's?

That's an L now?

If Kobe had Wade's mindset you guys would have won 5 in a row.
 02-11-2013, 09:59 AMaway - #8
Young Fab 

d 
space
$6,129 | 13639698
And is why I do respect him as opposed to another superstar SG. Wade realizes in order for them to get what they came together for Lebron has to be the man guy. I guarantee if Kobe was in Wade's shoes he'd still be trying to AVERAGE 30 a game even wit Lebron and Chris
 02-11-2013, 10:00 AMonline - #9
capone3pbs 4 heat pts

d 
space
$9,106 | POWERFUL

So why you respect Kobe for being the Robin to Shaq those early years???

02-11-2013, 10:01 AMaway - #10
P-Hill|M 16 heat pts16

d 
space
$26,164 | POWERFUL
*shrugs*

ni##a is riding Bron's coat tails and getting championships out of it without having to k!ll himself like he did in 06... ni##a better be happy with that ####
 02-11-2013, 10:01 AMaway - #11
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$4,894 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Young Fab
And is why I do respect him as opposed to another superstar SG. Wade realizes in order for them to get what they came together for Lebron has to be the man guy. I guarantee if Kobe was in Wade's shoes he'd still be trying to AVERAGE 30 a game even wit Lebron and Chris
And they would be winning...
 02-11-2013, 10:01 AMaway - #12
Young Fab 

d 
space
$6,129 | 13639698
Originally Posted by Youngin19
he don't like it, I know he don't
Lol you can tell he don't, probably not the taking the backseat part but having it thrown in his face after every game "So how does it feel knowing Lebron hi-jacked yo team?" "What did you think of Lebron tonight?"
 02-11-2013, 10:03 AMaway - #13
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$4,894 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by capone3pbs

Until LeBron says Robin is the best player in the league , Kobe will never be robin.
 02-11-2013, 10:03 AMaway - #14
Young Fab 

d 
space
$6,129 | 13639698
And they would be winning...
ni##a shut da hell up Kobe bad shot takin a$s woulda shot da Heat into the 5th seed and outta da 2nd round
 02-11-2013, 10:11 AMaway - #15
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21

d 
space
$4,894 | POWERFUL
ni##a shut da hell up Kobe bad shot takin a$s woulda shot da Heat into the 5th seed and outta da 2nd round
If thats what you say bruh...
 02-11-2013, 10:12 AMaway - #16
Bea5T 91 heat pts91

d 
space
$17,613 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by capone3pbs

Robins average 28 points a game(29 in the playoffs)
 02-11-2013, 10:15 AMaway - #17
Young Fab 

d 
space
$6,129 | 13639698
If thats what you say bruh...
ni##a there's a reason the Heat are the best shooting team in the league. Cause all of the big Big 3 shoot over 50%, a feat Kobe NEVER HAS AND WILL NEVER ACCOMPLISH
 02-11-2013, 10:17 AMaway - #18
nastii_nigga 8 heat pts

d 
space
$653 | 7119847
Originally Posted by Bea5T
Robins average 28 points a game(29 in the playoffs)
Its possible if he is taking 20+ shots again and shooting 45%.....Plus batman then was averaging 35ppg 10+rpg and 53% fg%
 02-11-2013, 10:18 AMaway - #19
Bea5T 91 heat pts91

d 
space
$17,613 | POWERFUL
ni##a there's a reason the Heat are the best shooting team in the league. Cause all of the big Big 3 shoot over 50%, a feat Kobe NEVER HAS AND WILL NEVER ACCOMPLISH
All these new heat fans are so clueless.
 02-11-2013, 10:19 AMonline - #20
ZeusSlaps 409 heat pts409

d 
space
$15,107 | POWERFUL

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  The Official "I thought this actor was gonna blow up...
57 comments
NFL Breaking News: Former Titans Kicker Rob Bironas Dies at 36
68 comments
BOX Mayweather called before state panel
63 comments
 NFL The Official Sh-ttsburgh Steelers Vs Carolina Panthers...
New reply 22 seconds ago - 129 comments - by ghettofied
 NCAAF Nfl Scout Says Jameis Winston Is Now A Late 2nd Rounde...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 51 comments - by italiansteve
 NBA Wade & Union Joint Statement On Nude Pictures
New reply 57 seconds ago - 104 comments - by Dray
  Kanye Lost: Kim K Nud3s Leaked On Twitter
New reply 14 minutes ago - 223 comments - by HeatMafia410
  The Best Era In Hip Hop = 1997-2005 (?)
New reply 1 minute ago - 104 comments - by Littlefinger1
  [chiwire] Oblock Vs Tymb (developing)
New reply 14 minutes ago - 119 comments - by Squadd
 Video inside Fashawn Reacts To Nipsey Hussle's $100 Mixtape, Says &...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 52 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Sep 19 - Watch California Dry Up Right Before Your Eye...
New reply 27 minutes ago - 76 comments - by cheenz

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.