This is BX @ Boxden.com

Chiefs Andy Reidís first order of business: Quarterback

Chiefs Andy Reidís first order of business: Quarterback
topic by d2921 - 01-10-2013, 12:00 AM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter

The Kansas City Chiefs have reached an agreement with recently fired head coach Andy Reid and Chiefs Andy Reidís first order of the business in Kansas City is to find a quarterback. Reid is from the West Coast offense scheme and that means Matt Cassel is officially out. Cassel was out before, but Reidís hiring makes him gone for good, because Cassel doesnít have the mobility to be a West Coast style QB. That also means that Brady Quinn, Ricky Stanzi and Alex Tanney are out of the mix, for the simple fact that Andy Reid will have the 1st pick in the 2013 draft. Chief fans can debate whether they draft a QB 1st or not, but Reid took the job with the Chiefs for two reasons.

The first reason was the Chiefs gave Reid dictator status when it comes to coaching staff and player personnel. Reid will have complete control over who he wants to draft and that goes into the second reason he took the Chiefs was due to them having the 1st pick. Reid will examine the 2013 draft prospects and will determine that Geno Smith will be taken 1st overall. Itís no secret that Andy Reid falls in love with mobile quarterbacks like Donavan McNabb and Michael Vick. Thatís exactly what Geno Smith is.

The NFL seems to be going into the realm of drafting quarterbacks like Russell Wilson, Robert Griffin III and Andrew Luck anyways. All of the NFL scouts are looking for quarterbacks that are quick with their feet like a running back and can be just as accurate as Peyton Manning. Geno Smith fits that description and Reid probably had him in mind before he inked the contract. However just because Andy Reid brings in Geno Smith as his quarterback, doesnít mean the Chiefs will have a quick turnaround in 2013, because there are a lot of holes on this Chiefs team. The defensive line, offensive line, wide receivers, linebackers and pretty much every part of the team needs some serious depth improvements. The Chiefs have a talented roster, but donít expect Reid to turn it around in one draft.

Chiefs Andy Reid’s first order of business: Quarterback

Geno > Chiefs Andy Reidís first order of business: Quarterback - Photo posted in BX SportsCenter | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Latest Sports Hot Topics Ľ   share this topic Ľ   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

80 comments for "Chiefs Andy Reidís first order of business: Quarterback"

01-10-2013, 02:59 AMaway - #2
Got Cheeve? 111 heat pts111

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
This article just said Geno Smith is an athletic mobile QB like McNabb and Vick

OMG I'm done.

Geno is more Ken Anderson and Warren Moon than McNabb or Vick. Dude is tripping hard.
 01-10-2013, 03:52 AMaway - #3
JBAL NY 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$5,445 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by s34ny
they really going to draft geno?

get the o-line right first, no one can succeed with that protection
Our o-line is right already
 01-10-2013, 04:05 AMaway - #4
JBAL NY 37 heat pts37

d 
space
$5,445 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by s34ny
22nd in sacks allowed?

our starting LT was out a few games and when your QB's are terrible at sensing pressure and when it does get there instead of throwing the ball they just fall to the ground you're gonna get a few more sacks.

if we can keep albert our o-line will be solid next year. plus who on the o-line will you pick at #1? joeckel? if we sign albert, we dont need a LT and we got winston on the other side. what other linemen would you pick at #1 then?
 01-10-2013, 05:30 AMaway - #5

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
Joeckel is the only OL worth taking #1, but I wouldn't even do that if I were the Chiefs. Resign Albert like you said. Let the Cards trade up with Jacksonville to get Joeckel.

Then we can cop Dion Jordan at #7 and get extra picks, ya bish.
 01-10-2013, 05:58 AMaway - #6
MosDefinition 7 heat pts

d 
space
$16,479 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Got Cheeve?

OMG I'm done.

Geno is more Ken Anderson and Warren Moon than McNabb or Vick. Dude is tripping hard.
hes black and plays qb of course hes mobile

arent they all
 01-10-2013, 06:00 AMaway - #7
MosDefinition 7 heat pts

d 
space
$16,479 | POWERFUL
Joeckel is the only OL worth taking #1, but I wouldn't even do that if I were the Chiefs. Resign Albert like you said. Let the Cards trade up with Jacksonville to get Joeckel.

Then we can cop Dion Jordan at #7 and get extra picks, ya bish.
im reminded of the dolphins a few years ago when they took jake long over matt ryan because he was so highly rated

that hasnt turned out well for the dolphins chiefs better not #### around and try and reinvent the wheel take geno
 01-10-2013, 09:00 AMaway - #8
Panopticon 11 heat pts11

d 
space
$11,499 | POWERFUL

OMG I'm done.

Damn I haven't seen that name in a long a$s time.
 01-10-2013, 09:01 AMaway - #9
Braz 80 heat pts80

d 
space
$15,346 | POWERFUL
Hows that Tyson Jackson pick workin out for u fellas
 01-10-2013, 09:15 AMaway - #10
dionedre3000 

d 
space
$7,633 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by brazidee
LOL you know what, he actually stepped up this year. Bout ####in time.
 01-10-2013, 10:12 AMonline - #11
Kobane 134 heat pts134

d 
space
$11,002 | POWERFUL
Just read he was considering Vick
 01-10-2013, 10:21 AMaway - #12
YoDoods 9 heat pts

d 
space
$5,965 | POWERFUL
Wait Kansas City needs a quarterback?

obvious news is obvious.
 01-10-2013, 10:24 AMonline - #13
Ghost Terp 17 heat pts17

d 
space
$12,717 | POWERFUL
 01-10-2013, 10:30 AMaway - #14
capone3pbs 4 heat pts

d 
space
$8,836 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by brazidee
Hows that Aaron Maybin pick working out for you fellas? Here let me help answer that for u...

In his second season, Maybin was considered a disappointment. Through six games, he played on only 66 downs, with five tackles and zero sacks. He was deactivated as a healthy-scratch for the team's sixth game at Baltimore.

On August 15, 2011, Maybin was waived by the Buffalo Bills

Our d lineman is still on our team and playing. He has more career tackles wit us than ur linebacker had wit the Bills and he's actually getting better and could really break out if we switch to the 4-3 like I been hearing
ni##a couldn't even last two seasons

And just for more fun... how's that Fitzpatrick extension working out for you fellas?

Last edited by capone3pbs; 01-10-2013 at 10:35 AM..
 01-10-2013, 10:32 AMaway - #15

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by snippet

Damn I haven't seen that name in a long a$s time.
Anderson was that dude Criminally underrated. Geno has a lot of the same characteristics as him. Dare I say it too, I think Anderson might of even been more mobile than Geno. I'd say Geno has more of a alpha male/fire/competitive side to him than both Anderson and Moon though. Dude reminds me of Kobe in press conferences His twitter is all him retweeting doubters and bible verses. Very driven dude. Film rat too. He'll be good, people are tripping on Geno. I don't know if he'll reach Anderson or Moon's level, but he's got all the ability and make up to. Also, he's actually better from under center, Dana Holgo at WVU had him in the gayest "Air Raid" gimmick offense which completely went against his strengths. Dana only knew, "FK IT BAILEY GO DEEP" and "FK IT TAVON RUN A CROSS." Teams figured that out quick and completely shut it down. Geno needs to work on his ball security for real though, dude coughs it up waaaay too easily.
 01-10-2013, 10:33 AMaway - #16
capone3pbs 4 heat pts

d 
space
$8,836 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ghost Terp
don't you have a knee to worry about?
 01-10-2013, 10:38 AMaway - #17
Y.G. 22 heat pts22

d 
space
$24,232 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by capone3pbs
Hows that Aaron Maybin pick working out for you fellas? Here let me help answer that for u...

In his second season, Maybin was considered a disappointment. Through six games, he played on only 66 downs, with five tackles and zero sacks. He was deactivated as a healthy-scratch for the team's sixth game at Baltimore.

On August 15, 2011, Maybin was waived by the Buffalo Bills

Our d lineman is still on our team and playing. He has more career tackles wit us than ur linebacker had wit the Bills and he's actually getting better and could really break out if we switch to the 4-3 like I been hearing
ni##a couldn't even last two seasons

And just for more fun... how's that Fitzpatrick extension working out for you fellas?
We're switching back to the 43?

Dorsey back to his original position?
 01-10-2013, 10:42 AMaway - #18

d 
space
$41,000 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Y.G.
We're switching back to the 43?

Dorsey back to his original position?
Yeah, Dorsey is completely outta place in the 3-4, would work wonders for him.

I feel the same about the Jags. Tyson Alualu, the Jags bust DL player (though he wasn't as high a pick like Dorsey and Jackson, going 10th) is a natural 3-4 DE, yet plays DT in a 4-3 and constantly gets dominated. They even drafted last year a DE Andre Branch (2nd round) outta Clemson who mostly played standing up as an rush backer (OLB), yet had him exclusively at DE in the 4-3 and he struggled too. Jags have a 3-4 personnel on defense and don't even know it. That's why I'm hoping the new coach comes in and hires a DC who understands the 3-4 makes more sense for their personnel. Not to mention the plethora of 3-4 pass rush guys where the Jags are drafting at the top of the draft.
 01-10-2013, 10:46 AMaway - #19
dionedre3000 

d 
space
$7,633 | POWERFUL
What...man if Hunt was boss, he'd go after Lovie for DC.
 01-10-2013, 10:47 AMonline - #20
Special Edd 76 heat pts76

d 
space
$15,467 | POWERFUL
dorsey big a$s still in the nfl huh memba him in college... college football >

who yall getting tho

geno isnt the answer

landry jones or aaron murray do it!

Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter

Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Charles Barkley Says There Are Only 5 Real Jobs In The W..
78 comments
NBA NBA referee comes out as Gay...Another step forward for ..
78 comments
NBA FG% in last 30 seconds when trailing 3 pts or less since..
50 comments
 MLB David Price To Detroit!
New reply 57 seconds ago - 58 comments - by double a
 NBA Sixers "mockery" Of The League Will Receive ...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 95 comments - by Dee Grande
 Image(s) inside Jul 30 - Boston Thug Rapes 17-yr-old At Keith Urban Co...
New reply 1 minute ago - 85 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
 NBA Kobe Putting The Moves On Lin (video)
New reply 5 minutes ago - 65 comments - by BronxBombers
 Video inside Raekwon Says He Cant Stand F##king H0mos
New reply 3 minutes ago - 229 comments - by WizLatifa
 Video inside Onyx Interview (fredo Starr & Sticky Fingaz) At Th...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 272 comments - by JNumbaNC
 Video inside The Game Names 7 Ppl That Should Leave The Industry
New reply 3 minutes ago - 51 comments - by Carlton Black
  Gq Magazine Names Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twist...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 169 comments - by CosbySweater

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,760 fans of BX | none new today 4,741 following | none new today

hot topic blog   Ľ    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.