This is BX @ Boxden.com


Casey: "Jose has earned the starting spot" :imout:


New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

 Casey: "Jose has earned the starting spot" :imout:
 12-28-2012, 02:23 AMaway - #21
Dray 516 heat pts516

  d 
space
$31,588 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Walt Thizzney
Calderon led them to a 5 game winning streak playing out of his mind while kyle is chucking playing hero ball dude sucks
 12-28-2012, 02:47 AMaway - #22
RaptorsWon 187 heat pts187

  d 
space
$19,123 | POWERFUL
As frustrating as Calderon is sometimes, I think he is very respected among the league, from various teams and players... Dude is the starting PG for the 2nd best National team, that means something to everyone besides fans on BX...

Now in terms of play, he just gel's with the guys on our roster, he knows their tendencies and will always keep #### in check in terms of that... I agree that Lowry is a better PG, but he's too wild, he's kept us in a lot of games and got us back into games, but sometimes he shot us right out of games...

Another thing that screwed Calderon, being purely out of his control, is the amount of horse#### talent that has been a$sembled around him... A PG like Calderon needs a slashing wing player and a dominant big man to bring out his best... When have the Raptors had that during his tenure? Never... He's had to work with trash like Joey Graham and Hedo Turkoglu who took the ball out of his hands...

I hate Calderon just like every other Raps fan does, but he's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be...
 12-28-2012, 06:20 AMaway - #23
midaztouch 48 heat pts48

  d 
space
$1,836 | POWERFUL
part of me wonders how many of you actually watch Raptors basketball then just look at the statistics. calderon over the last couple years has been on 11 and 9 guy with minimal turnovers.

he is truthfully the definition of a team player. you people are saying that we brought in people to replace him and what happens everytime calderon out lasts his replacement.

this offseason teams like lakers were looking at jose. why? because he does everything well. he is a little weak defensivly but makes up for it by taking only smart shots. holding onto the ball.

i think jose is capable of 20 a night but the guy only takes like 8
shots a game
 12-28-2012, 09:12 AMaway - #24
Rubix 

  d 
space
$8,063 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by midaztouch
part of me wonders how many of you actually watch Raptors basketball then just look at the statistics. calderon over the last couple years has been on 11 and 9 guy with minimal turnovers.

he is truthfully the definition of a team player. you people are saying that we brought in people to replace him and what happens everytime calderon out lasts his replacement.

this offseason teams like lakers were looking at jose. why? because he does everything well. he is a little weak defensivly but makes up for it by taking only smart shots. holding onto the ball.

i think jose is capable of 20 a night but the guy only takes like 8
shots a game
accuses people of looking only at the boxscore - and then uses the boxscore to make an invalid point.

Casual basketball fans don't understand that although Calderon may get a$sists, the way he runs the offense is frustrating. He turns everybody into jump shooters and over dribbles the basketball while looking to make the 3 foot pass so he can nurse his stupid a$sist to turnover ratio. He doesn't take "smart shots," he takes the ones he knows he can hit so he can nurse his shooting percentage. Look at what he did last game against San Antonio.. He had the ball in transition and what does he do? He drives it in and kicks it out to Amir for a 20 foot jumper - in ####en transition - just because its the "safe play" that won't hurt his stupid stats. But of course that type of #### flies over the head of raptor fans.

You say people want him right? then why has he been on the trading block for so long? Why is it that he was gonna get traded to ####en Charlotte of all places and the deal went dead at the last minute cuz Charlotte backed out? And then the player Charlotte was gonna give us was traded to Dallas for ####en diop!?! Calderon ain't #### and the league knows it. The lakers just took a look cuz they were desperate for a pg when Nash was out.

Calderon ain't a "a little weak" defensively - he's VERY weak defensively. And the only reason he's surviving here so long is because he's white. Yeah I ####en said it. And stop listening to those clowns Matt devlin and Leo rautins so much. Be your own man for chrissakes:
 12-28-2012, 09:44 AMaway - #25
midaztouch 48 heat pts48

  d 
space
$1,836 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Rubix
accuses people of looking only at the boxscore - and then uses the boxscore to make an invalid point.

Casual basketball fans don't understand that although Calderon may get a$sists, the way he runs the offense is frustrating. He turns everybody into jump shooters and over dribbles the basketball while looking to make the 3 foot pass so he can nurse his stupid a$sist to turnover ratio. He doesn't take "smart shots," he takes the ones he knows he can hit so he can nurse his shooting percentage. Look at what he did last game against San Antonio.. He had the ball in transition and what does he do? He drives it in and kicks it out to Amir for a 20 foot jumper - in ####en transition - just because its the "safe play" that won't hurt his stupid stats. But of course that type of #### flies over the head of raptor fans.

You say people want him right? then why has he been on the trading block for so long? Why is it that he was gonna get traded to ####en Charlotte of all places and the deal went dead at the last minute cuz Charlotte backed out? And then the player Charlotte was gonna give us was traded to Dallas for ####en diop!?! Calderon ain't #### and the league knows it. The lakers just took a look cuz they were desperate for a pg when Nash was out.

Calderon ain't a "a little weak" defensively - he's VERY weak defensively. And the only reason he's surviving here so long is because he's white. Yeah I ####en said it. And stop listening to those clowns Matt devlin and Leo rautins so much. Be your own man for chrissakes:
so you are telling me the people the raptors have brought into replace jose calderon played better then him? you are going to tell me jose hasnt played better this year in a starting roll then kyle lowry?

jose is a solid game manager. great team player. jose isnt there because hes white. hes been on the market almost every year. he has his flaws. defensivly hes a liabilty. hes always had problem running the fast break mostly because he struggles throwing alleyoops and doesnt like to draw contact its never been his playstyle. but to say he doesnt take smart shots then say he only takes shots he can make is just dumb.

who has he had to work with other then bosh. we payed jose based on potential, i dont agree with the money the raptors threw at him.

the Lakers looked at him because he doesn't make any stupid turnovers he has no problem managing a game. he is great in a half court offense . he can shoot the 3 ball and would have no problem letting Kobe run the offense.
i have no problem admitting that he can play to cautios of a game sometimes. but he's not worthy of the hate that the Raptor fans give him when you got guys like klieza, amir, bargani collecting solid pay cheques for absolutly nothing.

at the end of the season of he wants to come back for 2-4 il take him

Last edited by midaztouch; 12-28-2012 at 09:47 AM..
 12-28-2012, 10:15 AMaway - #26
RATCHET 

  d 
space
$1,396 | 2960788
Originally Posted by Rique
top 3 protected
Raptors GM is an idiot. Maybe he can trade Lowry and recoup the pick he gave up.
 12-28-2012, 06:21 PMaway - #27
Rubix 

  d 
space
$8,063 | POWERFUL
look at vasquez get into jose's a$s no homo
 12-28-2012, 06:50 PMaway - #28
Rubix 

  d 
space
$8,063 | POWERFUL
look at lowry lock vasquez down. look at how fluid the offense is with lowry running it. look how many freethrows we're getting since lowry entered the game.


calderon is a piece of #### that needs to get the hell out of toronto.
 12-28-2012, 06:55 PMaway - #29
Dray 516 heat pts516

  d 
space
$31,588 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Rubix
look at lowry lock vasquez down. look at how fluid the offense is with lowry running it. look how many freethrows we're getting since lowry entered the game.


calderon is a piece of #### that needs to get the hell out of toronto.
you do know they are playing the hornets and vasquez is a$s on D and keeps falling for screens..

pretty sure calderon would of got 3 a$sists and 4 points too you hater
 12-28-2012, 06:58 PMaway - #30
Rubix 

  d 
space
$8,063 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Dray
you do know they are playing the hornets and vasquez is a$s on D and keeps falling for screens..

pretty sure calderon would of got 3 a$sists and 4 points too you hater
shut your stupid a$s up. are you watching the game? did you not see vasquez take calderon off the dribble every single time he had the ball? dropped 8 pts 3 a$sists and 4 rebounds on calderon in less than the first 8 minutes and couldnt do #### against lowry since he came in. stay in your lane ####boy.
 12-28-2012, 07:03 PMaway - #31
Rubix 

  d 
space
$8,063 | POWERFUL
"pretty sure calderon would have gotten 3 a$sists 4 points too"

lowry in 10 minutes - 6 points, 3 a$sists, 1 rebound, 2 blocks, 1 steal. - +9
calderon in 12 minutes - 0 points, 0-3, 2 a$sists, 2 rebounds, 0 everywhere else - -2


 12-28-2012, 07:15 PMaway - #32
AceBoogie 45 heat pts45

  d 
space
$6,102 | POWERFUL
jose earned the starting spot huh?
better starter than lowry huh?
 12-28-2012, 07:21 PMaway - #33
DrX 56 heat pts56

  d 
space
$34,926 | POWERFUL
jose is underrated
 12-28-2012, 07:26 PMaway - #34
DanBootleg 106 heat pts106

  d 
space
$7,596 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by DrX
jose is underrated
At 11 mill a year he is not.
 12-28-2012, 07:29 PMaway - #35
stogz 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$26,488 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by ginobili 20
All them pg's you listed sucked though..... none of them went on after TOR and beasted .... funny you bring up james, he is famous for playing harder in contract years... granted he mainly only got 1 year contracts.... ford and alston both were trash

Has lowry even won a playoff game yet? I like cats game, but he gets hurt a lot... And this isn't the first time, he lost his job for whatever reason... best #### to do, is raise calderons stock and get what u can in a trade... .the feeling sorry for lowry angle, not buying so much... like I said, u can play both of them at the same time anyway.. lowry can play the 2

It really doesn't matter if u think the dudes i named sucked or not. It's about a history here. Toronto brought in guys to play the point specifically due to jose not be able. All them dudes played well for the raptors... to the point where if they could have stayed healthy, the starting pg job was there's. They couldn't stay healthy and jose came in and played decent for a stretch leading the coach to think jose could handle the job full time. Which, he always proves he can't.

My point (no pun), is that how many times are they gonna let this guy fool them? We've been through this song and dance at least 3 times now... at least!
 12-28-2012, 07:36 PMaway - #36
Rubix 

  d 
space
$8,063 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by stogz
It really doesn't matter if u think the dudes i named sucked or not. It's about a history here. Toronto brought in guys to play the point specifically due to jose not be able. All them dudes played well for the raptors... to the point where if they could have stayed healthy, the starting pg job was there's. They couldn't stay healthy and jose came in and played decent for a stretch leading the coach to think jose could handle the job full time. Which, he always proves he can't.

My point (no pun), is that how many times are they gonna let this guy fool them? We've been through this song and dance at least 3 times now... at least!




and as we speak, vasquez damn near has a triple double in the 3rd quarter. only 1 of those a$sists came when lowry guarded him. jose's defense...
 12-28-2012, 07:44 PMaway - #37
DanBootleg 106 heat pts106

  d 
space
$7,596 | POWERFUL
 12-28-2012, 08:26 PMaway - #38
Rubix 

  d 
space
$8,063 | POWERFUL
wow im not even trying to hate or anything but lowry left with a 10 point lead and vasquez only managed to get one a$sist (when lowry was guarding him in the post and amir came to help leading to a davis alley oop). then, calderon enters the game and the lead gets cut down to 2 with vasquez dropping 2 buckets and an a$sist in a minute on calderon.
 
New replies will show automatically every 15 second(s) Automatic thread refreshing has been stopped because you appear to be idle. Un-Idle - Reload

 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
NBA Former NBA Player Rex Chapman Arrested For Stealing From..
65 comments
NBA Tyson Chandler says character allegations wrong
53 comments
NBA Chris Paul Cried In Locker Room After Game 5 Loss To OKC
52 comments
 NCAAF Cfb Week 4 Thread
New reply 7 seconds ago - 594 comments - by eucalyptus
 Image(s) inside Progress: Interracial Wedding In Rural Southern Georgia
New reply 18 minutes ago - 58 comments - by Trill Gates
  Unconfirmed Theories/opinions/rumors In Hip Hop You Pe...
New reply 2 minutes ago - 104 comments - by True Sinister
 Video inside Daylyt Smokes His First Blunt Ever With Snoop And Murd...
New reply 21 minutes ago - 84 comments - by Star
  Kanye Lost: Kim K Nud3s Leaked On Twitter
New reply 5 minutes ago - 155 comments - by HeatMafia410
 Image(s) inside Sep 19 - Watch California Dry Up Right Before Your Eye...
New reply 36 minutes ago - 69 comments - by cheenz
 Image(s) inside Nipseyhussle Claims Lil Wayne Ex /bm Laura London Pro...
New reply 6 minutes ago - 51 comments - by ajeana
  What's Your One Favorite Gwuap Song Of All Time?
New reply 37 minutes ago - 65 comments - by Slickems

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,766 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.