Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish games movies news eyecandy tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

Can you stop using steroids and still still be big?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
43 viewing
 Image inside Illuminati pubically thanks bet on fb
75 comments
most viewed right now
41 viewing
 Image inside Who's Smashing This Chocolate Brick House?
30 comments

top in section
30 viewing
Meek Mill’s Backstage Demands Revealed In Concert Rider
top in hiphop
top in section
22 viewing
 NBA Woj: Arron Afflalo to NYK -- 3 Years, 36-38 Million
top in sports

people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)  

let em know » Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
 Can you stop using steroids and still still be big?
Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #1
14153 pageviews
13 comments

jlar12  space
space
$310 | 20052273
Not trying to start a debate on Barry, I'm asking a real question. If you stop using steroids will you lose muslce mass or if you keep lifting will you be able to maintain the physique you got while using?

13 comments for "Can you stop using steroids and still still be big?"

- To post a comment, join the squad -

Unread 8 years agoclass of '05 - away - #2
QualityRecords 7 heat pts space
space
$13,674 | POWERFUL
I would imagine that once you get that big, if you continue to lift that it would stay.
Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #3
jlar12  space
space
$310 | 20052273
QualityRecords said:
I would imagine that once you get that big, if you continue to lift that it would stay.
alright cool thanks
Unread 8 years agoclass of '06 - away - #4
bigmike5115  space
space
$1,425 | 2116931
im not too sure..you may lose a lil..cause i know if you stop and dont lift you lose..but not really sure
Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #5
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10 space
space
$4,366 | 18342196
my friend took em and quit......hasnt lost sh*t lol
Unread 8 years agoclass of '06 - away - #6
RAZAH CUTS 4014 heat pts4014 space
"macehualli"
space
$44,964 | POWERFUL
jlar12 said:
Not trying to start a debate on Barry, I'm asking a real question. If you stop using steroids will you lose muslce mass or if you keep lifting will you be able to maintain the physique you got while using?
you'll stay the same size, weight don't go nowhere unless you burn it off by running a lot and trimming ya diet down....so no, I would imagine it's very easy to get off the sauce and remain the same size........what would be affected is the rate at which you could lift, and the amount you could lift....From what I understand about roids is that they enable guys to lift everyday, and not have soreness and not have their muscles be depleted....rather they go in the gym and can lift twice aas much, twice as often and not be sore, so they can do it everyday, hence, they get huge....and if they are taking all them protein pills they won't lose muscle mass rapidly and risk injury (the usual results of lifting everyday) but instead get juiced outta their minds and bodies figuritively speaking....
Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #7
jumpman2304 22 heat pts22 space
space
$12,559 | POWERFUL
wow good question, i never thought about this...makes you think alittle harder tho...
Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #8
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts space
space
$4,347 | POWERFUL
Yes, if you can maintain the weight you putting up and have a proper diet. You recovery from lifting weights will go back to normal so it will slow down your progress, but that's a good thing because when you use steriods your muscles grow faster then the tendons which can increase the chances of injury if you over do it.
Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #9
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts space
Honolulu Blue
space
$13,622 | POWERFUL
I love the fact that the media is condemning steroids, yet never explains to the public what exactly they do and how exactly they work into an athletes regimen...i would bet that half of the people hating on Barry dont even understand what steroids do...
Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #10
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts space
space
$4,347 | POWERFUL
TheMagicMan said:
I love the fact that the media is condemning steroids, yet never explains to the public what exactly they do and how exactly they work into an athletes regimen...i would bet that half of the people hating on Barry dont even understand what steroids do...
I hear exactly what you're saying. All they really say about steroids is it's a unfair way to give you an advantage aganist your opponent, but it doesn't matter what you take if you don't put the work into your sport. The bottom line for steroids is it's considered cheating because it's illegal to use drugs in sports so they really don't feel the need to explain further. Do I think it's wrong? I can't say, but I know their are always acceptions to the rules when money is involved.
Unread 8 years agoclass of '04 - away - #11
Ldogg310 10 heat pts10 space
professional drunk
space
$9,691 | POWERFUL
RAZAH CUTS said:
you'll stay the same size, weight don't go nowhere unless you burn it off by running a lot and trimming ya diet down....so no, I would imagine it's very easy to get off the sauce and remain the same size........what would be affected is the rate at which you could lift, and the amount you could lift....From what I understand about roids is that they enable guys to lift everyday, and not have soreness and not have their muscles be depleted....rather they go in the gym and can lift twice aas much, twice as often and not be sore, so they can do it everyday, hence, they get huge....and if they are taking all them protein pills they won't lose muscle mass rapidly and risk injury (the usual results of lifting everyday) but instead get juiced outta their minds and bodies figuritively speaking....

doesn't that kinda cancel out your first comment??

if you stop usin roids you'll stop being able to lift everyday and your muscles would, in theory, deflate... maybe not all the way but enough to see a difference. or am i wrong??
Unread 8 years agoclass of '06 - away - #12
e180th 115 heat pts115 space
Bronx Essence
space
$18,371 | POWERFUL

I'm no expert, but I do know that steroids help recover muscles faster than normal. If anyone stops taking steroids, but continues lifting and maintaining their diet, they won't lose any mass... it'll just take longer for their muscles to recover.

In Barry Bonds case, a lot of people bash him for using it, but what they fail to realize, steroids has NOTHING to do with his performance. Steroids has nothing to do with his hand-eye coordination, which is key to being a good hitter. Bonds already had the power when he was with the Pirates.
Unread 8 years agoclass of '06 - away - #13
RAZAH CUTS 4014 heat pts4014 space
"macehualli"
space
$44,964 | POWERFUL
Ldogg310 said:
doesn't that kinda cancel out your first comment??

if you stop usin roids you'll stop being able to lift everyday and your muscles would, in theory, deflate... maybe not all the way but enough to see a difference. or am i wrong??
yeah you'd lose definition and maybe a few pounds, but for the most part that 30 pounds of weight that you put on ain't going anywhere unless you get a steady cardio workout going....that's why a lot of ex-steroid users have problems with heart disease.....when their on the sauce they have all that extra weight on em' and thay can maintain, but as soon as they get off they lose the strength to maintain, and their stuck with all that weight, wich puts a significant strain on their heart, therefore makin the risk of heart attack and problems with their heart beat more prevalent.......a perfect example is pro wrestlers.....many have suffered from heart problems now that they've stopped wrestling, and many have died of cardiac arrest....

Home > all sections > BX SportsCenter

join bx

that hot ish yesterday

most viewed right now
13 viewing
Jun 28 - German colleges offer free degrees to Americans
50 comments
@news
most viewed right now
10 viewing
Image inside Jun 27 - Calculus Teacher Arrested for Multiplying with Student
74 comments
@news
most viewed right now
10 viewing
So I Saw This Documentary Way Back On Here Then Today I'm On FB And See This
152 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
9 viewing
Video inside Titanic: The Ship That Never Sank?
46 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
9 viewing
At age 20, NBA legend Karl Malone impregnated a 13 year old girl.
119 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Video inside 5 Dark Conspiracies Covered Up By Accidents
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
5 viewing
Video inside 10 Richest Gamers On YouTube
106 comments
@games
most viewed right now
5 viewing
NBA Kelly Oubre already stealin all the bi-ches in the DMV area
85 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
4 viewing
Image inside Jun 27 - GREAT READ: ‘We quit our jobs and sold everything to travel’
89 comments
@news

^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |  © BX 1998-end of time