This is BX @ Boxden.com


Can you stop using steroids and still still be big?


 Can you stop using steroids and still still be big?
topic by jlar12 - 07-29-2007, 10:14 PM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter


Not trying to start a debate on Barry, I'm asking a real question. If you stop using steroids will you lose muslce mass or if you keep lifting will you be able to maintain the physique you got while using?


Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

13 comments for "Can you stop using steroids and still still be big?"


 07-29-2007, 10:16 PMaway - #2
QualityRecords 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$13,032 | POWERFUL
I would imagine that once you get that big, if you continue to lift that it would stay.
 07-29-2007, 10:21 PMaway - #3
jlar12 

  d 
space
$310 | 20052273
Originally Posted by QualityRecords
I would imagine that once you get that big, if you continue to lift that it would stay.
alright cool thanks
 07-29-2007, 10:23 PMaway - #4
bigmike5115 

  d 
space
$1,342 | 1902176
im not too sure..you may lose a lil..cause i know if you stop and dont lift you lose..but not really sure
 07-29-2007, 10:27 PMaway - #5
shadymilkman 9 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,242 | 17368799
my friend took em and quit......hasnt lost #### lol
 07-29-2007, 10:50 PMaway - #6
RAZAH CUTS 2207 heat pts2207

  d 
space
$38,983 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by jlar12
Not trying to start a debate on Barry, I'm asking a real question. If you stop using steroids will you lose muslce mass or if you keep lifting will you be able to maintain the physique you got while using?
you'll stay the same size, weight don't go nowhere unless you burn it off by running a lot and trimming ya diet down....so no, I would imagine it's very easy to get off the sauce and remain the same size........what would be affected is the rate at which you could lift, and the amount you could lift....From what I understand about roids is that they enable guys to lift everyday, and not have soreness and not have their muscles be depleted....rather they go in the gym and can lift twice aas much, twice as often and not be sore, so they can do it everyday, hence, they get huge....and if they are taking all them protein pills they won't lose muscle mass rapidly and risk injury (the usual results of lifting everyday) but instead get juiced outta their minds and bodies figuritively speaking....
 07-30-2007, 12:55 AMaway - #7
jumpman2304 20 heat pts20

  d 
space
$12,251 | POWERFUL
wow good question, i never thought about this...makes you think alittle harder tho...
 07-30-2007, 07:32 AMaway - #8
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,252 | POWERFUL
Yes, if you can maintain the weight you putting up and have a proper diet. You recovery from lifting weights will go back to normal so it will slow down your progress, but that's a good thing because when you use steriods your muscles grow faster then the tendons which can increase the chances of injury if you over do it.
 07-30-2007, 07:45 AMaway - #9
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts

  d 
space
$13,570 | POWERFUL
I love the fact that the media is condemning steroids, yet never explains to the public what exactly they do and how exactly they work into an athletes regimen...i would bet that half of the people hating on Barry dont even understand what steroids do...
 07-30-2007, 09:42 AMaway - #10
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,252 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by TheMagicMan
I love the fact that the media is condemning steroids, yet never explains to the public what exactly they do and how exactly they work into an athletes regimen...i would bet that half of the people hating on Barry dont even understand what steroids do...
I hear exactly what you're saying. All they really say about steroids is it's a unfair way to give you an advantage aganist your opponent, but it doesn't matter what you take if you don't put the work into your sport. The bottom line for steroids is it's considered cheating because it's illegal to use drugs in sports so they really don't feel the need to explain further. Do I think it's wrong? I can't say, but I know their are always acceptions to the rules when money is involved.
 07-30-2007, 11:38 AMaway - #11
Ldogg310 10 heat pts10

  d 
space
$9,483 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by RAZAH CUTS
you'll stay the same size, weight don't go nowhere unless you burn it off by running a lot and trimming ya diet down....so no, I would imagine it's very easy to get off the sauce and remain the same size........what would be affected is the rate at which you could lift, and the amount you could lift....From what I understand about roids is that they enable guys to lift everyday, and not have soreness and not have their muscles be depleted....rather they go in the gym and can lift twice aas much, twice as often and not be sore, so they can do it everyday, hence, they get huge....and if they are taking all them protein pills they won't lose muscle mass rapidly and risk injury (the usual results of lifting everyday) but instead get juiced outta their minds and bodies figuritively speaking....

doesn't that kinda cancel out your first comment??

if you stop usin roids you'll stop being able to lift everyday and your muscles would, in theory, deflate... maybe not all the way but enough to see a difference. or am i wrong??
 07-30-2007, 11:45 AMaway - #12
Parkchester 103 heat pts103

  d 
space
$15,475 | POWERFUL
26

I'm no expert, but I do know that steroids help recover muscles faster than normal. If anyone stops taking steroids, but continues lifting and maintaining their diet, they won't lose any mass... it'll just take longer for their muscles to recover.

In Barry Bonds case, a lot of people bash him for using it, but what they fail to realize, steroids has NOTHING to do with his performance. Steroids has nothing to do with his hand-eye coordination, which is key to being a good hitter. Bonds already had the power when he was with the Pirates.
 07-30-2007, 11:59 AMaway - #13
RAZAH CUTS 2207 heat pts2207

  d 
space
$38,983 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Ldogg310
doesn't that kinda cancel out your first comment??

if you stop usin roids you'll stop being able to lift everyday and your muscles would, in theory, deflate... maybe not all the way but enough to see a difference. or am i wrong??
yeah you'd lose definition and maybe a few pounds, but for the most part that 30 pounds of weight that you put on ain't going anywhere unless you get a steady cardio workout going....that's why a lot of ex-steroid users have problems with heart disease.....when their on the sauce they have all that extra weight on em' and thay can maintain, but as soon as they get off they lose the strength to maintain, and their stuck with all that weight, wich puts a significant strain on their heart, therefore makin the risk of heart attack and problems with their heart beat more prevalent.......a perfect example is pro wrestlers.....many have suffered from heart problems now that they've stopped wrestling, and many have died of cardiac arrest....
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Video inside  The Last of Us Remastered drops on Tuesday, you copping?
54 comments
Image inside  PS4 “GayStation Edition” Up for Auction To Celebrate ..
80 comments
NBA Who you with? 1, 2, 3, or 4
147 comments
 NBA Zach Lavine Destroys Dunk Contest Vs Professional Dunk...
New reply 1 minute ago - 87 comments - by mixtapelive
 Video inside Batman V Superman Comic-con Trailer
New reply 15 minutes ago - 133 comments - by SM
 Video inside Aaron Hall: Any B*tch That Say My D*ck Is Small Is Lying
New reply 2 minutes ago - 109 comments - by GoldBluded
 Video inside Throwback: Bsm Frenchie Unites Crips & Bloods In Nyc
New reply 39 minutes ago - 55 comments - by OG T Gutta N
 NBA Throwback: The Greatest Nba Gif Of All Time (pic)
New reply 9 minutes ago - 149 comments - by King Henry
  Gamestop Says Only A Handful Of Their Customers Know A...
New reply 1 hour ago - 51 comments - by Da Ill One
 audio inside Chicago Rapper Stain Gang Vonno - I Might Die Shot An...
New reply 15 minutes ago - 71 comments - by GLOCKN SKIMASK
  Jul 27 - Your ‘pure’ Bottled Water Contains Added Chem...
New reply 1 hour ago - 97 comments - by RAZAH CUTS

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,757 fans of BX | none new today 4,750 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.