This is BX @ Boxden.com


BX Lets give a hand to Mr Kobe Bean Bryant.


 BX Lets give a hand to Mr Kobe Bean Bryant.
 07-10-2012, 11:11 AMaway - #21
R0R0 20 heat pts20

  d 
space
$4,966 | 14154942
Originally Posted by maxnn
I'm not saying Kobe isn't a relevant superstar. My question is, if Kobe is still a relevant superstar, how is KG not a relevant superstar?
UR STIL AT IT
 07-10-2012, 11:12 AMaway - #22
ThePainkiller 296 heat pts296

  d 
space
$52,305 | POWERFUL
That's my GOAT BOAT MASS(Most Awesome SuperStar)
 07-10-2012, 11:12 AMaway - #23
U.B.HiRM 30 heat pts30

  d 
space
$11,429 | POWERFUL
will he play in 2016
 07-10-2012, 11:16 AMaway - #24
chenkcity 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$656 | 7004137
Originally Posted by U.B.HiRM
will he play in 2016
At the ripe age of 38 I dont see why not. He has already lost most of his athletic ability and relays purely on basketball IQ, skill and intelligence. There really is no end in sight of when the bean will stop dominating.

6 seasons left of the pure greatness, he may no longer be putting people on posters but the footwork, the pump fakes, the dribble dribble pull up j's, the fade aways, the leadership, the drive to be THE GOAT all things we can still expect from Kobe.
 07-10-2012, 11:17 AMaway - #25
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$10,149 | POWERFUL
Dont ever retire mamba
 07-10-2012, 11:29 AMaway - #26
maxnn 99 heat pts99

  d 
space
$9,487 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by whodatb1
because kobe sells out arenas ......... STILL ...... sells merchandise ........ STILL ..... and whether kobes off or on ...... hes all ways turnt the #### up ..... ON A TRILLION ... kg just cant give u that every night ........ and kobe stats was MVP worthy besides the fg% ... which will improve with a pg gettin him the ball in better spots (different topic/different discussion) .....

kg= relevant star
kobe= relevant superstar
OK, you gave a legit argument. I can buy a lot of what you are selling. But here is another question. Can you determine whether someone is a superstar based on the arenas they sell out and the merchandise they sell?


Blake Griffin is exciting. People go to the arena to see him. He brings ratings, jerseys, sell outs. Is he a superstar?

On the other hand, Tim Duncan and his teams were considered boring. The two lowest rated finals in history both involved Tim Duncan (03 (nets lost) and 07 (that's with him playing lebron).

The NBA couldn't even sell out every NBA finals game in 03. Are you saying he was never a superstar because he couldn't sell out arenas?
 07-10-2012, 11:37 AMonline - #27
JamcnPrettyboy 75 heat pts75

  d 
space
$17,936 | POWERFUL
This team looks awful
 07-10-2012, 11:42 AMaway - #28
chenkcity 7 heat pts

  d 
space
$656 | 7004137
Originally Posted by maxnn
OK, you gave a legit argument. I can buy a lot of what you are selling. But here is another question. Can you determine whether someone is a superstar based on the arenas they sell out and the merchandise they sell?


Blake Griffin is exciting. People go to the arena to see him. He brings ratings, jerseys, sell outs. Is he a superstar?

On the other hand, Tim Duncan and his teams were considered boring. The two lowest rated finals in history both involved Tim Duncan (03 (nets lost) and 07 (that's with him playing lebron).

The NBA couldn't even sell out every NBA finals game in 03. Are you saying he was never a superstar because he couldn't sell out arenas?
Depends on your definition of a superstar.

Was Tim Duncans play on the same level as that of a superstar? Yes.

Was he a an athlete that peopled liked to follow and cared about his career? No.

I would say that Tim Duncan was a superstar yes, but thats only because I follow the NBA closely. Some random person on the street may not have ever heard of Tim Duncan but most likely has heard of Kobe, that person will tell you that Tim Duncan probably is not a superstar.
 07-10-2012, 11:45 AMaway - #29
ALTheGreatS 20 heat pts20

  d 
space
$3,246 | POWERFUL


Threads like these make my day
 07-10-2012, 12:03 PMaway - #30
CaLis LEGACY 71 heat pts71

  d 
space
$810 | POWERFUL














 07-10-2012, 12:06 PMaway - #31
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106

  d 
space
$22,585 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by whodatb1
because kobe sells out arenas ......... STILL ...... sells merchandise ........ STILL ..... and whether kobes off or on ...... hes all ways turnt the #### up ..... ON A TRILLION ... kg just cant give u that every night ........ and kobe stats was MVP worthy besides the fg% ... which will improve with a pg gettin him the ball in better spots (different topic/different discussion) .....

kg= relevant star
kobe= relevant superstar


KG top 5 international sales on his jersey

avg 20/10 in the playoffs with the highest combined +/- for most of the year was pretty much unstoppable this years playoffs

KG should still be considered a superstar how many big men are ####in with him
 07-10-2012, 12:09 PMaway - #32
Kadillac87 194 heat pts194

  d 
space
$13,740 | POWERFUL
Pic makes it looks like my boy Kobe is in a wheelchair
 07-10-2012, 12:09 PMaway - #33
Play4keepz32 8 heat pts

  d 
space
$2,138 | 8404076
All hail the goat
 07-10-2012, 12:10 PMonline - #34
lboog1423 179 heat pts179

  d 
space
$17,527 | POWERFUL
Everyday A Star Is Born JAY Z (feat.J.Cole) - YouTube


 07-10-2012, 12:10 PMaway - #35
A.G 27 heat pts27

  d 
space
$36,396 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Bea5T
Kobe making first team all nba teams while Ray allen signed for 3 million to warm the bench for wade

While Iverson...























































Wait, what the #### is he doing these days?
 07-10-2012, 12:12 PMaway - #36
modalee 4 heat pts

  d 
space
$12,166 | POWERFUL
Kobe the GOAT
 07-10-2012, 12:13 PMaway - #37
Matrix 50 heat pts50

  d 
space
$8,247 | POWERFUL
Damn, this most likely will be the last time we see Kobe play for team USA
 07-10-2012, 12:16 PMaway - #38
shan0514 

  d 
space
$1,481 | 3655843
Originally Posted by maxnn
I'm not saying Kobe isn't a relevant superstar. My question is, if Kobe is still a relevant superstar, how is KG not a relevant superstar?
i'll tell you why he's not...


Kobe has 5....

KG only has 1.



 07-10-2012, 12:45 PMonline - #39
HeruDat 70 heat pts70

  d 
space
$21,880 | POWERFUL
 07-10-2012, 01:33 PMaway - #40
carden2 9 heat pts

  d 
space
$11,701 | POWERFUL
if your not a top 5 player in the league in scoring at some time in your career fans don't translate you as one of the best players in the game.
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Images of Ben Afleck's Costume In Full Color from Bat..
55 comments
Image inside  Which games are gonna flop in October n November? Too..
51 comments
Video inside  "NBA Street Vol. 2" Repped for the Old School.
61 comments
 Video inside Tameka "tiny" Harris (t.i. Wife) - #wtfygd (...
New reply 33 seconds ago - 156 comments - by Fresh Whyte
 Image(s) inside Bx You Smashing Or Not???
New reply 7 minutes ago - 145 comments - by tokinjohn
 F/L My Journey....so Far
New reply 39 seconds ago - 147 comments - by King Jackson
 NFL Russell Wilson And Tom Brady Has The Same Rating On Ma...
New reply 7 minutes ago - 83 comments - by Kingpin 313
 Image(s) inside Caption Pic: Jay Elect X Mos Def Aka Yasiin Bey X Mini...
New reply 4 minutes ago - 70 comments - by Avon_Barksdale
 Image(s) inside Jul 23 - Meet The 19-year-old Chicago Teen Who May Cur...
New reply 9 minutes ago - 76 comments - by Sin
 NBA Dan Lebatard Mini Rant ( Lebron )
New reply 5 minutes ago - 139 comments - by El Heat Index
 NBA Derrick Rose Is Back. Can't Wait. Must See Video
New reply 16 minutes ago - 104 comments - by MikeJones212

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,756 fans of BX | none new today 4,746 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.