This is BX @ Boxden.com


Barry Bonds, the greatest MLB player in history?


 Barry Bonds, the greatest MLB player in history?
topic by I_REP_VA - 08-08-2007, 12:31 AM - Boxden > BX SportsCenter


Tiger... Michael.. Gretsky... BONDS???


Latest Sports Hot Topics »   share this topic »   Share this on Twitter Share this on Facebook

89 comments for "So Is Barry Bonds Baseball's Greatest Player?"


 08-08-2007, 12:32 AMaway - #2
RAZAH CUTS 1520 heat pts1520

  d 
space
$36,753 | POWERFUL
nah....I'mma have to give the all time spot to Hank Aaron and the present day spot to A Rod or Albert Pujols.....
 08-08-2007, 12:41 AMaway - #3
AlCapone|m 

  d 
space
$14,389 | POWERFUL
time can only tell, if not the best he's solid top 3
 08-08-2007, 01:08 AMaway - #4
bigpinero 1 heat pts

  d 
space
$4,163 | 9278444
its gretzky
 08-08-2007, 01:18 AMaway - #5
titanreese 13 heat pts13

  d 
space
$10,345 | POWERFUL
Bonds is a great player, but homeruns dont make him the greatest of all time! I mean come on people! No championships equals a negative in my book! Again Congratz Bonds on the Record though!
 08-08-2007, 01:22 AMaway - #6
AlCapone|m 

  d 
space
$14,389 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by titanreese
Bonds is a great player, but homeruns dont make him the greatest of all time! I mean come on people! No championships equals a negative in my book! Again Congratz Bonds on the Record though!
have u even seen his other stats
 08-08-2007, 01:26 AMaway - #7
facility651 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,621 | 11030680
Originally Posted by AlCapone
have u even seen his other stats
agree'd he used 2 be a base stealing and fielding machine in pittsburgh and the early days with SF i think he is the baseball player ever....and remember HES NEVER FAILED A DRUG TEST!
 08-08-2007, 01:29 AMaway - #8
titanreese 13 heat pts13

  d 
space
$10,345 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by AlCapone
have u even seen his other stats
Yea, which makes him a great player! A first ballot hall of famer! Greatest of all time is pushing it! No way can u say hes the greatest player ever!
 08-08-2007, 01:30 AMaway - #9
Mcmasterlock 

  d 
space
$6,802 | 12667332
The greatest hitter yes
 08-08-2007, 01:36 AMaway - #10
AlCapone|m 

  d 
space
$14,389 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by titanreese
Yea, which makes him a great player! A first ballot hall of famer! Greatest of all time is pushing it! No way can u say hes the greatest player ever!
but u said HR leader doesnt make him greatest of all time...well yes but u need to be great in every aspect and he is/was
 08-08-2007, 01:38 AMaway - #11
facility651 6 heat pts

  d 
space
$1,621 | 11030680
Originally Posted by titanreese
Yea, which makes him a great player! A first ballot hall of famer! Greatest of all time is pushing it! No way can u say hes the greatest player ever!
So whos better then Him not babe ruth,mickey mantle,lou gerigh (sp)

i can only think of 5 possibles and they are extremly pushin it

Joe Dimaggio
Willie Mays
Hank Aaron
Pete Rose
Roberto Clemente
 08-08-2007, 01:43 AMaway - #12
titanreese 13 heat pts13

  d 
space
$10,345 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by Mcmasterlock
The greatest hitter yes
The Babe played all positions and was a 20 game winner has a pitcher! Not saying babe is the greatest but yea! It would honestly be very hard to say anyone is the greatest in this baseball era! Theres 2 sides of Baseball! Pitcher and Hitter! Hard to say there is just one greatest! Bonds broke a great record! He only took his team to the WS once and lost! I define the greatest as being a person who had major success but also took that team the extra length!
 08-08-2007, 01:44 AMaway - #13
titanreese 13 heat pts13

  d 
space
$10,345 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by facility651
So whos better then Him not babe ruth,mickey mantle,lou gerigh (sp)

i can only think of 5 possibles and they are extremly pushin it

Joe Dimaggio
Willie Mays
Hank Aaron
Pete Rose
Roberto Clemente
How could u not put Babe Ruth in there!
 08-08-2007, 01:46 AMaway - #14
Hurricane Ra 

  d 
space
$13,852 | POWERFUL
Bonds is the great all around player ever.. Theres a few who are very close.. Ted Williams, Babe Ruth, Willie Mays. *edit* Forgot Joe D

Last edited by Hurricane Ra; 08-08-2007 at 01:54 AM..
 08-08-2007, 01:51 AMaway - #15
trailor 

  d 
space
$216 | 390642
any niga out there can break a record.. it takes a team player who can still run !! to be the greatest of all time, and that, my friends, is not barry, sorry
 08-08-2007, 01:52 AMaway - #16
AlCapone|m 

  d 
space
$14,389 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by titanreese
The Babe played all positions and was a 20 game winner has a pitcher! Not saying babe is the greatest but yea! It would honestly be very hard to say anyone is the greatest in this baseball era! Theres 2 sides of Baseball! Pitcher and Hitter! Hard to say there is just one greatest! Bonds broke a great record! He only took his team to the WS once and lost! I define the greatest as being a person who had major success but also took that team the extra length!
concerning the world series appearance: its amazing he even made it that far considering how the giants never protect bonds in the lineup which is why he gets pitched around cuz now they turn to ryan klesko :rolleyes:....he had one of the best playoff and world series performances ever and the giants were up 3-2 in the series and bullpen blew it in the 8th inning so thats not bonds fault there
 08-08-2007, 01:54 AMaway - #17
AlCapone|m 

  d 
space
$14,389 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by trailor
any niga out there can break a record.. it takes a team player who can still run !! to be the greatest of all time, and that, my friends, is not barry, sorry
sure anybody can break a record but very few actually do
 08-08-2007, 01:57 AMaway - #18
Nasty Nate 21 heat pts21

  d 
space
$4,602 | POWERFUL
1.Babe Ruth
2.Ted Williams
3.Bonds
 08-08-2007, 01:57 AMaway - #19
titanreese 13 heat pts13

  d 
space
$10,345 | POWERFUL
Originally Posted by AlCapone
concerning the world series appearance: its amazing he even made it that far considering how the giants never protect bonds in the lineup which is why he gets pitched around cuz now they turn to ryan klesko :rolleyes:....he had one of the best playoff and world series performances ever and the giants were up 3-2 in the series and bullpen blew it in the 8th inning so thats not bonds fault there
But i want to explain to me how hes better then Babe Ruth! Babe had Pitching, fielding, hitting! I mean Barry has Hitting, steals, and walks! and Barry only had steals before he got HUGH! <<<not meaning that in a bad way no evidence>>>
 08-08-2007, 01:59 AMaway - #20
Polo 3 heat pts

  d 
space
$271 | 2211277
I hate hearing this discussion, because Ken Griffey was suppose to baseballs G.O.A.T. :finger: injuries
 
 


Go Back   Boxden.Com - Stay First. Follow BX. > BX Table Of Contents > BX SportsCenter
    
         

 



Latest hot topics on fire the past 48 hrs
Image inside  Actual Iggy Azalea
60 comments
NBA James Dolan BLOCKING Phil Jackson from firing Knicks per..
54 comments
NBA Tim Donaghy: NBA has told refs to give Nets calls over R..
53 comments
 Image(s) inside The Real Nike Re Stock In The Next 10 Days
New reply 20 seconds ago - 138 comments - by donmagic901
 Video inside Dr. Dre Or Pharrell??
New reply 6 minutes ago - 73 comments - by AngOmusic93
 NBA Nba-who Is The Most Overrated All Time Great?
New reply 3 minutes ago - 142 comments - by JordanWest86
 Video inside Scarface - No Problem (official Music Video)
New reply 17 minutes ago - 56 comments - by SM
 Image(s) inside Apr 22 - A New Study Shows What The Job Market Will Lo...
New reply 3 minutes ago - 67 comments - by RAZAH CUTS
  Apr 22 - Close To 50 Shot Over Easter Weekend In Chicago
New reply 19 minutes ago - 54 comments - by tdnupe3
 NBA Woj: Turner And Stephenson Fist Fought Right Before Pl...
New reply 5 minutes ago - 64 comments - by 44wade
 NBA Lakers Sg Kobe Bryant Returns To The Court
New reply 24 minutes ago - 54 comments - by ReggieA

Like BX on Facebook Follow BX on Twitter
5,710 fans of BX | none new today 4,647 following | none new today

hot topic blog   »    hip-hop   |   sports   |   movies   |   games   |   news   |   wild'ish   |   gear   |   rides   |   tech

contact us   |   mobile   |   privacy statement

© Boxden.com. 1998 - end of time.